bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
[video=youtube_share;5cE4Nx-f_Ws]http://youtu.be/5cE4Nx-f_Ws[/video]

Take out the S when you post it in the HTTPS and it loads on the page
Oh ok. I just copied the link and pasted it. Will keep an eye on that going forward. This seems to load for me so thanks for fixing it

primolift00

Awards
  • Established

Olympus Labs Whey Protein Fruity Cereal

Taste

Fruity Cereal – The second I took my first sip the first thing that shot in my head was Trix. I thought due to the cereal and marshmallow inclusion I would get a lucky charms replica, but this was sweeter then that. For those who have a vicious sweet tooth and love drinking the milk after a bowl of cereal this would be a great flavor for you to have on hand. I enjoyed this one more then most due to the fact I grew up eating boxes of cereal a week and Trix was a childhood favorite.

Mixability
For each taste test I am going to mix one sample packet with 6-8oz of Almond/Cashew Milk. I will then blend it in my ninja blender. I want to keep each review consistent to see if there is any deviance in thickness and consistency between the flavors. Protein shakes are also the most utilize way of consuming whey protein.
During my experience on the samples I will say it mixed thicker then regular whey or isolate protein, but not as thick as casein. This would be right in the middle that would resemble a blend. My guess is there are hints of Milk Protein Isolate or a touch of casein. If you want a thick and dense shake I would say 4-6oz would suit you very well, if you like a thinner consistency go with 8-12oz.

Formula
There was no formula, macros, or calories listed for the protein. What I can say is that due to how it mixed on the thicker side I can guess this a blend (not 100% sure). Knowing Olympus labs thrives off being on the cutting edge of their formula’s they would only go that route to back what research shows is optimal.

[video=youtube_share;idq7mGKOdbk]http://youtu.be/idq7mGKOdbk[/video]

Ready to order this as soon as it’s available! When is the pre sale?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If only we had a carbonated option in a can so could do the Kansas redneck shotgun. Beer bong it is I guess;)
when I was a kid we used to hammer a nail in the bottom of a beer can, then when you pull the tab it comes out a lot quicker....you can see how I became an alcoholic, lol.....:pat:

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
guys, please keep them PBC reviews incoming, never had a good PB flavoured protein, so this one has the be KILLER!

im also not sure how i should buy that stuff and ship it to europe without paying dozens of euros for shipping
curious if its affordable for me
I can assure you that Peanut Butter Cups is absolutely delicious! Best tasting protein shake for any flavor of any brand that I have ever had.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use to always use 1% or 2% milk for years! I recently converted to water after discovering that is what most people use. My favorite is Fairlife milk which has even more protein!

I think taste and texture is definitely improved with milk for most protein powders. On the other hand, it can cause solubility issues as opposed to water.

Is it preferred that we use one or the other, or just what we normally use Jebrook?
I find protein’s nicer with milk too, casein mixed in milk before bed ?? omd
I like to use whey isolate during the day though and mixing whey isolate or concentrate with milk slows down digestion. Something to keep in mind

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was previously more excited for Blueberry Pastry, since it's a little more unique than PBC, but damn, the way you guys are talking may sway me to want to try that one first haha.

Nice job with the reviews, everyone!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I find protein’s nicer with milk too, casein mixed in milk before bed omd
I like to use whey isolate during the day though and mixing whey isolate or concentrate with milk slows down digestion. Something to keep in mind
That is good to know! I can’t tell you how many times I have taken a protein shake only to have it blast out the other end within 2 hours! My fiancé always did enjoy cleaning it up though..

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think these reviews are a riot... Don't forget djbombsquad who looks like he's high as **** on something doing his review in the boiler room with all types of clutter around. And he keeps looking around like he's on something... Oh then he has the lighter in his hand too!

When he started talking about he did the whole bag but didn't know how many grams were in it I about lost it lol

Sorry I had to post that since were talking about Ricky10 chugging ability
Hey I smoke all day but it’s cannabis not cigarettes. I was looking for the bag because I miss placed it. ( it had no label so of course I didn’t know the volume). My first video didn’t save and I wanted to show the camera the bag . The room I’m in is my storage room so I use it to get work down and smoke .

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My video is now extended to be more comprehensive. Damn I am boring in videos!

I am cut off!

[video=youtube;j7uYLeeTeOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uYLeeTeOc&t=24s[/video]

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some voices in my head tell me we did quite a good job hahaha
Not quite sure how you guys pulled it off! You know what is going to happen next...
People are going to want a 5 tub intro special like with RE1GN, so they can try all the flavors..

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think these reviews are a riot... Don't forget djbombsquad who looks like he's high as **** on something doing his review in the boiler room with all types of clutter around. And he keeps looking around like he's on something... Oh then he has the lighter in his hand too!

When he started talking about he did the whole bag but didn't know how many grams were in it I about lost it lol

Sorry I had to post that since were talking about Ricky10 chugging ability
He’s on to something. Check out his white flash review he posted a few moments ago here on AM

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fruity Cereal

Trends that continue:
1. Thicker than expected in water
I believe at this point finding a consistency where no matter what liquid was used the thickness would be on stage
2. Smooth and creamy texture
Again it had to be a point of emphasis bc these are all top notch in the smooth and creamy dept.
3. Use of floating crisps to add to the drinking experience.

The crisps in this one fooled me. When I looked in the bag I swore those were marshmallows bits and seeing it’s a cereal flavor I had no doubts. Heck I even showed and described them as marshmallow bits on camera. Then I tasted the shake and boom I realized they were fruity crisps like in my all time favorite cereal fruity pebbles. Awesome job. It was literally like drinking down the milk left after a bowl of pebbles when there’s still a few pebbles floating in the milk and you drink them too with the milk.

The taste is top notch. For me it’s fruity pebbles but then you get a bit of the fruitier trix pieces taste in there as well.

Smooth and creamy as mentioned above. Thicker than expected also mentioned above. Mixes easiest of the 4, not that any were hard to mix though, but this one was like a cpl swishes of the spoon, super quick.

The fruit taste is not a fresh fruit but I truly hope nobody expected it to be. No one wants a bowl of fruity cereal to taste fresh as in fresh fruit, no you want that artificial fruity taste. Literally spot on. But if you don’t like those types of cereal then of course this isn’t your choice.

Novelty for sure but man, it’s in the 80s here and gives me the perfect sense of a hot hot summer day. Amazing flavor for such a time. I mixed it with about 8 oz of ice water so it was awesome super cold.

Rating 9.5 out of 10

Man I’m gonna have a really hard time ranking these from 1-5 when I finish the last video.

[video=youtube_share;2G_kWTIzXlc]http://youtu.be/2G_kWTIzXlc[/video]

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh it's easy....spend a few months doing thousands of taste tests with the best flavor company on the market LOL

...and yet, we couldn't get enough even after gulping down 2k gallons shakes :alcoholic:
That is when my funnel action comes into play. Might I suggest that you take away some pointers from my video..:approve:

Sweet. Thanks for updating Ricky10! Great job buddy.
Apparently you can’t merge videos anymore on YouTube. I put in a late night figuring out how to throw that together!:boggled:

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you guys have a ballpark idea for when this launches?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is good to know! I can’t tell you how many times I have taken a protein shake only to have it blast out the other end within 2 hours! My fiancé always did enjoy cleaning it up though..
Lol that’s a good omen for a happy marriage
Congratulations dude

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mocha Cereal

First off I’d just like to take a second to thank Jebrook and the rest of the Olympus Labs team for giving me the amazing opportunity to test out all 5 flavors. I had a blast doing these videos and actually sad there aren’t even more flavors to test out.

This flavor is a blended mix of chocolate and coffee notes that seemlessly waft back and forth across your pallet. I tried finding a truly dominant flavor but really the two tastes seemed equally present with each sip. If you put a gun to my head and made me choose a dominant flavor then I’d have to say the coffee aspect stood strongest to me, but really it’s splitting hairs bc both are equally strong.

Consistency again was thicker than you’d expect from using water. I purposely used the same liquid for each flavor to have a comparison between flavors. This is a strong selling point.

Texture with all these flavors was very smooth and very creamy. This is going to be a strong selling point for their line as well. Very nicely done.

Little crisps again in this one. It’s funny i knew they were there but the coffee taste completely took my attention of the crisps. In general these crisps are a welcome addition as it adds a bit of fun and spices up something that’s become so routine to anyone truly into fitness.

Mixes least favorably of all 5 flavors. Initial stirring made me think it mixed fine but as I got to the bottom I noticed some clumping at the bottom of the glass. This was very apparent on the video as well. If I would’ve caught it earlier a few additional passes of the spoon would’ve broke it up no problem but it is what it is. Ideal no but the flavor is so good I think I can give a little pass to some protein on the bottom of a glass. If Blender bottle was used like most do use there’d be zero mixability issues with mocha for sure. And again no mixing issues with any of the other flavors.

Final rankings
1. Pb cup
2. Fruity cereal
3. gingerbread cookie
4. Mocha cereal
5 blueberry pastry

Mocha based on flavor would’ve been 2 but bc 2-4 we’re so close I did knock mocha to 4 based on the mixability issue I had.

Overall though great line of unique flavors for inaugural lineup. To think ol could’ve played it safe and went chocolate vanilla strawberry cinnamon bun and birthday cake. But that wouldn’t have been innovative would it?

Thanks again.

[video=youtube_share;LVaXPOAskyo]http://youtu.be/LVaXPOAskyo[/video]

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Outstanding job on the reviews bloodnthunder! I’ve enjoyed them very much. Thanks for your time and effort.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Outstanding job on the reviews bloodnthunder! I’ve enjoyed them very much. Thanks for your time and effort.
Agreed. Solid reviews that are much appreciated

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
can some1 of the chosen ones try to make a sludge and give feedback?
i rarely drink my shakes. most of the time i use PES and mix it with either a 300ml cold water or 300ml almond milk to make a thick
sludge.
is OL compareable in the thickness? could i do the same?

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i rarely drink my shakes. most of the time i use PES and mix it with either a 300ml cold water or 300ml almond milk to make a thick
sludge.
I’m all out of samples but I can tell u that I used 8-10 oz of water for every sample and they are surprisingly thick for using water. I use pes all the time and outside of the mint chocolate flavor I’d say these are thicker for sure. Never made sludge b4 though.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sludge.
If you’d like a thicker shake you could buy a little tub of xanthan gum (other forms of fibre and gelling agents probably work too) and sprinkle a little into some dry shake powder. Mix it in well before you add any liquids and you’ll need to do a little experimenting to find the right ratio. But at some point voila

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
https://youtu.be/QiepEPdydPE

Fruity Cereal: 10/10
Hands down my favorite of the bunch. I’ve been on a fruity kick as of late and I totally see this as a staple for the future. I absolutely love fruity pebbles and this delivered with both taste and crunchies. Not absurdly sweet by just enough to get that post pebble cereal milk goodness.

Like all the other samples, my personal preference is to have a tad bit thicker protein to drink but these tastes so good that I don’t really have any qualms. Maybe next time I’ll reduce the amount of liquid from 6 to 4 oz for a thicker consistency. All in all, a solid and much welcomed flavor

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
https://youtu.be/BbLSWnT6rlw
Gingerbread Cookie: 8.5/10
Like I said in the video, Christmas in your mouth. I really hope this isn’t a seasonal flavor because I feel like I could get down on this year round. The spice aspect wasn’t overpowering and the cookie pieces were pleasant and really gave it the crunchiness to warrant the cookie part in the name. Some companies feel the need to spruce up the name of the protein and fall short when it’s pretty one dimensional. Out of all the flavors, I feel like this one would truly shine in baked goods or even oats. I will, without a doubt, be picking up a few tubs when it’s released

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
https://youtu.be/oJy3OFU0x4o
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups: 8/10
Out of the bunch, this was my least favorite. With that being said, it still fairly good. It wasn’t heavy on the chocolate or PB aspect of what I would expect of a well done peanut butter cup but it was somewhere in between. Personally, I would enjoy a protein with a bit heavier PB flavor but I could see people really liking this.

And out of all the samples, this was the only one without crisps in it. All in all still a solid protein.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
https://youtu.be/ulIUFxsi1Xk
Blueberry Pastry: 9/10
Aside from the fruity cereal, this was the one that I had the highest expectations for and OL delivered. I was curious to see if they would go for a more natural blueberry flavor or whether they would stay true to the poptart idea and go with an ultra sweet rendition. It wasn’t as sweet as I expected but the blueberry aspect was definitely there. Unlike the other blueberry Pastry proteins, the pastry mix-ins are lite and crispy and stay towards the top of the protein as opposed to all sinking to the bottom of the shaker. This was a solid effort from OL and I totally look forward to incorporating this flavor in the kitchen in the near future

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
https://youtu.be/3OY7Mf84uBo
Mocha Cereal: 8.5/10
So a mocha is supposed to be a coffee drink that includes chocolate, coffee, and milk; and I think OL definitely incorporated each of these elements in this particular protein powder. If you happened to try the LE Mocha cereal late last year, I feel this is very reminiscent of the left over cereal milk with a tad bit stronger coffee flavor.
The coffee isn’t overpowering at all but just enough to know what they were going for.

The crisps were an awesome touch on all the samples received. They are light and crunchy and unlike pretty much every other protein powder mix ins other companies use, these stay floating at the top which is nice

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These reviews are really great, guys. Thanks for taking the time!

...And thanks for making me even more anxious to get my hands on this protein haha.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
https://youtu.be/oJy3OFU0x4o
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups: 8/10
Out of the bunch, this was my least favorite. With that being said, it still fairly good. It wasn’t heavy on the chocolate or PB aspect of what I would expect of a well done peanut butter cup but it was somewhere in between. Personally, I would enjoy a protein with a bit heavier PB flavor but I could see people really liking this.

And out of all the samples, this was the only one without crisps in it. All in all still a solid protein.
Try adding some powdered, de-fatted peanut butter to the shaker when you get some more. A favourite little trick of mine ��

And I know that some folks like to add a spoon or two of peanut butter to their shakes. Fruit(y pebbles) for thought

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
These reviews are really great, guys. Thanks for taking the time!

...And thanks for making me even more anxious to get my hands on this protein haha.
Same and I’m anxious to get some kingslayer and tr1umph too lol. This Christmas Santa’s gonna be dropping me a big box from OL ������

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you for the vid reviews money0351

primolift00

Awards
  • Established
https://youtu.be/QiepEPdydPE

Fruity Cereal: 10/10
Hands down my favorite of the bunch. I’ve been on a fruity kick as of late and I totally see this as a staple for the future. I absolutely love fruity pebbles and this delivered with both taste and crunchies. Not absurdly sweet by just enough to get that post pebble cereal milk goodness.

Like all the other samples, my personal preference is to have a tad bit thicker protein to drink but these tastes so good that I don’t really have any qualms. Maybe next time I’ll reduce the amount of liquid from 6 to 4 oz for a thicker consistency. All in all, a solid and much welcomed flavor
Will be ordering as soon as this is available, any updates?