Old School Amino Tabs…..

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I remember my father swallowing handfuls of amino tabs back in the 80s and 90’s…… I used to laugh at all the old guys taking amino tabs…..

But now that I’m old, I’m thinking that if I had a pill box filled with them in my pocket I could take 2-3 grams of aminos every 2-3 hours and maybe get some real benefit. So has anyone try this? It should help right? They are pretty damn cheap.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Help with what exactly? As long as you are getting enough protein you should be golden. Also, most of those amino products are just protein powder in tab or cap form.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Maybe desiccated liver tabs? Similar concept. Universal has had desiccated liver tabs forever. 250 tabs with 3g protein per two tabs. Plus micronutrients for $25. Just like every other company, comes from grass fed Argentine cattle. Just ordered a bottle for the first time. Figured some extra protein and nutrients can’t hurt

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Help with what exactly? As long as you are getting enough protein you should be golden. Also, most of those amino products are just protein powder in tab or cap form.
The idea would be to keep my amino blood levels constant all day.....

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Maybe desiccated liver tabs? Similar concept. Universal has had desiccated liver tabs forever. 250 tabs with 3g protein per two tabs. Plus micronutrients for $25. Just like every other company, comes from grass fed Argentine cattle. Just ordered a bottle for the first time. Figured some extra protein and nutrients can’t hurt
I ordered a 400 tablet bottle of Universal 100%Beef Aminos for 25 bucks the other day (hence my post here)....... But I like your idea too...... Plus the Uni-Liver ones you have are 1500mgs of protein per tab instead of 1 gram per tab in the ones I ordered.... I will def upgrade to the liver tabs next time.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Desiccated liver tabs

I took a lot of these back in the early 80's !! and "Pre Digested Amino Acids" what ever they were ?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If your eating 5-6 meals a day you always have amino acids in your bloodstream, but you do realize you could just put a scoop or 2 of eaa's in your water bottle instead of walking around popin pills all day.

Either way, it's not going to make any significant difference in anything unless maybe your someone who only eats 1 or 2 times a day. Then I could see it having some benefits in-between meals, still less benefits then just eating more frequently tho

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If your eating 5-6 meals a day you always have amino acids in your bloodstream, but you do realize you could just put a scoop or 2 of eaa's in your water bottle instead of walking around popin pills all day.

Either way, it's not going to make any significant difference in anything unless maybe your someone who only eats 1 or 2 times a day. Then I could see it having some benefits in-between meals, still less benefits then just eating more frequently tho
I am just getting back to a very low calorie diet so I can hit 8% BF....... So yeah I figure I will pop these things all day between my measly meals.

Stopstalking2

Stopstalking2

Awards
I actually felt like these worked very well for me.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am just getting back to a very low calorie diet so I can hit 8% BF....... So yeah I figure I will pop these things all day between my measly meals.
Just remember something, aminos still give you a insulin spike, if your goal is loosing fat you what your glucose levels low and stable, not spiking 10 times a day

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I actually felt like these worked very well for me.
Others in the past seemed to give me a nice boost. I know that it’s the fad now but liver is very healthy but I just hate eating it. I know liver tabs aren’t as good as the real thing but they are at least cold processed and have some good nutrients. Better than no liver I assume and if I get some extra protein from it as well so be it

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_3356.JPG
IMG_3361.JPG
IMG_3360.JPG
IMG_3362.JPG

Gonna try and add this to my stack next month for breakfast supp.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can't hurt ??

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don’t want to constantly keep amino levels elevated all day, you want them to dip some to maximize protein synthesthis during your next meal

But I have a tub of amino tabs that I find useful when…you have a meal that may not be as high in protein…example, you are in a rush, throw something together that’s 15-20g of protein…take some tabs with your meal to in theory maximize the protein synthesis