Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just the amount in focus XT made me a bit loopy. It was a first for me for 3 of the ingredients. Another reason to cut down 1/2 serving. I've got a sinus infection/head aches too so coupling that with alcar issues.... bad day haha!

I was really pleased that it didn't make me jittery or anything. I think taking the focus XT with food also helped. I have found that I have to take almost EVERYTHING with food otherwise i become ill in some fashion from it.

I'm trying to get a bit better grocery list than usual... what are some suggestions (not for bodybuilding... just to get a well rounded grocery list health wise).

I generally per week get about 7 bananas, 1 lbs of Rotissere Chicken, Pasta, soups, big bag of frozen veggies, beans. I think I have been getting sick lately because of my crap diet. I'm not eating enough because of stress and when I do it is generally not well balanced meals.
what sucks is the stuff that is good for you is the stuff that is expensive. if i were to buy nothing but junk my grocery bill would be cut by 75%, it's probably better in texas than indiana though.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
what sucks is the stuff that is good for you is the stuff that is expensive. if i were to buy nothing but junk my grocery bill would be cut by 75%, it's probably better in texas than indiana though.
yeah man, I know this sounds rediculous... but I have been able to budget myself to $20-25 every 1.5 weeks thus far. As a result all I eat is various beans, 2 for $1 white HEB brand mac & cheese, banana, toasted chicken sandwhichs, and ramen. It's a terrible diet health wise.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah man, I know this sounds rediculous... but I have been able to budget myself to $20-25 every 1.5 weeks thus far. As a result all I eat is various beans, 2 for $1 white HEB brand mac & cheese, banana, toasted chicken sandwhichs, and ramen. It's a terrible diet health wise.
get a bunch of tuna.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Should I expect the piracetam or ginkgo to do this as well?
I am new to piracetam and my first dose went through very nice, the only thing that caught me of guard was the taste, but other than that, no digestive problems of any kind. But oh my, this **** is awesome, I hope you get good results, I am loving this stuff!

As for ginkgo, I actually found that if I took it on an empty stomach, I would get pretty annoying discomfort but it was easily fixed by eating something or anything. So on an empty stomach it was a no-no, at least for me, but is easily fixed.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I am new to piracetam and my first dose went through very nice, the only thing that caught me of guard was the taste, but other than that, no digestive problems of any kind. But oh my, this **** is awesome, I hope you get good results, I am loving this stuff!

As for ginkgo, I actually found that if I took it on an empty stomach, I would get pretty annoying discomfort but it was easily fixed by eating something or anything. So on an empty stomach it was a no-no, at least for me, but is easily fixed.
can you go into more detail why you enjoy the piracetam? What does it taste like? I really am hoping I can tell the difference. It's not due to arrive till the 27th, which just so happened to be the day i was trying to get it to study for!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how about looking for who has split chicken breasts with bone + skin on sale? you should if you have more than a couple grocery stores nearby have one that has those on sale for under $1.50/lb, sometimes under a dollar. buy 5-8lbs, bake em, shred the meat after baking.

at health food stores quinoa is around $2.50lb, so more than rice, but also has complete protein in it, and is a nice complex carb as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
how about looking for who has split chicken breasts with bone + skin on sale? you should if you have more than a couple grocery stores nearby have one that has those on sale for under $1.50/lb, sometimes under a dollar. buy 5-8lbs, bake em, shred the meat after baking.

at health food stores quinoa is around $2.50lb, so more than rice, but also has complete protein in it, and is a nice complex carb as well.
what the hell is quinoa? i eat rice all the time-carry over from days of eating it 3-5x every single day living in the philipines. btw-in the philipines you buy your rice in 100 pound burlap bags, lol.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
quinoa is an aztec grain :) it almost disappeared from the planet, was rediscovered in the 1930s growing in one of the plains cities ruins. its sort of rice-like but its nutrition profile is great for a grain

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/10352/2

pronounced keenwa in case you go into a store and ask for it.
One of the highest protein plants known. Something like 10% protein. Soy is unfashionable 'cause it might mess up test.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
glad you said how to pronounce it, i would never have gotten that right.
I got it wrong at first too :D but the unbathed hippies at the health food store corrected me nicely

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
alright got back from the store and spent a bit more than usual
1 whole rotissere chicken, beans, big bag of raisin bran, hamburger helper, 2lbs of extra lean beef, bananas, 4 ribeyes... I can't think of what else.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got it wrong at first too :D but the unbathed hippies at the health food store corrected me nicely
don't you hate that, lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
alright got back from the store and spent a bit more than usual
1 whole rotissere chicken, beans, big bag of raisin bran, hamburger helper, 2lbs of extra lean beef, bananas, 4 ribeyes... I can't think of what else.
man, i am going to try that quinoa. easy is cutting edge on stuff like that.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
don't you hate that, lol.
:D not when its the chicks, cause some of them are hot ;)

Another idea to save on food $ is to go to walmart and buy the 5lb tube of the 70/30 beef, brown the whole thing at once and throw it into a colander, then boil some water and pour it over. you end up with about 4lbs of the equivalent of 93/7 or 96/4 beef, but for under $10, instead of $4/lb like that stuff normally is

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man, i am going to try that quinoa. easy is cutting edge on stuff like that.
its freaking aztek stuff, its not cutting edge its more like 1200 AD ;) Cook it just like it was rice, if you have a rice maker it works perfect, 1 cup of quinoa, 2 cups water. it has a bit nuttier of a taste than rice. I like to throw in a packet of goya sazon or something like that to flavor it a bit.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
its freaking aztek stuff, its not cutting edge its more like 1200 AD ;) Cook it just like it was rice, if you have a rice maker it works perfect, 1 cup of quinoa, 2 cups water. it has a bit nuttier of a taste than rice. I like to throw in a packet of goya sazon or something like that to flavor it a bit.
alright smart asss, i give you a compliment and you punk me, lol. i am going to give it a try. the coconut oil was a good idea- i am sure you didn't invent that either, lol.:cheers:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, i'm just constantly trying to figure out how to eat clean and have it be enjoyable and also not totally wreck my budget. Sure I make good money but with 3 kids with 1 in full time daycare, plus bigass house in a gated community, car payments, credit cards, etc I try and clip $ out where I can. always salmon and tilapia in the freezer tho :D walmart had some wild salmon fillet pieces individually vacuum packed in 4oz pieces @ $4lb so I bought a pile. Thank god for a 18 cubic foot freezer in my garage :D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah, i'm just constantly trying to figure out how to eat clean and have it be enjoyable and also not totally wreck my budget. Sure I make good money but with 3 kids with 1 in full time daycare, plus bigass house in a gated community, car payments, credit cards, etc I try and clip $ out where I can. always salmon and tilapia in the freezer tho :D walmart had some wild salmon fillet pieces individually vacuum packed in 4oz pieces @ $4lb so I bought a pile. Thank god for a 18 cubic foot freezer in my garage :D
i was on jury duty with a guy who worked in a butcher shop. we were talking, and he told me that the steak they have marked down is not only ok, but it actually tastes better. wouldn't want to keep it very long, but we get some great deals on steak that is a little brown-no one has died and it tastes just as good or better than full price. i buy it, take it home and throw it on the grill.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I second the quinoa.......great stuff. I like it better than brown rice.
sold, i will be trying it. better get you some tex.:cheers:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah I'll have to look for it next week when i go to the store. Man my stupid grill was not working so I just had to pan cook my ribeye. it came out tasting like freakin hamburger, lame.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah I'll have to look for it next week when i go to the store. Man my stupid grill was not working so I just had to pan cook my ribeye. it came out tasting like freakin hamburger, lame.
hahaha, that sucks.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love it when you have it cooked half way and then it runs out of gas...
Quinoa is a different taste. It is almost like seed pods or something. Great stuff!!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Woo big updates! My Choline, Ginkgo biloba, and Piracetam all arrived today! I was really hoping to get them so i could USE them for today, but oh well. My exam went terrible.

The piracetam is the new nutraplanet black series and it is extremely nice looking! I gott 700 grams to it is going to last me a long long time! The powder is kind of clumpy though.

The ginkgo biloba is an extremely fine powder with a strong taste similar to tea

and My choline is only 100 grams, so it won't last very long.

Which should I start using first and in what dosing scheme?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE 3

Ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo has many alleged nootropic properties, and is mainly used as memory[25] and concentration enhancer, and anti-vertigo agent. However, studies differ about its efficacy. The largest and longest independent clinical trial to assess ginkgo biloba’s ability to prevent memory loss has found that the supplement does not prevent or delay dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.[26] Some controversy has arisen over the conclusions drawn by some studies that were allegedly funded by a firm which marketed Ginkgo

Dosing
1/4 teaspoon ~60mg

Notes
I parachuted 60mg and chased with water. It took about 15-30 minutes to feel effects and I felt a definite tunnel vision. As far as memory and stuff... no updates on those yet. I really would like to continue use of this everyday along side piracetam/choline.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
UPDATE 3

Ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo has many alleged nootropic properties, and is mainly used as memory[25] and concentration enhancer, and anti-vertigo agent. However, studies differ about its efficacy. The largest and longest independent clinical trial to assess ginkgo biloba’s ability to prevent memory loss has found that the supplement does not prevent or delay dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.[26] Some controversy has arisen over the conclusions drawn by some studies that were allegedly funded by a firm which marketed Ginkgo

Dosing
1/4 teaspoon ~60mg

Notes
Will update later. I am going to study for about an hour and half then going to see paranormal activity.
sorry bout the test. hey, there is a article about ginko and prolactin in the articles section.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
sorry bout the test. hey, there is a article about ginko and prolactin in the articles section.
I will check it out later tonight. It's ok, my law professor is very situational with questions.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I will check it out later tonight. It's ok, my law professor is very situational with questions.
i like law because of all the grey areas. i majored in accounting and hated it.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Which should I start using first and in what dosing scheme?
I think Choline should be taken along with Piracetam,
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe piracetam increases cholinergic activity, hence the need for more choline. So basically, piracetam makes your brain burn through more choline, so you should add in a choline supplement to add more.
yes without it you'll get depleted.
As for dosing, I think these seem fine, at least that is what I have been following,
3 grams of Piracetam - twice a day, morning/night
~300mg of Choline - one dose in the morning

I am not too sure about the dosing of Ginkgo though, I think ~100mg should be fine.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i like law because of all the grey areas. i majored in accounting and hated it.
I am a finance major, but we have to take a few law classes

I think Choline should be taken along with Piracetam,

As for dosing, I think these seem fine, at least that is what I have been following,
3 grams of Piracetam - twice a day, morning/night
~300mg of Choline - one dose in the morning

I am not too sure about the dosing of Ginkgo though, I think ~100mg should be fine.
60mg of Ginkgo biloba worked good for me. I had tunnel vision similar to rx drugs, but it may have been first time placebo.

Is it ok to continue ginkgo biloba with the piracetam/choline?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Update 4
Ginkgo Biloba- 60mg
Piracetam- 1500mg

Notes
I really like the way ginkgo makes me feel. It gives me a nice mental clarity and tunnel vision to study and stay focused with ZERO stim effect like adderall does. However, today was the first day I have tried piracetam and I used a low dose (1500mg), I did not like the way this made me feel at all. A nervous feeling came over me and I began to sweat a bit. Is this normal for the first time?

I really need to start capping this stuff. It all tastes terrible.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Update 4
Ginkgo Biloba- 60mg
Piracetam- 1500mg

Notes
I really like the way ginkgo makes me feel. It gives me a nice mental clarity and tunnel vision to study and stay focused with ZERO stim effect like adderall does. However, today was the first day I have tried piracetam and I used a low dose (1500mg), I did not like the way this made me feel at all. A nervous feeling came over me and I began to sweat a bit. Is this normal for the first time?

I really need to start capping this stuff. It all tastes terrible.
a capping kit is your best friend when dealing with bulk powders- yuck. make sure you have a bottle of listerine to get that rank taste out of your mouth.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
a capping kit is your best friend when dealing with bulk powders- yuck. make sure you have a bottle of listerine to get that rank taste out of your mouth.
is the nervous and sudden increased perspiration normal from piracetam? It was weird... definitely something I don't get from ginkgo. Ginkgo also gives me a noticeable effect within half hour, piracetam I got nothing besides the noted sides.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
is the nervous and sudden increased perspiration normal from piracetam? It was weird... definitely something I don't get from ginkgo. Ginkgo also gives me a noticeable effect within half hour, piracetam I got nothing besides the noted sides.
could be you have sensitivity to it. lower dose way down, and take with the choline. maybe you will have to separate ginkgo and the tam. you may be adding too many things at one time, give yourself adjustment time.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Edit: ^What he said. :D

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Vinpocetine, brotato.

I'm supposed to log Lucidrol soon, I'll update here when I get it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Vinpocetine, brotato.

I'm supposed to log Lucidrol soon, I'll update here when I get it.
lucidrol-sounds like spawn of satan, lol. what can i say it's close to halloween.:saroll:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lucidrol - from the Latin, 'roids of Satan. :D

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I've not been following the thread. Glad to see Gingko is doing its job. Lets hope you don't get tolerance.

Piracetam - it is supposed to be non-toxic but thats a bad reaction. It does vary whether it will work or not. Try altering the balance of choline against it - if nothing happens I'd quit it. It has very variable results some people do amazing on it, for others it does nothing and for others the sides are a bit dangerous. It ain't supposed to have any stim sides but can have a stim like effect on the brain - if you respond to it.

If the sides don't go away I'd quit it.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I took piracetam and ginkgo very close together. I also didn't take any choline because choline and piracetam taste terrible just pouring in the mouth as I have been doing.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I took piracetam and ginkgo very close together. I also didn't take any choline because choline and piracetam taste terrible just pouring in the mouth as I have been doing.
bulk 1 carboxy tastes horrible, but mix up a small strong batch of crystal light and add it to it and it's much more tolerable. same might work for your bulks.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Update 5
60mg Ginkgo Biloba

ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo by far is currently my favorite. I am planning to go and try to buy some caps today to cap the choline and piracetam so it is more pleasant to dose.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Update 5
60mg Ginkgo Biloba

ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo by far is currently my favorite. I am planning to go and try to buy some caps today to cap the choline and piracetam so it is more pleasant to dose.
did you read the thread about gingko lowering prolactin? i remember you had issues with it from a certain product you ran.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
did you read the thread about gingko lowering prolactin? i remember you had issues with it from a certain product you ran.
yup, my prolactin issues are long gone though. It was mass fx that did it to me a long time ago.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yup, my prolactin issues are long gone though. It was mass fx that did it to me a long time ago.
anabolic extreme is a mess, lol. glad you got it taken care of.:cheers: