Nootropic testing- testers needed.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
First dose @ 0900. Followed shortly by my usual 0930 coffee.
brundel , what's the suggested spacing between doses?

My plan was to take a little before my coffees at 9:00 and 1:00. Enough time between, or should I space out more?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Are we each running separate logs, or are we posting everything here.

I apparently really need this, cause I'm already confused
Post #38 states this will be a log for all of us. Dont let cjnator confuse you lol. Im sure brundel wont mind if we want to run an individual log though.
Welp....that made me feel not so smart...

Human Benchmark
Number memory: 10 digits, 69%
Reaction Time: 239 ms
Verbal Memory: 22 points
Visual Memory: level 7, score 2698

MemTrax: 90%, mean reaction time 0.827 seconds

Psychology Today: 74

Iqtest: 101

I think I'm in the wrong forum...I thought we were going to be testing each other's mammories!

Went ahead and took my tests this evening.

MemTrax test - 92% correct .865 seconds Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark tests - 1957 points in Visual Memory / 41 on Verbal Memory / Reaction Time of 325.0ms / 11 on Number Memory
Psychology Today Memory Test - 81
IQ Test - 105

FYI, The IQ test seemed to give me the most issues. It definitely wasn't what I was anticipating it to be. And is it wrong that there is a certain competitive part of me that wants to take it again just to smash my previous scores? And another smart*ss derailer part of me that just wants to make a Forrest Gump joke right now. (Sorry, but there it is)
ok,

apparently we are the best candidates for this product because none of know what the F to do even though the instructions were given, I think!

if this testing was done during the summer time, we would be candidates for the next Dazed and Confused Movie

"Still Dazed and More Fycking Confused than ever"

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
ok,

apparently we are the best candidates for this product because none of know what the F to do even though the instructions were given, I think!

if this testing was done during the summer time, we would be candidates for the next Dazed and Confused Movie

I had trouble following the link to the iq test! No joke...

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ok,

So now I'm not only part of the Derailers, but also part of the D&FC (dazed and F'n Confused) crew. My resume is getting pretty impressive

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And had my first dose this at 09:00 after the gym. I will probably take the second of the day around 18:00ish. Will probably follow that dosing protocol for the duration, unless I'm told differently.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So happy I'm following this instead of participating. It is comic gold and saves me from revealing I have to edit my posts constantly because I'm not only dyslexic I do things backwards at times!

Sits back with popcorn.

No more justhere4commus-interuptous.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So happy I'm following this instead of participating. It is comic gold and saves me from revealing I have to edit my posts constantly because I'm not only dyslexic I do things backwards at times!

Sits back with popcorn.

No more justhere4commus-interuptous.
I see you saving a lot of posts, to be used at a later date.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
please don't encourage the man,

lol
I don't mean to derail this in any way... (giggle) but too late.

Encouragement accepted.

Top Gun Moment. --
Gentlemen, Good Luck gentlemen.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are we each running separate logs, or are we posting everything here.

I apparently really need this, cause I'm already confused
I totally dont mind you guys running solo logs in addition to this but because this is a sort of case study we want to keep the information in one place.
This will allow us to talk about whats happening, effects, etc and have everyone in the study present and able to comment and participate.
I plan on doing this with our new products as we are finalizing them. It allows you guys to be involved, gives me a testing forum and lets the community see a bit of the testing process.

So lets post here.
A solo log is also fine as long as it is in addition to this.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Went ahead and took my tests this evening.

MemTrax test - 92% correct .865 seconds Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark tests - 1957 points in Visual Memory / 41 on Verbal Memory / Reaction Time of 325.0ms / 11 on Number Memory
Psychology Today Memory Test - 81
IQ Test - 105

FYI, The IQ test seemed to give me the most issues. It definitely wasn't what I was anticipating it to be. And is it wrong that there is a certain competitive part of me that wants to take it again just to smash my previous scores? And another smart*ss derailer part of me that just wants to make a Forrest Gump joke right now. (Sorry, but there it is)
I want to mention again that the IQ test is not a legit test of your IQ. It needs to be MUCH more intricate and complex so dont fret if you get a score your not happy with. The tests are just to give us a baseline of how your brain is scoring on these specific tests.

Everything looks good bro. Thanks for posting. Gonna log this and we will see how the supplement effects things.

CJNator

Awards
Forgot to post here too lol

Human Benchmark-
Number Memory-You scored 7. You're currently in the top 18 percentile for this test!
Reaction Time-You scored 309.0. You're currently in the top 32 percentile for this test!
Verbal Memory-You're currently in the top 17 percentile for this test!
Visual Memory-You scored 5631. You're currently in the top 21 percentile for this test!

Metrax- Mean Reaction Time: 0.979 seconds

Psychology Today- I got 50

IQ Test- 100 IQ(this was so hard in the middle)

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First dose @ 0900. Followed shortly by my usual 0930 coffee.
brundel , what's the suggested spacing between doses?

My plan was to take a little before my coffees at 9:00 and 1:00. Enough time between, or should I space out more?
The caffeine level is low @50mg per capsule.
For example a large drip coffee from starbucks is 450mg. http://www.caffeineinformer.com/the-complete-guide-to-starbucks-caffeine

Try to space it out more if possible. The doses of some of the ingredients are relatively high. So 1 cap should work for a while. Id try to push it forward a bit on the second dose if you can.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pre "Treatment" Test Results:

1. Human Benchmark Tests
a. Number Memory: Level 9 (50%)
b. Reaction Time: Avg - 358 ms (19%)
c. Verbal Memory: 44 points (70%)
d. Visual Memory: Level 8, 8799 points (41%)
2. Mem Trax Test: 92% correct - 0.856 mean reaction time
3. Psychology Today Memory Test: 73
4. General IQ Test: 108 -> finished with approximately 9 minutes left (out of 40).

*Total Time elapsed: 57 minutes (11:15 AM to 12:12 PM)
*Started testing 30 minutes after eating my usual breakfast of 4 eggs, 1oz pepperjack, and 1 8oz cup of coffee (~100mg of caffeine).
*No other supplements beforehand.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Forgot to post here too lol

Human Benchmark- You scored 8206. You're currently in the top 37 percentile for this test!

Metrax- Mean Reaction Time: 0.979 seconds

Psychology Today- I got 50

IQ Test- 100 IQ(this was so hard in the middle)
Awesome! I love seeing these results coming in. Data Data Data.

For the Human benchmark there are 4 memory tests.
Number
Reaction
Verbal
Visual
Did you take all 4? Did you record the results of these or was it the total?

CJNator

Awards
Awesome! I love seeing these results coming in. Data Data Data.

For the Human benchmark there are 4 memory tests.
Number
Reaction
Verbal
Visual
Did you take all 4? Did you record the results of these or was it the total?
That was the total, I assumed that was the only one needed but I'll redo it tomorrow before the 1st dose to update my results.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Couple hours after first dose I noticed a slight increase in pressure (?) along the upper side of my head on both sides. Not painful or even unpleasant, just a different feeling. This has stayed steady for the last 2 1/2 hours.
Also, was going through blueprints for an upcoming project, double checking some items and realized I had made a mistake on something Monday. Kind of weird, it just popped into my head.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That was the total, I assumed that was the only one needed but I'll redo it tomorrow before the 1st dose to update my results.
I forgot how the test go. The more data the better though so we can compare!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Couple hours after first dose I noticed a slight increase in pressure (?) along the upper side of my head on both sides. Not painful or even unpleasant, just a different feeling. This has stayed steady for the last 2 1/2 hours.
Also, was going through blueprints for an upcoming project, double checking some items and realized I had made a mistake on something Monday. Kind of weird, it just popped into my head.
So there are more than 1 component that should increase memory, learning, recall speed, and in one study overall IQ scores.
I dont believe everything I read on the internet so....we are testing it to see ;)
I do expect some changes though. If we can, through testing this combination product, prove that we can take a pill that increases our IQ it would be pretty amazing. Especially considering there are no grey area noots or prescription drugs masked as supplements involved. All plant or animal based extracts.

I appreciate you guys being involved. Lets see where it goes!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So there are more than 1 component that should increase memory, learning, recall speed, and in one study overall IQ scores.
I dont believe everything I read on the internet so....we are testing it to see ;)
I do expect some changes though. If we can, through testing this combination product, prove that we can take a pill that increases our IQ it would be pretty amazing. Especially considering there are no grey area noots or prescription drugs masked as supplements involved. All plant or animal based extracts.

I appreciate you guys being involved. Lets see where it goes!
I am actually more interested in the possibility of taking a pill to repair brain function, specifically dementia/alzheimer's type of issues. I'm not suggesting that's what this is for, just what I would like to see at some point. I witnessed my Dad go through that process and it is a horrible disease that needs to be eradicated.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I am actually more interested in the possibility of taking a pill to repair brain function, specifically dementia/alzheimer's type of issues. I'm not suggesting that's what this is for, just what I would like to see at some point. I witnessed my Dad go through that process and it is a horrible disease that needs to be eradicated.[/QUOTE

sorry to hear that bro and I cant imagine anyone having to witness that or be the one it is affecting. it is a terrible disease, getting old is hard enough, not being able to remember your loved ones or friends, just isn't fair.

agree with you on this

CJNator

Awards
I am actually more interested in the possibility of taking a pill to repair brain function, specifically dementia/alzheimer's type of issues. I'm not suggesting that's what this is for, just what I would like to see at some point. I witnessed my Dad go through that process and it is a horrible disease that needs to be eradicated.
Depending on where you are I believe you can get medical marijuana for Alzheimer's patients.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At least 3 of the ingredients show promise with regards to alzheimer's.
Im not gonna show my hand yet, meaning, Im not gonna explain why for multiple reasons. But the doses are comparable to the highest used in studies and I do expect some changes and I do expect this would help reduce the chances.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also wanted to mention....
If this stuff works super well great. If it doesnt Ill continue to alter and remove/add ingredients until it does.
I wont, however, release it until I prove it works.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
At least 3 of the ingredients show promise with regards to alzheimer's.
Im not gonna show my hand yet, meaning, Im not gonna explain why for multiple reasons. But the doses are comparable to the highest used in studies and I do expect some changes and I do expect this would help reduce the chances.
im glad you aren't and please don't- if you do, let me know prior because this is a good old fashion blind test we have here. the less we know and more feedback the better it will be for everyone. unless at some point you want to pm these guys whats in it, by all means, I prefer it this way.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im glad you aren't and please don't- if you do, let me know prior because this is a good old fashion blind test we have here. the less we know and more feedback the better it will be for everyone. unless at some point you want to pm these guys whats in it, by all means, I prefer it this way.
This^^^^^ I think your reputation speaks for itself. I have no concern with the safety of the ingredients, and prefer it to be a completely "blind" test.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont know if you mentioned this brundel, but would you recommend dosing with food?

I took my first cap fasted, about an hour and 15 mins ago at this point and had some slight gi distress (30 mins after dosing - mild nausea for 5-10 minutes which then subsided. An hour after dosing - sudden urge to have a BM which wasnt full on diarrhea but definitely softer than normal).

(sorry if that's TMI for some people lol). I feel I should note all effects, even if not cognitive.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I dont know if you mentioned this brundel, but would you recommend dosing with food?

I took my first cap fasted, about an hour and 15 mins ago at this point and had some slight gi distress (30 mins after dosing - mild nausea for 5-10 minutes which then subsided. An hour after dosing - sudden urge to have a BM which wasnt full on diarrhea but definitely softer than normal).

(sorry if that's TMI for some people lol). I feel I should note all effects, even if not cognitive.
that is def good feed back- i always like to take supps with a little something- hope you doing better

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
that is def good feed back- i always like to take supps with a little something- hope you doing better
Yeah after I pood I'm feeling just fine. Also finally made myself a chicken salad so I'm sure I'll be good to go. Ill take my next cap later this evening around food and see how it goes.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Yeah after I pood I'm feeling just fine. Also finally made myself a chicken salad so I'm sure I'll be good to go. Ill take my next cap later this evening around food and see how it goes.
keep us updated, starting mine tomorrow

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is great to follow. I don't think anyone has had such a privilege to whiteness a study like this live.

Kudos to Brundel and all you lab rats. :D
-

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I didnt say because i honestly dont know which is better yet.
The nausea i think is possibly from one of the ingredients or might be from a large increase in dopamine. (Expected)
Ldopa for example, another dopamine increasing compound can cause pretty severe nausea and vomiting for me. I feel fantastic then nauseated.
Lets see what the other guys say.
For now try the next dose sith some food.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh and please mention any and all effect or side effect. Part of the testing process.
Good or bad its data that allows me to know if we need to increase, decrease or remove ingredients. The test results will let us know if the stuff is working well.

Also note if you notice a difference while reading or conversation or social interaction etc as these are often noted effects of some noots.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Dosed both fasted today. No gastro distress. A little hungrier than usual, but was stuck in a meeting through my usual first lunch (second breakfast?).

Felt great. Talkative and positive. Maybe slightly more than usual.

CJNator

Awards
I noticed today I had very slightly better memory, nothing crazy and I was possibly feeling more euphoric. Tomorrow I'll have better insight since it's a off day and I won't be taking any preworkout.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here i am about 2.5 hrs after my second dose of the day and Ive had 0 gi issues with this one. I did take it right after finishing dinner this time.

Havent really noticed any acute cognitive benefits today. I havent really been in any social situations where i could notice anything there. I'll keep monitoring on all fronts.

I might try without food again tomorrow just to see if the symptoms repeat, havent decided yet.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had the same feeling of "pressure" with the second dose. Again, nothing uncomfortable, just that feeling of awareness maybe, in a diagonal line running towards the top of my head. I had no GI with either dose, both taken on an empty stomach. Dosed at 09:00 and again at 17:30, and will probably maintain that timing.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
No issues sleeping. Tracking showed usual sleep pattern.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No drastic changes for day 2. Slight feeling of being more aware of color patterns in items on store shelves. Had some pretty vivid dreams last night, not sure if that has anything to do with this or not. Will see if it continues. Still feeling that same "pressure" for 2 - 3 hours after dosing.

CJNator

Awards
I noticed It's easier to comprehend information, I feel more confident and sociable. I still feel somewhat euphoric but not energized.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Nothing notable for me today. Feeling good. Lot of reading and writing at work. Felt pretty much as dumb as usual...maybe slightly less dumb. Maybe.

CJNator

Awards
I'm loving this supplement, I've never really felt straight nootropics like noopept and the others aren't like this. I don't like how stimulates are somewhat needed to feel or enhance the feeling but my preworkout definitely enhanced it. I took the 2nd one early so I didn't forget to later since I am on my way to go somewhere else for this weekend. I have a Halloween party this Saturday so I'll be seeing how this is mixed with alcohol .

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great work so far guys!
Alot of good information to go on and when this is done we will have a ton of data to use to determine how well the product really works.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think today is the first day I can say i am feeling something from this supp. I am usually somewhat awkward in conversation but today I just had a free flow of thoughts and no difficulty getting words out like I occasionally do. Thoughts were just flowing right to my tongue without any disconnect. And I was talking to someone that I typically am unable to carry a good conversation with.

I also think I feel a bit of euphoria and am generally just a bit more up beat all around.

I'll be in a big social situation tomorrow night so i'll be able to comment on the social interaction aspect a little more Sunday.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think today is the first day I can say i am feeling something from this supp. I am usually somewhat awkward in conversation but today I just had a free flow of thoughts and no difficulty getting words out like I occasionally do. Thoughts were just flowing right to my tongue without any disconnect. And I was talking to someone that I typically am unable to carry a good conversation with.

I also think I feel a bit of euphoria and am generally just a bit more up beat all around.

I'll be in a big social situation tomorrow night so i'll be able to comment on the social interaction aspect a little more Sunday.
Its interesting to hear more than one person mentioning euphoria.
In researching this product I discovered alot of ways in which we can augment our brains. They are very complex.
If we can achieve increased memory, recall speed, social interaction etc and also it makes you feel better overall with slight euphoria......i think thats a win. Cant wait to see how the second round test scores go.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Its interesting to hear more than one person mentioning euphoria.
In researching this product I discovered alot of ways in which we can augment our brains. They are very complex.
If we can achieve increased memory, recall speed, social interaction etc and also it makes you feel better overall with slight euphoria......i think thats a win. Cant wait to see how the second round test scores go.
I think I have an idea of this products ingredients lol.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I have an idea of this products ingredients lol.
I would be HIGHLY surprised if you were able to guess more than 1-2 ingredients. Obv there is caffeine so thats a gift/freebie. There are 2 other relatively common ingredients and 2 relatively unusual ones. The likely chance of guessing is very slim. But feel free to venture a guess and when its revealed at the end youll know if you were right ;)

At least one ingredient I would expect 0 members to have heard of ever. Maybe 2.

I also dont think this is structured the way you would expect. There is alot to discuss here but I have to remain quiet as we are testing and I dont want to put things in the testers heads. Other than the product of course ;)

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I would be HIGHLY surprised if you were able to guess more than 1-2 ingredients. Obv there is caffeine so thats a gift/freebie. There are 2 other relatively common ingredients and 2 relatively unusual ones. The likely chance of guessing is very slim. But feel free to venture a guess and when its revealed at the end youll know if you were right ;)

At least one ingredient I would expect 0 members to have heard of ever. Maybe 2.

I also dont think this is structured the way you would expect. There is alot to discuss here but I have to remain quiet as we are testing and I dont want to put things in the testers heads. Other than the product of course ;)
I've been in the research game for many years lol. Everything from the 2c's when they were new to thieno's to flouropiracetam.