No point in quitting, were all gonna die.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 23th 2022
HB squat & Deadlift training | week 4/12 session 1/2.

Lateral raises 2 X 15 X 33lbs
Cable tricep extension super set with Cable biceps curls 3 X 8/8 X "60"/"60"
Rope tricep extension super set with cable biceps curl 2 x 20/20 x "30"/"30"
High bar beltless squat 5 X 3 X 315lbs
Deadlift 4 X 5 X 365lbs
Thick & Wide grip pulldown 3x15 X "74"
Kettlebell swings 1 X 50 X 40lbs
Back extensions 2 X 20 X 88lbs
Leg extension 0-5-3 tempo 2 X 8 X "32"
Leg curls 0-5-3 tempo 2 X 8 X "24"
Calf raises w/10kg sandbag 1 X 100
Plank 2 sets, side plank 1 set, birdogs, light stretching
Cycling low intensity 5min

Good training session, weights took 90min and stretching+cardio took 20min.
Decreased deadlift volume by 1 set, it's not hard by any means but 5x5 twice per week is counter productive for my goal of reforming technique because it still builds fatigue (especially after hb beltless atg squats).
Took 20mg anavar pre training, first dose for weeks 4,5,6.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Something I didn’t learn til recently is that Anavar is uniquely similar to Tren, albeit weaker, in that it exerts an anti-catabolic effect aside from the typical anabolic signaling for increased protein synthesis. Which makes it, like Tren, especially useful for maintaining lean mass in your deficit.

So if you happen to increase the dosage (or if you are already using at least 2 pills/tabs), you could consider splitting your administrations into 2x day on days you’re in a deficit, due to Var’s half-life.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 23th 2022
Body weight, Diet & Sleep

5.5hr sleep
Morning weight 223.5lbs

Macros
4,000kcal, 160g protein

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 24th 2022

6hr sleep
Morning weight 221.5lbs

Macros
3,200kcal, 235g protein

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
solid depth. you squat 3 plates like I squat 2 lol I didn't realize how thick your arms and shoulders are from the other video I saw.
Thanks, 4 plates planned @ week 5 (thursday next week). Hopefully beltless but not sure.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 25th 2022
Upper body pump session - Wk 4/12

Cable t-bar row 30*66lbs, 20*88lbs
Machine chest press 2*20*88lbs
DB lateral raises 1*50*18lbs
45lbs plate front raises 2*12
KB side bend 1*15*44lbs

Light 10min workout to work on those things i don't work at my main workouts (chest and front delts).
Next week will be a more serious workout, 1st wk at university and Tuesdays and Wednesdays are heavy (8am till 7pm).
No cardio because i do a lot more walking daily (5km uphill with a heavy back pack 5 times a week).

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 25th 2022

5.5hr sleep
Morning weight 222.85lbs

Macros
1,950kcal, 170g protein

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 26th 2022

5.5hr sleep
Morning weight 221.95lbs

Macros
1,650kcal, 160g protein

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 27th 2022
HB squat & Deadlift training | week 4/12 session 2/2.

Lateral raises 3 X 15 X 33lbs
Rope tricep extension super set with cable biceps curl 2 x 25/25 x "30"/"30"
High bar beltless squat 4 X 2 X 335lbs
Deadlift 4 X 5 X 380lbs
Thick & Wide grip pulldown 3x15 X "80"
Back extensions 2 X 20 X 99lbs
Leg extension 0-5-3 tempo 2 X 8 X "40"
Leg curls 0-5-3 tempo 2 X 8 X "32"

Nice, 95min weights and 15min stretching/cardio.
felt a "pop" at DL's (3rd set, vid is of 4th).
Not a tear/strain more like a muscle with scar tissue that contracts, nothing concerning.
Have not used heating lotion as i do since week1 so its probably a smart move to use it always with no exception.
Next week will end the current mini cycle of rehab/volume training (5 weeks) with 450lbs Deadlift for volume and 405lbs HB beltless squat ATG. (Have not done volume since 2017 so it's feels miserable even with those light % lol) and then its the strength mini cycle (4 weeks) and a 3 week taper to wrap up a 12 weeks prep.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
October 27th 2022

Deadlift 4 X 5 X 380lbs

Not a tear/strain more like a muscle with scar tissue that contracts, nothing concerning.
Have not used heating lotion as i do since week1 so its probably a smart move to use it always with no exception.
Next week will end the current mini cycle of rehab/volume training (5 weeks) with 450lbs Deadlift for volume and 405lbs HB beltless squat ATG. (Have not done volume since 2017 so it's feels miserable even with those light % lol) and then its the strength mini cycle (4 weeks) and a 3 week taper to wrap up a 12 weeks prep.

Some of the other guys might disagree with me or be able to identify why I'm wrong but I'm seeing a couple things in your deadlift that are raising my ears. I went back to watch your other videos to try to get different angles.

your barbell is travelling a bit outside of it's plane due to the knees bending forward. on the pull, your knees are reaching lockout long before the lift is over and on the decent your knees are bending forward enough that the barbell, and all of the weight on it, is drifting out towards your toes.

this might, or might not, be a cause of discomfort AND it might be an adjustment your body has made post injury. But notice how Louie's knees and hips reach lockout at the same time and when we descends, the butt goes backwards, the knees stay where they are and the barbell doesn't travel forward towards toes:

you're a lot stronger than me and these are minor things I'm noticing, but they did catch my attention so take it for what it's worth (maybe nothing)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
70lb jump on hi bar will be hefty - don’t be a bitch, but make sure you pay attention to the warmups next time. Even 365 will be a ~10% load increase, & 50% more than this session’s increase, so train where you get the best effect to build your deadlift.

Pulls looking fast! Definitely a good speed weight right now for you.

your barbell is travelling a bit outside of it's plane due to the knees bending forward. on the pull, your knees are reaching lockout long before the lift is over and on the decent your knees are bending forward enough that the barbell, and all of the weight on it, is drifting out towards your toes.
I think both the knees being a tad forward at the start of the pull and any drift out on descent is largely a byproduct of his leg length/leverages combined with his current technique, which is probably (consciously or not) trying to take some of the stress off the posterior at the beginning of the pull and emphasize a bit more push from the legs.

I believe this style works just as well, at least for myself having had back injuries & rehabs, but the caveat is that it often creates this tendency to lock the knees early which forces the lifter to finish with the back extension secondarily. This will work fine up until nearly maximal loads, and then it leaves you in a poor position to finish a truly 100% lift because you don’t have the normal bar speed to make what’s normally an easy extension. So you end up in a poor position to lock the glutes out with next to no velocity to assist.

The answer is just technical: try to push the knees out from the start of the Legpress, and as soon as the bar begins to cross the knee the sole focus should be driving the glutes forward to push the hips to meet the bar. Creating this “wedge” is the key to syncing knee/hip timing for a better lockout potential, conventional or sumo.

Something I found helpful from Ed Coan, is that if you struggle with expressing the glutes earlier on, just turn your feet out a hair to increase their recruitment.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
70lb jump on hi bar will be hefty - don’t be a bitch, but make sure you pay attention to the warmups next time. Even 365 will be a ~10% load increase, & 50% more than this session’s increase, so train where you get the best effect to build your deadlift.

I think both the knees being a tad forward at the start of the pull and any drift out on descent is largely a byproduct of his leg length/leverages combined with his current technique, which is probably (consciously or not) trying to take some of the stress off the posterior at the beginning of the pull and emphasize a bit more push from the legs.

I believe this style works just as well, at least for myself having had back injuries & rehabs, but the caveat is that it often creates this tendency to lock the knees early which forces the lifter to finish with the back extension secondarily. This will work fine up until nearly maximal loads, and then it leaves you in a poor position to finish a truly 100% lift because you don’t have the normal bar speed to make what’s normally an easy extension. So you end up in a poor position to lock the glutes out with next to no velocity to assist.

The answer is just technical: try to push the knees out from the start of the Legpress, and as soon as the bar begins to cross the knee the sole focus should be driving the glutes forward to push the hips to meet the bar. Creating this “wedge” is the key to syncing knee/hip timing for a better lockout potential, conventional or sumo.

Something I found helpful from Ed Coan, is that if you struggle with expressing the glutes earlier on, just turn your feet out a hair to increase their recruitment.
I like how the bar stays close to the body from what I can tell even if it is forward. Where I get more concerned is when a heavy deadlift that is out over the toes also has lots of airspace between the bar and the shins. looking at more videos though it looks like at maximal weight shins were more upright and extension/lock out timed closer together in terms of knees and hips:

so that made me wonder if this form adjustment was maybe post injury...
I'm probably splitting hairs. I still like to watch myself squat occasionally to see things I'm f'ing up lol

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards

My best squat is 640lbs low bar, w/belt&wraps and a lot less ROM, hb beltless atg is just unfamiliar territory when it comes to that specific variation so i went extra light at the start (also because of the injury). Remember that i squat twice a week so 405 is in 2 workouts.
315x3x5 to 335x2x4 (small jump and drastic volume cut as an form of deload) to 2x2x365 and then 1x1x405lbs seems logical to me.

Form wise i tend to "fire" better at the "right timing" when the weights get to 80% (today is 55% from my 220lbs PR). + Plyometrics help me a lot but right now i dont see them as necessary so they are not in the first mini cycle.
So only in 2 weeks when i pull 1x1x495lbs (72%) i will really pay attention to form. Right now i only focus on getting things tighter at the start, closer stance/grip and to better my hook grip technique.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My best squat is 640lbs low bar, w/belt&wraps and a lot less ROM, hb beltless atg is just unfamiliar territory when it comes to that specific variation so i went extra light at the start (also because of the injury). Remember that i squat twice a week so 405 is in 2 workouts.
315x3x5 to 335x2x4 (small jump and drastic volume cut as an form of deload) to 2x2x365 and then 1x1x405lbs seems logical to me.

Form wise i tend to "fire" better at the "right timing" when the weights get to 80% (today is 55% from my 220lbs PR). + Plyometrics help me a lot but right now i dont see them as necessary so they are not in the first mini cycle.
So only in 2 weeks when i pull 1x1x495lbs (72%) i will really pay attention to form. Right now i only focus on getting things tighter at the start, closer stance/grip and to better my hook grip technique.
Ahhh yeah that’s right; in 2 sessions that will be fine (and if it’s not, 365 would warn you). Also, only taking it for a peak single is a lot easier to keep tight/safe for than the volume you’ve been doing.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 27th 2022

6hr sleep
Morning weight 219.85lbs

Macros
3,900kcal, 300g protein

300g protein, thats a PR :0
Also u4k on my "cheat / carb loading / high calorie" day is a new low. If ill maintain it the next couple of weeks it will be excellent.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 28th 2022

Bench press 4 x 245lbs
Pull ups b.w. 3x10
Hammer curls 2x12x50lbs
Rope tricep extension 1x50x33lbs
Treadmill 5min, incline 4, distance 0.5km

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
October 28th 2022

Bench press 4 x 245lbs
Pull ups b.w. 3x10
Hammer curls 2x12x50lbs
Rope tricep extension 1x50x33lbs
Treadmill 5min, incline 4, distance 0.5km
Now that’s a quickie right there!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
October 27th 2022

Deadlift 4 X 5 X 380lbs

Just wanted to add to this, that yesterday I walked into the gym feeling like ****, thinking it was overdue deload time. But once the music and pre-workout hit, I kept thinking about your rebuilding and I kept hearing @Hyde in my head saying don't be a pussy... broke through a 7year plateau on my own deads ;) keep up the good work man. it's inspiring to watch other succeed and grind.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just wanted to add to this, that yesterday I walked into the gym feeling like ****, thinking it was overdue deload time. But once the music and pre-workout hit, I kept thinking about your rebuilding and I kept hearing @Hyde in my head saying don't be a pussy... broke through a 7year plateau on my own deads ;) keep up the good work man. it's inspiring to watch other succeed and grind.
A rising tide lifts all boats!

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 28th 2022

6hr sleep
Morning weight 221.4lbs

Macros
2,650kcal, 140g protein

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 29th 2022

7.5hr sleep
Morning weight 220.85lbs

Macros
2,100kcal, 170g protein

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
Week 4/12 - Summary - training, diet and body weight.

Training

Feeling good and healthy, not much to say.
Weight got out of baby zone, upcoming week still considering "comfortable" and week 6 will be the first Speed single with 500~ to gauge how realistic 700 really is (im feeling like im on the right track).
Almost no cardio, walking uphill with 25lbs back pack for over 5km (total) to/back from uni and in campus. Every day.

Body Weight
Sunday 223.5lbs | Monday 221.5lbs | Tuesday 222.85lbs | Wednesday 221.95lbs | Thursday 219.85lbs | Friday 221.4lbs | Saturday 220.85lbs
Weekly Avg - 221.7lbs (-0.05lbs)
Lowest - 219.85lbs (+0.65lbs)

Ate less, moved (a lot more) and the weight stayed the same. Maybe the anavar has an effect or maybe i'm paying for last week eating.
We shall see next week.
My lats and quads grew A LOT so that's nice.

Total weekly calorie intake - 19,550kcal
Daliy avg - 2,800kcal

Last edited:
Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 30th 2022
HB squat & Deadlift training | week 5/12 session 1/2.

Lateral raises 2 X 25 X 22lbs, 2 X 15 X 33lbs
Cable tricep extension super set with Cable biceps curls 2 X 8/8 X "60"/"60", 1 X 6/6 X "75"/"75"
High bar beltless squat 2 X 2 X 365lbs
Deadlift 3 X 5 X 405lbs
Thick & Wide grip pulldown 3 X 15 X "90"
Back extensions 3 X 15 X 110lbs

Nice workout, 90min weights, 10 min stretching.
Weights felt good, 365lbs a good choice for 2x2 - probably around a true 5rm if done as an amrap.
405lbs was done without too much thinking and went faster the 380lbs (form already tighter even without actively thinking about it during the lift).
Nice pump, all accessories were just at the right weight/volume.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 30th 2022

5.5hr sleep
Morning weight 220.1lbs

Macros
4,250kcal, 350g protein

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great that 405 is feeling so effortless, exactly what you wanted to find when you got there.

For deadlifter’s arms, you got a solid bicep peak

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 31st 2022
Upper body pump session - Wk 5/12

Bench press 2 x 265lbs
Rev grip plate loaded pulldown 2x25x90lbs
Cable rope tricep extension 2x15x55lbs
Barbrell curls 1x30x35kg

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 31st 2022

5hr sleep
Morning weight 221.65lbs

Macros
2,800kcal, 160g protein

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
November 1st 2022

6hr sleep
Morning weight 219.85lbs

Macros
2,650kcal, 185g protein

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
November 2nd 2022

4hr sleep
Morning weight 219.0lbs

Macros
2,750kcal, 160g protein

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
November 3rd 2022
HB squat & Deadlift training | week 5/12 session 2/2.

Lateral raises 2 X 25 X 22lbs, 3 X 15 X 33lbs
Cable tricep extension super set with Cable biceps curls 3 X 6/6 X "75"/"75"
Rope tricep extension super set with cable biceps curl 3 x 25/25 x "30"/"30"
High bar beltless ATG squat 1 X 1 X 400lbs
Deadlift 3 X 3 X 472lbs
Thick & Wide grip pulldown 25*"48", 20*"72", 15*"96"
Back extensions 3 X 15 X 121lbs
Leg extension 0-3-3 tempo 2 X 8 X "48"
Leg curls 0-3-3 tempo 2 X 8 X "40"

Nice, end of "rehab", big jumps ahead (4 weeks to get to 650lbs).
90min weights, 5min stretching.
New BW low of 218lbs today.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
holy ****, fast jumps now. awesome lifts man
Yea, gonna start:
workout A as DE and workout B as ME every other week / speed rep every other week. So the next thursdays will be like this - wk6 1x1x505lbs, wk7 2-3 x 2-3 x 575lbs, wk8 1x1x505lbs, wk9 1 x 1 x 625-650 lbs (hopefully at Rpe8.5).
wks 10-12 reserved as "taper".
Fast jumps but not a foreign territory at all. Just need to be strong mentally and give it my all.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For the back extensions, are you using a 55 db or loaded barbell, and do you let them hang straight down from the floor or hold it on your upper back?

When will you incorporate a belt? 575?

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
For the back extensions, are you using a 55 db or loaded barbell, and do you let them hang straight down from the floor or hold it on your upper back?

When will you incorporate a belt? 575?
Deadlift always been beltless, even 20" block pulls @900lbs+.
I use DB's, start with a round back and squeeze my glutes - hold a sec and then extend my lower back. I like DB neutral grip better it activating the upper back a bit in a isometric way so it feels like a deadlift

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
November 3rd 2022

8hr sleep
Morning weight 218.3lbs

Macros
5,600 kcal, 350g protein

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
November 3rd 2022

8hr sleep
Morning weight 218.3lbs

Macros
5,600 kcal, 350g protein
So where’s all the protein coming from here? Looks like you’re pounding a bunch of steaks with those calories & protein.

Good job on the new low weight.

Also, I tried the dbs for some back extensions tonight and enjoyed it quite a bit

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
So where’s all the protein coming from here? Looks like you’re pounding a bunch of steaks with those calories & protein.

Good job on the new low weight.

Also, I tried the dbs for some back extensions tonight and enjoyed it quite a bit
2 protein shakes + 2 ready to drink protein coffee (thats usually what i get at the university) = 1,300kcal / 200g protein.

Had also whole pizza post workout and a double burger(400g meat) at dinner which results in another 130g protein and then all the other snacks to get to about 350g. (At 5,500kcal its only 25% energy wise so nothing crazy).

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
November 4th 2022
Upper body pump session - Wk 5/12

Bench 1 x 1 x 275lbs
DB front raises 1 x 25 x 13lbs
DB shrugs 1 x 20 x 60lbs

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
November 4th 2022

6.5hr sleep
Morning weight 220.5lbs

Macros
3,300 kcal, 235g protein

Long day, up from 5AM Friday till Saturday 8-9 AM so obviously with a 27-28 hour eating window calories will be a bit high.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any naps/short sleeps you can grab, try to do so. Remember, sleep ultimately affects fat loss greatly, so it becomes your #1 performance enhancer when it’s at a premium.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
Any naps/short sleeps you can grab, try to do so. Remember, sleep ultimately affects fat loss greatly, so it becomes your #1 performance enhancer when it’s at a premium.
On weekends i work double night shifts and then another shift afternoon so sleep is doomed + had a big exam this week.
I try to get most of my work / studying load off my shoulders the next couple of week so i could really emphasis sleep when peaking. Life not always in tune with lifting goals unfortunately.