No point in quitting, were all gonna die.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
Hi,
My name is daniel and i'm mainly a deadlifter.
Personal records: 733@265lbs@2019, 687@215lbs@2022.

Right now my goal is 707lbs under 220lbs standing at just under 6'3 and 24 y/o.
Just strained my back at a meet and expecting a few weeks of rehab.
I have 12 weeks to turn around an injury and lose 20+ lbs (want to get down even lower then 220lbs, 207-212 lbs) to pull this off. Kinda at a low point right now but thats the **** that motivates me the must, I'm a bulldozer.

Training:
Twice a week HB squat and deadlift training.
Upper body hypertrophy work sprinkled between workouts to be jacked.
Cardio by feel, HIIT/LISS depends on time restrictions.

Diet:
TDEE probably around 3,000kcal daily.
I'm going by weekly caloric intake (higher intake on training days, lower at rest days) so will aim at under 17,000kcal weekly.
Protein intake - minimal at 160g/daily.

Supplements:
Psyllium husk 5-10 grams per day.
400mg magnesium citrate.
Zinc picolinate 50mg twice a week.
Vid d3 15,000iu once a week
Uva ursi 300mg, dandelion root 350mg, green tea extract 400mg.
Whey and pre workout.

Drugs:
Wks 1-12 Test E 250mg per week
*Last 10 days only*
Tren Ace 50mg EOD, Superdrol 10mg ED

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Welcome to the boards dude. Sorry to hear about your injury.

In for support on your recovery journey and to see how you do when you get to your next competition/meet/whatever!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Throw some Masteron in there. 100-150mg mast e on top of 250 test won’t make you hold any extra water weight (it may even lower it, depending on how much you’re aromatizing on the 250 test). And more mg means better nitrogen retention while you diet and more strength - taking more drugs “works” better, go figure lol

Did you strain a muscle, or having disc/nerve issues?

As far as back injuries, I’ve torn an erector, torn both QL, bulged discs in both my lumbar as well as thoracic, pulled a lat insert, had minor tears to the muscle belly of the lats, and they’re all rather different injuries/impact/recovery plans.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
Throw some Masteron in there. 100-150mg mast e on top of 250 test won’t make you hold any extra water weight (it may even lower it, depending on how much you’re aromatizing on the 250 test). And more mg means better nitrogen retention while you diet and more strength - taking more drugs “works” better, go figure lol

As far as back injuries, I’ve torn an erector, torn both QL, bulged discs in both my lumbar as well as thoracic, pulled a lat insert, had minor tears to the muscle belly of the lats, and they’re all rather different injuries/impact/recovery plans.
In my opinion its a grade 2 strain at the gluteus medius.
Gets better by the day, not concerned too much just gonna give it time to heal.

Already ran mast last cycle i rather just do test only at high enough dose to spare muscle.
And 10 last days of tren+oral for peaking.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In my opinion its a grade 2 strain at the gluteus medius.
Gets better by the day, not concerned too much just gonna give it time to heal.

Already ran mast last cycle i rather just do test only at high enough dose to spare muscle.
And 10 last days of tren+oral for peaking.
Yeah that injury will be a peace of cake if you just rest it properly.

My point is you’re shutting down your natural production for basically minimal assistance from the drugs with just 250mg test/wk. I understand not wanting to take a whole lot and avoid more egregious side effects or health concerns, but you’re really making your job about as hard as possible for someone still bothering to take steroids. Nobody gives out medals for how little (or much) drugs you take in an untested competition.

Also, if you don’t like Masteron that’s well and good, but using it previously isn’t any reason not to do so now. I used testosterone in my previous blast, and I will still utilize it in the next one.

But hey, they say the best plan is the one you believe in.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
617lbs opener from my last meet at 220's
Then strained my glute/back with 678lbs, didn't even lift it just felt pain and a "pop" while creating tension.
Moved really well.

10% is a big hop. I generally limit my attempt jumps to 7%, unless I have some odd reason to throw a Hail Mary. I’m not saying that’s why you suffered the strain (these things just happen when we push ourselves at some point), but it can be hard to notice any warning signs that might present themselves if your jumps are too broad.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 2nd 2022
HB squat & Deadlift training | week 1/12 session 1/2.

Lateral raises 2 X 25 X 11lbs
Rope tricep extension super set with Cable biceps curls 3 X 15/15 X "30"/"30"
High bar beltless squat 7 X 7 X 145lbs
Deadlift 3 X 5 X 135lbs
Thick & Wide grip pulldown 4 X 25 X "24"
Kettlebell swings 3 X 33 X 18kg
Back extensions 4 X 25 X BW
Leg extension 0-3-3 tempo 2 X 15 X "16"
Leg curls 0-3-3 tempo 2 X 15 X "8"
Calf raises via Smith machine 1 X 100 X 30kg
Plank 2 sets, side plank 1 set, birdogs, light stretching
Cycling low intensity 10 minutes

*The deadlift was the only painful thing but improving by the session, next session on thursday it will still be 135lbs and then 45lbs jumps twice a week till reasonable weight.
Short rest periods, everything took 70-75 min ~

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s some serious Deadlifts you got there brother. I hate those nagging little injuries, and they seem to show up at the most inopportune time. Hopefully you don’t have any setbacks and all heals well.
Our man Hyde here knows his stuff….. he just took first place at a big meet about a month ago.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 2nd 2022
Body weight, Diet & Sleep

4hr sleep
Morning weight 231lbs

Macros
4,000kcal, 235g protein

As i said i look at weekly calorie intake, on the main 2 training days(sunday, thursday) i'm going for 3-4k and on the remaining 5 says its 2k and under, for now at least.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
October 2nd 2022

4hr sleep
Morning weight 231lbs

Macros
4,000kcal, 235g protein

As i said i look at weekly calorie intake, on the main 2 training days(sunday, thursday) i'm going for 3-4k and on the remaining 5 says its 2k and under, for now at least.
So do you presumably get several meals in you before you train to help fuel performance on your 2 squat/pull days, or are you training very early on those and all of the calories are later in the day specifically for recovery?

Do you normally only get about 4 hours of sleep?

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
So do you presumably get several meals in you before you train to help fuel performance on your 2 squat/pull days, or are you training very early on those and all of the calories are later in the day specifically for recovery?

Do you normally only get about 4 hours of sleep?
A little bit of both but mainly after to recover.
My sleep is fucked Friday to Sunday because of work. (3-4 hrs)
I used to get only 5-6 hrs a night but now i make an effort to get 7+ a night.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 3rd 2022
Upper body pump session - Wk 1/12

Incline bench press 30x77lbs, 30x99lbs, 20x121lbs
Dumbbell shrugs 2x25x44lbskg
Chest supported T-bar row 2x25x55lbs
Over head press 2x20x82lbs
10min stairmaster - 500 steps

*Quick late night session, my glutes and quads were TRASHED from yesterday's session, absolutely crippled myself after not training for a week.
But in a good way! No discomfort just the worst DOMS, could barely walk or sit down.
Gave my self an extra protein shake and snack today.
Right bicep is tight because i have used my right arm to support every daily movement after straining my back/glute, will get better soon I'm sure. Movement is key.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 3rd 2022

9hr sleep
Morning weight 228.5lbs

Macros
2,450kcal, 200g protein

Tuesday and Wednesday will be extra low calorie days because of yom kipur (i'm not fasting but won't be eating too much at work either).

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 4th 2022

DB lateral raises 2 x 25 x 14lbs
Rope tricep extensions 2 x 25 x 44lbs
DB bicep curls 2 x 25 x 27.5lbs
Incline DB flys 2 x 25 x 22lbs
Pull ups 2 x 10 x bw
DB side bend 2 x 20 x 55lbs
Treadmill (incline 12.5, 4km/h) for 10min

*EZ PZ, AM training only ate a chocolate bar for fast sugars with caffeine and hit the gym.
4 scoops of protein and psyllium husk shake now (really helps with appetite control).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
October 4th 2022

DB lateral raises 2 x 25 x 14lbs
Rope tricep extensions 2 x 25 x 44lbs
DB bicep curls 2 x 25 x 27.5lbs
Incline DB flys 2 x 25 x 22lbs
Pull ups 2 x 10 x bw
DB side bend 2 x 20 x 55lbs
Treadmill (incline 12.5, 4km/h) for 10min

*EZ PZ, AM training only ate a chocolate bar for fast sugars with caffeine and hit the gym.
4 scoops of protein and psyllium husk shake now (really helps with appetite control).
If you use a chocolate protein powder with an orange flavored psyllium, it reminds me of the “chocolate oranges” you see for sale around the holidays

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
If you use a chocolate protein powder with an orange flavored psyllium, it reminds me of the “chocolate oranges” you see for sale around the holidays
lol, more like peanut butter protein + natural flavored psyllium + KREMBO.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 4th 2022

5hr sleep
Morning weight 225.4lbs

Macros
2,400kcal, 185g protein

*Long day so longer window to eat, under 2k feels unnecessary when my weight drops so fast.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
October 4th 2022

5hr sleep
Morning weight 225.4lbs

Macros
2,400kcal, 185g protein

*Long day so longer window to eat, under 2k feels unnecessary when my weight drops so fast.
damn buddy. too many days with too little sleep makes my brain feel like it's dying

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah 6lbs in just a few days, that’s definitely not ideal for strength (leverages changing FAST and possibly some muscle loss). I would say you could run several hundred more calories per day, every day, and will still see good loss per week (400 more cals x 7 days is still not even 1lb of fat’s worth of calories, but it will be useful fuel to maintain better energy now & to drop out later if necessary).

If calories start too low, you will get the most rapid drop possible but once your metabolism slows down to accommodate you won’t have much left to drop out to continue pushing loss, and then activity will be forced to be driven up further to create/maintain the deficit.

Very impressive drop though!

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
Yeah 6lbs in just a few days, that’s definitely not ideal for strength (leverages changing FAST and possibly some muscle loss). I would say you could run several hundred more calories per day, every day, and will still see good loss per week (400 more cals x 7 days is still not even 1lb of fat’s worth of calories, but it will be useful fuel to maintain better energy now & to drop out later if necessary).

If calories start too low, you will get the most rapid drop possible but once your metabolism slows down to accommodate you won’t have much left to drop out to continue pushing loss, and then activity will be forced to be driven up further to create/maintain the deficit.

Very impressive drop though!
I never judge by the first week because of water weight, gonna see how next week goes.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I never judge by the first week because of water weight, gonna see how next week goes.
for a sure. a guy your size can easily fluctuate 5lbs in a week even if everything is seemingly perfectly on par.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 5th 2022

8hr sleep
Morning weight 224.5lbs

Macros
2,550kcal, 195g protein

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 6th 2022
HB squat & Deadlift training | week 1/12 session 2/2.

Lateral raises 2 X 25 X 20lbs
Rope tricep extension super set with Cable biceps curls 4 X 15/15 X "45"/"45"
High bar beltless squat 7 X 7 X 185lbs
Deadlift 3 X 5 X 135lbs
Thick & Wide grip pulldown 4 X 25 X "32"
Kettlebell swings 2 X 50 X 40lbs
Back extensions 3 X 33 X BW
Leg extension 0-5-3 tempo 2 X 10 X "24"
Leg curls 0-5-3 tempo 2 X 10 X "16"
Cycling low intensity 20 minutes

*After Sunday i was sore untill this morning, this time around squats went easier, deadlift slight discomfort but nothing to worry about.
Let's hope my body got used to the volume and i won't be crippled tomorrow...
Short rest periods, everything took about 90min (60min weight training + stretching and cardio)
Training feels more fun, i have a good feeling about this time around.
I look smaller then 300lbs (my highest BW ever at 2018) on deca and drol and less shredded then on 207.5lbs (lowest bw since 15y/o from aug22) with mast/tren/halo but I'm by far looking the most "athletic", i don't know how to explain it lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
October 6th 2022
HB squat & Deadlift training | week 1/12 session 2/2.

Lateral raises 2 X 25 X 20lbs
Rope tricep extension super set with Cable biceps curls 4 X 15/15 X "45"/"45"
High bar beltless squat 7 X 7 X 185lbs
Deadlift 3 X 5 X 135lbs
Thick & Wide grip pulldown 4 X 25 X "32"
Back extensions 3 X 33 X BW
Cycling low intensity 20 minutes

*After Sunday i was sore untill this morning, this time around squats went easier, deadlift slight discomfort but nothing to worry about.
Let's hope my body got used to the volume and i won't be crippled tomorrow...
Short rest periods, everything took about 90min (60min weight training + stretching and cardio)
Training feels more fun, i have a good feeling about this time around.
I look smaller then 300lbs (my highest BW ever at 2018) on deca and drol and less shredded then on 207.5lbs (lowest bw since 15y/o from aug22) with mast/tren/halo but I'm by far looking the most "athletic", i don't know how to explain it lol.
Makes sense. You’re 75lbs under 300 and still 17lbs over 207! You’re on your way.

Did you use any test on those previous cycles, like a 250mg base similar to now?

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
Makes sense. You’re 75lbs under 300 and still 17lbs over 207! You’re on your way.

Did you use any test on those previous cycles, like a 250mg base similar to now?
Less, my "base" is 75-175 mg per week.
250mg is "high" for me lol.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 6th 2022

5hr sleep
Morning weight 223.8lbs

Macros
4,650kcal, 320g protein

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 7th 2022

6hr sleep
Morning weight 225.4lbs

Macros
2,900kcal, 160g protein

Had a second unplanned dinner after i consumed 2000kcal, i never let the diet get in the way of family/social life because i'm not in prep for a bb show or doing some serious weight cut as a professional athlete. Just a dude lifting weights.
I will write a summary tomorrow, in short cut calorie wise - on SQ/DL days i will limit myself to 3,800kcal (4.65 is a bit much, no added benefit really) and rest of the days will be 2,400 (the lowest i can go without feeling like i'm starving) and this will put me at avg 400-700 deficit depends on activity level.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
October 7th 2022

6hr sleep
Morning weight 225.4lbs

Macros
2,900kcal, 160g protein

Had a second unplanned dinner after i consumed 2000kcal, i never let the diet get in the way of family/social life because i'm not in prep for a bb show or doing some serious weight cut as a professional athlete. Just a dude lifting weights.
I will write a summary tomorrow, in short cut calorie wise - on SQ/DL days i will limit myself to 3,800kcal (4.65 is a bit much, no added benefit really) and rest of the days will be 2,400 (the lowest i can go without feeling like i'm starving) and this will put me at avg 400-700 deficit depends on activity level.
Looks like your well on your way of your goal of 207-212 lbs, you should reach that fairly easy. How is your back doing?

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
Looks like your well on your way of your goal of 207-212 lbs, you should reach that fairly easy. How is your back doing?
I think its okay, wont know until i get to 315lbs+ deadlift (week 3) and right now i have tight quads and glutes because im not used to so much volume for legs so i cant distinguish between the DOMS to the injury lol.
Everything goes the right direction in my opinion.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 8th 2022

DB front raises 2x25x14lbs
DB shrugs 2x25x33lbs
Larsen bench press 1x50x90lbs
Chest supported row 1x50x55lbs
Hanging knee raises 2x10
Stairmaster 10min (550 steps)

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 8th 2022

9hr sleep
Morning weight 224.6lbs

Macros
2,350kcal, 170g protein

Didn't starve myself to make up for yesterday.
2.4k daily and 3.5-4 k on sq/dl day is the plan for next week.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
Week 1/12 - Summary - training, diet and body weight.

Training
Went well this week, bad DOMS because of high volume after not training for a week.
The first 4-6 weeks are focused around rehab, conditioning and MRV for the accessories.
Later will transition to pushing again the big iron and doing "minimal stimulating volume" on accessories.
Minimal cardio this week, gonna up it little by little as needed. (60min is nothing, last time i was sub 210lbs i was doing 4-6 hours of LISS a week)
Stretching and mobility for the first time since pre-corona times(2019), so feels good.

Body Weight
Sunday 231lbs | Monday 228.5lbs | Tuesday 225.4lbs | Wednesday 224.5lbs | Thursday 223.8lbs | Friday 225.4lbs | Saturday 224.6lbs
Weekly Avg - 226.2lbs
Lowest - 223.8lbs

Good progress, need to remind myself that it is mostly water weight so i won't cave to the illusion of "i can eat a lot and still drop a pound a day".

Diet
Total weekly calorie intake - 21,350kcal
Daliy avg - 3,050kcal

Need to keep it tighter on high calories days (no added benefit to over 4k) and more stable at 2.4~ kcal on low calories day. Diet is well - high protein (never counted protein really), meat, veggies, vitamins, fiber etc.

Sleep
Need to hit bed earlier some days, but nothing too bad (used to sleep 3-4 hours a night most days).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So will you increase the intensity of any pressing work when you transition to the next block (following this rehab/GPP/volume block)? I can’t imagine someone who’s gotten up to 300lbs being very content with 90lb Larsen Presses, even for 50 reps!

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
So will you increase the intensity of any pressing work when you transition to the next block (following this rehab/GPP/volume block)? I can’t imagine someone who’s gotten up to 300lbs being very content with 90lb Larsen Presses, even for 50 reps!
Probably more DB work later on,
Bench was never my best lift anyways (330 PR) but my overhead press was always decent (245 for a double and 300 log clean and push press).
Upper body wise i just wanna look good, after December i will switch focus more towards the total (but at 242's).

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 9th 2022
HB squat & Deadlift training | week 2/12 session 1/2.

Lateral raises 4 X 25 X 20lbs
Rope tricep extension super set with Cable biceps curls 5 X 15/15 X "45"/"45"
High bar beltless squat 5 X 6 X 205lbs
Deadlift 5 X 5 X 185lbs
Thick & Wide grip pulldown 4 X 25 X "40"
Back extensions 4 X 25 X 10kg
Cycling low intensity 30 minutes

Everything felt easier, better conditioning and slacked a bit on the rest periods (weight training took 80min, stretching and cardio 40min).
Deadlift felt ok, no real discomfort (maybe a bit of a mental hesitation) but taking it as an opportunity to make small adjustments, hook griping a bit less deep with closer stance/grip and creating more tension from the floor.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good progressions overall, glad pain isn’t preventing anything

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 9th 2022

6hr sleep
Morning weight 224.45lbs

Macros
7,000kcal, 260g protein

Miscalculated the **** of the holiday dinner, ate 5k under 60min thinking "no way i'm gonna eat over 3k". Lol, but it's the last holiday till meet week basically so no point crying over spilled milk (it was Sukkot and meet week will be at Hanuka).

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 10th 2022

11hr sleep
Morning weight 227.35lbs

Macros
1,750kcal, 160g protein

Back on track, just some water weight to lose again till i hit a new body weight low this week.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 11th 2022
Upper body pump session - Wk 2/12

Bench press 3x10x180lbs
JM press 90lbs X 20, 15 reps
Machine pulldown/row hybrid 2x25x65lbs
DB lateral raises 2x12x33lbs
DB Shrugs 1x20x55lbs
DB curls 2x20x33lbs
Machine chest press 2x25x55lbs
45lbs plate front raises 2x10
KB side bend 1x20x16kg
Treadmill incline (12) - 30min / 2km distance

Weights took 20min, short rest periods.
It's getting colder outside so woke up with painfull inflammated joints - back, kness even my fingers. Oh well at least didnt get sessional allergy (yet...).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A quality curcumin product, at least 95% extract of curcuminoids, can be useful for inflammation at 500-1,000mg doses. And it’s good for all of your health: blood sugar, lipids, anti-oxidant, anti-cancer, reverses LVH/heart growth.

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
October 11th 2022

4hr sleep
Morning weight 225.5lbs

Macros
1,850kcal, 165g protein

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Your making me never wanna pick up anything heavy again with that injury list 😂

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
October 11th 2022

4hr sleep
Morning weight 225.5lbs

Macros
1,850kcal, 165g protein
Do you always sleep like ****? I do too, 4-6hrs is the normal range for me most of the time

Thekid300

Thekid300

Awards
Do you always sleep like ****? I do too, 4-6hrs is the normal range for me most of the time
Used to sleep 4-5 hrs a night, sometimes 3.
Lately been sleeping good but somtimes life gets in the way (im working shifts).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Used to sleep 4-5 hrs a night, sometimes 3.
Lately been sleeping good but somtimes life gets in the way (im working shifts).
I know the feeling, I'm on the road traveling to jobs 1-1.5 hours each way and then we work between 8-12hours, often we don't know how long the day is gonna last. If were supposed to be out at 330 and a cement truck shows up at 3:00, too bad, looks like we're working till 6🤷

Gotta do what you gotta do