Unanswered Nitrosigine Beats Citrulline Malate

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It was cool to see this study.

Haven’t had a chance to dig into it myself, but just helps cement some of the effectiveness of Arginine silicate.

Just a heads up but it doesn’t show it “beating” Citrulline (again I haven’t looked at the full papers and exact numbers), just that it also does increase NO at a lower “dose”.

Comparing the price of each of these doses would be of some importance as a consumer next (if looking from a “cost effectiveness” approach).

For companies this could be a way to keep serving size down (1.5g ASI vs 5-6g Citrulline) and take up less space (maybe for capsule products where Citrulline dose makes that a poor choice).

At the end of the day if results stand, it just ends up being good for us as consumers giving us more options of effective ingredients and hopefully new options as far as product formulations.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In 4 discussion. I regularly buy bulk citrulline.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love nitrosigine. Nanox9 is totally underrated as a product, and Dr's Best has the cheapest nitrosigine I've seen, capped. I've used a bunch of it. It works great, and has nootropic effects too, supposedly.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The results posted by PP seem odd to me. I wouldn't be all that surprised to see one work better than the other, but what is actually being relayed as the research here just seems...weird.

The claim that it increases Nitric Oxide more effectively shows that it does so in vitro. Yet the rest of the study claims to be in in vivo. Why would that get changed for that aspect only? Is it from a different study entirely?

Also, the claim that it increases blood arginine levels more effectively, would make sense to me. One ingredient is providing the body excess amounts of L-arginine, so of course L-arginine blood content will increase more with that than with something that requires conversion.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love nitrosigine. Nanox9 is totally underrated as a product, and Dr's Best has the cheapest nitrosigine I've seen, capped. I've used a bunch of it. It works great, and has nootropic effects too, supposedly.

BUILDFASTFORM

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The results posted by PP seem odd to me. I wouldn't be all that surprised to see one work better than the other, but what is actually being relayed as the research here just seems...weird.

The claim that it increases Nitric Oxide more effectively shows that it does so in vitro. Yet the rest of the study claims to be in in vivo. Why would that get changed for that aspect only? Is it from a different study entirely?

Also, the claim that it increases blood arginine levels more effectively, would make sense to me. One ingredient is providing the body excess amounts of L-arginine, so of course L-arginine blood content will increase more with that than with something that requires conversion.

I reserve opinion until the study is published in a peer reveiw Journal Poster Presentations are sometimes a tricky way to make bad data look good and get it into the public domain.

As for now the claim cannot be substantiated with the availabe information.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Both seem to work well for me, Nitrosigine a little better. Can’t usually get 8g Citrulline Malate in, sometimes it’s in a pre that I can’t take full scoop of not wanting 350 mg caffeine.

But I do appreciate the smaller dosing, great travel supplement

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I regularly buy bulk citrulline.
Same here. I usually have bulk citrulline, agmatine sulfate, and glycerol to make my one pump pre workout.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Same here. I usually have bulk citrulline, agmatine sulfate, and glycerol to make my one pump pre workout.
If you think that is awesome I am using something gram for gram I feel is way better at giving me a vasodilation.