Next PES Insider Deal???

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just tried my first serving of Cake Pop protein. I can definitely taste a yellow cake flavor with a strong vanilla. I enjoyed it and I will have no problems finishing the four tubs that I got. I mixed it with whole milk. I would rank it in my top five PES flavors. I still prefer peanut butter cookie and snickerdoodle, but this is up there with Vanilla and white chocolate mint.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
ok finally arrived here my quick review:

1. with water tastes like vanilla with more sugar, I must say still a good vanilla taste :)
2. with cashew milk (70ml) it's creamy and think and tastes a bit more like cake, just an after taste tho

strange thing is that the smell is like cake! lol
I like it after all but I was expecting "more" from it :)

if this won't be a special edition flavor I will buy it again

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
ok finally arrived here my quick review:

1. with water tastes like vanilla with more sugar, I must say still a good vanilla taste :)
2. with cashew milk (70ml) it's creamy and think and tastes a bit more like cake, just an after taste tho

strange thing is that the smell is like cake! lol
I like it after all but I was expecting "more" from it :)

if this won't be a special edition flavor I will buy it again
It doesn't say "Limited Edition" on the tub, this is here to stay (stated that in my video too)

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
mentioned this cause the shop where I got them here in the UK told me this will be a limited edition flavour, obviously they are wrong then, thanks Bob

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So, what I think everyone is now wondering... who is making these taste test decisions nowadays??? the consensus on the last few flavors is has clearly been that they are not as good or as accurate as what the names suggest... historically PES had been great at truly nailing the flavors (blondie, WCM, Choc frosted cupcake in particular come to mind as "unique" and "accurate to name") but lately there seems to be less focus on really nailing the flavors and mroe focus on hyping them up.

DBoss

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I definitely liked the flavor guys. Used water n felt like it tasted like a vanilla cake n was sweet but not too sweet. Really enjoyed it n will buy again. I've only tried 3 of their flavors so far but I would rank this first. Ive tried chocolate cupcake , vanilla and snickerdoodle and soon I will try peanutbutter since i got samples. Wish I would have bought another one though.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got mine in today and very excited to try it tonight. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright used milk and Ice and my ninja like usual. First thing I noticed is it was very thick unlike I noticed Bob mention he was disappointed how it wasn't. I also did not get a vanilla only flavor from it like others mentioned. It did have a nice sweet aftertaste though and I would say the flavor description is pretty spot on. 🤷‍♂️

janson_kaniaz

janson_kaniaz

Awards
  • Established
So, what I think everyone is now wondering... who is making these taste test decisions nowadays??? the consensus on the last few flavors is has clearly been that they are not as good or as accurate as what the names suggest... historically PES had been great at truly nailing the flavors (blondie, WCM, Choc frosted cupcake in particular come to mind as "unique" and "accurate to name") but lately there seems to be less focus on really nailing the flavors and mroe focus on hyping them up.
Can’t agree more. I wonder if those people in the taste panel are just fanboys who will enjoy anything that they put on the table but seriously the flavors have been off by a lot.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have tried cake pop 4 ways.
1. With water- vanilla taste with hint of frosting.
2. Fruit smoothie- vanilla with cake aftertaste
3. In oats- same as fruit smoothie
4. Greek yogurt- less vanilla than the other ways. More cake+ frosting taste.
Greek yogurt helped give it the most cake pop taste for me. I am going to make some pancakes later with it and see how they turn out. All in all, the flavor is good. I will probably go back to my go to, which is Chocolate PB.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Alright used milk and Ice and my ninja like usual. First thing I noticed is it was very thick unlike I noticed Bob mention he was disappointed how it wasn't. I also did not get a vanilla only flavor from it like others mentioned. It did have a nice sweet aftertaste though and I would say the flavor description is pretty spot on. 🤷‍♂️
No crap your shake will be thicker when you throw in ice cubes and use a blender lol. The way I mixed and how you mixed is night and day difference. Talk about apples to oranges lol

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No crap your shake will be thicker when you throw in ice cubes and use a blender lol. The way I mixed and how you mixed is night and day difference. Talk about apples to oranges lol
Understood. My opinion was soley based off of using the exact combo I use with all my shakes. I actually used less ice than usual this time and the end result was almost like a cream. Very tasty and thick. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have tried cake pop 4 ways.
1. With water- vanilla taste with hint of frosting.
2. Fruit smoothie- vanilla with cake aftertaste
3. In oats- same as fruit smoothie
4. Greek yogurt- less vanilla than the other ways. More cake+ frosting taste.
Greek yogurt helped give it the most cake pop taste for me. I am going to make some pancakes later with it and see how they turn out. All in all, the flavor is good. I will probably go back to my go to, which is Chocolate PB.
I absolutely dread having any protein powder with just water. But I may have to test it just to see if I pick up on this strict vanilla flavoring people mention.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I absolutely dread having any protein powder with just water. But I may have to test it just to see if I pick up on this strict vanilla flavoring people mention.
Oh man, I hear ya. Water is the worst. I am an oats guy myself. Haven't found a powder yet that compares to PES for oats. I guess I should mention I eat them cold. Great for work.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh man, I hear ya. Water is the worst. I am an oats guy myself. Haven't found a powder yet that compares to PES for oats. I guess I should mention I eat them cold. Great for work.
I'm a huge fan of Select with oats brother. Actually took some time away from them because I got somewhat burnt out on them. Definitely looking forward to trying this new flavor in some though for sure!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well tonight I tried adding just a bit of peanut butter in with the milk and Ice. Let me tell you what that put it over the top. This taste with just the hint of peanut butter is fantastic!

Looking forward to trying it with oats tomorrow.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone tried mixing cake pop with any other flavors? I tried it with some peanut butter which was fantastic but I know our insiders usually come up with some awesome mixtures.

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Anyone tried mixing cake pop with any other flavors? I tried it with some peanut butter which was fantastic but I know our insiders usually come up with some awesome mixtures.
Here's what I have been doing with my protein powder. Mix equal parts select protein(I use vegan) with PBFIT powdered peanut butter. Sometimes it's more of a 2:1 ratio of PBFIT to select protein. Then add a few tablespoons of water and stir until you have a peanut butter/frosting like mixture. Next grab a spoon and dig in! It's chocolate protein mixed with PBFIT is like eating chocolate frosting. I'm sure the cake pop mixed in this fashion will be delicious. A total game changer for killing cravings on a diet.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's what I have been doing with my protein powder. Mix equal parts select protein(I use vegan) with PBFIT powdered peanut butter. Sometimes it's more of a 2:1 ratio of PBFIT to select protein. Then add a few tablespoons of water and stir until you have a peanut butter/frosting like mixture. Next grab a spoon and dig in! It's chocolate protein mixed with PBFIT is like eating chocolate frosting. I'm sure the cake pop mixed in this fashion will be delicious. A total game changer for killing cravings on a diet.
Damn that sounds tasty. I think everyone has indulged in eating frosting straight from the container before so this would be an awesome way to feel as if you are getting a cheat snack between meals. :)

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Greek yogurt works too, with some natural peanut butter thrown in.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely have tried the Greek yogurt mixtures and even made ice cream out of it. Always a nice treat. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shake tonight was cake pop mixed with strawberry cheesecake. First time mixing it with anything else. It was good but I like each as a stand alone better. Will be trying a few other mixes in the next few days. I have just about every flavor on hand so I should get a fair amount of combos in. :)

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Let us know when there are samples of cake pop as I would like to try it!

As a side note, I really did not care for the peanut butter cookie at all but had a few servings left in the 7 serving tub I bought. Made a shake last night with 1 scoop, 8 oz almond milk, and 2 Tbsp of heavy cream and the cream made all the difference! Still not my favorite flavor but it made it a whole lot better

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let us know when there are samples of cake pop as I would like to try it!

As a side note, I really did not care for the peanut butter cookie at all but had a few servings left in the 7 serving tub I bought. Made a shake last night with 1 scoop, 8 oz almond milk, and 2 Tbsp of heavy cream and the cream made all the difference! Still not my favorite flavor but it made it a whole lot better
I'll check for you on the samples for sure and report back when they are available. :)

I actually enjoy the peanut butter cookie and really love it in oats and using it for other recipes. Glad you found a way to spruce it up and make it more enjoyable for you!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll check for you on the samples for sure and report back when they are available. :)

I actually enjoy the peanut butter cookie and really love it in oats and using it for other recipes. Glad you found a way to spruce it up and make it more enjoyable for you!
Don’t care for PB proteins in general but always down to try select flavors. Only one I’ve skipped is the strawberry cheesecake. I think you guys have the best chocolate on the market though, one of the best cnc, white chocolate mint is fantastic, and I absolutely loved blondie. Surprisingly don’t care for SD or PBC. Keep forgetting I have a 7 serve of vanilla I still need to try as well

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don’t care for PB proteins in general but always down to try select flavors. Only one I’ve skipped is the strawberry cheesecake. I think you guys have the best chocolate on the market though, one of the best cnc, white chocolate mint is fantastic, and I absolutely loved blondie. Surprisingly don’t care for SD or PBC. Keep forgetting I have a 7 serve of vanilla I still need to try as well
WCM is on point! Always love having it on hand and actually just opened my last tub of it about 2 weeks ago. Slowly working my way through it but I always only use it here and there to make it last. Strawberry cheesecake is on point brother. Wish it still had the strawberry chunks in it but it's still amazing even without.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
WCM is on point! Always love having it on hand and actually just opened my last tub of it about 2 weeks ago. Slowly working my way through it but I always only use it here and there to make it last. Strawberry cheesecake is on point brother. Wish it still had the strawberry chunks in it but it's still amazing even without.
Speaking of WCM

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shake tonight was cake pop mixed with strawberry cheesecake. First time mixing it with anything else. It was good but I like each as a stand alone better. Will be trying a few other mixes in the next few days. I have just about every flavor on hand so I should get a fair amount of combos in. :)
I mixed up some vanilla greek yogurt with Cake Pop and a couple ounces of fresh strawberries. Low-cal strawberry shortcake! I've found it's also great for use in pancakes. Really gives a buttery flavor to the cakes that vanilla just can't pull off

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Speaking of WCM

Oh boy! I've seen a lot of your recipes in the past but damn this refresher has me wanting to bake something up. Might jump over and check yours our again to make something up now that I have the tub open. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I mixed up some vanilla greek yogurt with Cake Pop and a couple ounces of fresh strawberries. Low-cal strawberry shortcake! I've found it's also great for use in pancakes. Really gives a buttery flavor to the cakes that vanilla just can't pull off
Oh damn bro. Pancakes or waffles with cake pop would be fantastic! Good look my dude.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was 1 scoop of cake pop and about 3/4 scoop of CPBC with ice and milk in the ninja. Holy crap was that a damn good flavor combo. The CPBC definitely overpowered the cake pop flavoring bit the cake pop hint compliments it well and that sweet after taste remains pretty relevant. This has been the best mixture I've tried so far with the new flavor. Very pleased with it.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By the way. The wife fell in love with the new cake pop flavor. She has been requesting a shake of her own every time I make one. I made the mistake of serving up my oldest son a shake as well the other day which was a mistake. Lol
So needless to say I am already about to have to crack open the second tub. Select always goes fast in the household but geez this is going too damn quick!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finally got around to the vanilla, not a huge vanilla fan for whey and I’ve only tried a few but this one is definitely the best! Gonna have to try a 5 serve of the strawberry cheesecake and cake pop since those are the only two I haven’t tried. There’s not any way to get free shipping on the small ones is there?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finally got around to the vanilla, not a huge vanilla fan for whey and I’ve only tried a few but this one is definitely the best! Gonna have to try a 5 serve of the strawberry cheesecake and cake pop since those are the only two I haven’t tried. There’s not any way to get free shipping on the small ones is there?
Our Gourmet Vanilla is on point no doubt about that my brother. I'm sure you will enjoy strawberry cheesecake and cake pop as Well.

We have free shipping on any order of 75 dollars or more and were running a loyal customer free shipping deal for a while but besides that I'm not quite sure.

I would be more than happy to send some samples but the last time I did the envelop and sample got shredded and I literally got mailed a warning from HASMAT officials. They almost made me turn myself in to Indiana police thinking I was sending either drugs or some kind of sketchy powder. Was a huge pain in the ass. Lol

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After a late night lift session I'm debating trying a combo of cake pop and WCM. Seems like an odd mixture but may as well give it a shot while I have both on hand. :)

Muckl3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can’t see anything ever topping vanilla for me, it’s perfect. Only tried a couple of select flavours so far so going to have to branch out it’s but hard not to just keep stocking up on vanilla.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll drop this here. :)
SmartSelectImage_2019-06-15-12-21-10.jpeg

Cortisol Support†Mood & Stress Support†Ingredients Backed by Human ResearchFeaturing Ashwagandha, Lemon Balm, and I3C30-Day Supply
24.99 listing on PEScience website

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
PES Omnizen
  • Cortisol Support†
  • Mood & Stress Support†

Very interesting here. Cortisol support and mood enhancers are always intriguing products to me. I actually had no idea this was in the works so I'm glad you posted this here. :)
You must of forgot from the last page haha

posted that for you 11 days ago :)

I'll drop this here. View attachment 183831

Cortisol Support†Mood & Stress Support†Ingredients Backed by Human ResearchFeaturing Ashwagandha, Lemon Balm, and I3C30-Day Supply

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must of forgot from the last page haha

posted that for you 11 days ago :)
I didn't. Was just adding that I noticed it was added to the website and figured I would add that. When you had posted it wasn't showing it available to purchase for me.

Tried to edit prior to you posting but you beat me to it.

No problem with a refresher in any case. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I noted last night I was going to give cake pop a try mixed with WCM. I must say that was actually my favorite mixture I've tried so far. It may be partially because I am such a huge fan of WCM but it really was enjoyable.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I didn't. Was just adding that I noticed it was added to the website and figured I would add that. When you had posted it wasn't showing it available to purchase for me.

Tried to edit prior to you posting but you beat me to it.

No problem with a refresher in any case. :)
It was available then
Shane even wrote that on stack3d

Again from June 4th

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was available then
Shane even wrote that on stack3d

Again from June 4th
Understood. Not a big deal. I overlooked it apparently or didn't follow the proper tabs to get to it because I hadn't seen it available at the time you posted just thought it was an FYI. Not familiar with stack3d in anyway so that doesn't change anything for me. Lol
Appreciate you reaffirming though brother. Always good to keep me in check. Not sure what I would do without you buddy.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That being said anyone have any feedback yet on omnizen since it's obviously been out long enough to receive and start dosing? I'm definitely curious on seeing some thoughts and reviews.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finally tried cake pop with some oats. Gotta say I am loving it!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Finally tried cake pop with some oats. Gotta say I am loving it!
I made a mug cake with it for post-workout this morning. It may be becoming my favorite flavor!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
PES comes out with Collagen Peptides

$25 for 30 Serving Unflavored

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I made a mug cake with it for post-workout this morning. It may be becoming my favorite flavor!
Very interesting brother. Do you mind sharing the recipe with me. Not familiar with this mug cake.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PES comes out with Collagen Peptides

$25 for 30 Serving Unflavored
Nice share brother. I'll be sure to share it as a new post in a month just for you! Hahaha
Sorry I couldn't resist. For real though very interesting going to read more into this.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still downing this cake pop. Tried many mixtures and a few were pretty good but just as a stand alone has been my jam so far.