Next PES Insider Deal???

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Got mine today. Mixed a small scoop up. Is it just me or has select mixability gotten better in the few years since I’ve bought some? All the only flavors clumped like he’ll spoon mixed and were super thick. This one mixed effortlessly with a spoon and wasn’t too thick or thin

Flavor isn’t as good as the Oxyelite strawberry but to be fair no other shake ever has matched that. Slight off aftertaste I can’t put my finger on but that’s really just nitpicking. I have to say overall I am impressed and pleased with my purchase. Honestly the first select flavor I’ve really enjoyed so great job on this. To me it’s a pretty decent mix of strawberries and cream/cheesecake but definitely closer to cream than cheesecake.

I’m happy it had more strawberry flavor than originally suggested.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And WCM Is still in available to order too not just Strawberry Cheesecake :)
Ahhh. I'm picking up what you're putting down my friend. Lol

Almost went right over my head!

H

holl0309

Awards
PES double shipped my order. Debated asking them to charge me again and doubling up, but I'm already pretty loaded up on protein so I'm sending it back.

doogieee

doogieee

Awards
IMG_4759.jpeg

Gave the strawberry cheesecake a shot in my post-workout oats. Did a scoop and a half. The flavor def is not as strong as Snickerdoodle or PBC, but I actually enjoyed it! Tastes even better with some peanut butter thrown in there to achieve that "PB&J" taste.

Honest Review: 8/10. Would buy Ghost Blueberry over this if I wanted a fruit flavor, and would def buy Snickerdoodle or PBC over this as well in terms of PES Select flavors. But I'm glad I tried it. Definitely still enjoy it.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
View attachment 162911

Gave the strawberry cheesecake a shot in my post-workout oats. Did a scoop and a half. The flavor def is not as strong as Snickerdoodle or PBC, but I actually enjoyed it! Tastes even better with some peanut butter thrown in there to achieve that "PB&J" taste.

Honest Review: 8/10. Would buy Ghost Blueberry over this if I wanted a fruit flavor, and would def buy Snickerdoodle or PBC over this as well in terms of PES Select flavors. But I'm glad I tried it. Definitely still enjoy it.
Awesome to hear it was good for you in oats bro. I definitely used a bit more of the powder than I typically would with select in oats and it worked out ideal. I didn't want to skew taste so I didn't throw in my typical scoop of pb when trying so I'll give it a shot next time. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I’m not getting any cheesecake either, it’s good but I wouldn’t buy it again
Honestly feel you wouldn't buy the flavor again even at an insider discount? Although it is strawberry heavy I find it to be a damn good flavor choice especially a different type of alternative than most the peanut butter and chocolate heavy line we have. I'd definitely be in for more tubs. Just my opinion though.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would Love to see a Blueberry Cheesecake !!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PES double shipped my order. Debated asking them to charge me again and doubling up, but I'm already pretty loaded up on protein so I'm sending it back.
I appreciate your honesty, my good man.

I can say with confidence that many people would keep both packages. :)

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly feel you wouldn't buy the flavor again even at an insider discount? Although it is strawberry heavy I find it to be a damn good flavor choice especially a different type of alternative than most the peanut butter and chocolate heavy line we have. I'd definitely be in for more tubs. Just my opinion though.
Nah I would rather pay the extra $10 and get FCC or PBC. Like I said, I’m not going to struggle to get through them but I don’t think cheesecake should be included on the label.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Considering the feedback I’m kind of glad I held out. I’d rather use the money towards a reup of FCC

P

primolift00

Awards
  • Established
Nah I would rather pay the extra $10 and get FCC or PBC. Like I said, I’m not going to struggle to get through them but I don’t think cheesecake should be included on the label.
This exactly. It’s not bad but does not meet the standard I expect from Select, which is Awesome. Also, it’s basically a strawberry flavor ( very little if any cheesecake flavor). I’ll pay the extra moment to continue buying other Select flavors ( I always have a rotation).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think the consensus at this point would be that in a blind taste test, 99.9% of people wouldn’t ever say “cheesecake”... seems like strawberries and cream would be more likely.

(Ben being the .1% that apparently hasn’t eaten cheesecake haha)

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think the consensus at this point would be that in a blind taste test, 99.9% of people wouldn’t ever say “cheesecake”... seems like strawberries and cream would be more likely.

Hahaha dead

janson_kaniaz

janson_kaniaz

Awards
  • Established
Yup. Just had my first scoop with milk. Couldn’t taste the cheesecake at all. But I like this better than WCM.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ooh man are we going to beat this dead horse now? Lol

My opinion would be swayed as I know what the flavor is labeled and truthfully do enjoy the cheesecake kick I sense to this select flavor. As I mentioned in my initial feedback it does have a good tasty strawberry kick to it which is perfect for me because cheesecake with strawberry topping is actually the way I prefer it.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What kinda **** tier cheesecake have you been eating?
That is a complete oxymoron statement. Some may not be as good as others but for my sweet tooth and experience there is no such thing as a shìtty cheesecake.

Or at least one that I couldn't finish. I absolutely love cheesecake. I am far from the only person to say they caught the cheesecake flavor in this select so your strong dissatisfaction with my comment is a bit concerning my brother. Different strokes for different folks. Lol

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In any case. I'm definitely still pleased with the new select flavor whether controversial or not. A nice change from the peanut butter and chocolate heavy options I was rotating. I do plan on making some cheesecake either time weekend sometime.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I want to take a moment and thank The Solution for sending me a sample of the new PES Strawberry Cheesecake which I will be sampling this weekend. Thanks Bob! You're da man.

-M

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I agree everyone's tastes are very personal. Why doesn't PEScience do an instagram poll to see how many people liked the flavor. I feel like that would give them a better view of what there fans like... and don't like.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's not about like vs. dislike... we pretty much have consensus on that as well... its a good flavor. It's just not the 70% cheesecake that was described ha.

Just consolidating all the feedback in one comment LiveToLift

Good, for a strawberry flavor.

Missed on the cheesecake.

No hard feelings, just the general consensus.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's not about like vs. dislike... we pretty much have consensus on that as well... its a good flavor. It's just not the 70% cheesecake that was described ha.

Just consolidating all the feedback in one comment LiveToLift

Good, for a strawberry flavor.

Missed on the cheesecake.

No hard feelings, just the general consensus.
Yea sorry if hard feelings were taken. Most certainly weren't by me just thought my description was taken wrong. Never did I say it was even remotely 70 percent cheesecake. I can't speak for other reps or what the description of the products write up was. I just said I most certainly can taste the cheesecake taste. Maybe we are both reading comments that weren't intended for each other (or maybe just I am) or something which happens often. :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strawberry cheesecake sold out ridiculously quickly and didn't even make the end of the insider.

As always, we look at feedback from emails, messages, social media comments and forums so whether we decide to bring it on as a full time flavour will remain to be decided.

In the interim we are of course working on other flavours as well (it is a continuous process) and we may be looking for forum users to help with flavour feedback as we develop new ideas. :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It sold out because people believed it would taste like the label shows.
We are proud of the flavour and wouldn't have launched it if we weren't.

Many customers are asking for us to bring it back as a full time flavour after trying the tubs they received.

I understand that some people would like there to be a higher ratio of cheesecake to strawberry flavouring. Likewise we also have customers who ask for it to be stronger on the strawberry flavouring.

We take all feedback into account and whilst we know no single flavour can please everyone, we do our best to make flavours the majority of our customers will enjoy. :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
We are proud of the flavour and wouldn't have launched it if we weren't.

Many customers are asking for us to bring it back as a full time flavour after trying the tubs they received.

I understand that some people would like there to be a higher ratio of cheesecake to strawberry flavouring. Likewise we also have customers who ask for it to be stronger on the strawberry flavouring.

We take all feedback into account and whilst we know no single flavour can please everyone, we do our best to make flavours the majority of our customers will enjoy. :)
let's be honest here ben, not a single person on any forum, insta, etc has said "I wish there was LESS cheesecake flavor"... Nobody has said its a bad flavor. they simply want you guys to make a flavor called and marketed as "cheesecake" to actually taste like cheesecake.

The people who want a stronger strawberry flavor, want a strawberry flavor, not cheesecake. That's not a relevant point.

Reactions: LLN
bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
let's be honest here ben, not a single person on any forum, insta, etc has said "I wish there was LESS cheesecake flavor"... Nobody has said its a bad flavor. they simply want you guys to make a flavor called and marketed as "cheesecake" to actually taste like cheesecake.

The people who want a stronger strawberry flavor, want a strawberry flavor, not cheesecake. That's not a relevant point.
I am just relaying feedback.

I didn't say people were requesting less cheesecake flavouring. I just said some people had asked for more strawberry flavouring.

Either way, all feedback is noted and passed to the flavouring team. :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can we find another horse to beat ???

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the only thing I am beating is my...
on another note. I tried out the mango splash prolific for the first time (i got some samples with my insider order). Wow. NOW THAT IS DELICIOUS! Love it.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lots of sore butts ITT.

Hopefully one of the flavors y'all are working on is a blueberry cheesecake.

Or pie.

Or muffin.

P

primolift00

Awards
  • Established
THIS! up to this point, every PES Select flavor has matched the label, and I always had confidence that if PES put a name on the label, it meant something. For example, did anyone order PBC and say that it didn't taste exactly like a peanut butter cookie. For me, this is the first time PES did not live up to that high standard of the flavor matching the marketing. For that reason, it's disappointing. if PES was known as a company that put out misleading label (to use an extreme example, like a company that puts out a product named "superdrol" when it doesn't actually contain superdrol), perhaps it would not be as disappointing. The flavor is not bad, just not what was expected, based on the name.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The more I try this flavor, the more I like it. Would definitely repurchase. Only select flavor I can say that about

K

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have no problems with my purchase of 6 tubs since it's a good flavor. It's very natural tasting, refreshing, not super sweet, and light for the summer. I've tasted some really synthetic tasting strawberry proteins that would make you gag. So congrats on not going down that road.

But it's strawberries and cream not cheesecake. I think most people would enjoy the flavor if it was labeled and advertised as strawberries and cream. Who doesn't love a bowl of strawberries with fresh whipped cream?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Strawberry cheesecake sold out ridiculously quickly and didn't even make the end of the insider.

As always, we look at feedback from emails, messages, social media comments and forums so whether we decide to bring it on as a full time flavour will remain to be decided.

In the interim we are of course working on other flavours as well (it is a continuous process) and we may be looking for forum users to help with flavour feedback as we develop new ideas. :)
I still see Strawberry Cheesecake & White Chocolate Mint still available for sale at very reasonable prices with a simple search.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You do realize that manufacturer stock and individual store stock are different things, right?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I still see Strawberry Cheesecake & White Chocolate Mint still available for sale at very reasonable prices with a simple search.
I googled it and the one store that said in stock is actually out of stock :(

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
We are sold out, retailer inventories may still be there, but unless this gets a reboot they will not be getting more so grab it now if you’re looking.

I am glad we went the route that eliminates the synthetic taste to the Strawberry, to me that’s what makes this so enjoyable. Considering the amount of flavour from Strawberries we kept the carbs pretty low too.

I’m enjoying my tubs, it is #2 for my wife behind CPBC, even if it’s not how I imagined it I will end up wishing I had ordered more once I get through my 6 tubs here for sure. It’s the most refreshing flavour as a shake I’m finding, will love this in the coming summer

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just would like to remind people. WCM came out as a limited special. Feedback said we made the flavor too strong on the mint side. Flavor came out a year later with an open note that it was flavored slightly different as R&D caught wind of the customer feedback. We sold out once again and many were pleased yet many were upset as they enjoyed the first formula. 2 things can be noted here. I can assume if we do release it again in the future we may tweak the flavoring. I can also assume in doing so we may let another group down.

Being in a business like this not everyone will be happy period. I get your points so I'm not begging for clarification again your exact issue. I would have been extremely happy with a strictly cheesecake flavor as I'm a cheesecake diehard. I will also note I'm a big fan of strawberry cheesecake and truthfully am pleased with this Select flavor.

K

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just would like to remind people. WCM came out as a limited special. Feedback said we made the flavor too strong on the mint side. Flavor came out a year later with an open note that it was flavored slightly different as R&D caught wind of the customer feedback. We sold out once again and many were pleased yet many were upset as they enjoyed the first formula. 2 things can be noted here. I can assume if we do release it again in the future we may tweak the flavoring. I can also assume in doing so we may let another group down.

Being in a business like this not everyone will be happy period. I get your points so I'm not begging for clarification again your exact issue. I would have been extremely happy with a strictly cheesecake flavor as I'm a cheesecake diehard. I will also note I'm a big fan of strawberry cheesecake and truthfully am pleased with this Select flavor.
If there really is a large contingent that likes the flavor as it currently stands you could always leave the flavor as is and create a dedicated cheesecake flavor for the other group.

You do have Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup and then a dedicated peanut butter flavor in Peanut Butter Cookie.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If there really is a large contingent that likes the flavor as it currently stands you could always leave the flavor as is and create a dedicated cheesecake flavor for the other group.

You do have Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup and then a dedicated peanut butter flavor in Peanut Butter Cookie.
For what it is worth, peanut butter was our most requested flavour by far.

When I say that I mean we did a poll here on AM for open flavour nominations (no guidelines, AM members just asked for any flavour they wanted) and peanut butter flavours (peanut butter, peanut butter banana, peanut butter jelly etc) had five of the top seven most requested flavours lol.

Normally we wouldn't anticipate doing a large flavour overlap but even after we launched peanut butter cup we still got a lot of other requests for different peanut butter flavours so decided to release peanut butter cookie.

So yeah, flavour overlap isn't necessarily something we anticipate doing but we do always listen to customer requests and if we see a lot of people asking for the same flavour we will look into it. :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I forgot about that poll

PB is just too hard not to love, and as a fat source naturally it blends in so good with sweet things, or chocolate...

PB love aside I am more that happy with the 2 options we have and I would miss either one if it went away. No regrets we have 2 PB offerings, many more unique additions to the Select line ahead.

Headed out to hit the weekend markets here, grocery shop, then my take on a SC Cheesecake will hopefully be happening here today. I will share recipe for anyone who wants to play with SC in baking.