Next PES Insider Deal???

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally thought it was a bit bitter in flavor. the new CNC Cookie butter is fire, i think with blondie though the Cookie Butter with the cocoa cookie swirl will make a very nice drizzle on top of a baked good.
Where do you buy CNC cookie butter?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Where do you buy CNC cookie butter?
Trader joes
too bad i do not have one near me Swolbraham and bbartsche have been sending me Trader Joes goods in the mail as good friends. Class acts on these boards.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you want some bro PM and we can do a trade
I want to try that for sure!
Do you guys have a stats panel?

I'd trade with you, but live in Canada?

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I want to try that for sure!
Do you guys have a stats panel?

I'd trade with you, but live in Canada?
Oh poo. Damn Canadian lol.

I'll snag a pic of the facts in a bit... How many jars do you want? Worse comes to worse I'll just send it to you for cost + shipping if that works. PM with what you got to trade too boss

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
Not sure if this if the best place for this question, but based on the latest Insider I figure others may benefit from the info.

As someone who often consumes a protein shakes post-wo to trigger MPS, would this still be advisable if you've just had a couple of scoops of Amino IV intra-wo? Would taking 2 scoops of Amino IV and 2 scoops of Select so close together be overkill?

What would be the most efficient way to dose these, in this scenario?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not sure if this if the best place for this question, but based on the latest Insider I figure others may benefit from the info.

As someone who often consumes a protein shakes post-wo to trigger MPS, would this still be advisable if you've just had a couple of scoops of Amino IV intra-wo? Would taking 2 scoops of Amino IV and 2 scoops of Select so close together be overkill?

What would be the most efficient way to dose these, in this scenario?
no real point, protein synthesis is still very elevated into the post-workout period espcially from BCAA's which spike protein levels, and possibly still from your pre-workout meal, so spiking protein intake and never allowing protein levels to reach refractory stages may not be the best for MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis)
if you eat pre-workout (say 60-90 minutes before) you spike levels
then dose a BCAA product (spike again an hour later)
train 60-90 minutes while constantly spiking your protein levels
then post-workout shake right away

Protein levels never had a chance to really settle down.

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/uploads/Norton-J-Ag-Food-Ind-Hi-Tech-2008.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

BCAA products would be best pre-worout fasted training (10g) or as a bolus between meals 4-6 hours apart (3-4g Leucine)
EAA's have been better shown intra-workout:

WHY EAA's more important than BCAA intra-workout:
but EAAs may impart some endurance-like effects that BCAAs simply cannot.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/94/3/809.long

This is the only study done in trained humans consuming EAAs during the workout. These are legit, military-trained personnel doing both resistance and endurance work.

The findings?

"In summary, consumption of a 10-g dose of EAA enriched with leucine during moderate endurance-type exercise stimulated increased MPS when compared with an isonitrogenous EAA supplement with an amino acid profile consistent with high-quality proteins. These data indicate that increasing leucine availability during steady state exercise promotes skeletal muscle protein anabolism and spares endogenous protein."

Cliffs:

These EAAs increased postworkout MPS by 33% when consumed during exercise
The drink with the highest leucine content spared muscle to the greatest degree

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure if this if the best place for this question, but based on the latest Insider I figure others may benefit from the info. As someone who often consumes a protein shakes post-wo to trigger MPS, would this still be advisable if you've just had a couple of scoops of Amino IV intra-wo? Would taking 2 scoops of Amino IV and 2 scoops of Select so close together be overkill? What would be the most efficient way to dose these, in this scenario?
So you don't have to read Bobs huge response :)...

There wouldn't be the need to rush and get a shake in instantly post workout with 2 scoops of AminoIV intra-workout. It certainly isn't going to negatively affect you though if you did have a shake post workout still.

I have my 2 scoops intra and then get home and cook a whole food meal personally.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh poo. Damn Canadian lol.

I'll snag a pic of the facts in a bit... How many jars do you want? Worse comes to worse I'll just send it to you for cost + shipping if that works. PM with what you got to trade too boss
Just 1 because shipping may be too high for more...

I have a cinnamon roll Cracked Nut butter, a chocolate coconut milk spread and I might have another P28 almond kicking around but would have to double check.

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
no real point, protein synthesis is still very elevated into the post-workout period espcially from BCAA's which spike protein levels..
Thanks, Bob.
That's great info.

There wouldn't be the need to rush and get a shake in instantly post workout with 2 scoops of AminoIV intra-workout. It certainly isn't going to negatively affect you though if you did have a shake post workout still.

I have my 2 scoops intra and then get home and cook a whole food meal personally.
lol
I read it anyway. :D

Yeah, usually post-wo I also have a whole food meal. Was just wondering for the times that I don't, what would be the best approach.

Thanks for the input.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Just 1 because shipping may be too high for more...

I have a cinnamon roll Cracked Nut butter, a chocolate coconut milk spread and I might have another P28 almond kicking around but would have to double check.
Pm coming your way

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no real point, protein synthesis is still very elevated into the post-workout period espcially from BCAA's which spike protein levels, and possibly still from your pre-workout meal, so spiking protein intake and never allowing protein levels to reach refractory stages may not be the best for MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis)
if you eat pre-workout (say 60-90 minutes before) you spike levels
then dose a BCAA product (spike again an hour later)
train 60-90 minutes while constantly spiking your protein levels
then post-workout shake right away

Protein levels never had a chance to really settle down.

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/uploads/Norton-J-Ag-Food-Ind-Hi-Tech-2008.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

BCAA products would be best pre-worout fasted training (10g) or as a bolus between meals 4-6 hours apart (3-4g Leucine)
EAA's have been better shown intra-workout:

WHY EAA's more important than BCAA intra-workout:
but EAAs may impart some endurance-like effects that BCAAs simply cannot.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/94/3/809.long

This is the only study done in trained humans consuming EAAs during the workout. These are legit, military-trained personnel doing both resistance and endurance work.

The findings?

"In summary, consumption of a 10-g dose of EAA enriched with leucine during moderate endurance-type exercise stimulated increased MPS when compared with an isonitrogenous EAA supplement with an amino acid profile consistent with high-quality proteins. These data indicate that increasing leucine availability during steady state exercise promotes skeletal muscle protein anabolism and spares endogenous protein."

Cliffs:

These EAAs increased postworkout MPS by 33% when consumed during exercise
The drink with the highest leucine content spared muscle to the greatest degree
Good info here... I usually do a pre-wo meal, hit the gym 60-90 mins later where I sip on 5-7g of BCAA + 5g of peptopro.
Post workout I have a 30g protein shake with a meal of 30-40g of protein & carbs.

Am I overdoing it in terms of mps?

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Good info here... I usually do a pre-so meal, hit the gym 60-90 mins later where I sip on 5-7g of BCAA + 5g of peptopro.
Post workout I have a 30g protein shake with a meal of 30-40g of protein & carbs.

Am I overdoing it in terms of mps?
Nah you're good. I do the same thing, pre wo meal, 60g cyclic dextrin, 15g peptopro and 15-20g EAAs intra. Haven't been sore in months. Then after have just isolate creatine and taurine, then chill for an hour eat and eat my biggest meal. About 1k cals, 175g CHO and 30-50g protein

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

But Bro...
All gains lost if you do not have a shake right after your last set....

Thanks, Bob.
That's great info.

lol
I read it anyway. :D

Yeah, usually post-wo I also have a whole food meal. Was just wondering for the times that I don't, what would be the best approach.

Thanks for the input.
Yup, you will have plenty of time to get home and eat a meal.

http://www.jissn.com/content/10/1/5
Here you go and why
So people that need a shake an eat an hour later eat not necessary at all You just had a shake which is going to elevate MPS for several hours eating so soon again is not beneficial for muscle protein synthesis which has been shown better when spaced out to larger degrees to allow protein levels to reach refractory stages.

"With that said, high-quality protein dosed at 0.4–0.5 g/kg of LBM at both pre- and post-exercise is a simple, relatively fail-safe general guideline that reflects the current evidence showing a maximal acute anabolic effect of 20–40 g [53,84,85]. For example, someone with 70 kg of LBM would consume roughly 28–35 g protein in both the pre- and post exercise meal. Exceeding this would be have minimal detriment if any, whereas significantly under-shooting or neglecting it altogether would not maximize the anabolic response."

"pre- and post-exercise meals should not be separated by more than approximately 3–4 hours, given a typical resistance training bout lasting 45–90 minutes. If protein is delivered within particularly large mixed-meals (which are inherently more anticatabolic), a case can be made for lengthening the interval to 5–6 hours. This strategy covers the hypothetical timing benefits while allowing significant flexibility in the length of the feeding windows before and after training. Specific timing within this general framework would vary depending on individual preference and tolerance, as well as exercise duration. One of many possible examples involving a 60-minute resistance training bout could have up to 90-minute feeding windows on both sides of the bout, given central placement between the meals. In contrast, bouts exceeding typical duration would default to shorter feeding windows if the 3–4 hour pre- to post-exercise meal interval is maintained. Shifting the training session closer to the pre- or post-exercise meal should be dictated by personal preference, tolerance, and lifestyle/scheduling constraints."

For most of us ^^^^ who eat a mixed meal we can stretch meals 5-6 hours apart with no worry.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I ordered from the insider yesterday and haven't received any shipping info. Can a PES rep let me know if they were processing orders today or do I have to wait until tomorrow/Monday?

Thanks.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ordered from the insider yesterday and haven't received any shipping info. Can a PES rep let me know if they were processing orders today or do I have to wait until tomorrow/Monday?

Thanks.
They may not have been in yesterday. Plus, take into consideration the massive amount of orders they probably got. I got my shipping confirmation about 14 hours later. I would assume you'll hear something tomorrow, granted PES was in today.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
new PES Logo up top = DOPE
love it PES
thanks again for the insider.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I ordered from the insider yesterday and haven't received any shipping info. Can a PES rep let me know if they were processing orders today or do I have to wait until tomorrow/Monday? Thanks.
Hey, did you hear anything? I can follow up for you if you haven't. As mentioned below, we got quite the amount of orders! Just shoot me a PM and we'll get everything situated.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tried something new with my Snickerdoodle this morning, carbless mini muffins. I am dropping my carbs lower on my low carb days. I was making Snickerdoodle sludge and topping rice cakes with it. I didn't want plain sludge, so I decided to do something quick. I was surprised how well they rose despite there being no flour or pancake mix. Four ingredients; 1 scoop Snickerdoodle, 1 extra large egg, 14 grams olive oil, baking powder, cinnamon (optional), and a splash of water.

For all 3 - 304 cals/34g protein/1g carbs/21 grams fat

I had more with the meal, but just wanted to show the muffins.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Made something similar with no EVOO and made mini loaves.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Damn...
I ordered right away and mine won't be here until Friday.
Screw FedEx!!!!

My second order actually shipped quicker and will be here Monday.
Thanks USPS....

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
5 tubs in hand.... Today is a great day guys.. A day that marks history. Blondie will be consumed!! Thanks for everything PES

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
actually had some cash for supps this year, due to bonuses and 2 weeks pay for vacation that was never used. anywho, ordered two tubs of blondie from the insider. this will be my first experience with pes protein.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got another email about the insider. I already ordered 2, was that a sign to order more?!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weird, my tracking says estimated delivery on 1/13? 10 days Seems long for FL to TX???

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weird, my tracking says estimated delivery on 1/13? 10 days Seems long for FL to TX???
Same here and my order went out on 12/31. That doesn't seem right, so hopefully it updates or just shows up soon.

Nyrin

Awards
Same here and my order went out on 12/31. That doesn't seem right, so hopefully it updates or just shows up soon.
12/31 ship but 14th delivery estimated for me, granted further up to WA.

I get that the holiday backlogs things, but really, FedEx? I've procured better slow shipping internationally (from China, even!).

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
next insider

White Choc macadamia Select
New pre workout

+ custom apparel :D

would kill for a custom stringer like this with the new pes logo on it

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
ill take about 15 of those stringers... so many color combos

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
We don't get Blue Bunny in Columbus... They have so many amazing flavors

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Blue Bunny is complete garbage. I don't know how they can even call it ice cream. It's just a box filled with artificial chemicals.
Really? well thank you for saving me the time and money to go look and try to find some.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
Blue Bunny is complete garbage. I don't know how they can even call it ice cream. It's just a box filled with artificial chemicals.
haven't had it before just found on google. best one i have had here is from Connoisseur but isn't based of a wcm cookie had caramel mixed in. yet to find an ice cream that is

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
You have jenis and graeters you have no reason to touch blue bell which is far mediocre to that
Jenny's a block away from me.... They have some amazing and unique icecream. Good point good point. And you can watch graeters ice cream be made in there store easy way to kill time hahah

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Blondie soft serve ice cream with pb... Bomb.com

Trying it in cream of wheat, and cookie butter tomorrow