booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lol, that was one of the recipes picked for the cookbook that never was. That would have been an awesome cookbook.
Haha what ever happened to that idea??? Think it got lost with the pre that was supposed to come out around the same time ha

I could've sworn they even said it was being printed and right around the corner

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha what ever happened to that idea??? Think it got lost with the pre that was supposed to come out around the same time ha

I could've sworn they even said it was being printed and right around the corner
We never gave a date for it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
These have preparation instructions, to be enjoyed as specialty drinks

Not just another protein powder here

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
You mean the Select protein recipe book that's currently listed on the PES website?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's coffee with protein, not protein with caffeine.

To be made like you're making coffee, not using a shaker.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's coffee with protein, not protein with caffeine.

To be made like you're making coffee, not using a shaker.
What?

It literally says

"PROTEIN

With 100mg of natural caffeine"

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What?

It literally says

"PROTEIN

With 100mg of natural caffeine"
You missed the point I was getting at.

Again, it's to be made as if you were making coffee (iced, hot, frappe, etc) not a protein shake.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You missed the point I was getting at.

Again, it's to be made as if you were making coffee (iced, hot, frappe, etc) not a protein shake.
So I'm putting this in a coffee maker?

Because if it's a protein powder (which the label says it is), and it needs mixed like a protein powder (which I assume it will), then it's gonna go in a shaker.

And be a protein powder.

And have caffeine.

Like the label says.

I'm not missing the point at all. I quoted exactly what you said, and the label. And they're 100% conflicting ha. Cmon man. Not trying to start a battle but let's be honest about what it is, especially since it's right there on the front of the tub in big, bold letters haha

janson_kaniaz

janson_kaniaz

Awards
  • Established
only 20 servings?? are the tubs getting smaller these days?

janson_kaniaz

janson_kaniaz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah this is a miss for me. Not adding coffee to my supplement budget.
Not something new in the industry. Dymatize Elite whey has mocha flavor which also contains 100mg caffeine per serving.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Cannot wait to try the new Cafe series out. Huge coffee fan here.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. If it's a better price point then just adding coffee cold concentrate or 2 scoops of ON's energy mocha to vanilla protein I'm in but otherwise this isn't a staple for me.

sareea

Awards
So this protein coffee... I must cook it ? Cool !
Just wondering... What coffee did you put in there? Arabian ? Death wish coffee ?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

We have a cookbook on our website right now lol. https://pescience.com/select-protein-cookbook.html

Reminds me of this from the original Select recipe thread in 2014

Cubsfan's Caffeinated Cocktail

Required: Cubs Martini Glass and Cubs Shaker. No others allowed!

1 Scoop CnC Select Protein
4oz Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk
8oz Brewed coffee (some will be leftover)
1 Packet stevia

Optional: Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup

2.) Sprinkle stevia on a plate. Moisten the rim of a cocktail glass with water; hold glass upside down and dip rim into sugar mixture.
3.) Brew up some coffee, I used donut shop kcup
4.) Fill shaker 3/4 full of ice cubes
5.) Optional drizzle inside of martini glass with chocolate syrup
6.) Add the almond milk, select protein, coffee(around 4oz)
7.) Shake until the shaker has condensation on the outside
8.) Strain into martini glass

Non Alcoholic as shown Macros, made two servings:
Calories: 140
Fat: 2.75g
Pro: 24.5g
Carbs: 1.5g

That looks awesome. This is the kind of thing we were aiming for, to be enjoyed as a coffee rather than just a regular protein powder.

If it tastes good, I'm down. Starbucks Frappuccino is like 600+ calories. This could be interesting.
This is exactly the idea of us making these. :)

In terms of flavours, let's put it this way, I am not a coffee drinker but when I tried this I double ordered all flavours lol.

We are VERY confident in the flavouring on these.

Because if it's a protein powder (which the label says it is), and it needs mixed like a protein powder (which I assume it will), then it's gonna go in a shaker.

And be a protein powder.

And have caffeine.

Like the label says.

I'm not missing the point at all. I quoted exactly what you said, and the label. And they're 100% conflicting ha. Cmon man. Not trying to start a battle but let's be honest about what it is, especially since it's right there on the front of the tub in big, bold letters haha
Has someone urinated in your Corn Flakes? Chill out lol.

Yes, of course it is a protein powder. Yes, of course you can drink it as you wish.

However, the product has been specifically designed to be prepared as per instructions. Our flavour testing was with iced, hot and blended to guarantee that it tastes incredible like this.

We have not designed it to just be thrown in a shaker and chugged.

Sure, you can do it if you want but it isn't the way we designed the flavours.

only 20 servings?? are the tubs getting smaller these days?
Tubs aren't getting smaller these days lol.

Regular Select tubs are exactly the same as they have always been.

Cafe Series tubs have less servings in but they will also be at a lesser cost.

Cannot wait to try the new Cafe series out. Huge coffee fan here.
If I had known you were a big coffee fan, we could have had you as one of our five testers.

This image will help explain our product vision.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this the new product due to come out next week?
Yes sir. This will be next week.

We also have other new products in the pipeline scheduled before the end of this year. :)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

And be a protein powder.

And have caffeine.

Like the label says.

I know what the label states there partner.

Let's not get our panties in a bundle over a non issue.

Go with using a shaker, but don't complain when it doesn't come out the way it was designed to be made.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Wait until the Barista Union gets wind of this

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anxiously waiting on classic iced. Will this see wide spread release?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anxiously waiting on classic iced. Will this see wide spread release?
The insider for it should be next week. :)

We sent out tubs to a small handful of individuals to review thoroughly. As there are multiple methods of making each flavour it didn't make sense to just send out a couple of sample packets.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Guys, I'm sorry you took my posts as being "hostile" but I was really only thing to clarify that it's a protein powder with caffeine. We can now agree on that.
kbayne, you just misstated and I was simply questioning your unfortunate wording. I (and the rest of us) simply don't appreciate being talked to like we can't read and don't understand what the label explicitly states as fact.

Again, sorry this seemed to get out of hand but I just want to be clear that I think speak for a vast amount of us in saying that we had hoped for something a bit more unique rather than something that's already existed in other brands. Last I'll say about it tho ;)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
No harm, no foul

Thankfully more packages should arrive today and we will all start to see from the logs how well PEScience did with this.

I know most of my current protein tossed with ice wouldn't be anything special lol.
I am going to legit prepare these as a frappe, frappucino, and iced coffee (for Jana to test, I dislike coffee normally so am a poor judge)

But Caramel Macchiato has my name on it...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me just leave this here.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The insider for it should be next week. :)

We sent out tubs to a small handful of individuals to review thoroughly. As there are multiple methods of making each flavour it didn't make sense to just send out a couple of sample packets.
Will this one stay around on online retailers?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Let me just leave this here.

gotta say i love the flavors tho. wish they just didn't have that caff (or just make the choice to never sleep again haha)

Any chance these flavors might eventually make it to the stim free protein category?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
gotta say i love the flavors tho. wish they just didn't have that caff (or just make the choice to never sleep again haha)

Any chance these flavors might eventually make it to the stim free protein category?
You mean, you want decaffeinated caffeine-enhanced protein? WTF are you getting at here ;)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You mean, you want decaffeinated caffeine-enhanced protein? WTF are you getting at here ;)
like decaf coffee, you know? All the fun of coffee, without any of the fun of coffee haha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
This is the type of release people will be shelling out the bank rolls over. I know I will never be caught without this product in my stash. :D
we do?... I'm skeptical of another "staple" type product. They have quite a few and you really can only have so many "staples" without just saying "forget actually eating for health" haha

hoping gda ;)
based on what LiveToLift said... I guess it could be a staple no? "I will never be caught without this product in my stash"

what do you mean by GDA mate, sorry my lack of understanding :)

Zariph

Awards
is the new protein only new thing in the insider? please tell me there is more since i hate everything that taste the slightes like coffee

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
This is the type of release people will be shelling out the bank rolls over. I know I will never be caught without this product in my stash. :D
we do?... I'm skeptical of another "staple" type product. They have quite a few and you really can only have so many "staples" without just saying "forget actually eating for health" haha

hoping gda ;)
based on what LiveToLift said... I guess it could be a staple no? "I will never be caught without this product in my stash"

what do you mean by GDA mate, sorry my lack of understanding :)
LOOOOOOOOL I posted this without having a look to the other posts ahahahahhaha
GREAT!
so it was a staple :)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glucose disposal agent. Kind of like a nutrient partitioner for carbs.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I don't think all of these will taste heavy like coffee, more like the respective specialty drink photos

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
OOOhhhhhh yum. Love me a good coffee or 5.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's funny I love coffee, but I don't like anything that taste like coffee, but I still will try them !!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's funny I love coffee, but I don't like anything that taste like coffee, but I still will try them !!
haha im the oppostie... hate coffee, but dont mind and even quite enjoy a lot of coffee type flavors... especially the sickeningly sweet ones (which I'm assuming these will to lean towards!).

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Two different things FYI.
Yes, for sure. I was using voice and trying to be breif and we all know that brevity isn't my strong suit.

sareea

Awards
I always drink cooked arabian, tried it with select few times... didn't like it with cookies&cream,
With snickerdoodle it was cool but not awesome.

soooo no more leucine peptides in the select blend?
Good question... maybe because when you cook it the peptide bond dissolves ?