New Year New PH3 Goals

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just finished up my first PL comp of the year with a Push/Pull meet and I must say I was pretty happy about my numbers. Ended up going 5/6 DROPPING one of my bench attempts across my ribs. Lived and learned lol. Still swept my age group and cant wait for my next comp!!!

Results from the comp were:

Bench: 335lbs (365 fell out of my hand)
Deadlift: 570lbs

I weighed 240lbs last year when I did my first comp and weighed in at 218 for this one. Bench took a large dip on paper but I was only training it once a week focusing on the lower and had shoulder issues for a little bit that have healed up now.

Im looking into running the PH3 Template currently on day 2 and it seems ok so far. Weights are quite high rep wise so an added set to get my total volume wasn't too bad however im expecting a good amount of change coming soon!

I will be adding more soon just getting the ground work started here

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Supplement info from my current stack to whats on the way will be posted here

Current stack includes:
SUP3R PCT 5 caps 2x a day
LJ100 2 caps 2x daily
VITAL1TY 1 scoop first thing in the AM

Of course supplementing with protein and BCAAs throughout the day

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nutritional info and starting shots will be posted here.

Calories wont be anywhere near as lean as I kept it up to this point. Wont eat crap but these Carb cals are going to kill me.

Total Cals: 4633
P-249g
C-664g
F-109

My Carbs and Fats I can see may be hit and miss but not by too much. With continue using Myfitpal for consistency and my FitBit for daily ideas of how many cals I have used up. Compensating for what I burn has been my killer but I think I can make decent climbs and reach 230 by the end of March.

Looking to push myself up towards 230 soon!

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452908779.182622.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452908800.314971.jpg

Starting place shots and can't wait to keep thickening up

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
The ph3 routine I nicely set up and mixed of %based and volume

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
are you using the ph3 more as a strength program or bb as well? Really interested in that program as PHAT is my all time favorite.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The ph3 routine I nicely set up and mixed of %based and volume
Yea Ive done the math myself and seen the results of 2 others and I must say that Im fairly pleased

are you using the ph3 more as a strength program or bb as well? Really interested in that program as PHAT is my all time favorite.
Strength gains and depending on how my recovery and diet is looking Im guessing that will help push the overall composition and look. PHAT was awesome so I didnt see a reason not to give this a whirl.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 3:

Squat:
Squat 315x7x3 77.5%

Bench:
285x7x3 77.5%

Leg Hypertropy

Front Squat: occluded
135x15x3

Bb Lunges:
3x8

Hack Squat/Calf Raises:
135x12x4

Abs for 15mins following and hit the doors. Im honestly super sore and almost missed my last 2 reps of bench. No adjustments however and I made it. The sweat was real and finished in just over an hour. Tomorrow is a rest day so I will knock out some cardio and abs. Will recarb up as well

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sry on the lack of updates, flu week in the clinic and we had people out all week and this snowstorm made my day much longer than needed but training has still been right on track and I will say I believe the DL volume is the make or break it within this program thus far. Bench has been feeling ok recovery wise but the deep soreness in my back is no joke. Keeping the cals where they are and looking at increasing Mon if the soreness keeps up.

Week 2 Day 3: This was done yestersday as the snow shut the gym done before I got off work

Squat:
315x7x3

Bench:
285x7x3

Leg Hypertrophy:

Hack Squats: Front facing
180x12x2
270x10x2

Smith Calf Raises:
135x12
225x12
315x12x2

Bulagrian Split Squats:
x10
30x10x2

Hamstring Curls:
145x15
160x15
205x12
220x12x2

Core Work - Extension and Hip Mobility work to finish then I hit the doors.

Weather permitting I will have a Upper Hypertrophy day tomorrow.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sry on the lack of updates, flu week in the clinic and we had people out all week and this snowstorm made my day much longer than needed but training has still been right on track and I will say I believe the DL volume is the make or break it within this program thus far. Bench has been feeling ok recovery wise but the deep soreness in my back is no joke. Keeping the cals where they are and looking at increasing Mon if the soreness keeps up.

Week 2 Day 3: This was done yestersday as the snow shut the gym done before I got off work

Squat:
315x7x3

Bench:
285x7x3

Leg Hypertrophy:

Hack Squats: Front facing
180x12x2
270x10x2

Smith Calf Raises:
135x12
225x12
315x12x2

Bulagrian Split Squats:
x10
30x10x2

Hamstring Curls:
145x15
160x15
205x12
220x12x2

Core Work - Extension and Hip Mobility work to finish then I hit the doors.

Weather permitting I will have a Upper Hypertrophy day tomorrow.
Looks like a good sesh. BTW, your back taper looks crazy in the new Avi:bigok:

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like a good sesh. BTW, your back taper looks crazy in the new Avi:bigok:
Thanks man!!! Trying to get this back wider by the day!!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't believe I didn't see this sooner. I'm in, i'm very curious about running this myself.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone have this program in an excel or Google Spreadsheet?

I find it a pain in the ass to have to click on every single day on the calendar on BB.com to get that days routine.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I find it a pain in the ass to have to click on every single day on the calendar on BB.com to get that days routine.
Ha it's been asked a bunch. No one yet has. I said I would put it in when I run it though.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Can't believe I didn't see this sooner. I'm in, i'm very curious about running this myself.
Welcome on in man!!!

sub'd... looking forward to starting this routine myself in a couple months or so
Man...thanks for coming along for the ride, its becoming more and more brutal and this is just the warmup cycle

I will try to paste it soon

I'll sort you guys no nudes necessary lol
Nudes change the world man!!!

Well guys with all the snow in Va my days got all screwed up and I cant say im happy about it but I still got more work done than most so I feel ok about it. Running this regime with 2 other friends so we try to keep each other in check. I wont lie I will so miss a logging day or two here and there but started the year off busting my ass to get a new truck. Got to have goals!!! I just got too many :)

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Week 2 Day 6 Workout: Squats and Leg Hypertrophy

Bb Back Squat:
185x3
275x3
315x3

335x5x3
AMRAP=7!!! Ugh

Goodmornings:
135x8x4

Leg Press:
298x20x5

OH BB Squat:
45x10x3

Bulgarian Split Squat:
50x10x3

HyperExts: Bw
15x4

Bb Lunges:
135x8x5

Db Lat Lunges: Dbs in each hand
45x10

This workout kicked my ass

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Week 3- Day 1 Big 3 Work

Bb Back Squat: (72.5%)
205x5
265x5
295x9x3

Bb Bench: (72.5%)
225x5
245x5
265x9x3 Felt really strong here today!!!

Deadlift: (72.5%)
225x8
315x6
410x7x3 Holy Crap seriously sucks!

Did a few sets of arm supersets with some friends and hit the abs pretty hard for 15mins. Cardio tomorrow and pressing forward with a much needed Upper Day Hypertrophy day.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh man am I ever looking forward to running this! :D I like how Day 1 "light day" is sets of 9 of your 72.5% max on the squat. For me that's about 255 x 9. I've never attempted that before.. not for sets of 9. A light squat day for me is usually something like 225 x 5 x 5.

Btw guys, if you want spreadsheets, PM me your email addies. Not sure of any better ways to send it out, but lemme know..

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Week 3- Day 1 Big 3 Work

Bb Back Squat: (72.5%)
205x5
265x5
295x9x3

Bb Bench: (72.5%)
225x5
245x5
265x9x3 Felt really strong here today!!!

Deadlift: (72.5%)
225x8
315x6
410x7x3 Holy Crap seriously sucks!

Did a few sets of arm supersets with some friends and hit the abs pretty hard for 15mins. Cardio tomorrow and pressing forward with a much needed Upper Day Hypertrophy day.
Is there any direct arm work in the program or do you just do them on the days which you do the big 3? Are you two sets before your working sets just your warm up sets or does the program call for those sets at that rep range? What were your rest periods?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh man am I ever looking forward to running this! :D I like how Day 1 "light day" is sets of 9 of your 72.5% max on the squat. For me that's about 255 x 9. I've never attempted that before.. not for sets of 9. A light squat day for me is usually something like 225 x 5 x 5.

Btw guys, if you want spreadsheets, PM me your email addies. Not sure of any better ways to send it out, but lemme know..
I sent mine in the reps. Can send again if you missed it

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is there any direct arm work in the program or do you just do them on the days which you do the big 3? Are you two sets before your working sets just your warm up sets or does the program call for those sets at that rep range? What were your rest periods?
No Direct arm work unless its what you add in on the Upper Body Hypertrophy days but I dont really try to add too many of those in there. My WmUp sets before lifting wont have my percentage beside them. Some days it takes me a bit more to get in the groove especially lifting after work. My rest periods are what ive almost thrown out of the window. Deadlifts take so damn much out of me its sickening and the Higher VOLUME and frequency of it is def the most taxing area of this program so far. It hasnt gotten easier but def is improving my mental in knowing I can get through it and really focus on trying to keep form from the first and last rep. Not an easy task in the least. Usually try to keep it around 90 seconds or when my partner loads, lifts, and unloads, but we literally have to take a little extra time.

Balthazar

Awards
nice lifts my friend, 315 to 410 is a huge jump in those deadlifts no wonder you're taking a little extra rest time

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today was a rest day.

Yesterdays Workout was an Upper Body Hypertrophy day but had a work meeting to go to so I just blasted a hard 35min session

Pullups: Weighted
Bwx12
25x10
35x10
45x8x2
Bwx8

Lateral Delt Raises:
20x15
25x15x2
30x12x2

Bb Bent Over Rows:
225x8x4

Seated Db Shoulder Press:
70x12x4

Underhand Close Lat Pulldowns:
205x10x2
245x10x3

Rear Delt Flys: Bent over head supported on bench
20x12x3

FacePulls:
50x12x3

No cardio, no abs, off to my meeting lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sent out the spreadsheet tonight guys. If I missed anyone, or if anyone else wants a copy, PM me..

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sent out the spreadsheet tonight guys. If I missed anyone, or if anyone else wants a copy, PM me..
Got it, but I already had that. Someone on Reddit made it when the program first came out. I was looking for one with the hypertrophy work in the template. When I get some time, I'll have to read the program again and then add the hypertrophy reps and sets.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I believe the hypertrophy work will be very individual on this program as it's sole focus is the big 3, and the hypertrophy work is just assistance. Best to add it in yourself based on your goals, but the power portion is very strict on percentages.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3 days worth of updates on the way fellas!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Week 3-Day 2 was an Upper Hypertrophy day

Bb Shoulder Press:
135x12x3
155x12x2

Lat Pulldowns:
140x12
160x12
200x10x3

Bb Shrugs:
225x15x3

HS High Pulldown:
90x10x2
135x10x3

Db Pullovers:
80x12x3
100x10x3

Hit the Abs fairly hard and hit the doors!

Day 3 (01/29/16)

Bb Bench:
135x3
225x3
275x3
285x7x4 (Ok these sucked)

Bb Back Squat:
225x3
275x3
315x7x3
315x5x1 took and break and finished 3 more reps

Front Squats:
135x12
185x12
205x12x2

Db Deadlifts:
50x10x3

Hack Squats:
270x12x4

Bulgarian Squats:
60x10x3

500 reps with the jump rope and hit the doors

30th was a rest day

Day 5

Deadlifts:
225x1
315x3
365x2
405x3
455x3
495x4x2
495x4 Couldnt get another rep if i was being paid >D

Bench:
225x3
275x3
315x5x3
315x6 Got one rep over

Hit a Cluster to finish my upper body hypertrophy. Not enough time for cardio so I had to blast away-
Used a 20/20 ratio and completed 10 rounds of it. Soaked my shirt and felt accomplished

Weighted Pullups-25lbs
Arnold Press-50lbs
Diamond Decline Pushups
Inverted Row
Weighted Hold

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In before "all gains made, thread over"
The pursuit of my Abomination frame will never be complete im sure!

I believe the hypertrophy work will be very individual on this program as it's sole focus is the big 3, and the hypertrophy work is just assistance. Best to add it in yourself based on your goals, but the power portion is very strict on percentages.
I highly agree here. I try not to overload myself too much but the exercise selection will def. fit each person differently.

Got it, but I already had that. Someone on Reddit made it when the program first came out. I was looking for one with the hypertrophy work in the template. When I get some time, I'll have to read the program again and then add the hypertrophy reps and sets.
Any luck?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Feeling pretty beaten and broken :) I cant lie I dont know if my legs are swollen but I really should have taken circumference measurements because I feel like my legs are huge. Not so at 6'3 but Im working on it lol. Sleep has been a major issue but hasnt truly hurt my physically yet. Just the stressors of life and they will pass. I have left my Cal intake at 4800 for the moment but the hunger hasnt subsided. Truly amazes me is that I can wait up at 2am starving and wont be able to go back to bed. Recoverys not too bad. I m sore as crap but I can push through and move the weight.

Hardest thing by far is still the deadlift volume and the tightness in the back. My erectors are so pumped all the time and I can feel a def improvement there. Gotta keep at it!!!

Balthazar

Awards
man, looking real strong all around! i feel like with your pull down strength is so good you could probably do a pull up and be able to launch yourself up over the bar. also, your front squats after tough back squats is making mine look pretty lackluster lol, i might be a bit jelly.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The pursuit of my Abomination frame will never be complete im sure!

I highly agree here. I try not to overload myself too much but the exercise selection will def. fit each person differently.

Any luck?
Looking strong my friend!

I looked on bb.com and the hyper days are laid out nicely. It won't take long for me to add it to the template Gutter provided. I am going to start after this trainig cycle or after the next two training cycles. Just looking at the percentages and reps in the first phase scares me though!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pm sent. You the man!! And awesome work gong on in here

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
man, looking real strong all around! i feel like with your pull down strength is so good you could probably do a pull up and be able to launch yourself up over the bar. also, your front squats after tough back squats is making mine look pretty lackluster lol, i might be a bit jelly.
Thanks man! Thats actually the only way I can do Muscleups lol. I either get it from the pull or its not happening. No being jelly, actually I dont even know why I love them that way soo much lol.

I looked on bb.com and the hyper days are laid out nicely. It won't take long for me to add it to the template Gutter provided. I am going to start after this trainig cycle or after the next two training cycles. Just looking at the percentages and reps in the first phase scares me though!
The percentages still feel crazy but I swear its mind over matter and the body will respond if you rest, eat, and be honest with the intensity.

Pm sent. You the man!! And awesome work gong on in here
Thanks man!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Make sure to add prehab / corrective stuff in there too! Honestly this program is scaring me a bit now but I've got a few nagging injuries lol

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
02/01/16

Big 3 Day: This day felt more like a deload then anything! I will say it was supposed to be a rest day but I need to get my taxes in tomorrow so I pushed the envelope a bit here.

Bb Back Squats: (80%)
135x3
225x3
275x3
315x3
325x4x4 Holy Heavy and my erectors are tight!

Deadlifts: (75%)
225x3
315x3
405x3
425x4x2 Probably the best my deads have felt intensity and form wise

Bb Bench: (80%)
225x5
275x5
295x4x4 Was supposed to be at 290 but this was just easier

No added work as I had to go but will go for a run and hit abs tomorrow on my downtime.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My sleep has still been extremely ****ty. I really don't know why but I know without a doubt I barely got an hour with my eyes fully closed. Oh well. My body feels amazing and went ahead and am dropping 2 scoops for this Upper Body workout! Can't slow down now I have goals in mind and damnit I can't be stopped!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Took yesterday as a full rest day! Felt good and lead to studpid crap in the gym today!

Biked for 8mins
UBE 3/3 F/B

RT Cuff WmUp as I feel my shoulders need every bit they can get.

Bb Shoulder Press:
135x10
155x10
185x10x3 Ya know havent done that in forever!

Bb Bent Over Rows:

185x6x2
225x6
275x6x2

HS Pulldown: Forget the starting weight all the time
90x10
115x10
135x10x3

Db Side Raises:
20x15x4

Db Front Raises:
30x10x3

HS Seated Row: Uni
135x12x3
180x10x3 Felt like showing off because the strength wouldnt stop rolling

Seated EZ Bar Rows:

180x10x2
200x10x3

Arnold Press:
60x12x2
75x12x2

Seated Db Shrugs:
60x15x2
75x15x2

Hit my abs without mercy today, to the point I wanted to throwup and I loved it. Kinda got carried away today but the strength just kept rolling and the weight honestly was no challenge at that time. im excited for tomorrow!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man do I suck at updates!!!

Lots of things coming and going the last week but man guys lifes good!

Just starting into phase 2 of the PH3 Program and after my last AMRAP day I am a little impressed but theres still alot of work to do. Will fill in that day soon and been feeling extremely well. Time to turn things up a notch!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man ol man your gna love what I got coming in guys!!!