New Topic of the Week: Best Tasting Yet Healthy Protein Bars

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Cinnamon Roll by Oh yeah
Iced Cinnamon Crunch by My Bar

Both >>>> MusclePharm

The real GOAT of Cinnamon is Cinnamon Twist Fit Crunch, and NOTHING comes close.
That seals it, then. Roll the credits. I'm going to eat the **** out of those. Thanks for the info, by the way.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

ProSupps MyCookie White Chocolate Chip

Taste

White Chocolate Chip – The cookie provides an underwhelming dark chocolate flavor. This icing reminded me of a sweet cream icing, but the chocolate flavor had a touch of bitterness to it that lasted into the aftertaste. The chocolate flavoring does need improved on this one, and there is barley any white chocolate chips. The soft texture helps in the flavoring to give it a brownie like resemblance, but the chocolate is too faint to really stick out to other chocolate-based protein snacks on the market.

Texture

Take a protein bar and cram it into the shape of a cookie. These are very soft but dense. Very similar to the MyBar and how the inside has a brownie like texture, the same aspect carried to the cookies. The outside has a small hint of the glaze that covers the MyBar’s to correlate to the flavor of the cookie. Yes they are soft and have a good consistency to them, but don’t be fooled it's a protein bar in the form of a circle and labeled a cookie.

Macros

For all the ProSupps MyCookie’s they are the same macros:

8g Fat
36g Carbs
18g Protein

Each cookie uses Brown Rice Flour to give this a very soft brownie like texture.
White Chocolate Wafers are included to give the white chocolate flavoring.
WPI / WPC protein blend makes up the 18g of protein in the cookie.
Soy protein isolate may turn some fans away who absolutely despise soy.
Fat content is high from vegetables oil’s, margarine, and palm oil. These also help with the texture of the product.
All MyCookie’s are Gluten Free

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

ProSupps MyCookie Chocolate Chip

Taste

Chocolate Chip – I enjoyed this one over the White chocolate chip for a few reasons. Both cookies are very soft in texture that gives you a fresh baked cookie vibe. The regular chocolate chip has the chocolate chip flavor and a small hint of cookie dough aftertaste. There are present chocolate chips in this one compared to the white chocolate which barley had any. The chocolate glaze is great and gives you a milk chocolate tone that meshes with the cookie to form a great complimentary taste.

Texture

Take a protein bar and cram it into the shape of a cookie. These are very soft but dense. Very similar to the MyBar and how the inside has a brownie like texture, the same aspect carried to the cookies. The outside has a small hint of the glaze that covers the MyBar’s to correlate to the flavor of the cookie. Yes they are soft and have a good consistency to them, but don’t be fooled it's a protein bar in the form of a circle and labeled a cookie.

Macros

8g Fat
36g Carbs
18g Protein

Each cookie uses Brown Rice Flour to give this a very soft brownie like texture.
Fat content is high from vegetables oil’s, margarine, and palm oil. These also help with the texture of the product.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw on Instagram that these are '4g net carbs'... How with 12g of sugar lmfao
They do not count allulose in the net carbs, i think.

Fishermanzz2

Awards
I like the ones they try to turn into brownies. They always seem to taste the best to me.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

ProSupps MyCookie Red Velvet

Taste

Red Velvet – Red Velvet is one of my flavors I enjoy from time to time, but for some reason many companies have a hard time nailing the flavor. Upon first bite of the Red Velvet MyCookie the base resembled almost an identical taste of the chocolate chip base with white chocolate chip cookies meshed together. There is a small white glaze on the top of the cookie that gives a cream cheese vibe, but the flavor is very subtle. Overall I expected to get a dense cocoa flavor with a cream cheese balance, but that is a far cry. Overall if you are looking for a strong red velvet flavor the Red Velvet MyCookie is far from that. If you took a bite with your eyes closed you would think it is one of the original flavors off the line.

Texture

Macros

8g Fat
36g Carbs
18g Protein

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Snap Nutrition Caramel Pretzel Protein Bar

Taste

Caramel Pretzel - The caramel provides the right amount of flavor, and the aftertaste of the pretzel saltiness is a nice touch. Both flavors compliment each other well, but are not going to blow you away as a low calorie snack. The incredibly soft rice krispy treat center provides a nice touch that enhances the overall experience. A good flavor, I still rank Chocolate Peanut Butter the best off the line.

Formula

Calories - 160, 6g Fat, 18g Carbs, 15g Protein. For a low calorie snack this fits the bill, and it also has 8g of fiber to help with curbing appetite and hunger. This packs a bit more calories then a quest cereal bar, but worth it for the flavor and texture.

Texture

The bar is very soft and the inside has a Rice Krispy treat makeup. Just touching it with my finger the bar started to break.

Cost

You can grab a box for around $14 for 7 bars. While $2 a bar is pretty common on the protein market this is very convenient and competitive to other major brands. For the texture and taste these are worth it. Not to mention they pack more flavor then a quest cereal bar at the expense of some more calories.

Kolorado

Awards
I usually take Cliff Protein bars with me when I go to the field for the army. They're pretty damn good and like 20-something protein and low fat.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Fitjoy Grandma Lemon Square

Taste

Grandma Lemon Square – First off I am not a huge lemon fan, but if I can tolerate something lemon that speaks volume. These Fitjoy bars are a perfect replica of a lemon square dessert. Upon first bite you get a dense lemon flavor that has a zesty taste lingering upon your taste buds. The frosting on the bars provides a luscious aftertaste that has a sugary vibe to it. You also get a slight hint of the crust of a lemon square that rounds all aspects of the dessert. Fitjoy really did a good job here as I would rate this as one of their best flavors bars on their line. If you are a fan of lemon this will be a homerun.

Texture
Fitjoy bars are on the soft side. If you let them sit out at room temperature you can pierce them with your fingers. They are a touch harder than the old Mission 1 bars which are like laffy taffy. If you enjoy soft bars this is right up your alley. If you let these sit out they can virtually melt in the heat or humidity. They are a touch softer than Oh Yeah One and Dymatize Bars.

Formula

7g Fat
25g Carbs
20g Protein
11g Fiber

A very well balanced bar with macros and calories. One major thing I enjoy is the 4g of sugars. Some protein bars are very high in sugar alcohols which can cause excessive bloating. Fitjoy is also and is free of GMO’s, gluten, artificial flavors, colors, and sweeteners which a lot of people may enjoy, and find them easier to digest.

Cost
A box of 12 bars you can find for around $20-25 which is very reasonable. Most places will charge around $2 a bar, and if on special it is reduced to around $1.50. Fitjoy is cost effective and are a huge seller on the market since they were introduced. These are priced very fair and competitive with the other major brand names like MuscleTech, Oh Yeah, Prosupps, and Quest.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
When you guys count carb intake do you minus out dietary fiber?

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Count everything. Fiber still has calories and is digested.
thanks that is what I have always done, some people don't so wanted to double check with the experts...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
thanks that is what I have always done, some people don't so wanted to double check with the experts...
Well you have to realize it is still digested in the small intestine and yes it does still have calories. While it may not be the full 4 kcals/gram it still holds merit. If you want to go the whole net carb whatever I don't trust these protein bars and labels to be 100% honest with you. I have a diabetic client who monitors his blood glucose levels. Quest bars are supposed to be mostly fiber and minimal carbs (net carbs). yet this protein bar spikes his blood glucose levels higher then other bars on the market that have more carbs and less fiber. Again.. just from my standpoint, calories are calories. if your going to count them, you may as well count all of them and be on the side of error. My 2 cents.

mytreefiddy

mytreefiddy

Awards
Hands down...Best Bar Ever has the best profile... Period... Its actual FOOD... I buy the Meadows Edition......

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
�� Oh Yeah One Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Bar (New)
�� The flavoring of the bar is a combination of a smooth and rich peanut butter. This bar also packs a similar base from the chocolate birthday cake bar without the sprinkles. The chocolate could of been denser (think chocolate brownie) to give this a better peanut butter to chocolate ratio. Since the rebranding of the bars they have also lowered their sugar alcohol count which left a lot of people bloated. Most are now in the 4-6g Range instead of 10g+. This easily cracks my top 5 One Bars. If you are basic and love peanut butter and chocolate you will enjoy this bar.
�� Top 5 One Bars -- 1. Birthday Cake, 2. Maple Glazed Donut, 3. Cinnamon Roll, 4. Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake, 5. Almond Bliss
��Grade: 8.5/10

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Quest Birthday Cake Bar

Flavor

"Birthday Cake Flavored Coated Protein Bar". Quest has been one of the most known companies on the protein bar market, but are late to the game on a Birthday Cake flavored bar. Quest has only coated their pumpkin bar in the past which was easily their worst flavor ever created, but this one was much better. The coating is basically a vanilla glaze similar to what you would find in the vanilla caramel hero bar. The coating congeals together with the birthday cake flavored bar. The bar itself tastes very artificial, and has no resemblance of a vanilla cake flavor (like all birthday cake flavored products). Quest bars are on the harder side out of the wrapper compared to a one bar, fit elite, or fitjoy bar. Overall the One bar is still king, but then again most of them taste identical with such a small variance.

Grade: 5/10

Macros
5g Fat
25g Carbs
21g Protein
14g Fiber

Ranking of Birthday Cake Bars
1.Oh Yeah One Bar
2.NitroTech Crunch
3. Fitjoy
4. Combat Crunch
5. FitCrunch
6. Quest
7. FitElite

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Is there anywhere you can purchase online and get single serves of protein bars? I don't want to buy 12 bars but one of various flavors/companies.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Olympus Labs Peanut Butter Protein Bar Review

Taste

Peanut Butter - Upon opening the wrapper it looks like a chocolate-coated protein bar with a peanut butter drizzle, crushed up nuts, a layer of filling and the peanut butter base. The outer shell has mild and dull chocolate flavoring. The chocolate is actually the least dominant flavor in the protein bar. The peanut butter drizzle is hardly noticed because the nuts provide so much saltiness and crunch to the top layer. The peanut butter base is dry and does not provide a strong creamy peanut butter flavor. I was hoping for a stronger and creamier peanut butter flavor, but it never came through the more I ate the bar. The protein bar is surmounted by the nutty flavoring with the crushed up nuts on top, and the chocolate and peanut butter and lost in the mix. Olympus Labs did a great job with the top coating of the bar (Crushed nuts), but I never found a good peanut butter or chocolate flavor .The peanut butter seemed chalky and the chocolate was hard to pick up.

Texture
The protein bars from Olympus labs are large (almost 90g) in weight, and they have a similar texture to a FitCrunch. You are presented with a rich outer coating and a very soft center on the inside. The crushed up nuts on the outside help enhance the crunch in the bar. Even right out of the wrapper the inside resembles a brownie like consistency. For those who like Fit Crunch, Nitro-Tech Crunch, Combat Crunch, or MyBar’s this is very similar to all of those bars in Texture. I personally like these the best because they give you the best of both worlds chewy & crunchy.

Formula
Since this is a beta test the only thing I can comment on is the macros on the wrapper
Calories - 350
Protein – 30g
Carbs –33g
Fat – 16g
Fiber – 2g
Sugar – 4g

What you are presented with is a MRP type protein bar. Again these resemble FtiCrunch in macros with the higher fat and carbohydrate intake. What is nice is a whopping 30g of protein where most bars are falling in the 20g range.

Knowing Olympus labs the formula will be top notch as they are a company who thinks outside the box.

Cost

I do not have any information on pricing for these bars, but if you know OL they have a lot of 50% off sales and great intro sales. I would keep my eye out when these launch to get them at a very affordable price.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

VPX Zero Impact Legendary Pumpkin Supreme Bar

Taste

Legendary Pumpkin Supreme - Being I am a huge basic B, I had some high hopes regarding this bar since I love everything pumpkin. Sad to say this is just as bad as Quest Pumpkin which is one of the most bland and disgusting tasting things I have had. This protein bar had no flavor to it at all that resembles pumpkin. Overall the bar is chalky, bland, and provides no flavor. There are small little pieces scattered throughout the bar that provide no flavor just a crunch to the soft texture. I can't say enough bad things about this bar but to avoid at all costs. Invest in Fitjoy Pumpkin or Oh Yeah One Pumpkin bars above this one.

Texture

These bars are extremely soft. You can puncture them with your fingers just touching them. They are easy to break and very convenient for those who like to eat them right out of the wrapper. You won't need to microwave these to get them to taste better (like some bars on the market). If these were around in hot or humid climates I am curious to see if they would melt a bit due to how fragile and soft the bar is. Overall if you like a very soft protein bar this fits the bill.

Formula

200 Calories
9g Fat
18g Carbs
20g Protein

Protein Blend is : WPI, MPI, Calcium Casein, and Hydro WPI
Fat Matrix : Sunflower butter, almond butter, and almond oil
Iso-Malto oligosaccharide (100% natural pre-biotic fiber), ground cinnamon, pumpkin powder, sea salt, stevia

Its a great profile to a protein bar, but given how this tastes it is hard to justify trying to scarf these down.

Cost

Around $27 for a box of 12. Given the formula of the product it is much better then a majority on the market that have a lot of artificial sugars and flavors. Seeing these are a touch higher then quest bars, oh yeah one bars, my bars, nitrotech crunch, and other top selling brands I would have to shy away from these after my experience with this flavor. These are a touch higher per bar then most bars on the market.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Sinister Labs SinFit Protein Bar Reviews

Taste

Chocolate Crunch - Rich chocolate flavor that tastes like a milk chocolate bar (Hershey). The middle has a soft texture and resembles a brownie. Think about a chocolate-coated brownie with a hint of dark chocolate in the aftertaste. This one packs a punch!

Cinnamon Crunch - This bar reminds me of a cinnamon twist From FitCrunch/MusclePharm. The biggest difference in this one is how smooth the cinnamon flavor is. The icing glaze on top is the best aspect to this bar to replicate icing on a cinnamon roll. There is a slight buttery undertone like a fresh baked good to make this a well rounded bar.

Peanut Butter Crunch - This is right there with a Peanut Butter Fit crunch as the densest peanut butter bar I ever had. The peanut butter is rich, creamy, and packs a salty aftertaste. What is unique in this bar is small crunchy peanut butter pieces that are underneath the glaze. A small chocolate glaze is layered on top but is faint due to how bold the peanut butter taste is.

Texture

The texture on these is very close to a FitCrunch, MyBar, and NitroTech Crunch Bar. The outside glaze provides a delicious flavor and a crunch. The middle is a very soft brownie like texture. These bars are becoming very popular because they give you the best of both worlds. Another nice thing about these is they do need to be microwaved,(quest) and they are not so soft you can piece them with your fingers (Fitjoy, Mission 1).

Formula

Per Bar:
Calories ~ 350
16g Fat
28g Carbs
30g Protein

The macro profile is very similar to FitCrunch in calories. This was also very similar to the Olympus Labs bar in which I got to beta-test. The protein is made up of WPC and WPI. What some consumers may not like is the added vegetable oils to the bar but that does help with the fat content. Corn syrup may raise an eye, but what I like is these are not very heavy fiber bars, which can settle very heavy and give me digestion problems. These are flavored with sucralose and have added maltodextrin to enhance the sweetness of the flavor.

Cost

This is what may scare some people away. In grocery stores you can find them for around $2.50-3, and if you order them direct on their webpage its $35 for 12 bars. For an average protein bar consumer $3 may be pushing the budget for an on the go meal replacement bar. Remember if you want one of the best tasting protein bars you will get what you pay for. The calories are higher, so it is not a small snack like a quest bar, or a Snap Nutrition Bar that is less than 200 calories. These are filling and will hold you over for another meal. For how good these tastes I would highly suggest picking them up.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^ have heard great things about those SinFit bars so your review falls right in line with that

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^ have heard great things about those SinFit bars so your review falls right in line with that
Those are even better than Fit Crunch bars. Pretty sure these are made in the same exact factory by way of being literally a relabeled & reflavored Fit Crunch bar. Very similar texture, almost exact actually, just different flavoring ingredients.

I believe these are something Flex Lewis has invested into so I’m positively biased towards them because he is one of the good men in this industry.

Although I feel the name and logo is tacky. But then again, I think marketing “sinful” products in general is tacky, if not downright strange. Halloween reminds me how deep into strangeness the human psyche can go.

If I recall, the flavors I enjoyed from greatest to least was:

-Caramel Crunch
-Cinnamon Crunch
-Peanut Butter
-Chocolate Crunch

But I should say, I’ve rarely ever placed a chocolate-flavored anything at the top in preference. I never reach for it first but usually tolerate it long enough to give it a chance. Just a boring flavor by itself, to me anyways.

Sinfit bars are arguably the best meal replacement protein bars in the main stream. I’m sure there are some fringe boutique-type bars that are $4-8 a pop that can rival it but for all practical applications this is the best 350+ calorie bar you can shove in your mouth.

Now, they still don’t hold a candle to Oh YEAH! One bars for overall texture & flavor and nothing much compares to those ON Cake Bites microwaved for about 10 seconds as the texture of those is so on point that the thing could be unflavored with only sugar added and it’s still be great. But the consumer group between those products and Sinfit only partially overlap.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those are even better than Fit Crunch bars. Pretty sure these are made in the same exact factory by way of being literally a relabeled & reflavored Fit Crunch bar. Very similar texture, almost exact actually, just different flavoring ingredients.

I believe these are something Flex Lewis has invested into so I’m positively biased towards them because he is one of the good men in this industry.

Although I feel the name and logo is tacky. But then again, I think marketing “sinful” products in general is tacky, if not downright strange. Halloween reminds me how deep into strangeness the human psyche can go.

If I recall, the flavors I enjoyed from greatest to least was:

-Caramel Crunch
-Cinnamon Crunch
-Peanut Butter
-Chocolate Crunch

But I should say, I’ve rarely ever placed a chocolate-flavored anything at the top in preference. I never reach for it first but usually tolerate it long enough to give it a chance. Just a boring flavor by itself, to me anyways.

Sinfit bars are arguably the best meal replacement protein bars in the main stream. I’m sure there are some fringe boutique-type bars that are $4-8 a pop that can rival it but for all practical applications this is the best 350+ calorie bar you can shove in your mouth.

Now, they still don’t hold a candle to Oh YEAH! One bars for overall texture & flavor and nothing much compares to those ON Cake Bites microwaved for about 10 seconds as the texture of those is so on point that the thing could be unflavored with only sugar added and it’s still be great. But the consumer group between those products and Sinfit only partially overlap.
What's your favorite cake bite flavor?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What's your favorite cake bite flavor?
Birthday Cake >> Blueberry >> Mint >> Donut >> Red Velvet >> Cherry

Thats my preference. But you shouldnt need to microwave a protein bar or a cake bite to have a good tasting product.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Birthday Cake >> Blueberry >> Mint >> Donut >> Red Velvet >> Cherry

Thats my preference. But you shouldnt need to microwave a protein bar or a cake bite to have a good tasting product.
Well no, you missed the point I was making.

An unmicrowaved cake bite is still better than any of the protein bars I’ve tried, which is most of the ones worth mentioning.

But when you microwave the bites for just 10 seconds, the comparison becomes unfair to other protein bars. It’s not even close how much better they are. To suggest that a protein bar should have points docked for tasting considerably better when slighly heated up even though it still comfortably holds the #1 spot in texture without microwaving downplays the part where we get a protein product that dominates and then doubly dominates when heated up, which was even an intentional design feature of the product!

Red Velvet —> Blueberry —> Mint —> Birthday cake —> Cherry —> Donut

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Sinister Labs SinFit Protein Bar Review

Taste

Caramel Crunch - When opening the wrapper you see a caramel glaze with white icing on top of the bar. First bite was incredibly rich and packed with sweetness like eating a caramel sauce you would buy in the grocery store. The small white lines resemble an icing in flavor. The added richness reminds me of a glaze on top of a cinnamon roll. The inside is soft and resembles that of a brownie (just like all the other flavors). I started to get vibes of a butterscotch flavor the more I bit into the protein bar. When it comes to flavor if you enjoy a sweet caramel & Butterscotch combination this will be right at the top of your list of must buy protein bars.

Texture

The texture on these is very close to a FitCrunch, MyBar, and NitroTech Crunch Bar. The outside glaze provides a delicious flavor and a crunch. The middle is a very soft brownie like texture. These bars are becoming very popular because they give you the best of both worlds. Another nice thing about these is they do need to be microwaved,(quest) and they are not so soft you can piece them with your fingers (Fitjoy, Mission 1).

Formula

Per Bar:
Calories ~ 350
16g Fat
28g Carbs
30g Protein

The macro profile is very similar to FitCrunch in calories. This was also very similar to the Olympus Labs bar in which I got to beta-test. The protein is made up of WPC and WPI. What some consumers may not like is the added vegetable oils to the bar but that does help with the fat content. Corn syrup may raise an eye, but what I like is these are not very heavy fiber bars, which can settle very heavy and give me digestion problems. These are flavored with sucralose and have added maltodextrin to enhance the sweetness of the flavor.

Cost

This is what may scare some people away. In grocery stores you can find them for around $2.50-3, and if you order them direct on their webpage its $35 for 12 bars. For an average protein bar consumer $3 may be pushing the budget for an on the go meal replacement bar. Remember if you want one of the best tasting protein bars you will get what you pay for. The calories are higher, so it is not a small snack like a quest bar, or a Snap Nutrition Bar that is less than 200 calories. These are filling and will hold you over for another meal. For how good these tastes I would highly suggest picking them up.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Animal SNAK Protein Bars Review

Taste

Rich Chocolate Peanut Butter – This bar is a duo of peanut butter and chocolate glaze. What I do appreciate is how each flavor is in an equal ratio, which smothers your taste buds with both flavors. The chocolate is dense and packs a bold flavor, while the peanut butter is creamy and smooth. Take a Reese peanut butter cup and mesh it into a protein bar with all natural ingredients. This is the closest thing I could compare it to. Very well done!

Peanut Butter, Honey & Oats – The coating on the bar is a pure peanut butter flavor. Since the Animal Snak bar uses nothing but natural flavors you can taste the creaminess and density of the peanut butter. Once you dig into the bar the raw oatmeal texture is noticed as well as the sweetness of the honey in the aftertaste. Each flavor compliments each other perfectly as nothing overpowers one element. All in all a very good bar that really hits each aspect as expected.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips – The coating on this bar is very similar to Peanut Butter, Honey & Oats. The major difference to this bar is it is packed with chocolate chips and chopped peanuts. The texture of the crunchy peanuts and chocolate chips mesh very well with the rich peanut butter glaze. You get the saltiness of the peanuts to help increase the amount of flavor each component provides. Overall I really liked this bar because of the huge chocolate chips and peanuts, and most of all because I am a peanut butter junkie.

Double Chocolate Brownie – The milk chocolate coating and moist brownie aspect of the bar really created a fantastic one two punch. If you are not a diehard chocolate lover this bar may be too strong to your liking. What I do enjoy is the mixture of dark and milk chocolate that encompass the bar. The inside texture is soft and provides the brownie texture you would get in a SinFit and Fticrunch bar. The surmounting amount of chocolate is like you are chewing on fresh fudge.

Texture

For an all-natural protein bar these are extremely soft, and by soft I mean you can puncture them with your fingers. I figured these would be dense like a FitCrunch, SinFit, or a MuslceTech NitroTech Crunch, but that is not the case. The bar has a nice coating/glaze on top that provides extra flavor and richness. Overall I like these because right out of the wrapper they are great to eat. Some protein bars are a little too hard which require you to either let them sit out in the heat or be microwaved to be tolerable. Then there are some companies who are too soft they taste like laffy taffy. You could heat them up for a few seconds to have the glaze melt, but not necessary.

Formula

Per Bar:
Calories ~ 350-375
12-15 G Fat
34-39g Carbs
6g Fiber
25-27g Protein

Animal Snak uses whole food ingredients like rolled oats, peanut butter, and protein from milk. They also use real honey into the formula and mix these in kitchen aid mixers. These provide up to 27g of protein a bar with no artificial flavors or sweeteners. Some people get a lot of bloating on protein bars due to high sugar alcohols. Since there are no added sugars, which help this, will digest very easy. Animal Snak was made to be an effective meal replacement bar that resembles whole food. Animal did a great job on doing so.

Cost

Box of 12 - $18.80
Singles - $2
Animal Snak had an intro sale of 20% off a box (~$24) making them around $1.56 if you bought a case of 12. For a protein bar that resembles a whole food formula make up and packs a ton of quality calories it's a very hard deal to pass up. If you just want to try out one bar you can find them for around $2 on multiple webpages. That is going to be cheaper then picking up anything local in a grocery store, which is a fantastic deal. Given the flavor, profile, and texture of these bars I would highly suggest them for someone who wants a very easy digesting and great tasting product.

TheButtman

Awards
I saw people talking about Meadow's Best Bar Ever, but Google yields nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm usually a fan of Quest and One bars.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Redcon1 MRE Bars Review

Taste

Blueberry Cobbler –A cobbler is blueberry dish covered with a batter, dumpling, or biscuit crust.. You do taste a small portion of oatmeal in the aftertaste, but you get a bold buttery undertone and a fresh blueberry flavor. The density of both the blueberry and the crust of a cobbler compliment each other perfectly. The balance in this bar is fantastic, and there is no artificial taste, which is common with fruity flavors on the market. This beats the One Blueberry Bar and Quest Blueberry by a mile.

Banana Nut Bread –The banana flavor shines upon the initial bite. The banana flavor is rich and lasts all the way through the aftertaste. The nut flavor is a faded in the aftertaste. The texture plays perfectly with this flavor as the outside has that smooth banana flavor and the inside provides the complimenting crunch of a nut. The only other bar I could compare this to is Quest, and it is hands down light years better.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip – There are small little chunks of oats on the inside of the bar as the outside provides the chocolate chip glaze. The milk chocolate is outstanding. With how rich and bold the flavor is it helps amplify the filling of the oats. The texture is identical to eating a fudgy no bake cookie. This is the clear-cut winner of the three, and an absolute home run. If you were to choose one flavor I would pick this one with ease!

Texture

The texture of the protein bar is very similar to a MP’s Combat Crunch Bar, Grenade Carb Killa, and ProSupps MyBar The outside is layered with a coating and small crispies to help enhance the texture. The inside has a soft consistency even with the whole food makeup of the bar. The inside is not like a brownie as the Fit Crunch and SinFit bar resemble. Overall the crunchy outside shell and smooth inside give it a great one two punch to get the best of both worlds.

Formula

260 Calories
9g Fat
29g Carbs
6g Fiber
20g Protein

Just like the MRE Powder the protein sources are made up of chicken, beef isolate, salmon, and Egg. The major carb sources are rolled oats, blueberries, yams, and sweet potatoes. RedCon1 markets this as a whole food bar due to the ingredient profile. What separates this bar from others on the market is the all -natural approach just like Universal did with the Animal Snak bars. For many people too many artificial sweeteners and sugars can cause a ton of bloating. These bars are the exact opposite and settle with ease.

Cost

$3.49 for a single bar or $34.99 for a box of 12. This is the retail price off the Redcone1 main webpage. As many fans know RedCon1 does a ton of intro sales and deals, so do not be surprised to see the price of these bars drop. There is a 20% discount right off the main Stack3d Page making it $27.99/Box or $2.33/Bar. Due to the makeup of the bars this is why their price point may be a touch higher (Just like their MRE Powder is higher for a MRP).

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dang going to have to order a box of each, honestly wasn’t expecting much. Their isolates taste bad specifically the birthday cake one.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
I just tried a couple of the Sytha-6 Crisp and Powercrunch bars. I thought that they were pretty good tasting. I don't want to go back to the "solid dough" (non-crunchy) bars now :)

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I just tried a couple of the Sytha-6 Crisp and Powercrunch bars. I thought that they were pretty good tasting. I don't want to go back to the "solid dough" (non-crunchy) bars now :)
Same here. I used to eat quest and quest type bars all the time. The two you mentioned are my top two favorites now, even though the macros may not be as good as quest.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
so far I have tried these flavors from them:

Powercrunch Chocolate Mint
Powercrunch Peanut Butter Fudge
Powercrunch Salted Caramel
Syntha-6 Protein Crisp Peanut Butter
Syntha-6 Protein Crisp Salted Toffee Pretzel

All were pretty good, none I would shy away from eating again. I am heading out to the local GNC to pick up a few more flavors to try out (I always buy single bars each first, before I go in for a box of anything). The Powercruch are avail on Amz, but TBH for the small price difference and not wanting melted bars (per some reviews on Amz), GNC's price per box is comparable (or rather close enough). Syntha bars aren't on Amz that I saw, but it is not like I eat a ton of bars, so just picking them up locally may be the way to go with them as well.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Quest Nutrition Protein Cookie Review

Taste

Peanut Butter – While I am a peanut butter fiend this was one of the least enjoyable of all the cookies on the Quest cookie line. The peanut butter flavor is great, but the creaminess or saltiness associated with peanut butter is lost. The cookie is moist just like what you would expect which is a plus. The downside is it is missing two vital elements to create a great peanut butter flavor.

Double Chocolate Chip – The double chocolate chip was a good cookie that was similar to the regular chocolate chip. The only place it fell short was the boldness of the chocolate in the actual cookie. The flavor just was not strong enough to really separate itself from the original or oatmeal raisin. The chocolate chip inclusion helped amplify the chocolate flavor, but for a double chocolate chip it just needed more.

Chocolate Chip – This is almost identical to a regular chocolate chip cookie. The baked cookie has a soft consistency that breaks in your fingers. The cookie has a slightly butter undertone with rich chocolate chips. This was one of their best flavors. Simple but executed well.

Oatmeal Raisin - My personal favorite of all the flavors. The density of the oatmeal shines in the cookie. There is just the right amount of raisins to give it an extra kick of sweetness. With how soft the cookies are it really remind you of a fresh baked oatmeal raisin cookie out of a bakery. This one was fantastic, but I am partial to oatmeal raisin, so this one really hit home!

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can tell these are baked cookies. Most protein cookies on the market are glorified circular protein bars. These have a different texture and feel to them to resemble a real cookie. What I do like is they are a bit rougher then most cookies, which you can puncture with your hand. This gives you the chew of a true cookie while not being hard as a rock like some protein bars can be. The texture is just right to give you the best replication of a cookie.

Formula

14-17g Fat
18-25g Carbs
15g Protein
9g Fiber

Protein → Milk protein isolate and whey protein isolate. The inclusion of butter may turn some people off, but this helps the texture and consistency of the product. The soluble corn fiber (when quest made the change to use this in their bars) won some customers and lost some. I find these cookies settle much easier then a lot of their protein bars do. The best part is there is only 1gof sugar in the cookies.

Cost

You can get a box of 12 cookies for around $20-24 depending on the website and sale being ran at the time. If you are a cookie fan this is good alternative to buying the real thing. I personally enjoy the texture compared to most cookies on the market from other companies. The flavoring is good, and the price is reasonable. I would rank these the best cookies out there on the market. I personally am not a fan of Len & Larry, and these edge out MuscleTech and Prosupps.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Does the peanut butter cookie have hunks of peanuts in it?

I have heard the oatmeal raisin was the best out of all of them too.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Does the peanut butter cookie have hunks of peanuts in it?

I have heard the oatmeal raisin was the best out of all of them too.
No peanuts or else I would of noted that in the review. Just basic regular PB cookie

jbronk

Awards
Right now, I'm using the RXBar Coffee Chocolate protein bar as my mid-day snack.

Ingredients = Dates, Egg Whites, Almonds, Cashews, 100% Chocolate (Cacao), Coffee, Sea Salt, Natural Coffee Flavor

12g of egg white protein, 4g of fiber, 200 calories

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Animal SNAK Frosted Oatmeal Raisin Protein Bar Review

Taste

Frosted Oatmeal Raisin - Upon opening the wrapper Animal uses a yogurt glaze with real oatmeal and raisins scattered throughout the bar. The first bite has a sweet and luscious flavor to it just like a frosted oatmeal cookie. The yogurt taste was pure and there was nothing artificial at all about it. The sweetness of the raisins pairs perfectly with the glaze to provide a nice compliment to the bar. The chewiness and density of the oatmeal give this a texture, which crumbles in your mouth. Animal Snak did a damn good job replicating one of my favorite cookies into a meal replacement bar. Nitpicking this to a 10 I was expecting a bit more of a pop from the glaze to suit the raisin and oatmeal center. Overall this is very well done considering you are getting everything from natural and whole food sources.

Texture

For an all-natural protein bar these are extremely soft, and by soft I mean you can crumble them with your fingers. I figured Animal Snak would be dense like a FitCrunch, SinFit, or a MuslceTech NitroTech Crunch, but that is not the case. The bar has a nice coating/glaze on top that provides extra flavor and richness. Overall I like these because right out of the wrapper they are great to eat. Some brands are a little too hard, which require you to either let them sit out in the heat or be microwaved to be tolerable. Then there are some companies who are too soft they taste like laffy taffy.

Formula

Per Bar:
Calories ~ 350
10 G Fat
40g Carbs
7g Fiber
25g Protein

Animal Snak uses whole food ingredients like rolled oats, peanut butter, and protein from milk. They also use real honey into the formula and mix these in kitchen aid mixers. These provide up to 27g of protein a bar with no artificial flavors or sweeteners. Some people get a lot of bloating on protein bars due to high sugar alcohols. Since there are no added sugars, which help this, will digest very easy. Animal Snak was made to be an effective meal replacement bar that resembles whole food. Animal did a great job on doing so.

Cost

Box of 12 ~ $20-25
Singles - $2
For a protein bar that resembles a whole food formula make up and packs a ton of quality calories it's a very hard deal to pass up. If you just want to try out one bar you can find them for around $2 on multiple webpages. That is going to be cheaper then picking up anything local in a grocery store, which is a fantastic deal. Given the flavor, profile, and texture of these bars I would highly suggest them for someone who wants a very easy digesting and great tasting product.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Quest Nutrition Maple Waffle Protein Bar Review

Taste

Maple Waffle – Going into this bar I expected it to carry over a lot of similarities from the Quest Waffle Cereal Bar. After taking a few bites this was almost an identical replica of that bar just in a harder shell not made of cereal or krispies. The maple flavor is dominant as the syrup is a faint aftertaste. The maple was distinct in each and every bite, but it needed to be enhanced to make it truly stick out. Replicating a breakfast dessert such as a maple waffle would take a lot of calories and a higher caloric content, but for 200 calories Quest did a good job.. I personally rank this one down the list of quest bars I have had, but your mileage may vary.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can notice the bar has the usual quest bar texture with the added flakiness from the mix-ins included inside and outside of the bar. Since quest moved back to the OG Formulation the bar is much softer then the previous corn syrup model. Not to mention these digest much easier and are not hard as rocks.

Formula

6g Fat
24g Carbs
20g Protein
16g Fiber

Quest went back to their original formula. Not only has this pleased a large portion of the quest community, but the general supplement consumer as a whole. It makes them digest easier (for myself) and many others. This is a unique flavor that you do not see much of on the market, and they did a good job when you try and manipulate syrup into a protein bar.

Cost

Quest retails for about 24$ making it right around 2$ a bar. If you were to buy a single bar off the main quest website it would be around 2.39$ per bar. Buying in bulk saves you around 40 cents a bar, but all in all if on sale its pretty cost effective for 12 bars for around 20$. When you factor in flavor, and factor in good calories for less than 200 calories a bar it's a pretty nice convenient investment. Keep an eye out because you can see box’s drop as cheap as $14-16 which is a great time to stock up.

Top 10 Quest Rankings

1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
2. Cookies & Cream
3. Mocha Chocolate Chip
4. Blueberry Muffin
5. Apple Pie
6. Double Chocolate Chunk
7. Chocolate Brownie
8. Chocolate Peanut Butter
9. Cinnamon Roll
10. White Chocolate Raspberry

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Grenade Carb Killa Brownie Review

Taste

Fudge Brownie – Just from opening the pack the aroma of fudge and milk chocolate is strong. Taking my first bite the brownie is extremely soft and can be punctured with your finger. The bar is composed of a soft center, thick milk chocolate layer, and a rich frosted topping. Scattered throughout the bar are little pieces of walnuts, which give it this treat a crunchy compliment. The flavoring composed to a brownie is very well done as the fudge and milk chocolate layers combine perfectly. What I like best is how you get a luscious touch of sweetness in the aftertaste to take the milk chocolate to another level. Personally the flavoring on these are fantastic, and if you want a great protein snack to curb your sweet tooth these will get the job done. I like these better then the fudge brownie grenade bars when it comes to taste.

Texture

Out of the wrapper the bar is extremely soft which is what you would expect from a brownie. Both the top and bottom layer are composed of the same texture even though they are flavored differently to a small degree. The added walnuts give this a nice bite to make it a well-rounded fudge brownie you would buy at a bakery. This is not a protein snack you will have to throw into a microwave to enjoy. Some bars and cookies on the market are hard and rough in texture this is a complete 180, which makes it enjoyable right out of the wrapper.

Formula

220 Calories
11g Fat
27g Carbs
15g Protein
7g Fiber
14g Sugar Alcohols

The Macro breakdown is not bad on these bars. Most bars are around the 20-25g protein range which this brownie falls short on. The fat and carb macros make this a well-rounded MRP brownie. Personally the biggest downside is the large amount of sugar alcohols, which can cause a lot of digestion and bloating issues. For those who do not have a steel stomach I would suggest staying away because it can sit very heavy. Overall it's a decent breakdown, but I would prefer to see the protein intake a touch higher for a protein snack.

Cost

For 12 brownies I am seeing around $26 for a box. If you want to crunch numbers that amounts to $2.10 per protein brownie. Granted this is a new product on the market, so there will be sales to have them for cheaper. Considering how well this is flavored I can see this being a hit. I would personally invest in these if the sugar alcohols were lower (since they do not agree with me). I foresee these selling well once more consumers get the opportunity to try a sample or go into buying a box blind. If you were a fan of the fudge brownie grenade bar this brownie will be a worthy investment. More retailers should be picking these up in the near future, so keep your eyes peeled.

Massiah

Awards
Robert Irvine baked bars are legit! Quest bars to me taste like chalk and are that odd gummy/chewy texture. I tried their oreo bar and it wasn't very good.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’m on my phone and did a quick search but can’t see any reviews. I saw the three initial flavors review by bob but is there any feedback from anyone on the MRE Crunch peanut butter cup bars?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sprinkled donut is really good. Peanut butter crunch is ok.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sprinkled donut is really good. Peanut butter crunch is ok.
Alright cool. I’ll try both. I hate any type of seafood so the salmon protein inclusion just messed with me lol.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In no way do you taste that. Lol. I like them for that texture. It’s a change from the syntha 6 bars which I love.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

FortiFX Protein Bar Review

Taste

Chocolate – When I took my first bite of the chocolate bar it packed a strong Hershey milk chocolate flavor. The glaze on top provided a swiss chocolate with added sea salt. Getting to the center of the bar I picked up a darker chocolate flavor that infused well with the granola crunch. This protein bar reminded me of Nestle Crunch candy bar due to the krispies and granola compliment. The added sea salt is icing on the cake to enhance the flavor and really make this bar pop.

Peanut Butter – The peanut butter flavor is spot on in the FortiFX protein bar. The chocolate glaze, peanut butter coating, and crunchy peanuts that are layered throughout the bar are all fantastic. The salty and creamy peanut butter flavor is just like you melted peanut butter on top of a granola bar with crushed up peanuts. For those that like a smooth coating and a crunchy center you get the best of both worlds when it comes to the composition of the bar.

Texture

The texture on these bars is unique, and what separates them on the market. This is the first company to infuse a granola bar and protein bar together. Similar to other MRP Based protein bars that are multi-layered the outside provides a smooth coating. On top of the coating is a small glaze, and the inside provides a small crunchy krispies and a granola mixture. Out of the wrapper this bar is soft and easy to consume. I could even puncture the outside layer with my fingers, if you left this out in a hot or humid environment you could see the outside start to smear or melt.

Formula

320 Calories
13g Fat
31g Carbs
20g Protein
3g Fiber

FortiFX decided to make a larger MRP Based granola bar and protein bar hybrid. As you can see the calories are higher, but also the serving size is much larger clocking in at an 80g bar. The bars have a protein blend, which is heavy in WPI. Therefore it will settle easier to others who use higher amounts of concentrates, MPI, or casein to help flavor the protein bar.

Cost

The price is $27 for a box of 12 protein bars. Given the quality of the protein bars, and how good the flavoring is this is a reasonable price. Companies such as Sinister Labs, Prosupps, Animal, and Fit Crunch who have a very identical MRP based bar are all in the ballpark for pricing. If you do see a sale on these it would be a very good idea to buy and stock up.