New Topic of the Week: Best Tasting Yet Healthy Protein Bars

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not sure if this was mentioned but being a keto guy like I am I am loving bhufitbars. Bhufoods.comThe various protein sources they use in the bars are grass fed whey, organic pea protein or egg whites...The choices of bars are either vegan, paleo, low carb/ketogenic friendly or all of the above.The net carbs in the bars are the lowest in the industry and range from ZERO to 7 net carbs per bar. There is a 20% code floating around and with free shipping I can find if anyone's interested in trying the bars.

murk01

murk01

Awards
DieselNY - (20% off + Free Shipping) Send it gangsta, I wouldn't mind trying a new keto bar

Also that site takes forever to loadup, almost closed it out before it came up

booksbooks

Awards
Not sure if this was mentioned but being a keto guy like I am I am loving bhufitbars. Bhufoods.comThe various protein sources they use in the bars are grass fed whey, organic pea protein or egg whites...The choices of bars are either vegan, paleo, low carb/ketogenic friendly or all of the above.The net carbs in the bars are the lowest in the industry and range from ZERO to 7 net carbs per bar. There is a 20% code floating around and with free shipping I can find if anyone's interested in trying the bars.
Those look pretty legit. Send me that coupon code if you find it.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No doubt fellas. Use code "keto_diesel" for 20% off of your entire bhufoods.com purchase as well as free shipping.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DieselNY - (20% off + Free Shipping) Send it gangsta, I wouldn't mind trying a new keto bar

Also that site takes forever to loadup, almost closed it out before it came up
Came up pretty fast for me. Being a web guy myself, I have a hunch its the Instagram integration they have in the page that slows the load.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Dark Choc Mint Grenade
Someone posted these on another forum:

A cool after eight
This chocolate mint flavour will win most people’s taste buds with its after eight creme in the centre. The creme doesn’t make the bar sticky. It’s also not overly sweet, achieving a good balance with the chocolate and the mint creme.

Crunchy and soft
Like other carb killa bars, the chocolate mint is a crunchy bar. It’s crispies on top give good contrast from the soft creme in the centre. The bar isn’t too soft nor hard to chew. It could be crumbly like the actual after eights, but they found a good balance in the consistency of the bar.
This flavor is unfortunately only available in the UK :(. I ordered the Caramel Chaos and Chocolate Creme bars to try out (only ones readily available in the US). Until now I have stuck with the Quest bars, only the "natural" ones (no sucralose).

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mine came today :yup: will report back. Used your code. I got the Salted Caramel & Pecan and the Dark Choc Cherry/Pistachio flavors.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
I pulled the trigger and ordered some Carb Killa bars, they should be here tomorrow. I will post my thoughts after I try them out.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I pulled the trigger and ordered some Carb Killa bars, they should be here tomorrow. I will post my thoughts after I try them out.
Grenade is going to be a great step up from quest.
Wait till you hit that caramel filling on the caramel chaos and the little krunchies on top.. So so good.
Chocolate cream is like a milky way. You should enjoy them.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Grenade is going to be a great step up from quest.
Wait till you hit that caramel filling on the caramel chaos and the little krunchies on top.. So so good.
Chocolate cream is like a milky way. You should enjoy them.
Thanks I appreciate turning me on to those. To be honest I had not heard of them before this thread. Those chocolate mint sound great too *sigh*. Hope them come to the US soon :D

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
got my Killa Carb Grenade bars on Wednesday. Have had the chance to try both the Caramel Chaos and Chocolate Creme (two of each). The Caramel bar is a bit on the "crumbly" messy side. Need to have a plate or napkin underneath it when taking each bite. Not sure if it is supposed to be that way or if it was something with shipping. Flavor on both was good. However I did notice that both use Surcalose for a sweetener, which is something I typically avoid like the plague. I am one of those that fall squarely into that same category as the study that showed that Sucralose killed up to 50% of the beneficial intestinal bacterial. I know I used to drink Pepsi One (I think it was) that had Sucralose in it. I could drink one a day, if I drank more than that I would get the runs bad. The bars may have significantly less Sucralose than the soda, I am not sure. I do have some ON Protein that I still drink, and that particular flavor has Sucralose in it, but I don't drink it often, or much of it when I do (just use it to flavor my bulk powder whey protein drinks). And when that one is done I am going back to the ON Natural Protein line (no Sucralose).

Short version: they taste pretty good, like the nutrient profile, don't like the artificial sweeteners and the Caramel Chaos is a bit messy to eat.

I will see how badly they mess with my digestive system to decide whether I will order them again, but I do plan to finish the ones I already purchased (too cheap to let them go to waste :)).

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
9 times out of 10 I'm going to want a good amount of protein in my bar otherwise it's basically fitting into my diet as a cheat. If it's a cheat then I'm grabbing a real cookie lol.
Yeah I'm with you on that. I'd just rather dunk my Fruity Crisp Oreo into some Carbmaster Vanilla milk and call it a day, lol.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love having these handy.

koogz.png

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1471469037.338337.jpg
if you like the texture of vegan protein, you'll love these

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Lenny and Larry cookies will always have room in my heart....just not my macros. On those days I love a chocolate chip cookie dough B-Up barView attachment 139265
What brand/bar is that from?

EDIT: LOL, B-Up is the brand. found em, thanks!

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No doubt fellas. Use code "keto_diesel" for 20% off of your entire bhufoods.com purchase as well as free shipping.
Any of you guys get a chance to try the bars? Curios about feedback.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Grenade White Chocolate Cookie Review

Taste

Being a big fan of white chocolate this was a hit. Grenade has a way to make the white chocolate melt in your mouth. The milkiness of the white chocolate resembles melted white chocolate with crunchy chocolate cookies crisps on the top of the bar. Grenade does not shy its customers when it comes to the crispy pieces. If you ever had Grenade's Caramel Chaos you know exactly what I am talking about with the crispy pieces on top.

The layer of Sweet vanilla (the base of the bar) is a very pure and luscious flavored vanilla. The bar itself is soft (a bit harder then mission 1, but softer then quest). I got a small caramel aftertaste to make it like a white chocolate caramel cookie bar in essence. This bar was fantastic. I highly suggest this bar if you can get your hands on it (being from the UK). Now my #1 favorite off the grenade line. Caramel Chaos and Chocolate Cream are both great, but the white chocolate (again I am a big fan of) was done very well.

My Rankings:
1) White Chocolate Cookie
2) Caramel Chaos
3) Chocolate Cream

Macros

8g Fat
15g Carbs
8g Fiber
22g Protein

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Any of you guys get a chance to try the bars? Curios about feedback.
Waiting to finish off some of the bars I already have before I buy any new ones. But they are on my list to try. I admit to being lazy and trying the ones easiest to get my hands on first, versus maybe the ones I wanted to try first.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established

Grenade White Chocolate Cookie Review

Taste

Being a big fan of white chocolate this was a hit. Grenade has a way to make the white chocolate melt in your mouth. The milkiness of the white chocolate resembles melted white chocolate with crunchy chocolate cookies crisps on the top of the bar. Grenade does not shy its customers when it comes to the crispy pieces. If you ever had Grenade's Caramel Chaos you know exactly what I am talking about with the crispy pieces on top.

The layer of Sweet vanilla (the base of the bar) is a very pure and luscious flavored vanilla. The bar itself is soft (a bit harder then mission 1, but softer then quest). I got a small caramel aftertaste to make it like a white chocolate caramel cookie bar in essence. This bar was fantastic. I highly suggest this bar if you can get your hands on it (being from the UK). Now my #1 favorite off the grenade line. Caramel Chaos and Chocolate Cream are both great, but the white chocolate (again I am a big fan of) was done very well.

My Rankings:
1) White Chocolate Cookie
2) Caramel Chaos
3) Chocolate Cream

Macros

8g Fat
15g Carbs
8g Fiber
22g Protein

Is this another flavor that is only available in the UK?

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did..got the Salted Caramel & Pecan and the Dark Choc/Cherry/Pistachio. Now me personally...I like them alot, very natural tasting, no greasy coating on the outside, nice natural taste of all the flavors, one flavor doesn't dominate the bar, its well rounded.
If your looking for a Combat Crunch candy bar texture/taste...these are not for you. O was looking for a more all natural/earthy type bar and these are them.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got a killer price on the "Oh Yeah" Chocolate Chip bars. They're ok....good macros.

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
Had two this morning, they are divine.

One bar cinnamon and dark bday cake are nice as well .

Dark Choc Mint Grenade
Someone posted these on another forum:

A cool after eight
This chocolate mint flavour will win most people’s taste buds with its after eight creme in the centre. The creme doesn’t make the bar sticky. It’s also not overly sweet, achieving a good balance with the chocolate and the mint creme.

Crunchy and soft
Like other carb killa bars, the chocolate mint is a crunchy bar. It’s crispies on top give good contrast from the soft creme in the centre. The bar isn’t too soft nor hard to chew. It could be crumbly like the actual after eights, but they found a good balance in the consistency of the bar.

willyb87

Awards
I'll revive this month old thread... Has anybody else tried the new fitjoy bars from the same company that owns Cellucor? I had the cinnamon bun and chocolate iced brownie and both were absolutely amazing to me

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'll revive this month old thread... Has anybody else tried the new fitjoy bars from the same company that owns Cellucor? I had the cinnamon bun and chocolate iced brownie and both were absolutely amazing to me
I thought the bars were decent. I like the texture, the flavoring could be better.
I have found people finding the pumpkin pie at GNC Stores.
I personally would opt for Grenade and Oh Yeah One bars both which have a better flavor and similar cake like texture to them. Grenade also has a cream filling on the 2 flavors available in the US.

I will be reviewing Mocha Choc Chip sometime next week. I got a few of them coming in the mail shortly. Hope they are another hit from Quest like Blueberry. I cared less for CCCD, Choc Mint, and PB from Fitjoy. Cinnamon and brownie were decent. the Vanilla Almond was the best IMO

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Found a new (to me) bar at the local Publix (grocery store) called "Kind". They have a line that guarantee <5g sugar. Most looked pretty good. I grabbed one of each to try out. So far the Cashew & Ginger Spice one tasted OK (had 4g sugar). Have not tried the rest yet. I will put up the macro list from one of them later (don't have a wrapper or URL to pull them from on hand at the moment). Anyone else have experience with the Kind brand bars?

thewingnut13

Awards
Found a new (to me) bar at the local Publix (grocery store) called "Kind". They have a line that guarantee <5g sugar. Most looked pretty good. I grabbed one of each to try out. So far the Cashew & Ginger Spice one tasted OK (had 4g sugar). Have not tried the rest yet. I will put up the macro list from one of them later (don't have a wrapper or URL to pull them from on hand at the moment). Anyone else have experience with the Kind brand bars?
My wife eats the **** out of the coconut ones. I've tried them and only thought they are OK.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
My wife eats the **** out of the coconut ones. I've tried them and only thought they are OK.
Yea, I wouldn't rave about it, but then again it's a protein/health bar, so I don't think Snickers is worried about any competition from these guys :)

zachthomas

zachthomas

Awards
Check out "Oatmega" bars. Best tasting protein bar I've had. Grass fed whey, soy, gluten and gmo free. Very clean and tastes great.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just saw muscle and strength has a Smores combat crunch bar so I bought some hoping I dotn regret that

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Pumpkin Pie Fitjoy Protein bar Review

Taste

Homemade Pumpkin Pie - Right away on your first bite you get the actual pumpkin puree flavoring. Not only is this the dominant flavor it overpowers the glaze and little nuts you see coated on top of the bar. There are no real major signs of cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg or other pumpkin pie like flavorings throughout the bar. The glaze does provide a very minor aftertaste of vanilla, but it is hard to recognize with how dominant the pumpkin puree flavoring is throughout the bar. While this is a good bar, I would rank it above Quest (which is not saying much) because that was not a great pumpkin bar IMO.

Texture

The Fitjoy bar is on the softer side for a protein bar. Think about similar to a Quest bar in consistency. These do have a softer inside then a quest bar offers to keep them on the lighter side. These are no where near as soft as a Mission 1 MuscleTech bar, but would be a step up in thickness and density. These are soft out of the wrapper and very easy to enjoy if you like to have them straight up.

Formula

Fitjoy Pumpkin Pie has:
7g Fat
25g Carbs
20g Protein

A very reasonable caloric dense bar. While it may not be as light as some on the market, it is also not a bar that will break the bank caloric wise. This is a middle of the road calorie bar. There are no hydrogenated oil's that may scare some people or soy protein involved so Fitjoy offers a very good profile for a protein bar.

Cost

The Price range is around 24-27$ a box. While these are still making their way into retailers it is hard to say the final cost given promotions and discounts of a new item. Overall this is very straight forward and standard across the protein bar market. So yes these are cost effective and competitive to the other big brands out there such as Quest, Oh Yeah, Grenade, Combat Crunch etc.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just got 30% off of Optimum Nutrition Opti-Bars Cookies n Cream.

A box of 12 @ $18.84 is worth a try so we will see when I get them.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

NitroTech Crunch Protein Bar Review

Taste

Birthday Cake – If you like OH Yeah Birthday Cake you will really enjoy this bar. From first bite to last this was magnificient. The outer shell gives it a hard crunch with a sweet aftertaste of birthday cake. Think about a luscious vanilla birthday cake decorated with thick frosting that is the best way to describe the outer shell. The inner portion of the bar is very soft (cake like) similar to oh yeah middle of a fit crunch, and fitjoy. What I really like is how you do not get any artificial birthday cake flavor or over the top sweetness some companies tend to do. This has a perfect balance of vanilla and birthday cake to give it a great mix. The extra pink icing swirls are just icing on the cake .If it had some sprinkles on it this would put it over the edge and the top birthday cake bar out.
It is hard to say what I like better this or Oh Yeah one, you honestly cannot go wrong with either. Job well done MT

Texture

The MuscleTech Crunch Bars all have a good texture. The outside has a layering and the inside has a soft cake like texture. This is a reminiscent of a fit crunch bar if you have ever had one of those. While the outer coating may be dense it is what helps pack the flavor inside the protein bar. Personally I enjoy it greatly because of the thicker flavoring/coating on the outside, and the soft cake like inside which gives the protein bar a perfect 1-2 Punch. These are not rock hard, nor are they soft like laffy taffy as some bars on the protein bar market.

Formula

Each Bar has 7g Fat, 24g Carbs, and 22g Protein
Combination of WPI,WPC,and MPI for protein sources
What may throw some people off are the vegetable oils and the soy protein (which is minimal) in the formula.
Overall for a protein bar it is a good looking formula, and MuscleTech has been known for creating great products for the past decade.

Cost

The Price range is around 24-27$ a box. While these are still making their way into retailers it is hard to say the final cost given promotions and discounts of a new item. Overall this is very straight forward and standard across the protein bar market. So yes these are cost effective and competitive to the other big brands out there such as Quest, Oh Yeah, Grenade, Combat Crunch etc.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Dymatize Elite Peanut Butter Protein Bar Review

Taste

The outer shell is a very smooth peanut butter flavor. With 9g of fat for the bar you would expect it to have some richness. The Kcals on this are a bit higher and there is a reason why there is some good flavor in each and every bite. The middle is laced with mini-peanut pieces .The combination of a very smooth peanut butter layer and mini peanuts is a good one two combo. While this is a very simple flavor Dymatize did a good job. I personally think for 300 calories the flavor could be better but it was still worth a pickup.

Texture

The Dymatize Elite Protein bars have a very similar texture to quest and fitjoy. They are pretty soft and offer a good cake like consistency. They are very easy to bite into, and won't break your teeth. They are very easy to eat right out of the wrapper and have visible mix-ins spread throughout the bar (depending on the flavor you get). The coating on the bars is rich and offers a great taste.

Formula

These bars range a bit higher on macros then most protein bars.
They can range from 7-9g of fat, 23-25g of carbs and 25-28g of protein
The Peanut Butter will be higher in fat, and the other flavors will drop a touch.
The Dymatize bars offers WPH, WPI, WPC, and Casein for their protein ingredient profile.
Besides that these are a very clean protein bar ingredient profile wise. Nothing that would make someone run due to high sugar alcohols or anything like that.

Cost

The Price range is around 27-30$ a box. While these are still making their way into retailers it is hard to say the final cost given promotions and discounts of a new item. Overall this is very straight forward and standard across the protein bar market. So yes these are cost effective and competitive to the other big brands out there such as Quest, Oh Yeah, Grenade, Combat Crunch etc.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

NitroTech Crunch Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar Review

Taste

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – This is a good tasting bar. The outer shell provides a very rich chocolate flavor. The mini crunchy pieces similar to a grenade bar that give it the extra kick. With a great coating, extra crunchy texture the dough portion is the last aspect. Some companies are hit or miss, but MuscleTech did a good job on trying to replicate cookie dough. I personally would give the cookie dough flavor edge to Quest here, but the taste difference is close. This offers a cakelike/moist cookie dough center as quest is a harder consistency. The cookie dough filling is creamy and has a strong initial taste, but lacks a longlasting aftertaste. Great bar here, I would still put the Birthday Cake above this one.

Texture

The MuscleTech Crunch Bars all have a good texture. The outside has a layering and the inside has a soft cake like texture. This is a reminiscent of a fit crunch bar if you have ever had one of those. While the outer coating may be dense it is what helps pack the flavor inside the protein bar. Personally I enjoy it greatly because of the thicker flavoring/coating on the outside, and the soft cake like inside which gives the protein bar a perfect 1-2 Punch. These are not rock hard, nor are they soft like laffy taffy as some bars on the protein bar market.

Formula

What may throw some people off are the vegetable oils and the soy protein (which is minimal) in the formula.
Overall for a protein bar it is a good looking formula, and MuscleTech has been known for creating great products for the past decade.

Cost

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just had a thought (and it may be terrible, but right now it sounds great) -- Bob mentioned the Mission 1 bars having a "Laffy Taffy" consistency. While I don't want that for a traditional protein bar, what about with fruit flavors? Basically a giant protein-infused Laffy Taffy.

Right now, that sounds incredible to me lol.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh Yeah One Pumpkin Pie Protein Bar Review

Oh Yeah One Pumpkin Pie Bar

Taste

Pumpkin Pie – The first thing I noted when biting into this bar was the Cinnamon Roll base is very similar in Pumpkin Pie. That is a good thing though. Pumpkin Pie should have a strong sense of cinnamon and pumpkin spices. Another thing this bar has over Quest and Fitjoy. You do get hints of nutmeg and a dash of clove as you make your way through the bar. Fitjoy gets the upper hand when it comes to pumpkin puree taste, but there is a still a good ratio of pumpkin flavoring in this bar. The bar balances the pumpkin and pumpkin spices very well which makes this my favorite pumpkin bar on the market. Not only does it provide a great texture, the flavoring is great for a pumpkin bar, and what you would expect from Oh Yeah One.

Texture

Out of the wrapper Oh Yeah Bars are soft. They also contain a nice glaze on top of the bar. The inside has a cake like consistency, which is very good. Easily Oh Yeah one is a quality bar that provides a good texture. These are very similar to Grenade Bars. I would say a touch harder then Missions 1 (Very soft), and less dense then quest.

Formula

8g Fat
24g Carbs
21g Protein

A combination of WPI and MPI for the protein sources in this protein bar. Both which are of very high quality and another reason why I do enjoy the One Bars. The ingredient list on these bars is a touch smaller then some companies out there, but I find them to settle a bit easier then many others on the market. I personally enjoy them greatly and their bars are around 200 calories. 200 seems to be a common average among protein bars for a good snack that is high in protein.

Cost

Since this was a very new release it was 28$ a box + Shipping. Yes it was a bit costly, and almost 3$ a bar, but for most places you walk into (3 Letter Store, VS) you may end up paying that much for a bar. I assume the price will drop around 22-24$ a box once these do hit major retailers,. If you want to hop on the Pumpkin train because you love it, I would suggest it, or hold out for a small price drop.

Top Oh Yeah Bars

1. Birthday Cake
2. Pumpkin Pie
3. Cinnamon Roll
4. Almond Bliss
5. Chocolate Bday Cake

Rebel1978

Awards
  • Established
Picked up a box of 12 fitjoy bars for 18 bucks each, excited to give them a try. Went with the iced brownie and vanilla almond.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just finishe my box of ON Optibars.

Nice consistency, taste and texture. Decent profile and at 30% off at the time not bad either.

I will keep looking for deals and decent products but will not justify more than $18 a box for these or any bars. Just my thinking.

I can have my whey available to me in a container at most times and it's cheap. Just add water. :)

$26 for a dozen bars isn't a deal for any bar in my oppinion.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Dymatize Elite Vanilla Cupcake Protein Bar Review

Taste

Vanilla Cupcake – Vanilla Cupcake would remind me of a very sweet birthday spinoff. Unfortunately this bar was nothing close to that. The vanilla glaze on the outside shell is a basic vanilla. The Vanilla reminded me of a middle of the road vanilla whey protein mixed in milk and then glazed on top of a basic protein bar. The funfetti pieces in the middle did offer a slight touch to the bar, but not enough to be worth 270 kcals. If you ask me, this one is a pass. Its not bad per say, but it is nothing that lives up to its name of a vanilla cupcake. Much better bars out there that can resemble a birthday cake or cupcake (Oh Yeah & NitroTech Crunch) come to mind.

Texture

The Dymatize Elite Protein bars have a very similar texture to quest and fitjoy. They are pretty soft and offer a good cake like consistency. They are very easy to bite into, and won't break your teeth. They are very easy to eat right out of the wrapper and have visible mix-ins spread throughout the bar (depending on the flavor you get). The coating on the bars is rich and offers a great taste.

Formula

(This Flavor is 7g Fat, 25g Csrbs, 28g Protein) = 270 Calories

The Peanut Butter will be higher in fat, and the other flavors will drop a touch.

The Dymatize bars offers WPH, WPI, WPC, and Casein for their protein ingredient profile.

Besides that these are a very clean protein bar ingredient profile wise. Nothing that would make someone run due to high sugar alcohols or anything like that.

Cost

The Price range is around 27-30$ a box. While these are still making their way into retailers it is hard to say the final cost given promotions and discounts of a new item. Overall this is very straight forward and standard across the protein bar market. So yes these are cost effective and competitive to the other big brands out there such as Quest, Oh Yeah, Grenade, Combat Crunch etc.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

NitroTech Crunch Cookies & Cream Protein Bar Review

Taste

Cookies & Cream – First bite leaves you a very delightful sweet cream glaze over a cookie based protein bar. The cookie center is very moist, soft, and has a delicious chewy texture to it. The amount of chocolate and cookie combined together forms a delightful flavor of a dark chocolate chip cookie. The sweet cream glaze gives you the one two combination you look for in a cookies and cream flavor. MuscleTech did a great job on this flavor, especially if you are a cookies and cream fanatic After the three bars I have had, this line is very consistent with their flavoring. Easily a top bar for CnC Lovers, the flavor is strong in every aspect.

Texture

Formula

Cost

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[size=+3]AntM Reviews Muscletech Nitrotech Birthday Cake Bar[/size]

Texture/consistency

A nice amount of crunch, could use a little more for my liking, but I cannot complain.

Consistency was perfect. The inside of the bar is very soft and easy to bite through. It did remind me of a cake with how soft it was.

Taste

Birthday Cake, this is my first time ever trying a birthday cake flavored protein bar. Upon my first bite, I was in heaven. I chewed very slowly and savored every bite. With the first bite, you get a sweet, but not overly sweet taste. Think of this as the frosting, this comes from the outer layer. I was a nice creamy feeling in the mouth.

Next, you are hit with the softness of the inner layer and this is a perfect play off from a real confetti cake. What I like most about the taste is that it is the perfect representation of cakes I enjoy. Cakes which are not excessively covered in frosting. There is just enough sweetness and creaminess from the outer coating and it is balanced well with the cake portion.

Very good. First, the macros are pretty much on point with other bars. I do like they these are not heavy in fiber. I eat a lot of whole foods and often find myself getting too much fiber when I eat most protein bars that are out there. Here is the macro break down for this flavor:

Cals - 240
Fat - 7 grams
Carbs - 24 grams
Fiber - 5 grams
Protein - 22 grams

If I have to be critical of the profile, it would be of this. There is soy protein isolate. However, it is the last protein source listed. Personally, this does not bother me because one, a little soy won't kill anyone, two, it is not the main protein source and three, I do not eat protein bars daily. Just worth nothing.

Price

You can find these for about $27.49 per box of 12. Yes, this is a little higher than the average $2/bar, but one, the bars are 5 grams larger and two, they taste absolutely amazing. Well worth the small increase in cost.

Bottom Line

Everything about this bar and flavor is perfect. I have no complaints at all. Additionally, this particular flavor has taken over my #1 rating for a protein bar overall. Nothing will touch this. This is the perfect representation of a birthday cake in every way possible. 10/10

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Dymatize Elite Coconut Cream Protein Bar Review

Taste

Coconut Cream – This was my least favorite of the 3 Dymatize bars I got to try. The Coconut flavor is present, but it is not as strong as you would expect for a 270-calorie bar. The coconut flavor fades more of an aftertaste then the surmounting flavor of the bar. The base of the bar was decent, but the best part would be the texture of the bar. While this is a soft and easy bar to eat right out of the wrapper the flavor for the amount of calories is a pass in my opinion. Out of the 3 I had Peanut Butter was the best one, Vanilla Cupcake was meh, and this was not too much better.

Texture

Formula

Cost

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Which one is it in your opinion. I love the Oh Yeah One Bars but they do contain the normal suspects that I don't like to consume a lot of. Sugar alcohols, sweeteners, etc..
I like Zero Impact Bars made by VPX. They're delish and somewhat healthy.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

NitroTech Crunch Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar Review

Taste

Chocolate Peanut Butter - This was a fantastic bar. The chocolate shell is very similar to that of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. The outside glaze contains a bold milk chocolate outer coating with the addition of a nice crunch. The inside is exactly as you would expect. Think about the inside of a buckeye candy that is very soft but has a sweet peanut butter flavor. MuscleTech combined peanut butter and chocolate to make a great tasting bar that is not killing your calories or macros. Would highly suggest this bar.

Texture

Formula

Cost

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

NitroTech Crunch Cinnamon Bun Protein Bar Review

Taste

Cinnamon Bun – Upon unwrapping the shell you get a white looking glaze on top of the bar. While it may seem misleading, as you would expect a brownish glaze, this is not missing anything when it comes to flavor. It is comparable to a combat crunch bar in texture,but does not match the flavor of a Cinnamon Roll ONE Bar. I would state this as a hybrid of both bars. Take the crunchy outer shell, a slightly weaker ONE Bar Cinnamon Roll flavor, and a very moist center and that is what this bar offers. A really good bar that combines elements of other bars on the market to be another great addition to the Nitrotech Crunch line.

Texture

Formula

Cost

MT NitroTech Crunch Bar Thoughts

- Very comparable in price to other major brands on the market

- Crunchy outer shell and very moist center provides a bar easy to eat out of the wrapper, or melts in your mouth heated up.

- Good macros for the amount of flavor packed in each and every bar.

- Easily a must to pick up and try, a lot of people will enjoy these bars if you like Grenade, Oh Yeah ONE, or Combat Crunch Bars.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your reviews belong in a magazine! Fantastic readability and incredibly informative.