AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seems like we have very similar thoughrs on the CPB Nitrotech bar. That cinnamon roll is next on my list, great review.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Seems like we have very similar thoughrs on the CPB Nitrotech bar. That cinnamon roll is next on my list, great review.
Birthday is king off that line IMO. Honesty the whole line is a 8-10/10 depending on what you like. Texture, Taste, and macros are all very good.
I wonder how the MyBars will be when they drop this weekend for ProSupps.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got my box of Quest BBM in from Lockout last night and just had my first one (was in a rush so didn't even warm it up or anything) -- it's delicious. Easily one of, if not the the best bar(s) in their lineup. I hadn't bought/eaten Quest in a while just because the competition seems to be so much better, but based on multiple reviews on here I went for it and I don't regret that one bit.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Quest Nutrition Mocha Chocolate Chip Protein Bar Review

Taste

Mocha Chocolate Chip

If you have tried double chocolate chunk from quest, imagine eating that bar dunked in coffee. From opening the wrapper the aroma of coffee is very strong. The first bite was nothing short of heaven for those who are love coffee or mocha flavored products. The amount of chocolate chips I got in my bar was pretty typical. You get a good 3-4 large chunks and several smaller pieces throughout the bar. Granted some bars I have had have been 50% chocolate chips and 50% protein bar. Overall I would rank this up towards the top, and easily into my top 5 flavors. If you are not a huge coffee fan this may not be a top priority to run out and try and get (since it is new to quest labs). Personally I do not go a day without coffee, get me a coffee protein bar and I am sold. Not to mention the flavoring is on point. Think about a New Orleans light roasted cold brew flavored double chocolate chunk bar. That is exactly what this new flavor tastes like.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can notice the bar has the usual quest bar texture with the added flakiness from the chocolate chips included inside and outside of the bar. Since quest moved back to the OG Formulation the bar is much softer then the previous corn syrup model. Not to mention these digest much easier and are not hard as rocks.

Formula

6g Fat
24g Carbs
20g Protein
14g Fiber

Quest has recently went back to the old formula which settles much easier and produces a softer bar. Not only has this pleased a large portion of the quest community, but the general supplement consumer as a whole. It makes them digest easier (for myself) and many others. This is also an all-natural bar from Quest Nutrition which may appeal to a larger portion of fans out there.

Cost

Quest retails for about 24$ making it right around 2$ a bar. If you were to buy a single bar off the main quest website it would be around 2.39$ per bar. Buying in bulk saves you around 40 cents a bar, but all in all if on sale its pretty cost effective for 12 bars for around 20$. When you factor in flavor, and factor in good calories for less than 200 calories a bar it's a pretty nice convenient investment.

Quest Rankings

1. Blueberry Muffin
2. Cookies & Cream
3. Mocha Chocolate Chip
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
5. Apple Pie
6. Double Chocolate Chunk
7. Chocolate Brownie
8. S’mores
9. Chocolate PB
10. Cinnamon Roll

A

airn890

Awards
I don't know if these have been mentioned before but Costco has their own version of quest bars. Kirkland signature is the brand $17.99 for 20 bars in the store. They're pretty good. Definitely worth the cost.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

MusclePharm Combat Crunch Cookies & Cream Bar

Taste

Cookies & Cream - Given the outside shell with a dominant brown flavor I expected a lot more chocolate then cookies and cream. This bar took that approach when MusclePharm designed it. The sweet cream aspect of an oreo or cookie is overshadowed by the chocoalte. With the milk and cookies flavor being a mere aftertaste to the stronger chocolate it threw me off a bit. While this is still a good tasting bar it deviates from what a real cookies and cream should taste like. When I picture cookies and cream it should have a stronger sweet cream or sweet tasting flavor with the chocolate being the secondary aspect. I would rank Quest CnC, Fit Crunch C&C, and MT NitroTech CnC above this one.

Texture

The texture on combat crunch bars are very similar to the NitroTech Crunch bars by MuscleTech. You get a nice crunch on the outside, but a cakelike center. The consistency of the bar is softly chewy rather than being a tougher chew which may remind you of a quest bar. While it is not super soft like a mission 1 bar, it is not rock hard either. This provides a happy medium for a texture you can easily eat right out of the wrapper.

Formula

210 Calories
7g Fat
28g Carbs
20g Protein

While the carbs may be on the high end for some protein bars on the market it still has a good ratio of macros. The Protein matrix is made up of MPI and WPI. With MPI being a bit thicker in texture this is where the flavor shines from the thicker protein source. Of course all protein bars will be processed to a heavier degree then protein powders, so some of the ingredients even at less then 2% will still turn some people away. The main feature here is convenience of having a bar and not missing a meal.

Cost

12 bars range around 25$. Given the protein bar market usually most are 2$ a bar. If you shop at a local retailer store it may be higher. Sometimes if you roll into the 3 letter store or VS they can be upward to 3$. ALways better to buy online from a respectable source and save yourself some money. Since these are not a new release these should not cost you an arm and a leg to grab a box or pick up a few singles.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Banana Armor Carb Killa Review: Carb Killa now the king of protein bars

Meanwhile in the US we wait another 6 months for it...
Can't wait for the new Grenade flavors....

Grenade’s Banana Armor Carb Killa has this sugary sweet banana flavor to it that you just know is on point the minute you get a whiff of it after you unwrap it. What’s even more interesting is that when you urgently bite into it the flavor it’s better than you can possibly imagine. The heavy chocolate outside really compliments the sweet banana center, and at no point does it ever interfere or overpower the fruity flavor. The two tastes work so surprisingly well together it’s best to only have one Banana Armor Carb Killa within reach.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[size=+3]AntM Reviews Labrada Lean Body Protein Bars[/size]

Texture/consistency

This is no texture to this bar. There is no crunchy or anything to deviate away from the taffy like texture. It is a tad oily, but nothing overwhelming. One other things worth noting is the chewiness. These bars are slightly chewy, but not as bad as some other bars out there.

Taste

First up is cookie dough. This did taste like straight cookie dough from the package. There were some chocolate chips in the bar, but not many at all. However, the flavor is cookie dough, so I cannot take away points from my rating for that. The cookie dough flavor was pleasant and noticeable. It was just enough.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip was slightly disappointing. I love peanut butter, but these bar needed more peanut butter flavor. It was not intense enough, at least for me, someone that loves peanut butter. In the bar, there were again, little to no chocolate chips. I did not get the chocolate chip flavor at all. That was slightly disappointing given that I think it would have been a great combo and that is what the bar is labeled as. This bar tasted like the cookie dough, but with a slight peanut butter flavor to it Not bad, but not what I was hoping for.

Cookie Dough

[img[http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv159/air_rock/LeanBodyBar_Nutrition_COOKIEDOUGH_zpsncjgv4cr.jpg[/img]

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

Macros are pretty similar to one another and pretty much on par with other bars on the market. The protein content is a touch lower than most and the carbs are a touch higher. These are made from high quality protein sources and do not use soy, which is a positive, not that soy is bad.

Price

I cannot rate this sice they are not in stores yet, from what I've seen.

Bottom Line

I would say try these if you're looking for a bar, but I would not personally purchase them. I would advise buying a single bar and seeing if you like them The macros are good, but the lack of texture and slight chewiness turn me off. However, I would be able to see past those two things if the flavors were better. Cookie Dough was good, but it was nothing mind blowing that made me want more. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip lacked in peanut butter and had no chocolate chip flavor. It was just like the cookie dough, but with a small hint of peanut butter. If the flavors were better, I would try them again.

Cookie Dough - 8/10
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip - 7/10

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[size=+3]AntM Reviews BPI Best Protein Bars[/size]

First, I want to apologize for not having pictures of the smaller bars. I did, but deleted it by accident. I can say that those four bars did not have a unique look to them. They looked like your basic Quest, Venture or Mission1 Bars; that taffy looking texture.

Texture/consistency

These bars had no texture to them. No crunch or anything like that. They are your basic bar. However, the iced vanilla cupcake did have an outer coating. The inside of this bar was much softer than the other bars. The four mini bars were almost too hard. I had a couple of bites without warming them up, for accuracy in taste, but they are not the most pleasant bars out of the wrapper.

Taste

Iced Vanilla Cupcake - This tasted nothing like a cupcake. It was exactly like a white chocolate candy bar though. I am a big fan of white chocolate so I enjoyed this. No resemblance of a cupcake though.

Apple Crumble Cake - Had a hint of apple to it. I wish it was a little more prominent, it was a little too light for my liking.

Salted Caramel Pretzel - I have no idea what this tasted like, but it was very artificial and not pleasant at all. I can not put my finger on the taste.

Cookies and Cream - Pretty good and I am not usually a fan of this flavor. Had some chocolate to it and a creaminess like flavor if you can imagine that.

Smores - A hint of chocolate, but nothing else. Very artificial.

Macros are pretty similar to one another and pretty much on par with other bars on the market. The protein content is a touch lower than most and the carbs are a touch higher. These are made from high quality protein sources.

Cals - 220-250
Fat - 8-9 grams
Carbs - 28-29 grams
Protein - 20 grams

Price

Just over $1/bar.

Bottom Line

I would say pass on these. The macros are good, but the texture and consistency is bad. The texture is a typical protein bar, but they are hard and difficult to eat out of the wrapper without warming up. The only bar I liked, taste wise, was the iced vanilla cupcake, but it is not a cupcake, it is a white chocolate. The rest of the bars have an average to below average taste and some are very artificial.

My ratings take all of the above aspects into consideration

Iced Vanilla Cupcake - 8/10
Apple Crumb Cake - 6/10
Cookies and Cream - 7/10
Smores - 5/10
Salted Caramel Pretzel - 4/10

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Fit Crunch Cinnamon Twist Bar

Taste

Cinnamon Twist - Chef Irvine knocked this one out of the park. Being a cinnamon roll and twist junkie this was absolutely nailed. The Cinnamon Twist reminds me of a glorified cinnamon roll. You get the initial cinnamon roll glaze off the outer coating, and then the aftertaste of the cinnamon twist. The texture and moistness of the inside provides a rich cinnamon flavor. Each bite is bursting with flavor that leaves you lingering to take another bite right after another. Both elements go hand in hand to replicate a dessert just like how the PB Bar replicates a reese bar. If you ask me this could dethrone the Peanut Butter flavor for the best on his lineup. Depending on your taste buds (if you are a big cinnamon twist/roll lover) this will be a must buy. Even if you just grab one bar the flavor and taste alone is worth trying. Forget the 300+ Calories find a day to fit it in. It is worth every single calorie.

Texture

Chef Irvine bars are very similar to MuscleTech NitroTech Crunch Bars and MusclePharm Combat Crunch Bars. You first get a nice outer layering that provides a delicious glaze. In the cinnamon twist you get a cinnamon glazed coating. The texture is like a moist cake on the inside with a soft consistency. The of the inside with the crunchy outside make it a perfect combination. You get the best of both worlds with these bars when it comes to texture and consistency.

Formula

16g Fat
27g Carbs
30g Protein

Chef Irvine bars are not for the macro friendly. These bars pack some calories, but also back it up with incredible flavor. These are MRP (Meal Replacement) bars. These are not your typical quest, oh yeah, grenade calorie bars that are around the 200 range. While you may sacrafice some calories you will know one thing every bite will be damn well worth it for how good it tastes.

Cost

Cost since these are new are still high. They have not made it to local walmarts yet, so I have seen a 12 pack for around 30$ on a 3 letter store website. Yeah they are a bit costly, and if you walked into a store you may pay around 3$ a bar. Higher end for sure, but again these taste great, and with how good they flavored this bar it is a treat. Not something you would eat on a daily basis unless you have the cash and calories for them.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Well, to go with the title, these are the best tasting I have ever had though not healthiest due to the mono/diglycerides inclusion. Maybe they felt guilty about that and put a warning to not have more than 3 a day :D

ProSupps MYBar

From left to right: Iced Cinnamon Crunch, Ice Cream Cookie Crunch, Peanut Butter Crunch, Salted Caramel Peanut Crunch:

Best texture bars I have ever encountered. Better than Fit Crunch and the new NitroTech bars.

The solid amount of sodium (400-600mg) guarantees a strong flavor and virtually no aftertaste and enough sweetness with not much sweeteners.

Otherwise identical macros across all flavors.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[size=+3]AntM Reviews Yup Brand B Jammin Bars[/size]

Texture/consistency

No texture what so ever. It is slightly soft, but not incredible soft out of the wrapper. It is a tad chewy, but not nearly as bad as some bars out there. As you can see, you have a plain bar, the fruit filling and then that is followed by the plain bar again.

Taste

Peanut Butter and Jelly was money. It is more PB dominant than jelly, but both flavors do come through. Initially the PB flavor hits your taste buds. After chewing a little bit, you get the hint of jelly. It is a great ratio of the two flavors in my opinion. It is exactly how I would make a PBJ sandwich.

Vanilla Cheery Pie was very plain. I got not hint of vanilla. I did get some cherry flavor, but it was very underwhelming. Obviously the cherry flavor comes from the filling, which is very thin. It was not enough to cover the plainness of the bar itself. If there was more of a vanilla flavor, I think it would have been a good combo.

As you can see from the macros below, this is not labeled as a protein bar, but more as an energy bar. Here is a write up from their site:

Whether you're outside running, walking, cycling, or need a quick snack after your gym workout, B-Jammin' will give you the energy needed to help power through your workout or day. Challenged with taking a stand against nutritional ideals that don't apply to everyone, B-Jammin’ goes where no bar has gone before. Each bar delivers advanced nutrition that includes high quality protein, real mouth-watering fruit carbs, and fiber that just simply tastes better
PBJ

Vanilla Cheery Pie

Price

About $20-$25 for a box of 12.

Bottom Line

Given the price, texture and taste, I would say look elsewhere. If you are looking for a nice PBJ bar to have once and a while, then I would suggest to purchase a box since it is a good tasting bar and it is unique. However, I would not buy them all of the time. The Cherry Pie I would stay from regardless. There is no vanilla and the cherry is not strong enough. Overall, these are not the worst bars I have had. The PBJ is slightly above par while the cherry pie is sub par.

PBJ - 10/10
Vanilla Cherry Pie - 5/10

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[size=+3]AntM Reviews Snap Nutrition Ooh Snap! Protein Crispy Bar[/size]

Texture/consistency

Yes, as the name claims, this is a crispy bar and a very crispy one at that. It is EXACTLY like a Rice Krispie Treat bar. It is light and air like one with an incredible crunch in every bite.

Taste

This was Chocolate Peanut. I did not get the peanut at all, but I did get the chocolate. What I enjoyed most was that the chocolate was not overbearing. I am not the biggest chocolate fan and prefer dark chocolate to milk. This had a subtle and natural milk chocolate taste to it. The label does say it contains peanut and peanut butter, but I did not get that at all.

This is a lower calorie bar that is moderate in fat, moderate/low in carbs and has a moderate protein content. I like it because it is great for anyone, a low carb person, low fat, etc. One may complain because the first type of protein listed is soy protein isolate. However, this does not bother my=e since there are other sources of protein and it is probably not all that much soy in total. I would like to see it eliminated though.

Price

About $14 for a box of 7. Roughly $2/bar. A little on the higher side for something that uses soy protein, is small (44 grams) and given the overall protein content (15g/bar).

Bottom Line

If you're in the market for something on the go, not a "protein" or "meal replacement" bar, but rather a bar to keep at work, in the car or to add to a meal, I would definitely suggest this. It will not fill you up, but is a great addition to a full meal or even a small something between meals. I could even see this being pre workout fuel since they do not fill you up a ton.

I really enjoyed this flavor despite not getting any peanut or peanut butter flavor. If that had come through, the taste would be perfect. If it was just labeled as chocolate, it would be perfect as well. However, having the word peanut in the name implies there should be some peanut flavoring, which I did not experience.

The profile is very friendly, but I would like to see soy protein isolate go. I am not against soy protein once in a whole, but would prefer better protein sources. Lastly, the price is in line with most other brands, $2/bar, but keep in mind those bars are larger and provide more protein and all around better protein sources.

All in all, this is a great bar and is versatile. I will pick up a box of the vanilla marshmallow. How I would fix this bar is drop the price OR use a different protein source, other than soy and infuse more peanut or peanut butter flavoring into the bar. 8.5/10

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Well, to go with the title, these are the best tasting I have ever had though not healthiest due to the mono/diglycerides inclusion. Maybe they felt guilty about that and put a warning to not have more than 3 a day :D

ProSupps MYBar

From left to right: Iced Cinnamon Crunch, Ice Cream Cookie Crunch, Peanut Butter Crunch, Salted Caramel Peanut Crunch:

Best texture bars I have ever encountered. Better than Fit Crunch and the new NitroTech bars.

The solid amount of sodium (400-600mg) guarantees a strong flavor and virtually no aftertaste and enough sweetness with not much sweeteners.

Otherwise identical macros across all flavors.

ive tried questbars, and maaaaany others and i agree, these are by far my favorite (cinnamon crunch one is especially tasty)

as far as taste goes, i really like power crunch bars and their new power crunch crisps too.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I just joined Costco. For $0.90 per bar (20 Bars for $17.99) their Kirkland Quest Copies KICK A$$! I think they taste as good, if not better, especially the ChocChip. I'm done - found my staple bar (not that I eat a lot of them, mostly for travel).

K

KODA24

Awards
I like premier protein bars. 30g protein 25 carbs (apprx). best bang for your buck. Tasty. I also like the Robert Irvine bars.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

MusclePharm Combat S'Mores Bar

Taste

S'mores - There were some small, chocolatey crisps in this bar though, and dispersed among the top layer of chocolate coating. Besides that, like all other Combat Crunch flavors this bar has a firmer, crunchier coating on the outside filled with a soft-baked center. The chocolate flavor to this bar is excellent and strong enough to satisfy that chocolatey craving, but it’s not too sweet or rich like Oh Yeah One’s chocolate brownie flavor can be. The Marshmallow was lacking as it was just a swirl on the top of the bar. For those who love marshmallow which is a huge compliment to a s'more you will be let down. The middle is cake-like and has the nice texture and falvor of a graham cracker. It tastes like a graham cracker cookie dough for the filling of the bar. MusclePharm did a good job on this one, just really missed on the Marshmallow aspect which leaves out one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle to a S'more.

Texture

The texture on combat crunch bars are very similar to the NitroTech Crunch bars by MuscleTech. You get a nice crunch on the outside, but a cakelike center. The consistency of the bar is softly chewy rather than being a tougher chew which may remind you of a quest bar. While it is not super soft like a mission 1 bar, it is not rock hard either. This provides a happy medium for a texture you can easily eat right out of the wrapper.

Formula

210 Calories
7g Fat
25g Carbs
20g Protein

While the carbs may be on the high end for some protein bars on the market it still has a good ratio of macros. The Protein matrix is made up of MPI and WPI. With MPI being a bit thicker in texture this is where the flavor shines from the thicker protein source. Of course all protein bars will be processed to a heavier degree then protein powders, so some of the ingredients even at less then 2% will still turn some people away. The main feature here is convenience of having a bar and not missing a meal.

Cost

12 bars range around 25$. Given the protein bar market usually most are 2$ a bar. If you shop at a local retailer store it may be higher. Sometimes if you roll into the 3 letter store or VS they can be upward to 3$. Always better to buy online from a respectable source and save yourself some money. Since these are not a new release these should not cost you an arm and a leg to grab a box or pick up a few singles.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I found the cinnamon quite strong in those ^^^ It was more like Mexican chocolate flavor.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards

What's your favorite combat crunch flavor? How does this rate against the o her ones?

My fav is the cinnamon one followed by cookie dough

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What's your favorite combat crunch flavor? How does this rate against the o her ones?

My fav is the cinnamon one followed by cookie dough
only had this and cookies and cream.Good bars.. I still put MuscleTech NitroCrunch, Fit Crunch, Grenade above them..
Recently I do enjoy Oh Yeah One Bars, but the ~10g of sugar alcohols per bar just do not settle well on my stomach.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Grenade Peanut Nutter

Grabbed the sample pack that came out to $2/bar for all 5 shipped, which was worth it for me to sample this.

Upon opening, I'm not gonna lie, it actually kind of smelled like a Nutter Butter which is funny given the debate about the name and the fact that I haven't eaten those in years, so no clue how that smell stuck with me.

Have to say, best flavor comparison I can come up with is like Snickers Peanut Butter Squared. Obviously not as strong and really, the PB wasn't that overpowering, either. But neither was the chocolate. It felt very evenly balanced to me. I put it right up with white chocolate cookie depending on what I'm in the mood for, but both are ahead of Caramel Chaos and Chocolate Cream to me. Still have to sample the Chocolate Crunch before I can weigh in on it.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Grenade Peanut Nutter

Grabbed the sample pack that came out to $2/bar for all 5 shipped, which was worth it for me to sample this.

Upon opening, I'm not gonna lie, it actually kind of smelled like a Nutter Butter which is funny given the debate about the name and the fact that I haven't eaten those in years, so no clue how that smell stuck with .
Are these the best bars you have had ? Taste wise? I love wafers and I love nutter butters.. I'm tempted to try this
only had this and cookies and cream.Good bars.. I still put MuscleTech NitroCrunch, Fit Crunch, Grenade above them..
Hmmm to each their own. Those ar definitely good but I love combat crunches and power crunch bars the best ( taste wise) .

I'm surprised there isn't a huge quest following like they had in the past. I hate chewy textures

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are these the best bars you have had ? Taste wise? I love wafers and I love nutter butters.. I'm tempted to try this

Hmmm to each their own. Those ar definitely good but I love combat crunches and power crunch bars the best ( taste wise) .

I'm surprised there isn't a huge quest following like they had in the past. I hate chewy textures
This and white chocolate cookie are my 2 favs. TBH, Quest BBM still may beat it out. Its honestly just been too long since I've had it to say. But of the 5 Grenade flavors I've had, these are the only 2 I would purchase a box of again (others aren't bad at all; just don't enjoy them as much).

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[size=+3]AntM Reviews BSN Syntha 6 Protein Crisp Bars[/size]

The profile of these bars are the same no matter the flavor. They are comparable to other protein bars. I do like that they are not laoded with fiber. I hate bars that have more than 10 grams of fiber. It actually is harder for me to get food in when bars are high in fiber, since most of the foods I eat are high in fiber. The protein sources are top notch too. It does use soy, but it is the last protein listed. This bar may disrupt some stomach with 6 grams of sugar alcohols, but it isn't that much, so I wouldn't be too concerned about that. Personally, I have no issues, even at higher amounts.

Price

Regular price is about $20 for a 12 count box, a little less than similar bars.

Texture/consistency

Very similar to a Rice Kirspie. The Salted Caramel Toffee has a little bit more of a crunch due to the pretzel bits. I would say overall they are a little softer than a Rice Krispie Treat. You can take a fork, use a little force, and cut through it. I absolutely enjoyed the overall texture and consistency.

Taste

This is the order which I had them.

Peanut Butter Crunch - I was disappointed with this. I love peanut butter, I can eat it plain, out of the jar. There was a subtle peanut butter flavor, but it was extremely underwhelming. You can see a peanut butter drizzle and bottom to the bar, but it was lacking a lot. It essentially tasted like a regular Rice Krispie Treat, with a hint of peanut butter. It was by no means bad, just too plain. If the flavor profile was a regular Rice Krispie Treat knockoff, I'd give it a 10. 7/10

Chocolate Crunch - This was my second favorite, despite not being a chocolate lover. I really like white chocolate and enjoy dark chocolate. Milk chocolate and semi sweet are not really for me. I have to be in the mood. You can see a chocolate base and drizzle. There were a few chocolate chips inside the bar (sorry for not taking a picture). It was not a pure dark or milk chocolate taste. It had hints of both, which I enjoyed. It changed up the taste, which is a nice addition. If you enjoy chocolate, you'd probably rate this flavor higher than me. 8/10

Salted Toffee Pretzel - I was excited the most for this flavor since it is different than the other two and your typical flavor profile. Right away, you see pretzel chunks on the bar. You also see them inside the bar. Each bite is great! You get a little saltiness, some pretzel and some caramel. Depending on how much caramel or pretzel is in the section of the bar you're on, you may get more or less. This was easily my favorite flavor and I could not imagine making it better. Job well done. 10/10

Bottom Line

My final rating is going to take each flavor into consideration as well as everything else I touched upon. I would definitely suggest these bars to anyone, especially those they like a crunchy bar and do not like getting an abnormally high amount of fiber from a bar. The profile is perfect. The peanut butter is underwhelming in the peanut butter department, but is still a good tasting bar. Chocolate is could, if you're a chocolate fanatic, you'll really like this. Salted Toffee Pretzel was mind blowing. It was extremely good and with each bite, you get the natural caramel with the pretzel. Price on these are solid, under $2 a par, normally price and I saw a deal today to make these $13 for a 12 count box.​
9/10

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Grenade Peanut Nutter

Upon opening, I'm not gonna lie, it actually kind of smelled like a Nutter Butter which is funny given the debate about the name and the fact that I haven't eaten those in years, so no clue how that smell stuck with me.

Have to say, best flavor comparison I can come up with is like Snickers Peanut Butter Squared. Obviously not as strong and really, the PB wasn't that overpowering, either. But neither was the chocolate. It felt very evenly balanced to me. I put it right up with white chocolate cookie depending on what I'm in the mood for, but both are ahead of Caramel Chaos and Chocolate Cream to me. Still have to sample the Chocolate Crunch before I can weigh in on it.
Good review. Slightly disappointed that the PB is underwhelming. I will still have to try one.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[size=+3]AntM Reviews FitJoy Protein Bars[/size]

Texture/consistency

These are both your typical soft bars with the same texture and consistency of most other bars. On the Iced Gingerbread Cookie, there is a slight crunch with the nuts on top, but there are not enough to give it a crunch in every bite. The Winter Peppermint Bark also has some crunch, but not enough for my liking, with the crushed up peppermints on top of the bar. The bars are not chewy and easy to eat.

Taste

Iced Gingerbread Cookie tasted exactly how it sounds. I know you may ask how does it rate in the "iced" category. The bottom layer gives it an iced like flavor. Rich and somewhat sweet. The ginger and cinnamon come through. The ginger flavor does come through, but it is not overpowering. By that I mean you do not get that extra spiciness from something with too much ginger. I would not change the flavor of this bar.

Winter Peppermint Bar was also very good. The peppermint is pretty intense, but not overbearing. It was a little too much for my liking. I like peppermint, but it would have been better if it was cut with chocolate or some type of chocolate. It will leave your breath minty, so that should tell you how minty it is. I would not say it is as minty as just a peppermint , I would rate it just as minty as a New York Peppermint Patty.

Iced Gingerbread Cookie
Cals - 230
Fat - 7
Carbs - 24
Protein 20

Winter Peppermint Bark
Cals - 230
Fat - 8
Carbs - 24
Protein 20

Protein sources are from whey protein isolate and milk protein isolate. All good sources of protein.

Price

About $28 for a box of 12.

Bottom Line

Both bars are very good and worth the purchase if you enjoy Christmas season flavors. As far as the texture and consistency goes, I wish there was more crunch. The Iced Gingerbread Cookie is perfect as far as the flavor is concerned. For the Winter Peppermint Bark, I wold prefer if the flavor was a little less minty or was cut with some other flavor profile.

Iced Gingerbread Cookie - 10/10
Winter Peppermint Bark - 9/10

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[size=+3]AntM Reviews Yup Brands B-UP Bars Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough[/size]

As you can see this bar is moderate in carbs and protein, high in fiber and low in fat. There is also minimal sugar and salt. The protein is also from high quality protein sources, not soy which you find sometimes.

Price

About $2.50 per bar. A little higher than most competitors.

Texture/consistency

These have the texture of your normal Quest like protein bars. No crunch or anything special. They were a tad on the hard side. They do have ice chocolate chips though.

Taste

This bar tastes just like a Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar, which if you have every had, you know they are great. The one difference in taste is the cookie dough flavor is not as strong. I have tried several of this brand of bars and they lack a lot of flavor. Sometimes it is almost non existent. It is not a bad flavor, just plan with some chocolate chip flavoring.

Bottom Line

Texture and consistency are average, but the bar as a whole was a tad hard. It does have the chocolate chip flavor, but the cookie dough flavor is lacking. Just think of it as an Quest CCCD bar, but not as strong flavor wise. Price wise, the bars are a little more expensive as well. I would say look elsewhere for a CCCD flavor bar. 7/10

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[size=+3]AntM Reviews Yup Brands B-UP Bars[/size]

As you can see this bar is moderate in carbs and protein, high in fiber and low in fat. There is also minimal sugar and salt. The protein is also from high quality protein sources, not soy which you find sometimes.

Price

About $2.50 per bar. A little higher than most competitors.

Texture/consistency

Smooth bars with no texture. Both bars were somewhat sticky, slightly chewy, and were a tad hard.

Taste

Chocolate Mint - This had a good mint flavor. Not too strong, but not too weak. It was quite noticeable, but would not leave your breathe minty afterwards. There is absolutely no chocolate. That was slightly disappointing because I like the flavor combo. However, I think if there was a chocolate taste, the mint would have been underwhelming.

Sugar Cookie - Very disappointed in this flavor. The bar was very plain and almost had no taste to it. Please search the thread for my view on the Cinnamon Roll taste, it was just like that. Plain.

Bottom Line

Texture and consistency are average, but the bar as a whole was a tad hard. The mint is a nice touch, but has no chocolate and the Sugar Cookie has no taste to it. The macros are good, but given the price, consistency and flavor, look elsewhere.

Chocolate Mint - 7/10
Sugar Cookie - 5/10

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FYI, there's a Gold Box deal on Nitro Tech (and Mission 1) bars for $16/12. Only have cookie dough and bday cake.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FYI, there's a Gold Box deal on Nitro Tech (and Mission 1) bars for $16/12. Only have cookie dough and bday cake.
Grabbed 2 boxes of each and they already showed up earlier this week. Tried out each and I'm very pleased.

Birthday cake is better than the ONE bar, IMO. Cookie Dough is different from other cookie doughs with the coating, so I won't necessarily rate it over or under another one; it's different than Quest and that's one of their bars that is still very good, IMO (Apple Pie and Blueberry Muffin are the other 2 that I just love).

Also, was able to get in on the free sample for 2 B-Up bars.

One they sent was sugar cookie, which I've had before and it's okay; nothing ground breaking.

The new one is Red Velvet, which I just ate and I loved it. It tasted like eating red velvet cookie dough because of the consistency. Doesn't look as good as most of the bars, but it was wonderful.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Grab cinnamon bun off the nitro tech line they are great
Those were the only 2 flavors on sale and that's the only reason I grabbed them. I still have some Carb Killa and ONE bars stashed away, so wasn't in a position of wanting to buy. But at $16/box shipped, it was worth it to grab based on the reviews I'd seen and normal price.

Whenever I work through these (will be quite some time lol) or another solid sale like that pops up, I'll definitely be planning on that flavor.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Taste

S'mores - There were some small, chocolatey crisps in this bar though, and dispersed among the top layer of chocolate coating. Besides that, like all other Combat Crunch flavors this bar has a firmer, crunchier coating on the outside filled with a soft-baked center. The chocolate flavor to this bar is excellent and strong enough to satisfy that chocolatey craving, but it’s not too sweet or rich like Oh Yeah One’s chocolate brownie flavor can be. The Marshmallow was lacking as it was just a swirl on the top of the bar. For those who love marshmallow which is a huge compliment to a s'more you will be let down. The middle is cake-like and has the nice texture and falvor of a graham cracker. It tastes like a graham cracker cookie dough for the filling of the bar. MusclePharm did a good job on this one, just really missed on the Marshmallow aspect which leaves out one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle to a S'more.

Texture

Formula

210 Calories
7g Fat
25g Carbs
20g Protein

Cost

12 bars range around 25$. Given the protein bar market usually most are 2$ a bar. If you shop at a local retailer store it may be higher. Sometimes if you roll into the 3 letter store or VS they can be upward to 3$. Always better to buy online from a respectable source and save yourself some money. Since these are not a new release these should not cost you an arm and a leg to grab a box or pick up a few singles.

^^^^

Look about 10 posts up...
Already covered :)

has someone tried these yet? please !!!! combat crunches are by far my favorite and i love s'mores.... this is a new flavor.

http://www.images-iherb.com/l/MSF-41671-3.jpg

combat crunch s'more flavor

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Found the new Maple Glazed Doughnut One bars for $22.99 a box. Not too bad compared to their price on their main webpage.
Reviews so far are best bar on the line....

Ill be getting my review up of them soon once i get some in!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Oh Snap Chocolate Peanut Protein Bar Review

Taste

Chocolate Peanut - The chocolate is hands down the dominant flavor in this bar. Not only is the bar coated in chocolate, but the peanut is more of an aftertaste. The chocolate is your typical milk chocolate flavor that is a replica of a Hershey chocolate bar but not as bold. With how subtle the peanut flavoring is it is almost hard to really pick up on it. I would rank this a 80/20 mixture of chocolate to peanut. For those who want a good example of what this resembles blend together a rice krispy treat and the flavoring of a nutty buddy snack bar you pick up at the grocery store.

Texture

The Snap bars are very similar in texture to a rice krispy treat. They are a little dense on the outside but very soft and moist on the inside. For the calories and texture these bars are absolutely fantastic.

Macros

6g Fat
15g Carbs
9g Fiber
15g Protein

Its incredible the flavor these bars provide for the total amount of calories offered. The only downside people give this bar is that soy protein is one of the first protein sources listed. A big thing for me and why I like the bars is the minimal amount of sugar alcohols added. At only 2g these digest easy for me as some protein bars bloat me.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Fitjoy Birthday Cake Batter Bar Review

Taste

Birthday Cake - The birthday cake flavor in this bar surprised me to be honest. It is not a typical "birthday cake" flavor that is just a glorified vanilla. You get little hints of sprinkles and cake batter in the aftertaste of every bite. The icing that is layered on top of the bar provides a vanilla frosting that is layered or topped on a real birthday cake. In essence this kind of resembled AI Sports Birthday Cake protein powder in a protein bar. I will be 100% honest that I am not a huge fan of most fitjoy bar flavors, but this one is an exception just like Pumpkin & Frosted Cinnamon Roll which are my favorites.

Texture

The texture on fitjoy bars are extremly soft. Almost to the point it can resemble play dough. While some people may like very soft bars its almost to the point where it is too soft. I personally prefer a bar with a bit more texture (OH Yeah One, Grenade, Combat Crunch, Nitrotech Crunch), but not rock hard (Quest).

Macros

Fitjoy has a good balance of macros clocking in right around 200 calories a bar. This is about average for most protein bars on the market. They are lower in sugar, so they do digest easy compared to those that are loaded with sugar alcohols or sweeteners.

8g Fat
22g Carbs
10g Fiber
3g Sugar
20g Protein

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Oh Yeah Maple Glazed Doughnut Protein Bar

Taste

The bar tastes has a dense maple frosting. The donut flavoring is more pronounced in the bar itself. What does linger on your tastebuds are hints of cinnamon that give the maple flavor a unique touch. With how strong the maple is, and how well this replicated a mapled frosted Donut Oh Yeah really hit the nail on the head.

If I had to include this on the list of top flavors off the OH yeah line: 1&2 Could be a tie, very hard as both were very good.

1)/2 Birthday Cake

1/2) Maple Glazed Donut

3) Cinnamon Roll

4) Almond Bliss

5) Lemon Cake

Texture

Oh yeah One bars are a good bar that can be eaten right out of the wrapper. If you do like to microwave bars this only needs a few seconds to melt in your mouth. ONE Bars are an ideal consistency that are not too soft (Mission 1 or Fitjoy like playdough), and not rock hard like some Quest bars can be.

Macros

8g Fat

24g Carbs

9g Fiber

20g Protein

A very good balance of macros for a protein bar clocking in at 220 calories. The only downgrade I gave the OH Yeah One bars is the amount of sugar alcohols included. 10g is excessive and leaves a hurting on my digestive tract.

For ~$22 on an online source it is a good buy for how good these are.
Their main webpage is around $27 + 10$ shipping. Of course it will be marked up.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh yea birthday cake has been my favorite tasting bar. I'm gonna have to try the maple flavor now. Thanks The Solution!

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Oh yea birthday cake has been my favorite tasting bar. I'm gonna have to try the maple flavor now. Thanks The Solution!
I've been thinking of trying this for a week now bc of solutions review

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

ProSupps MyBar Iced Cinnamon Crunch Review

Taste

Iced Cinnamon Crunch – For my first experience with MyBar I was very surprised. The cinnamon flavor is very pure and almost resembles and cinnamon dough. Think about biting into a cinnamon roll and getting the cinnamon glaze with a buttery aftertaste. While this is not as pure as a baked good, they do a good job of replicating it in a protein bar. The coating on the bar provides the icing like a cinnamon roll just not as sweet but packs a punch. Due to how soft the inside is (think brownie like consistency) the bar doesn't break with the firm outside nor is the soft inside too soft where it like playdough. Overall a very good job for my first experience, I hope the other flavors are this good.

Texture

If you ever had a Muscletech Nitrocrunch bar or a Musclepharm combat crunch bar these are almost identical in texture. They have a nice glaze on top and then a very crunchy inside. The inside provides a chewy texture, so you get the best of both worlds with a crunchy outside and soft inside. I really enjoy these kind of bars that are not super hard, nor soft, but right in the middle where eating out of the wrapper is enjoyable without breaking your teeth.

Macros

10g Fat
17g Carbs
20g Protein

- it’s a mix of whey protein isolate , whey protein contcentrate, and Milk Protein Isolate
- only has 1g of fiber
- Sucralose is last ingredient, so not filled with a ton of sweeters and only 6g of sugar per bar.
- Veggie oil and soybean oil is a reason for the higher fat content per bar.

Myrmidon

Myrmidon

Awards
I'm in this thread. After 3 years I'm breaking down, so sick of whey shakes I can hardly stand it. I have a box of Quest Blueberry muffin on the way along with Optimum Nutrition Cake bites. I'm curious if there's any consensus on a best bang for your buck type of bar? Something with decent macros, decent taste that's maybe a little cheaper than Quest? I've gone through this thread a couple times and I'm shocked at how many choices there are nowadays.

Also, Ive been told to avoid soy proteins due to them being estrogenic. Is that just bro science?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in this thread. After 3 years I'm breaking down, so sick of whey shakes I can hardly stand it. I have a box of Quest Blueberry muffin on the way along with Optimum Nutrition Cake bites. I'm curious if there's any consensus on a best bang for your buck type of bar? Something with decent macros, decent taste that's maybe a little cheaper than Quest? I've gone through this thread a couple times and I'm shocked at how many choices there are nowadays.

Also, Ive been told to avoid soy proteins due to them being estrogenic. Is that just bro science?
Regarding soy -- I would look for it to not be the first ingredient listed in your protein (e.g. soy being in there isn't the end of the world, but I'd prefer my protein coming from whey as far as the majority of it goes). Additionally, you just want to make sure you're not wolfing them down and eat them on occasion and then it doesn't really matter.

As far as cost -- some have mentioned I believe Costco's (?) Quest knockoff being cheaper and decent. Other than that, I just look for sales. Anything under $2/bar is good for me. I grabbed some NitroTech Crunch boxes of 12 for $16 or $17 each on a gold box deal from Amazon.