New Here - Help Me Pick Supplements

KevinConn

KevinConn

Awards
Hi guys,

First thread here. Let me just start by saying that I am so glad I discovered this website. Opened my eyes to so many supplements that I had no idea were out there. I realize this may be an annoying/common thread to make but I'm just a little overwhelmed at the number of options out there and didn't know where else to post this - so apologies if this is a chitty thread to make.

So I am just coming off of a cut soon and will be starting a 16 week bodybuilding/powerlifting program. Starts with 8 weeks of high rep, lots of accessory work with hypertrophy and weakness correction being the main goal. It then transitions into 8 weeks of heavy powerlifting type training with sets no higher than 5 reps, most being 1-3 reps and then finishing with a test week. So I need some help picking some supplements that I want to run during this program. I have two trains of thought:

1) Buy many staple supplements in bulk such as beta alanine, betaine, creatinol-o-phosphate, LCLT, agmatine etc and any others that are recommended and run these the whole time

2) Use 2 or 3 single supplements throughout the program that suits the type of stimulus the program is delivering. Since the first 8 weeks are hypertrophy based I was thinking something like ARA as I’ve heard good things for muscle growth. Still looking for another one to run during the second half that is best suited for strength or whatever you guys think is optimal

I figure that both options will come out to around the same price and that is the reason I can’t do both options even though that would be best – just not in the budget. Let me know your thoughts!

Currently taking: fish oil, multi, B complex, D3, creatine, Gatorade+BCAAs intra, R-ALA, zinc sometimes, P.A. as soy lecithin sometimes (just a bitch to consume)

I'm 22 years old - thought about test boosters as an option but not sure how effective they would be at my age.

Thanks

Last edited:
smith_69

smith_69

Awards
buying bulk would be cheaper, no? would also allow you to add a little more or less as needed

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly can't go wrong with either. Try one course of action then the other and see which is more effective with you.

SNS sells almost all the supps you listed, including ArA (x gels)

https://nutraplanet.com/brands/sns/

I would personally go with x gels+PA. You won't be disappointed.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Keep it simple as always. As you are coming in to a new program, it is easy to attribute the success of your goals to the supplements you introduce at the same time, so just keep that in mind.

I like bulk ingredients, but I mostly add them into existing pre workouts or other products just to kick them up a notch. There are some (ALCAR, Huperzine A, Gluconoralactone etc) that I take stand alone during studies or work, but performance wise I generally add them to a pre workout.
For a bulk, X gels and Soy Lecithin granules make for an effective bulkng stack that wont break the bank. Mostly aiding in strength and activating mTOR (protein synthesis). Aside from that, the bulks you are already using are great staples.

Nutraplanet has a good stock of SNS goodies that you can compare prices with to those you might already be using just to give you some more options to play around with.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like both options. I'd say whichever comes out cheaper would be the way to go. But as mentioned above you could do a combo of both of your options if you wanted.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Both options would be a good approach. I think you could combine both options by using an all in one staple product to cover your basics, and then add in 2-3 other products more directed for strength and muscle growth. I would look into CreMax XT, which is a great staple product that covers many of the bulk staples you mention in your first option. CreMax XT contains a full serving of creatine, 2.5g of betaine, glycerol, amentoflavone, and electolytes. This product would be a perfect all in one staple to cover your basics, and it would be an easier option than buying all your staples in bulk.

CreMax XT would eliminate the need to buy so many bulk powders, so from there you could focus on adding in more goal specific products to help you gain strength and build muscle.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Would also agree with the PA recommendation and get Soy Lecithin Granules they are fairly inexpensive and you can take in a good bit of PA + other phosphotides for around 10-11$/month. Stacking it with the ARA should get some great results.

I have had really good experience using Soy Lecithin granules over 8 months and am using them again right now lot of health benefits and the benefits of PA

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome to the forum! Strong first thread!

I appreciate seeing someone who has done some research and seems to genuinely care about making progress and doing it in a smart way. You've laid out some really solid plans and going with a few supplements or bulk ingredients can both work. ArA is a fantastic choice and I'd opt for SNS X Gels or MN X Factor (OG) (both are sold out at Lockout at the moment lol). PA is a cheap way to do things like you mentioned, so good one to stick with. If you're looking for anything else mass/strength wise, I'd consider Anabeta Elite, MyoSynergy Elite, or BMP; but again, certainly not necessary with what you've mentioned.

I haven't used OL's Tr1umph yet, but the profile is solid and I've heard it tastes great. Either that or Ergonine would be a great sort of all-in-one product to pick up and add into the mix.

http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=2005112
http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=2005159

(use anabolic05 for 5% off)

And if you're looking for a good pre-workout, there are plenty out there, but I'm not gonna lie, I've absolutely been loving USP's Max Reps ever since I tried it. Taste is on point and energy is fantastic (though I take mine with caffeine and a tab of Bronkaid for ephedrine since it is stim-free).

Hope you'll stick around and be a part of the forum community -- it's a great place to learn.

KevinConn

KevinConn

Awards
Thanks for the responses everybody! Very helpful.

And yes, now that I add it up, buying many single ingredients in bulk will be cheaper than 2 bottles of ArA and something else if i decide to go with that. Being in Canada, the conversion rate at the time really screws me so 2 bottles of ArA is over $100.

Jiigzz, you make an excellent point about this program being a new stimulus to the body and therefore my body will most likely respond favourably with or without supplementation. I will keep this in mind when evaluating my progress - I do know my body pretty well I usually can tell if gains are coming faster or slower than usual.

So I take it that ArA and PA are favorites on this forum - any others that are recommended? And also, if I just stuck with ArA and maybe a couple bulk staples (or maybe that CreMax mentioned), would you recommend taking it after 4 weeks of being on the program since gains will probably come easily at first since I am moving from a cut into a clean bulk/bodybuilding program?

Thanks everyone!

Edit: Oh and I do take a 200mg caffeine pill as my pre-workout - it's all I need to feel energized and focused for my workouts.

KevinConn

KevinConn

Awards
Also, a question about AnaBeta Elite - the only ingredient in it that I recognize is forskolin which I hear a lot of good things about. Are the other ingredients in the product what make it so popular/effective? How effective would it be to use forsolin on its own compared to ABE? Because ABE is fairly pricey.

Thanks

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, a question about AnaBeta Elite - the only ingredient in it that I recognize is forskolin which I hear a lot of good things about. Are the other ingredients in the product what make it so popular/effective? How effective would it be to use forsolin on its own compared to ABE? Because ABE is fairly pricey.

Thanks
Drastically different. Forskolin is just icing on the cake as the last ingredient. The others ingredients along with forskolin are all very effective and make the product as a whole. Go with Abe.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses everybody! Very helpful.

So I take it that ArA and PA are favorites on this forum - any others that are recommended? And also, if I just stuck with ArA and maybe a couple bulk staples (or maybe that CreMax mentioned), would you recommend taking it after 4 weeks of being on the program since gains will probably come easily at first since I am moving from a cut into a clean bulk/bodybuilding program?

Thanks everyone!
It wouldn't be a bad thing to wait a few weeks before adjusting to your new program to start adding in supplements. It would be easier to determine if the supplements were helping you, or if it was mainly the change in programming. I always like to try to adjust only one or two variables when I add in supplements or change programs so I know what's working.

Aside from ArA and PA, you could also look into Alphamax XT. AlphaMax XT is a natural anabolic product that has a very complete profile to help increase natural testosterone production while limiting cortisol and estrogen in the body. It also contains 50mg of forskolin which you mentioned above as an ingredient you're familiar with. Forskolin is great for helping to keep you lean while gaining strength. Alphamax XT has a very comprehensive ingredient profile to promote lean strength and size from many different angles

KevinConn

KevinConn

Awards
Thanks for the help everyone.

I think I'm going to go with AnaBeta Elite and some other bulk supplements that fit in the budget. I just really like the reviews and the information on the product. I see on the product description it says to run for 30 days but I think I've seen plenty of people on here run two bottles in a row for a total of 8 weeks - I'm assuming this is ok?

Also, I think I will go with dosing it with my pre-workout meal and my post-workout meal however I was wondering for best results, do you take it with the meal, or 20-30 minutes before the meal? I've seen conflicting information online.

Thanks.

KevinConn

KevinConn

Awards
Hey guys, so might cut is lasting a little longer than expected but I’m trying to finish it up in the next 4 weeks before starting a long lean bulk. I’m not really running any fat loss supps so far except ALA which doesn’t really count in my books but I decided I’m going to run Erase and Shift for 4 weeks to really get lean. My diet and training are on point, I’m just looking for that extra push to take off the last few pounds. I have quite a few questions about them though as there is a lot of conflicting info out there and the fact that there is around 5 different version of Erase.

When it comes to Shift:

1) Is it better to take both caps in the morning or to do 1 AM/1PM? I’ve seen it dosed both ways and I just wondered if one is better than the other.

2) I’ve read that you should not take Shift around the same time as caffeine. Just wondering how far they should be dosed away from each other if I decide to dose 1AM/1PM.

3) It’s best to take Shift on an empty stomach correct? If so, how far ahead of breakfast/meals should I be taking them?

When it comes to Erase:

I’m buying one of the older versions simply due to it being cheaper. The formula is: Uncaria Tomentosa (Bark) Extract, Abieta-8,11,13-trien-18-oic acid 300mg - As a dietary supplement, take one (1) capsule, 1-3 times daily.

4) Just wondering what the best way to dose this is as the instructions say 1-3 times daily. How far away should the doses be from each other and should they be taken on an empty stomach or with meals? And it’s ok to take at the same time as Shift correct?

This is my first time using any PES products and my first with any sort of fat burner or estrogen/cortisol control product so I'm excited!