New Black Lion Research no stim pump product HAN SWOLO!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HAN SWOLO
QUICK REFERENCE

Vasodilation
Anti inflammatory
Prevents oxidative stress
Prevents muscle atrophy
Reduces blood glucose
Reduces bodyfat
Increases insulin sensitivity
Increases energy output

LIGUSTRAZINE PHOSPHATE
Ligustrazine is a natural compound isolated from Chinese herbal medicine Ligusticum wallichii (Chuan Xiong), which has been extensively used for medicinal purpose for more than 2000 years. Ligustrazine was firstly isolated in 1957 and has been increasingly studied for its action on myocardial and cerebral infarction since 1970s. In the past decades, researchers explored other pharmacological capabilities of Ligustrazine in various diseases, such as coronary heart disease, diabetes, cancers, and liver injury. Accordingly, laboratory study verified the regulation ability of this agent in multiple molecular targets, such as anti-inflammation, antioxidant, antiplatelet, and antiapoptosis. The pharmacology of Ligustrazine has been well reviewed.

The cardiovascular pharmacological effects of Ligustrazine aroused widespread interest among researchers in recent years. There are considerable documents supporting the view that this monomer can be a promising botanical remedy for cardiovascular diseases. The possible mechanism of its action might include modulating ion channels, stimulating the release of NO production, inhibiting vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration, scavenging ROS, regulating inflammation and apoptosis, and preventing platelet aggregation.

Bioavailability
Ligustrazine has a bioavailability of around 10% and experiences rapid clearance giving it a very short half life. This makes is unsuitable for supplemental usage without modification. The phosphate addition increases bioavailability to around 87% vs 10% and the inhibitor quercetin co crystals prevents its rapid metabolism increasing half life many times over.
Combined this makes our Ligustrazine phosphate the strongest version available and makes this stuff one hell of a vasodilator and performance enhancer.

Ligustrazine phosphate is a fantastic nitric oxide booster but works in multiple ways to open blood vessels. Testing indicates it is effective even in the presence of stimulants. It is also slightly anabolic and prevents muscle atrophy. Ligustrazine reduces oxidative stress and reduces inflammation making it a fantastic addition.

OSTHOLE CYCLODEXTRIN COMPLEX
Osthole is a coumarin commonly found in Cnidium monnieri. Cnidium has been used for thousands of years in Chinese medicine for anti-viral properties, skin rashes and breakouts, as pro-erectile agents, anti-osteoporotic as well as anti-diabetic and sometimes anti-inflammatory. Studies indicate that if bioavailability is enhanced osthole can be an exceptional vasodilator and will work in spite of CNS stimulant useage.

Osthole has been around in the supplement industry for as long as I can remember, and, considering how great it looks on paper I was always curious why its effects were so dismal.

Bioavailability.
Osthole has a somewhat low oral bioavilability along with a very low water solubility and experiences rapid first pass metabolism. A limited percentage is absorbed and of this limited percentage 40% is gone at 5 min and at least 80% of that osthole is metabolized within 20 min. As such we have taken steps to ensure the our osthole actually works. We have employed an osthole cyclodextrin complex with the addition of a strong metabolic inhibitor (quercetin niacin co crystals). Our bioavailable Quercetin has a strong inhibitory effect against CYP2D6 and a moderate effect against CYP2C19 and CYP3A4 helping to prevent the rapid metabolism plaguing normal osthole. As a result we see massively increased bioavailability, water solublity and major inhibition of first pass metabolism. Black lion Research Osthole has fantastic bioavilability with a long half life.
Bioavailability was the limiting factor for osthole and the reason it has such lackluster effects. BLR Osthole cyclodextrin is some awe inspiring stuff.
Lets explore how it works and what else aside from vasodilation it does.

Vasodilation
Osthole has the capability to dilate blood vessels and arteries in the presence of CNS stimulants.
It is concluded that osthole relaxes rat thoracic aorta by virtue of its Ca(2+)-channel blocking properties and by elevating cGMP levels in vascular smooth muscle. Osthole has also been shown to work well in the presence of stimulants so if you do choose to add some stims to your pre workout mix you will still get great vasodilation and pump.

Additional benefits
-AMPK
-GLUT4
-Insulin sensitivity
-Helps reduce fat
-Helps increase energy output

AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) is an energy sensor that regulates cellular metabolism. Activation of AMPK in skeletal muscles, the liver, and adipose tissues results in a favorable metabolic milieu for decreased levels of circulating glucose, plasma lipids, and ectopic fat accumulation and enhanced insulin sensitivity. Osthole increases AMPK and increases GLUT4 expression which helps keep glucose down, insulin sensitivity up and fat loss at a maximum level.

Osthole is a also dual PPAR agonist and improves glucose and lipid metabolism via modulation of PPARα/γ-mediated target gene expression in liver, adipose tissue, and skeletal muscle. During a 9 week treatment with osthole emulsion, Lipid levels in serum and liver were decreased by 37.9–67.2% and 31.4–38.5% for triglyceride, 33.1–47.5% and 28.5–31.2% for free fatty acid, respectively, the fasting blood glucose, fasting serum insulin, and homeostasis modelassessment of IR were also decreased by 17.2–22.7%, 25.9–26.7%, and 37.5–42.8%, respectively.
Osthole has been shown to improve glucose and lipid metabolism and exert a significant effect on fat loss.

Testosterone
Osthole has once been implicated in increasing testosterone, as well as luteinizing hormone and FSH.

Quercetin Niacin co crystals
Everyone knows about quercetin and niacin but quercetin has very poor oral bioavailability ~1% and niacin causes severe flushing at decent doses. Bonding the molecules together increases the absorption of Quercetin many times over ~40-70%, and prevents the Niacin flush. Quercetin is an exceptional vasodilator as is Niacin and quercetin has been studied for everything from endurance and an increase in VO2 Max, fat loss, its strong antioxidant effect, and its antiviral power, however, for our purpose we added it for more than just vasodilation.
Both Ligustrazine and Osthole have exceptionally rapid first pass metabolism giving them very short half lives. Quercetin has been shown to inhibit the metabolism of both giving them decent half lives and all the horsepower we need for powehouse training.

REFS:

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks nice on paper. Can’t wait for the feedback

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you think sales will be compared to powdered non stim preworkouts? Seems like most people these days care about flavoring and being able to drink things over pills.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you think sales will be compared to powdered non stim preworkouts? Seems like most people these days care about flavoring and being able to drink things over pills.
I suppose we will see. I can tell you one thing....This stuff tasted exceptionally poor.
At some point it will be in a drink mix but its a real flavoring issue plus the quercetin makes my teeth yellow after I drink it. Like day glow neon yellow. The caps are emptied within 12-15 min. It shouldnt be an issue.
Selling briskly for now :)

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to be like that but I’m so over powders been using vasoforce xt rush lately and it’s so much better/ convenient imo. But I agree, most love powder

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im glad it fits in 1 cap. Easy. small and easily fits in pocket.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I suppose we will see. I can tell you one thing....This stuff tasted exceptionally poor.
At some point it will be in a drink mix but its a real flavoring issue plus the quercetin makes my teeth yellow after I drink it. Like day glow neon yellow. The caps are emptied within 12-15 min. It shouldnt be an issue.
Selling briskly for now :)
I bet it tasted horrible, certain ingredients just are nasty no matter how much flavoring you would add (ex. Tudca - even the pills are bitter and off putting). Happy it’s just one pill since many people like me already take too many pills (multi,vit d, tudca, fish oil,........) i take about 15 pills a day.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I bet it tasted horrible, certain ingredients just are nasty no matter how much flavoring you would add (ex. Tudca - even the pills are bitter and off putting). Happy it’s just one pill since many people like me already take too many pills (multi,vit d, tudca, fish oil,........) i take about 15 pills a day.
Same I take so many pills its crazy and youll just have to take my word on it this stuff is BRUTAL.
At some point it will be in powder form and my approach is we will jump off that bridge when I absolutely have too lol.
Gonna be called bitter garbage flavor.

In fact.....go ahead and open one of those suckers up and give it a taste youll see straight away. And hate me for telling you to do so ;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Same I take so many pills its crazy and youll just have to take my word on it this stuff is BRUTAL.
At some point it will be in powder form and my approach is we will jump off that bridge when I absolutely have too lol.

In fact.....go ahead and open one of those suckers up and give it a taste youll see straight away. And hate me for telling you to do so ;)
I see a challenge

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I‘ll pass lol, don’t mind swallowing pills and down 4-5 at a time.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interesting and thorough write up on this new supp and I'm curious how should it be dosed ?
Should it be taken with my usual stimulant based preworkout and should it be taken just on
training days I checked the site but it didn't give any type of dosing recommendations.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Interesting and thorough write up on this new supp and I'm curious how should it be dosed ?
Should it be taken with my usual stimulant based preworkout and should it be taken just on
training days I checked the site but it didn't give any type of dosing recommendations.
On training days, with or without a stim pre workout is fine. Take 15 to 30min pre workout.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just dont take solo with other vasodilators. If you are adding it to a high stim pre thats ok because the vasoconstriction will be high.
1. Solo, pre workout.
2. Combined with stimulant based Pre workout supplement.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Any of the higher dose test monkeys explode a forearm or possibly a calf?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ordered!
Been looking forward to this. I will throw up a a mini log.
Will have to test out on the wifey as well! ;)
Curious to see how this works. Not getting much of a pump lately doing this new 5 day full body WO.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ordered!
Been looking forward to this. I will throw up a a mini log.
Will have to test out on the wifey as well! ;)
Curious to see how this works. Not getting much of a pump lately doing this new 5 day full body WO.
Oh yeah!! I would love to see a mini log(or a few) Always great to see how things treat you guys!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will be logging this soon also

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
THings to keep in mind for ideal results.
Hydration. Its basically impossible to get a pump while dehydrated.
Sodium
Carbs, if you eat carbs then make sure to get some before and after training. Han Swolo will help you with the glucose levels.
Creatine and glycerpump can really help as osmolytes drive water into tissues.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
THings to keep in mind for ideal results.
Hydration. Its basically impossible to get a pump while dehydrated.
Sodium
Carbs, if you eat carbs then make sure to get some before and after training. Han Swolo will help you with the glucose levels.
Creatine and glycerpump can really help as osmolytes drive water into tissues.
How much sodium do you recommend? And is it best pre workout or throughout the day?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have never used salt as a supplement, but I know @TheSolution like Pink Himalayan Salt pre workout, @brundel do you recommend this and how much ?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As long as you dont have any blood pressure issues a solid gram will do.
Remember sodium is absolutely essential for life.
Its essential for hydration and pump.

I do the vaso with glycerpump and 1g sodium.
Keep in mind that table salt, himalayan etc are generally around 40% sodium.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is one salt better than another ??

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i love the one pop pill approach as well .. looking fwd to some logs/reviews

great write up @brundel

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also wanted to mention, just found a typo on the bottle. Says 60 cap but there are 30. So after a month when it runs dry this is why ;)
Hopefully that solves a few emails about it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been using this for a few days now I've had one hell of a strength increase. And my mood seems to be elevated not sure if it's related or not. Also the pump is really good dense.
All good things - Enjoy!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been using this for a few days now I've had one hell of a strength increase. And my mood seems to be elevated not sure if it's related or not. Also the pump is really good dense.
Loving the feedback!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats great is the ingredients are not limited to vasodilation.
For me I notice the strength pretty quick as well. Ultimately this is a bonus.

Also we are right in the middle of testing a new anabolic and its going very well. If everything goes without a hitch or a dip in performance this product will be ready soon. Not sure when we will launch because the end of the year is usually poor for sales but maybe we will take a shot and launch near Black friday.

Also the new stimulant is en route to us and we will begin final phase testing hopefully next week.
If all goes well 2021 will be the year of the lion.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As long as you dont have any blood pressure issues a solid gram will do.
Remember sodium is absolutely essential for life.
Its essential for hydration and pump.

I do the vaso with glycerpump and 1g sodium.
Keep in mind that table salt, himalayan etc are generally around 40% sodium.
@brundel forgive my ignorance 1g about 1/4 teaspoon ??

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Whats great is the ingredients are not limited to vasodilation.
For me I notice the strength pretty quick as well. Ultimately this is a bonus.

Also we are right in the middle of testing a new anabolic and its going very well. If everything goes without a hitch or a dip in performance this product will be ready soon. Not sure when we will launch because the end of the year is usually poor for sales but maybe we will take a shot and launch near Black friday.

Also the new stimulant is en route to us and we will begin final phase testing hopefully next week.
If all goes well 2021 will be the year of the lion.
This Sounds Great !!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A teaspoon is an extremely unreliable way to determine weight because density and molecular weight are different for basically everything. I highly suggest purchasing a scale of you plan to frequently use things like bulk creatine, beta a, glycerpump etc.
I had some diosgenin we tested like 10 years ago and 1kg was the size of 10kg of most stuff. Super fluffy and airy. And we have this stuff we are testing right now thats ultra dense.
Also you can get a scale for like 10$.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a scale I am not sure if it measures anything as small as 1 gram? I will check this afternoon.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a scale I am not sure if it measures anything as small as 1 gram? I will check this afternoon.
If its a scale you stand on then no.
If its a normal small scale it absolutely should.
They get more expensive the more sensitive they are but most of the ones on amazon for 10-15$ will work.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My log is up. Will be starting Monday

brundel

brundel