Netflix Instant Movies

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Ok is it just me or is almost all the damn movies available for instant queue sucky, There are a few good ones on it but like 80% suck.. im not including tv shows, instant is awesome for watching shows.. ive literally searched almost the whole data base of instant movies, anyone know of any gold in there that I maybe missing, or just good movies in general for me to add to my dvd queue...

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
I agree. Not one movie in my queue is available for instant download.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
What's your style of movie?
pretty much anything except romantic and not a huge fan of horror, idk if its because they dont make any good horror movies anymore or its just because i dont have a chick to watch them with but ive strayed away from that genre..

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's because the majority of them are the older movies. I really only use it to kill time between receiving dvds

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I just watched Demolition Man and Down Parascope not too long ago. My style of movies though is old movies, before all the crap. Or pixar and the likes.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
I agree dude they dump alot of junk on the instant queue. And through Xbox it takes FOREVER to scan through it all. AND, the quality of most of them sucks. All of that and the fact that the new releases take forever to get here by mail, seems like Im in line forever. Blockbusters mail order system is better but there is no online or Xbox option, they dont have many UFC discs, but you can exchange them for rentals at the store. So what am I saying? I dont know, Im an idiot, Ive had both services and cant decide which to keep.

That said, there are some gems they stream online. For instance, check out "Following", Christopher Nolan's (The Dark Knight, Memento, The Prestige) first film that was done on something like a $1500 budget. Its an amazing piece of art. Shows that big budgets dont mean diddly if the directors good.

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
The documentary section is nice. They have a few interesting ones. I only get to use the service at my friend's place though, I don't have an XBox unfortunately.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
The documentary section is nice. They have a few interesting ones. I only get to use the service at my friend's place though, I don't have an XBox unfortunately.
Very true. Come to think of it most of what I watch are documentaries. They even have some Alex Jones stuff on there.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Yes, most the things i have streamed have been documentaries and tv shows... guess its not a total waste, it does kill time while waiting on new movies.. and if i were you i would probably stay with netflix bignutz, never tried blockbusters method but i mean streaming may not be great but its a nice addition.. and im assuming blockbuster isnt much or at all cheaper than netflix..

KimboBatista

Awards
I just download movies as torrents and watch them that way. If I end up liking the movie then I'll go out and buy it.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Yes, most the things i have streamed have been documentaries and tv shows... guess its not a total waste, it does kill time while waiting on new movies.. and if i were you i would probably stay with netflix bignutz, never tried blockbusters method but i mean streaming may not be great but its a nice addition.. and im assuming blockbuster isnt much or at all cheaper than netflix..
Blockbuster doesnt make you pay extra for Blu rays so its slightly ($3-4) cheaper. The advantage is you can get four store exchanges per month free, the wait time on new releases is shorter, and you get a discount on game rentals at the store. No streaming movies though. Thats why I switched, watching movies through the Xbox is just too convenient. That and Im a big UFC fan and blockbuster doesnt get the discs that much.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
TV shows are the main reason for using instant play. Full seasons of many recent shows are available.