Nerdiest Thing About Yourself

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I live out in BFE so I don't get major service. I could get dish, but I am not paying almost $100 a month for 10 gigs of data. **** you not. That is like 3 movies
Belfast England ?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm kinda anti-social and hate big crowds. A perfect Friday-Saturday night for me is staying home and watching the I.D channel while playing Bejeweled or Free Slots. :D

My friend invited me to her birthday party next weekend and the thought of it gives me anxiety.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm kinda anti-social and hate big crowds. A perfect Friday-Saturday night for me is staying home and watching the I.D channel while playing Bejeweled or Free Slots. :D

My friend invited me to her birthday party next weekend and the thought of it gives me anxiety.
Same! Mere thoughts of social environments, or changing in social environment(jobs, schools, where I'm living) cripples me. Then not doing anything thing gives anxiety as well. It's just a big on going circle.

Thb I think this was caused by concussions. I haven't been the same since my last one, they really fck me up. I used be super social and fun.

JG93

JG93

Awards
Which do you prefer? I got an Xbox one but I kinda wishing I bought a ps4
It's kind of a hard decision.
I love the ps4 for its gaming and blue ray 4K quality.

The Xbox would be par except the game choices are pretty lame... I mean out of 50 games, 5 of them are for over the age of 6...
PlayStation has Xbox beat in most aspects, except all around entertainment.

If you wanna game, ps4 is the way to go.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Just get both

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
For real Dead Rising 3, Tomb Raider 3, Gears of War all great xbox exclusives. Last of Us, God of War, and Uncharted all great PS4

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Playing uncharted 4 finally. So awesome

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
For real Dead Rising 3, Tomb Raider 3, Gears of War all great xbox exclusives. Last of Us, God of War, and Uncharted all great PS4
DR3 and TR3 are both collecting dust here lol

FPS noob 4 life I guess.

Destiny, R6 Siege, Doom, and the Division are my jams.

Halo 5 may get added for under $20

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I've been playing Homefront 2

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I hate crowds myself. It brings the out violent side of me that I supposedly suppressed when I git married. If I am forced to go somewhere that my wife knows I dont feel comfortable in, she feeds me one of her Xanax. Only way she can tolerate me. Thats bad.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I would but I'm poor.

I heard that they are gonna make a new crash bandicoot and spyro game for ps4. I fcking loved those games growing up
Sell your body!

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
1.I play Magic the gathering.
2.I collect posters of vintage cars.
3.I am a marvel,DC and DBZ fan boy.
4.I LOVE studying, math and my job.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I Also get anxiety in large groups and can't talk to good looking woman, unless a tiny bit intoxicated.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
^NERD!

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty similar except the DBZ, I just can't get it into anime.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I'm not really into anime, just DBZ. If you missed one episode of DBZ as a kid you were a cast out for the day.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Back in my day it was Ninja Turtles and GI Joes lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'm not really into anime, just DBZ. If you missed one episode of DBZ as a kid you were a cast out for the day.
Oh definitely.
DBZ never missed, Only anime young me watched.

Though Magic passed me by, Pokemon was in, followed by Yugioh which lasted years for me. I competed TCG league a few years, my last was a 2nd place regional about... 5/6 years ago (yep, I was 20 ) haha

Then i sold it all, trading cards are way too expensive a hobby at a competitive level.

My collection re-sold at a "used" cut (big margin as I actually played my cards) and it still cleared over $1100

Enjoy that nerd bomb

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh definitely.
DBZ never missed, Only anime young me watched.

Though Magic passed me by, Pokemon was in, followed by Yugioh which lasted years for me. I competed TCG league a few years, my last was a 2nd place regional about... 5/6 years ago (yep, I was 20 ) haha

Then i sold it all, trading cards are way too expensive a hobby at a competitive level.

My collection re-sold at a "used" cut (big margin as I actually played my cards) and it still cleared over $1100

Enjoy that nerd bomb
Haha, I used to be huge into Yugioh. I still have a ton of cards. A few years ago I went to a bookstore where people still played and sold a handful of cards for $10-40 or so each. I still have a ton left.

I played all of the Pokemon games through the first few on the DS, but never got that into the cards, although I had/have a few.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing nerdy about cars. The rest on the other hand.... ;)

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also I love me some comic books(I don't collect them I'll just read them here an there) but I don't know DBZ is. What kinds of things has DBZ made?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Dragon Ball Z, oddly animated dudes with spiky weird hair lol I don't get it.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
1. I LOVE pokemon gameboy game
2. I LOVE dragonball (reg and z)
3. I love scifi
4. I love quantum physics

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh man now I feel dumb. I knew what dragon ball z is but didn't put the two together.

Ya I don't get it either. Like every single person my age is obsessed with it too.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
My best friend loves DBZ. I, on the other hand, find it no bueno

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
1. I LOVE pokemon gameboy game
2. I LOVE dragonball (reg and z)
3. I love scifi
4. I love quantum physics
This dude gets it

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Haha, I used to be huge into Yugioh. I still have a ton of cards. A few years ago I went to a bookstore where people still played and sold a handful of cards for $10-40 or so each. I still have a ton left.

I played all of the Pokemon games through the first few on the DS, but never got that into the cards, although I had/have a few.
Check your card values out on Troll and Toad, first edition holographics we used back in the day like Monster Reborn are still competitively used, and paid $$$ for

My last tourney appearance I ran Karakuri OTK, so much fun.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'd ask the "Star Wars vs. Star Trek" question to get this bumping

But I think we all know this of each other already. We're firm to our love of the classics

So let's try this:

Disregarding past franchise productions other than the most recent of each,
Are you excited more for the next Star Wars or Star Trek?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Oyeah. Yugioh too. I am a massive star wars fan. Anakin and Vader fan boy.

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
Dragon Ball Z is life and I'm loving the new Dragon Ball Super can't wait for them to dub it

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established

But I think we all know this of each other already. We're firm to our love of the classics

So let's try this:

Star trek *show = A for the most part crappy " days of our lives" type soap oprah set in space.
Star wars = ACTION, STORY, Depth, detail, NO comparison to star trek at all. other than they are in space.
i swear start trek is liek they had a crappy soap that they had to fix up to be able to even put it on tv and someone said "hey I know lets set it in space! every once and a while actually have something cool happen on some planet"

^now im talking all the recent start treks. the OLD original (although cheesy at times, limited budget?) was good. still wouldent beat star wars though IMO

PPS: the startrek movies of recent where great! they made it more to the feel of starwars action and not geared toward a seniors home... harsh i know lol

I am more excited about the next start wars

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Nerdiest Thing about me... I LOVE reading, I'm a bibliophile. Give me any 1st hand source maternal, and let me get my historical geek on!
I am terrible, you name an error, and Ive probably read something from that time. At one point, I went searching for classical reading list to make sure I didn't miss anything. Just google, "ST. Johns Reading List" and you will see what I am talking about.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

So let's try this:

How dare you put star trek in the same sentence as star wars! ;) Star war by far!!! Star wars is life. I also like how Disney is handling the franchise

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I'm excited for all the new Star Wars (never been a huge Trek fan but I'll watch em when bored) goodness to come out. Reading wise a coworker loaned me The Bone Collector, but I'm having trouble getting into it. Really want to read Cloud Atlas.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm excited for all the new Star Wars (never been a huge Trek fan but I'll watch em when bored) goodness to come out. Reading wise a coworker loaned me The Bone Collector, but I'm having trouble getting into it. Really want to read Cloud Atlas.
Never seen Star Wars and use to want to kill my sister for making us watch Star Trek and Les Mis! I still have nightmares!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You hated Les Miserables? I must ban you now.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Never seen Star Wars and use to want to kill my sister for making us watch Star Trek and Les Mis! I still have nightmares!
Like Hugh Jackman Les Miss?

Spoutace

Spoutace

Awards
Is that where he makes these robots and some kid starts dancing at random and unnecessary points of the movie to show how fresh he is?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Is that where he makes these robots and some kid starts dancing at random and unnecessary points of the movie to show how fresh he is?
Lol wtf? No, not that one.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Oooohhhhh...Real Steel? No not that one lol Les Mis is a period piece/musical about the poor rebelling in France.

Spoutace

Spoutace

Awards
Haha sorry I've been stressing out over a possible job (that I was offered) and roaming maine while I can. I'm back now!