Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The worst part of any injection is when the needle breaks the skin surface; causing the pain... I dont see a point in daily injections. Test levels stay stable enough with 2 times per week

Cant imagine everyday for the rest of my life. Maybe as well be diabetic
So for injection frequency I always felt weather it's once a week or EOD I "feel" the same. But I have noticed 2 benifits to pinning EOD with long esters and every day with short esters and that is I seem to get more benifit from the drug at a lower dose and when I'm only doing 1 or 2x a week injection sometimes I will start to get bad shoulder and back acne but when I switched to Ed or EOD the acne starts to go away. So lv.s gotta be more stable.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
DC, may I ask why you went to the ED, sub q method?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
DC, may I ask why you went to the ED, sub q method?
Keep things more stable. Done slot of reading on it. And as someone else said, since switching to ED I havent had any acne

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Always do
For this particular conversation, IE @kisaj wanting to see blood work from pinning TRT dose daily showing some benefit to lipids or HCT. I doubt your blood work in February will actually be relevant since you are currently on a cycle. Even if you come off before then your lipids and HCT will unlikely be where they would be if you were only running the TRT dose for a few months with the daily injections. Of course that is just my opinion but I think it would likely skew the results for this particular purpose one way or the other. I do like that you post your bloods regularly though.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
On a trt dose I won't get acne, it when I go over 400mg or add certain things in. For trt if you feel great with 1 shot a week then do 1 shot. If you find personal benifit to going more often then do that. Just like most things it's personal preference and risk to reward. I would pin daily or EOD all the time of it wasn't so annoying. Sometimes I get lazy and do 1 a week but most of the time I do EOD now. I'm sure in a few weeks il get annoyed or busy and go back to 2 a week for a while lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On a trt dose I won't get acne, it when I go over 400mg or add certain things in. For trt if you feel great with 1 shot a week then do 1 shot. If you find personal benifit to going more often then do that. Just like most things it's personal preference and risk to reward. I would pin daily or EOD all the time of it wasn't so annoying. Sometimes I get lazy and do 1 a week but most of the time I do EOD now. I'm sure in a few weeks il get annoyed or busy and go back to 2 a week for a while lol
I have found I have been pretty lazy lately and just doing one a week. I haven't really noticed much difference other than I am a lot more opinionated after the full week dose for the first day or two and not so much when doing the split dose. I was under the impression that it is supposed to be a bit better for estrogen management splitting it too which I can see. However I had not considered the fact it might also keep HCT and Lipids a little higher without having any troughs where they might get a small recovery period weekly with once a week. That is a very interesting consideration because I do feel like my lipids and HCT were a bit higher than normal coinciding with when I went to twice a week religiously for about a year or two. I actually decided to get on a statin because my lipids went from normal range to steadily a little above around that time. Of course this is correlation looking back at it, and not proof of it being the cause. However, I do find it interesting that @kisaj mentioned this observation.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For this particular conversation, IE @kisaj wanting to see blood work from pinning TRT dose daily showing some benefit to lipids or HCT. I doubt your blood work in February will actually be relevant since you are currently on a cycle. Even if you come off before then your lipids and HCT will unlikely be where they would be if you were only running the TRT dose for a few months with the daily injections. Of course that is just my opinion but I think it would likely skew the results for this particular purpose one way or the other. I do like that you post your bloods regularly though.
100%. I am really only interested (and I am sure others are as well) in how your numbers look with only TRT doses. For me, even when I run a low dose blast it will take me 3-4 weeks to level lipids back out at minimum.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have found I have been pretty lazy lately and just doing one a week. I haven't really noticed much difference other than I am a lot more opinionated after the full week dose for the first day or two and not so much when doing the split dose. I was under the impression that it is supposed to be a bit better for estrogen management splitting it too which I can see. However I had not considered the fact it might also keep HCT and Lipids a little higher without having any troughs where they might get a small recovery period weekly with once a week. That is a very interesting consideration because I do feel like my lipids and HCT were a bit higher than normal coinciding with when I went to twice a week religiously for about a year or two. I actually decided to get on a statin because my lipids went from normal range to steadily a little above around that time. Of course this is correlation looking back at it, and not proof of it being the cause. However, I do find it interesting that @kisaj mentioned this observation.
I've had this discussion on several other boards and it seems to be pretty consistent with other's experience, but I get a surge of energy and restlessness for a couple of days about 36 hours post weekly injection. I'm hyper and amped up needing to do physical things and don't sleep well. If I inject on a Monday, Tues and Wed will be super energy filled and finally start feeling normal around Thursday. I can get a little snappy too, but totally controllable. That is the only downside, if you see it as a downside, with larger 1x weekly injections for me. I've been on for 9 years come next month and it has been this way since the beginning and only wasn't noticeable on 2x weekly injections.

I suspect, but have no evidence, that it has to do with climbing further into supra levels with the larger dose, then tapering down when moving back towards physiological levels.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've had this discussion on several other boards and it seems to be pretty consistent with other's experience, but I get a surge of energy and restlessness for a couple of days about 36 hours post weekly injection. I'm hyper and amped up needing to do physical things and don't sleep well. If I inject on a Monday, Tues and Wed will be super energy filled and finally start feeling normal around Thursday. I can get a little snappy too, but totally controllable. That is the only downside, if you see it as a downside, with larger 1x weekly injections for me. I've been on for 9 years come next month and it has been this way since the beginning and only wasn't noticeable on 2x weekly injections.

I suspect, but have no evidence, that it has to do with climbing further into supra levels with the larger dose, then tapering down when moving back towards physiological levels.
This was what I had assumed as well. Probably hitting around 1200 or so right after and then coming back down.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Actually just finished. I am back on just TRT now

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
100%. I am really only interested (and I am sure others are as well) in how your numbers look with only TRT doses. For me, even when I run a low dose blast it will take me 3-4 weeks to level lipids back out at minimum.
Well I pinned my last shot of my cycle last Friday. So since then I have only been doing 1 shot of TRT only, also by the time I get my bloodwork done it will be after I donate my normal double reds.
Also, when I run my cycles, my test will NEVER go over TRT dose. I keep test at 200 nothing more, and I let the things I add in do the work.

w8lifter

w8lifter

Awards
21 g to draw, 25 g 1” to inject. Rotate between delts and glutes. Used to do quads but frickin hurts. Pin twice a week.

TheBigJS

TheBigJS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For shots under 1/2cc, 29g 1/2" slin pin, yes you can draw with it, just warm it up a bit.
Into thigh.

Never had a problem. You cannnot feel it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well I pinned my last shot of my cycle last Friday. So since then I have only been doing 1 shot of TRT only, also by the time I get my bloodwork done it will be after I donate my normal double reds.
Also, when I run my cycles, my test will NEVER go over TRT dose. I keep test at 200 nothing more, and I let the things I add in do the work.
Well it being this close to your cycle if your lipids are in good shape that will be pretty good but having donated the double reds won't really help in showing what it does if anything for the HCT count.

Although I have wondered, if your lipids are high and you donate full blood donation then change your diet immediately to one that should promote lower lipids creation (dramatically lowering insulin levels) how much could your lipid profile change quickly from that? IE how much does a full blood donation dilute the lipid level once blood volume returns via hydration if not creating as much cholersterol in the liver right after? Obviously this would require blood work in the week prior to donation and then the day or so after or something to find out but just curious what those numbers difference might look like.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I inject with slin pins but I pull with a 23g and back load it. Sometimes I run it under hot water. Not sure if it is really making much difference. Might come out a hair faster.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you mean by back load it?

Did my first solo pin this morning. Went better than expected, but as soon as I withdrew the needle it bled a lot. Held some pressure on it for a few minutes and it was fine. I had been doing gel for the past several years, and my old urologist retired. He was against pinning. But my new urologist, well he doesn't really seem to gaf. So I asked if I could try injections, and he had no issue with it. BUT, he wanted me to start out with 200mg test cyp every 2 weeks. I asked about maintaining steady levels, and he said most of his patients feel fine on this schedule, but he would consider going once per week depending on bloods and how I feel. I did read where the half life of test cyp is calculated with some long ass equation, and the result was something like once weekly injects of 100mg yielded a smaller plasma concentration at day 7 than an injection of 200mg every 2 weeks at day 14. It was something along those lines. I think the 2 week protocol yielded like 6-9 more mg of test in the body than the one week protocol at those points in time. Interesting. I'll get bloods taken a week after my next injection. The gel was actually keeping my levels around 700, but I never really felt like I had the energy boost like I've heard from those who pin. Not sure if there's some other conversion mechanism responsible for this with the gel delivery or what. Feels like my energy level is already up a bit after my second shot, but could be wishful thinking. At any rate, hope to get my levels dialed in soon enough. Just glad I don't have to slather on all that gel every morning anymore! That was a 10 minute process with the drying and so forth, so added up to over an hour a week (two 5g packets of gel). Oh, and the 23g 1" needle I used was barely noticeable in the outer quad.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What do you mean by back load it?

Did my first solo pin this morning. Went better than expected, but as soon as I withdrew the needle it bled a lot. Held some pressure on it for a few minutes and it was fine. I had been doing gel for the past several years, and my old urologist retired. He was against pinning. But my new urologist, well he doesn't really seem to gaf. So I asked if I could try injections, and he had no issue with it. BUT, he wanted me to start out with 200mg test cyp every 2 weeks. I asked about maintaining steady levels, and he said most of his patients feel fine on this schedule, but he would consider going once per week depending on bloods and how I feel. I did read where the half life of test cyp is calculated with some long ass equation, and the result was something like once weekly injects of 100mg yielded a smaller plasma concentration at day 7 than an injection of 200mg every 2 weeks at day 14. It was something along those lines. I think the 2 week protocol yielded like 6-9 more mg of test in the body than the one week protocol at those points in time. Interesting. I'll get bloods taken a week after my next injection. The gel was actually keeping my levels around 700, but I never really felt like I had the energy boost like I've heard from those who pin. Not sure if there's some other conversion mechanism responsible for this with the gel delivery or what. Feels like my energy level is already up a bit after my second shot, but could be wishful thinking. At any rate, hope to get my levels dialed in soon enough. Just glad I don't have to slather on all that gel every morning anymore! That was a 10 minute process with the drying and so forth, so added up to over an hour a week (two 5g packets of gel). Oh, and the 23g 1" needle I used was barely noticeable in the outer quad.
I pull a half cc out of the vial with a 23g. I then pull the plunger out of the slin syringe and inject the cypionate into the syringe. Then I put the plunger just barely in and turn the syringe right side up until the cyp all falls to the bottom. Once it all appears to have rolled down, I push it to needle point and then play darts.

Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
I’ve been doing 1/2 inch 27 gauge in the delts for the last year. Works great ..can’t even feel it. Works great for test cyp. I just run it under warm water for a few mins before injecting

I use to do 1.5 inch or 1 inch 25 gauge..

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For those of you saying you use an insulin syringe....how much oil are you injecting at once? Obviously if it's daily it's a small amount but anyone doing up to 1/2 ml with a 1/2" slin?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just got my 25g 5/8" Luer Lock Syringes in the mail. The retractable needles are just too much money. $70 for 100.
These are $24 shipped for 100.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I like the 25g 5/8inch for delts

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For those of you saying you use an insulin syringe....how much oil are you injecting at once? Obviously if it's daily it's a small amount but anyone doing up to 1/2 ml with a 1/2" slin?
I do 1/2cc in my tri's every week. Without any issues.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do 1/2cc in my tri's every week. Without any issues.
Hmm, I've never had any bad injections with 1" but when I switched to 1/2" I've had 2 bad ones in a row with 1/2 ml so I thought maybe that was too much oil not going so deep. Both were in delts. Pushed it in pretty deep too so I'm not sure what the issue could be.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I had been doing the 25g either 1 inch or 5/8 inch in the outer quads with great success. Then I let Dave Palumbo (who I am a fan of) get into my head when he poo poo'd quad injections. So far, so good with the tri's. I actually am down to 0.4 cc inji's but have done 1/2 too.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had been doing the 25g either 1 inch or 5/8 inch in the outer quads with great success. Then I let Dave Palumbo (who I am a fan of) get into my head when he poo poo'd quad injections. So far, so good with the tri's. I actually am down to 0.4 cc inji's but have done 1/2 too.
That's hilarious you mention that because that video is the only reason I have never done quads. He was so adamant about that being such a bad idea it has scared me from ever trying.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That's hilarious you mention that because that video is the only reason I have never done quads. He was so adamant about that being such a bad idea it has scared me from ever trying.
I never had an issue and we're talking a couple years of trt going into each quad. I have a gross of the 25g needles left. I'll probably go back to quads when my gross of slin pins runs out.

Maybe sticking an inch and a half 22g into the quads is a bad idea, but 25g and an inch or less? Like I said I've never had any problems.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know exactly what your talking about, it made me stay away from quads lol

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Same here...when he started talking about nerve damage haha. I decided to stick with glutes/delts

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aren’t most of the major nerves on the inside quads? Doesn’t seem this would be an issue with outer quads, especially with a thin 1” needle. Haven’t watched any of videos yet tho, so guess I need to check it out.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aren’t most of the major nerves on the inside quads? Doesn’t seem this would be an issue with outer quads, especially with a thin 1” needle. Haven’t watched any of videos yet tho, so guess I need to check it out.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
For those of you on test cyp, what size needle to you use to pin? My doc just switched me over from gel to test cyp injections. I did my first one at the doctor's office with the nurse, and pretty sure that needle had to be 2" long (23 gauge)! I kept asking her if I had to go all the way in with it. Not gonna lie, it took me a while to get the nerve to plunge that thing into my thigh lol. My thigh was sore as hell for 3 days! Looks like I should be able to go with a 1" long needle with no problem.

Also, do you guys aspirate? What can happen if you don't?

I use 23g 1" to draw the oil and 25g 1" to pin in glutes and quads. I do not and have never aspirated and have never had a single injection problem. Well, my quads were sore for 3 days like yours after i first injected but other than that lol. Also, I always go outer quads due to the vein concentration. Outer quads = less veins.

25g 1" is entirely fine for trt purposes! In either glutes or quads.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I just dont see a need to hit quads with all the other spots available...

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bottom of the heal...
Who didn't cringe?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Bottom of heal with 1.5 inch...excellent gains with this method

tbeckett451

tbeckett451

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Jeez that would take me an hour . 23 g 1 inch unless your skinny or low muscle

Valhalla1600

Valhalla1600

Awards
29g 1/2 Insulin Syringe. Quads,Delts,VG,Traps,Chest etc.

Valhalla1600

Valhalla1600

Awards

Valhalla1600

Valhalla1600

Awards

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's what I just started trying, but finding backfilling to be more of a pain and time consuming than just switching out the needle.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
23 gauge 1” and I rotate between quads, glutes and delts.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You better start. I’ve been pinning for 4 years on TRT and hit a vein in my quad for the first time about two months ago.
Aspirating is out dated even nurses in hospitals dont do it any longer. In 4 years I have never done it.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Aspirating is out dated even nurses in hospitals dont do it any longer. In 4 years I have never done it.
Depends on exactly where you pin. Without naming the specific small muscles in the glutes and quads, it’s is recommended to still aspirate in these specific unnamed areas. Delts and the majority of the glutes and quads don’t require aspirating but you have to know exactly where you are pinning or you will hit a vein. I move around my quads and delts to keep from pinning through scar tissue. Probably not necessary and more of paranoia, but that’s why I aspirate.

Here’s a link on it.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Depends on exactly where you pin. Without naming the specific small muscles in the glutes and quads, it’s is recommended to still aspirate in these specific unnamed areas. Delts and the majority of the glutes and quads don’t require aspirating but you have to know exactly where you are pinning or you will hit a vein. I move around my quads and delts to keep from pinning through scar tissue. Probably not necessary and more of paranoia, but that’s why I aspirate.

Here’s a link on it.

I pin glutes, delts, and Quads

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
No reason to pin quads.