Need help understanding erection biochemistry

b4554

Awards
Hello everyone, it has been a long time since I have been on this site and others talking about hrt, etc. I have been trying to research a question and have some theories but want all of your experienced opinions. For background, I started into hrt because of unreliable at best and usually non-existent erections since the age of around 21 to the point of serious depression and other bad thoughts. Without publicly going into all of the reasons why, I have separated my self from Dr John's treatment and I currently use approx 100 mgs T-cyp 3xweek plus liquid a-dex .25 e2-3d and 150 hcg 2-3xday. "Official" treatment did not improve my situation much at all other than tri-mix which I don't want to have to rely on. My condition has gotten somewhat better since I implemented my own regimen listed above.

OK, here is my question: I have always noticed that while you would think that being really tired would hamper erections, after I have worked a really physically hard 14-16 hour work day, at bedtime I have a hard-on for sometimes half the night that keeps me awake. This has been a very welcome addition to my life! but I would like to understand it better because when I am off work and relaxed it doesn't happen. The more exhausted I am the more pronounced it is. It is a little while after I have gotten home, eaten, showered etc. and have relaxed a little and started getting a little sleepy. It is amplified even more when I have to work the next morning and take some Tylenol P.M. and when they are starting to kick in pretty good but before I am out.

I have wondered if I have too much nor-epinephrine perhaps and when it is depleted at the end of the day it is no longer hampering my erections perhaps? Other thoughts? Do you guys notice this kind of thing?
Thanks for all of your time! :beerchug:

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry for you situation I`m not expert but did you done some labs?
maybe some "test, prolactin, estrogen, cortisol, thyroids tests....?

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
please can you post all your labs?

what about the 2-3x a DAY deal with hcg? a WEEK i suppose?

are you on hydrocortisone? before that i could never get an erection.. i somehow also believe that this treatment calmed my system down

now on TRT and with cortisol it's worse, i might quit TRT again

but not before i try proviron or hgh

hgh i read some really good things about and am curious as to how the low dose will effect me from my doctor

what about your body temps are you on thyroid?

good luck mate, will be waiting for info here!

moxsum

Awards
Ive noticed this aswell.. a lot of times when im tired and like half a sleep i get boners.. but ive been having sexual problems for a while now.. weird.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly the biochemistry of erections and libido is poorly understood, so I doubt anyone can give you a solid answer. As a perfect example, with my total test at 22, FSH/LH/Free Test all at non-measurable levels, estrogen in mid 30s and I still was horny as hell and able to get erections.

b4554

Awards
I used to do labs and got my levels all "tuned up nicely". Bull****... still the same symptoms that started me on the road to wanting hrt. So I was in a spot where nothing was better but now had the cost of labs and meds and the constant risk of contaminating someone close to me with the damn t-cream. Add to that being unhappy with other aspects of seeing doctors who think they know all when they don't and get offended when patients want to be educated on the subjects affecting their own health. Ok sorry enough ranting lol. Anyway I am actually happier now that I handle my own case. I have seen improvements that I never saw while under "treatment". I do need to get som e independent labs done, but with the economy so bad it is hard to pull that out of the family budget.

Yes I do HCG 2-3 times a day. Some guys do 500-2000+ once or twice a week. That is soooooo far from how your body naturally functions. In an ideal situation you would have a pulse drip system giving you tiny amounts throughout the day and night that would mimic the body's own rhythm. I don't mind injecting so I try to get as close to that as possible. Run from anyone who tells you to do a huge shot on wide intervals. That is a good way to desensitize to the stuff.

I guess I will still be seeking an answer to the question for some time to come I suppose. In a related question, why does THC/marijuana increase hornyness and erectile ability so much? Or does it just do that to me? I get random DOT testing so I don't smoke anymore but really miss the sex on it. If you have never tried it you are missing out.

I really think I have some sort of stress hormone issue that being tired or THC alleviates temporarily allowing me to function.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I guess I will still be seeking an answer to the question for some time to come I suppose. In a related question, why does THC/marijuana increase hornyness and erectile ability so much? Or does it just do that to me? I get random DOT testing so I don't smoke anymore but really miss the sex on it. If you have never tried it you are missing out.
Well, couple things with mary jane. It is known to cause a dramatic increase in test levels immediately after smoking, but within 1+ hours later, causes a dramtic drop to lower levels than where starting. Also, I think it has a blunting effect on norepinephrine, so your body and mind becomes more relaxed, so there is no anxiety (performance anxiety or anything else that can kill erections). Norepinephrine/adrenaline levels can be an erection killer for a lot of people prone to anxiety.

You can try gaba and such as an alternative.