Need help interpreting my thyroid bloodwork

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
been having weird symptoms recently. got tons of tests and MRIs done and no answer. My bloodwork for Thyroid came back like this. Not sure what to make of it as Im not knowledgeable on Thyroid. My primary told me only to test TSH, but my HRT doctor said to get a full thyroid panel.

Anyone know what to make of this?

Attachments

mcs5309

Awards
Fire your PCP. You have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Drop all wheat/gluten products and talk to your HRT doc about thyroid replacement, preferably natural desiccated thyroid.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Fire your PCP. You have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Drop all wheat/gluten products and talk to your HRT doc about thyroid replacement, preferably natural desiccated thyroid.
have any experience with hashimotos?

mcs5309

Awards
have any experience with hashimotos?
Not personally, but have researched it and have friends with it. It's a an autoimmune disease in which your body is making antibodies and attacks its own thyroid tissue as if it was a foreign object. Over time, this will essentially destroy your thyroid if left untreated, resulting in a thyroidectomy. But that's worst case. The good news is that yours is the more moderate kind (elevated TgAb as opposed to TPO antibodies), and if you treat it sooner than later, you will keep your thyroid gland for a lot longer.