Awards
  • Established
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
300mg around training is fine, in fact studeez show it beneficial. Anymore should be spread away. Easy.

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can take a small dose of NAC daily or a larger dose if you're on cycle without being in any danger.

If the only reason you're taking it is for hair growth you're better off just taking regular cysteine

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, my pills are 600mg so that makes it easier.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my dr recommended me take NAC after my bloodwork came back with a small gallbladder problem, but other than that I never heard to use it for hair loss

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I train early in the morning so would it be OK to take 600mg about 30min PWO or continue as I used to in the past, around midday or afternoon?

This is for an upcoming research as I got a bit confused reading this...

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my dr recommended me take NAC after my bloodwork came back with a small gallbladder problem, but other than that I never heard to use it for hair loss
It's not for hair loss, it's for hair growth. Cysteine is like biotin and promotes growth.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cooper spells it out.

If you dont trust him, maybe googlescholar the studies and come to your own conclusion.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
On examine I remember reading, taking a dose together with nitrates preworkout ...

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
600mg daily is a solid does for antioxidant health IMO

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For some reaosn I thought you were all talking about niacin, i looked into that for hair growth, but missed a few key points obviously and took 500mg on my first dose...

Nearly died, whaddup.

Have you had any growth from Nac?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it refering to a pre/intra workout dose of NO+NAC?

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bump. What's the latest on NAC. Anyone still using this supplement and what for exactly?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bump. What's the latest on NAC. Anyone still using this supplement and what for exactly?
I’ve used here and there. I read it’s good for respiratory issues.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm really blown away by this thread.

Vitruvian Man

Vitruvian Man

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’ve used here and there. I read it’s good for respiratory issues.

I’ve read about it helping with COVID-19, so I started taking it. Just caught it on the 1st of the month. Had an extremely mild case (cough, sneeze, runny nose, tired), never broke a fever or lost taste or smell, felt short of breath, etc. I had just started NAC a few days prior.

Obviously cannot confirm if NAC was responsible or how much it aided my symptoms (or lack thereof) but may be a reason for others to look into and consider outside of its already known benefits.

Also taking 5000iu vit D3, Orange Triad 1/2 dose, Elderberry gummy w/ more zinc and vit C, and Quercetin (which has also been looked at to help and/or prevent Covid)

edit: also probably important to note I’m 26, exercise regularly and eat an abundance of fruits and vegetables on the regular and continued to do so throughout my sickness. But my age alone could’ve had a large factor into my mild case

div1872

Awards
  • Established
Find it calming although bad farts

Last edited:

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good for increasing endogenous glutathione