My Voyage to Mightiness!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry youre back to this point again. I think I have been through a couple less cycles of this but I feel your pain.

I have been doing hip airplanes as a part of my dynamic warmup for the last 3 weeks or so and just after 5 my left deep hip musculature has the same feeling in it as if i just worked a set of heavy curls 2 reps short of failure. That said is also wayyy more difficult to balance on and do an unassisted rep on.

Have you tried them this go around yet? You may able to safely do them pain free with the contralateral leg extended behind you like it is on those. If its a matter of weakness or inability to do them unassisted, lightly holding something with the ipsilateral arm to the working leg really helps with balance.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry youre back to this point again. I think I have been through a couple less cycles of this but I feel your pain.

I have been doing hip airplanes as a part of my dynamic warmup for the last 3 weeks or so and just after 5 my left deep hip musculature has the same feeling in it as if i just worked a set of heavy curls 2 reps short of failure. That said is also wayyy more difficult to balance on and do an unassisted rep on.

Have you tried them this go around yet? You may able to safely do them pain free with the contralateral leg extended behind you like it is on those. If its a matter of weakness or inability to do them unassisted, lightly holding something with the ipsilateral arm to the working leg really helps with balance.
Thanks. Yeah, I’m literally back to where I started - literally.

I’ve used hip airplanes periodically, never consistently. But, I would always half to hold on to a barbell around clavicle level to hold my balance. I do know that my glute medius use to get fatigued quick and would feel like I hit the muscle with various sets when I only did roughly 6-7 hip airplanes.

Here’s to trying to push my “stubbornness” and ego aside and trying to baby step this process ... again.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welp, going to look for that salt substitute today when I had to the store to get my Mk7 and cardio health.
Nu Salt is another brand, but same product - straight granulated potassium. You sounded like you didn’t want extra sodium so I posted potassium only. BUT if you want maximum hydration in training if sweating a lot I would recommend Morton Lite Salt, which is about 50/50 salt & potassium.

Either way, be sure to measure because truly excessive potassium dosages at once can be dangerous.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nu Salt is another brand, but same product - straight granulated potassium. You sounded like you didn’t want extra sodium so I posted potassium only. BUT if you want maximum hydration in training if sweating a lot I would recommend Morton Lite Salt, which is about 50/50 salt & potassium.

Either way, be sure to measure because truly excessive potassium dosages at once can be dangerous.
Yeah, I grabbed Nu Salt and will mix it with my Powerade.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Evidently I need to build up neck strength for the curl-ups. So, I’m proactively doing that while I sub out the curl-up for kneeling stir the pots.
Adjustments.JPG

Anyhow,

Lower

Pelvic adjustment
Cat/camel 8 “reps”
Kneeling stir the pots
Oblique planks
Bird dogs

Bb hip thrust (lbs only- my gym has the “Bret Contreras” platform, bar and plates. No idea what the bar weighs)
130x5x6r

Standing hamstring curl
16x10x3
18.5x8x2

BFR leg extensions
45x25
40x20
35x20
30x20
*Gross*

Seated calf raise
4x10-12 with ascending weight.

Ab wheel
3x8

Really feel like I’m wasting time when I can’t squat. I’m determined to build a resilient back/spine so maybe one day I can lift heavy (relevant) again. So, head down and just doing the work :/.

Be easy
God bless!

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3 — upper

Warm up
YTWL
Scapula dips

Low incline bench + 7mm sleeves
-10,8,6,15 rep scheme-

Lat pull down
-10,8,6,15 rep scheme-

Seated face pull -ss/w pec dec
4x12 & 4x15

Circuit set of
Snatch grip upright row x10,8,8,8
High cable cur 3x12
Cambered bar tri ext 3x12

Had 20g Cho with my pre workout (Powerade) then drank the remaining 40g Cho + additional potassium during my workout.

Will go through my lumbar recovery tonight because McGill recommends NOT doing it upon waking or even a few hours after. So, it’ll be done after work.

Nothing to note about the supplements.

Be easy
God bless

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You have to be patient with the back rehab. Expect months - you need to change your mindset and understand you cannot have the peak of your pyramid without building a solid foundation to support the enormous base it will take.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have to be patient with the back rehab. Expect months - you need to change your mindset and understand you cannot have the peak of your pyramid without building a solid foundation to support the enormous base it will take.
Absolutely, you’re 100% correct and I’ve finally figured out after the third time that this isn’t going to be something that goes away and training (loads, frequency and volume) play a critical role in keeping my back healthy AFTER the rehabilitation takes place. Training has to be pretty methodical at that point.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been on a buffalo chicken dip kick lately (last week and this week)

Fat free cream cheese
Ff cheddar cheese
Chicken
Full fat ranch
Buffalo sauce

Then I cut up up corn tortillas and lightly spray them with cooking spray (olive oil) and broil them until brown.

It’s been great lol

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dupe

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3 —- upper

YTWL
Scapula dips

Moderate decline bench
—-10,8,6,15 rep scheme—-

Seated CG row ( two D handles)
—10,8,6,15 rep scheme—-

Circuit sets
Db lateral raise 12,10,10,8
Db hammer curl 4x10
Rope ext 4x15

Pallof press x10 per side 3x

Another done. The pain in my lumbar is roughly 70% gone so that’s good. Only 30% to go and a lifetime of maintenance. Obviously i won’t be pushing it once the pain is gone. Going to dedicate at minimum all of August and September to removing the pain avenues and building my lumbar.

Take care
God bless

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn’t realize I have not updated lol been looking at other threads!

Brisk walks and my entire lumbar recovery is still going strong.

I hit “legs” Friday and this past Monday.

Monday— lower

Pubic adjustment
Kneeling stir the pots
Oblique planks
Bird dogs
Hip air planes

Bb Hip thrust
145x4x8

Leg press
4x12

Seated calf raise
Pyramid sets

Lying leg curl
4x8

Ab wheel 4x8

-Tuesday —upper—

YTWL
Scap dips x2x10

Low incline bb bench
-10,8,6,15 rep scheme-

Flat Db fly
4x8

Lat pull down
-10,8,6,15 rep scheme-

Kneeling face pull
4x10

Snatch grip upright row
55x4x8

Pallof press 4x10

Arms super set, 3 sets of 12-15.

Das it. Going to keep the leg press subbed in for quad work along with BFR quads. Can tell you one thing, my glutes are EXTREMELY sore.

Be easy
God bless

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Banana and PB have been my go-to lately lol them thangs is fireeee

Upper

YTWL
Scap dips

Slight decline bench
-10,8,6,15 rep scheme-

Pec deck fly
3x8

Seated row ss/w WGPU
4x10 & 4x6

Db Lateral raise
4x10

Db curl ss/w v bar tri ext
3x8 & 3x12

Ab wheel
3x8

Took 45min.

Be easy
God bless

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lower

Pubic adjustment
Cat/camel 8 “reps”
Kneeling stir the pots
Oblique planks
Bird dogs

BFR leg ext
100 reps ascending weight, descending reps 25-15reps

Standing leg curl
2x10
3x8
3x7

Seated calf raise
5x12s

Back ext
3x12

Pallof press
3x10 per side

All she wrote. Monday I’ll likely BFR my leg press work after my hip thrusts. Who knows. I *may* work in air squats at some point Monday, idk. I’ve noticed that the “foot drop” or dorsiflexion collapse I had in my right foot is pretty well gone. Also, my lumbar is feeling pretty good today, that’s a win. I’d say I’m around 90% (only reason I’m considering air squats next week).

Anyhow
God bless

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper

Ytwl
Scap dips

Bench
-10,8,6,15 rep scheme-
170,185 (205 for a single) 220, 150

220x6 https://www.dropbox.com/s/muy41g0easy494x/Aug1 2020 220x6 bench.mov?dl=0 micro pause on the last rep, in my head it was a longer pause

High cable fly
4x8

Lat pull down w/d handles? *looks like the standard bar but has d handle grips on the end
—10,8,6,15—

D handle face pulls
4x15

Arnold press
5x7

Dips
4x12 body weight

Curls
4x8

Working out after a cheat meal is insanely satisfying. Pump was huge and my strength felt good (mainly bench, because last weeks 215x6 was definitely Rpe 10.

Be easy
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Feel like poo(throat is VERY sore, small headache- probably has to do with the lack of sleep). Don’t feel like I slept last night
IMG_3994.JPG
which I didn’t, well not quality sleep.

Not training today or tomorrow and Wednesday’s are off days any way. Will likely pick back up Thursday if I feel better.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have strep.

So, imma go ahead and chill out until Monday. Take my antibiotics and let this steroid shot do it’s thing.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Feel better and prioritize fluids and sleep. Remember to work some electrolytes and carbs in as hydration will help you clean out faster while feeling better. Some hot chicken noodle soup with NuSalt added.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get well soon man
Appreciate it Bob.
Feel better and prioritize fluids and sleep. Remember to work some electrolytes and carbs in as hydration will help you clean out faster while feeling better. Some hot chicken noodle soup with NuSalt added.
Fluids are easy peezy.

Eating- well, swallowing is uncomfortable but I can still do it. Boy, does warm tea feel good on my throat lol well, any liquid that’s warm for that matter

I never realized how much i swallow while sleeping but with strep I feel every swallow as I “sleep”.

literally so uncomfortable swallowing I can’t get quality sleep

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
P/P/L for the foreseeable future until I get my lumbar “healthy”. Took a bunch of ideologies from Paul carter.

Push
Bench 5,4,3,2,1 + 1 amrap
Incline 350 method
Lateral raise 100 reps
Tricep 100 reps
Front rack kb carries

Pull
Vertical pull 5-6 hops/2 rounds
Horizontal pull 350 method
Snatch grip upright row 350 method
Bicep 100 reps
Back ext
Pallof press

Lower
BB hip thrust 350
Leg press 350 rotated EOW w/air squats 3x amap
Rope pull through 350
Calves 350 method
Ab wheel

My barbell movement will be RPE based and the amrap will be 70-75% of my top single. Two conditioning days and all of my prehab McGill work stays, obviously.

*350 is, pick a starting weight to get 50 reps over 3 sets- however, you may only get 40 reps the first session. Goal is to eventually reach 50 reps with the weight, then increase weight. Get a lot of volume essentially.

@Hyde @Sean1332 @jswain34

Critiques?

I think when I eventually add squatting and deadlifting back in, in the future I’ll use base building (like you mentioned in the past hyde) and go from there.

Any input would be great guys, thanks!

God bless!

Last edited:
Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it looks good & simple and using whatever exercises are healthy for your situation. Try to use the leg press how Mike Israetel and his gang do.

Outside of competing, I don't think I'll ever conventional or sumo deadlift in training. I'd much prefer SLDL/RDL variants. I'm not sure how those would be on your back once you're healed but it'd at least require lighter loading.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree with Sean’s comments. Pain free work is the name of the game for you right now too, so if what you laid out allows for that then go for it.

The only thing glaring that I see with your layout is that there’s zero horizontal rowing. Maybe alternate between lat pull downs & a pronated or neutral grip horizontal row each pull session?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it looks good & simple and using whatever exercises are healthy for your situation. Try to use the leg press how Mike Israetel and his gang do.

Outside of competing, I don't think I'll ever conventional or sumo deadlift in training. I'd much prefer SLDL/RDL variants. I'm not sure how those would be on your back once you're healed but it'd at least require lighter loading.
Ill look at israetels leg pressing, thanks buddy.

I agree with Sean’s comments. Pain free work is the name of the game for you right now too, so if what you laid out allows for that then go for it.

The only thing glaring that I see with your layout is that there’s zero horizontal rowing. Maybe alternate between lat pull downs & a pronated or neutral grip horizontal row each pull session?
Thanks, I shoulda specified more, I will be rotating horizontal pulling every other session.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is this a weekly plan? Or are you lifting daily with one day off per PPL rotation? Big difference in recovery obviously between those.

Should be a good setup either way. You are doing your core rehab continuously. Just make sure you make smart decisions with your overhead pressing and horizontal rowing as far as being able to support yourself without hurting the back. Use bench support if needed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is this a weekly plan? Or are you lifting daily with one day off per PPL rotation? Big difference in recovery obviously between those.

Should be a good setup either way. You are doing your core rehab continuously. Just make sure you make smart decisions with your overhead pressing and horizontal rowing as far as being able to support yourself without hurting the back. Use bench support if needed.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Thanks fam.

Day on day off. The OHP I’m REALLY on the fence about. I could always just lateral raise or keep Arnold presses.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think it looks good & simple and using whatever exercises are healthy for your situation.

^^^ This

a routine is simply that a routine
Can you adhere to it?
Does it provide the proper stimulation?
Can you execute the lifts pain-free and with proper range of motion?
If so.. rinse / repeat and let time do its part and keep you off the sidelines injured.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W1D1

Push workout

Warm ups
YTWL
Scapula dips

Bench
185x5
195x4
205x3
215x2
220x1
165x13

Db incline
40x 22,18,13
*went too light. Will use 50s next week.

Tricep rope ext 100 reps
Db lateral 100 reps
Front rack KB carry. Walked laps.

Yo, my frontal plane was YOKED lol Also, PC can suck a duck because 100 reps is stupid. Taking a week off and “relaxing” even though my sleep was complete trash was nice. Everything felt good, no aches. I know I benched 220 for six a week ago but the paused single was an @7 lol also left 2RIR on the back off set.

My post workout shake graduated to another level. It’s nothing serious but it made a world of difference on texture and helps me get more nutrient dense cals in. 10oz fairlife chocolate milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein and 4oz sweet potato (skin removed) and blend that dude.

Take care
God bless

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sweet Potato in a shake eh?
I see you took @Hyde and his advice with the Farilife Milk.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I threw a scoop of the PB Chocolate Bliss Nutrabio Isolate in 8oz Chocolate FL today and poured it over a cup of Nature Valley Granola (the one with the soy isolate in it) and ate that 75 min preWO - man was it perfect!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yessir. I won’t drink a regular shake again lol

Yeah, have been since he mentioned it. Easy addition of potassium, decent protein and well, it’s chocolate milk .

Man I threw a scoop of the PB Chocolate Bliss Nutrabio Isolate in 8oz Chocolate FL today and poured it over a cup of Nature Valley Granola (the one with the soy isolate in it) and ate that 75 min preWO - man was it perfect!
Bob sent me some packs of protein from @DieselNY keto line and I mixed the chocolate cereal milk in FL chocolate milk and it was hands down the best chocolate flavor I’ve had. The cereal milk has an undertone of coco pebbles but the chocolate milk intensified it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not post workout, but if drinking another time like preWO meal, a tbsp of nut butter really sets off a sweet potato-based shake. Also goes pretty good with oats, or all 3.

Had my share of sweet potato & oat baby food squeezable packets at various comps - steady energy & goes down easy.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not post workout, but if drinking another time like preWO meal, a tbsp of nut butter really sets off a sweet potato-based shake. Also goes pretty good with oats, or all 3.

Had my share of sweet potato & oat baby food squeezable packets at various comps - steady energy & goes down easy.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yessir. I won’t drink a regular shake again lol

Yeah, have been since he mentioned it. Easy addition of potassium, decent protein and well, it’s chocolate milk .

Bob sent me some packs of protein from @DieselNY keto line and I mixed the chocolate cereal milk in FL chocolate milk and it was hands down the best chocolate flavor I’ve had. The cereal milk has an undertone of coco pebbles but the chocolate milk intensified it.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah when I sat with my flavor chemist I told him I wanted a very clean taste and not the typical chocolate most people are used too...I really wanted to get that "milk on the bottom of the bowl" taste.... also no funky acid like after taste like most proteins and people love it. Mixed with the peanut butter cookie Iso-Whey it is really amazing.

If you think the chocolate cereal milk is good....wait until another cereal type flavor we are doing flavor drops soon. Should have a ton of samples to Bob in 5-6 weeks when the new flavor drops. Imagine a taste that our testers said "it tastes more like the real thing than the real thing does!!" :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah when I sat with my flavor chemist I told him I wanted a very clean taste and not the typical chocolate most people are used too...I really wanted to get that "milk on the bottom of the bowl" taste.... also no funky acid like after taste like most proteins and people love it. Mixed with the peanut butter cookie Iso-Whey it is really amazing.

If you think the chocolate cereal milk is good....wait until another cereal type flavor we are doing flavor drops soon. Should have a ton of samples to Bob in 5-6 weeks when the new flavor drops. Imagine a taste that our testers said "it tastes more like the real thing than the real thing does!!" :)
And I will send out another 10-12 packages to AM members on my dime for feedback!
@tyga tyga if you need some more samples when @DieselNY hooks me up. Let me know I will shoot you another package.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W1D2

Pull workout

Lat pull down 5 hops x6 reps per - 2min rest between rounds - no rest between hops
80,90,100,120,140 x6
-2min rest
80,90,100,120,140 x6

Seated row
80x46

Snatch grip upright row
55x38

Back ext x42

Bicep
100 reps

Pallof
3x12 per side

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lower

Pubic adjustment
Stir the pots
Cat/camel
Oblique plank
Bird dogs

Bb hip thrust 350
145x16,12,12

B/w Air squats
3x25 w/min rest in between

Seated calf raise 350
10x19,18,15 (will up weight next week)

Kb swing
25x3x12

Ab wheel 4x10

Um... the air squats almost had me puking . Goal is to build them up to 100 reps in four sets, then I’ll try for three sets and eventually into two sets.

Tomorrow is an upper conditioning day.

Take care
God bless

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks good man. Thrusts and kb swings all pain free?

And ef that torture progression for air squats you just described.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks good man. Thrusts and kb swings all pain free?

And ef that torture progression for air squats you just described.
Completely pain free! Granted, the swings aren’t full hinge swings.. more of a 1/4 swing. Not a squat swing tho. Have to keep the throttle back if I’m going to get out from under this lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W2D1

Push workout

YTWL and scapula dips for warm ups

Bench
190x5
205x4
210x3
220x2
230x1
170x12

Incline db
50x40

V bar ext
100 reps

Seated Lateral raise
100 reps

Ab wheel

Leg raise

Incline Db will stay with the 50s until I can get 50 reps over the three sets. That was TOUGH after the first set lol. Also, on my conditioning days I’m going to add in farmer carries as extra stability work for my core.

Yesterday I took the fam on a hike and if I could manage to do that every weekend I would use it as my active recovery. Buuuutttt we had to drive 45min for the hike lol

Also, those air squats wrecked my legs.

Take care
God bless

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ever been to Johnson’s Shut-ins? It looks like it’s nearly as far for you as it is for me. Awesome park we would go every other summer to go hike/swim through the shut-ins when I was very young. You basically are hiking/climbing rocks through a beautiful stream that feeds into a big lagoon.

Been nearly a decade since I’ve been, but it was an awesome park.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ever been to Johnson’s Shut-ins? It looks like it’s nearly as far for you as it is for me. Awesome park we would go every other summer to go hike/swim through the shut-ins when I was very young. You basically are hiking/climbing rocks through a beautiful stream that feeds into a big lagoon.

Been nearly a decade since I’ve been, but it was an awesome park.
No I haven’t, the wife has. BUT, we’re actually planning on Elephant rock and Johnson shut-Ins this weekend or next weekend before my daughter goes back to school.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No I haven’t, the wife has. BUT, we’re actually planning on Elephant rock and Johnson shut-Ins this weekend or next weekend before my daughter goes back to school.
Yeah yeah yeah! That’s what we used to do! Hike then go get wet!

Gotta grab a couple pics at Elephant. Place was larger than life when I was little.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So much CRAP has happened and I'm ready for 2020 to be over.

My in-laws side all ended up contracting COVID. Three of the Five had Bi-lateral pneumonia. Two were put on oxygen and my father in-law died. He developed the cytokine storm and the worst part is he died alone due to hospital restrictions and policy. My heart rate wouldn't fall below 150, and all my lymph nodes alongside my rib cage and arm pits were stabbing for days along with a ridiculous headache and chills to sweats that wouldn't stop. Wife and I ended up in the ER with chest/heart inflammation from the virus. Luckily my daughter had a temp for a day and a itchy throat for a day as well and that was it. There is a literal laundry list of symptoms my wife and I both experienced and none of it was easy. I could go on and on but it just plain sucked.

Anyone who says its like the flu can kick rocks. I have zero tolerance for hearing that or the atypical response after hearing my FIL passed. It's not compassion for losing someone any more its a political response of "did he have underlying conditions". No, he didn't. He was a 55yr old healthy man.

On top of all that im trying to finish 1,400 sqft of basement (adding bathroom, electrical - the whole nine, to let my MIL move in with us for the time being)

This all took place at the tail end of August so I didn't lift all of september and eased back into it this month.

squat, bench is 5x5
deadlift is actually Stiff leg 5x3

everything else is paul carters 350

Bench last session was 185x5x5
squat 165x5x5 ( adding 10lbs every session to keep my back moving in the right direction)
SLDL 95x5x3

*Let me make this abundantly clear, my FIL was a firm believer in Christ and an wholesome Christian man so although my wife and I have solace in the fact he is rejoicing in heaven, the pain left behind for everyone else is indescribable. I wish people took this more serious because it shouldn't take someone losing loved one to realize the virus is real.

Take care
God Bless.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sorry to hear that you and your family has gone through so much, especially of your FIL's passing. I'm happy to hear that your daughter stayed safe through all of this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Workout Logs 108