Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dose 9
2 sprays
the liger is focused on work. very busy today. a few weird customer problems. he seems to be not as high strung dealing with the engineering dept. this is not the norm.

Might have to have another couple of hits soon!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brandinooooo hairygrandpa Jebrook SFreed Sparkss thebigt FireTitan HIT4ME lifted67 smith_69 Tank999 br1ck_Sh1thouse mmorso ryane87 Rocket3015 justhere4comm angcd3 blueline438 habajaba thorsdad31 lukehayd BloodManor heavyiron BEAST73 rtmilburn MrKleen73 Martyfnemec TheMyth MonteRXS DemntedCowboy bloodnthunder love2liftkat kenpoengineer

Here are the Updated noodz that everyone has been asking for. Even though it really doesn't have to do with the log.
I did notice from the pics how my bad shoulder has affected my proportions from one side to the next. it's been over 2 years but it is getting better.

Weight up to 206.4 And yes I have been enjoying all the holiday goodies!

12-7-17.jpg

12-7-17a.jpg

12-7-17b.jpg

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking Good,and I love the double bicep Pose!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking Good,and I love the double bicep Pose!
Except my biceps suck. always have. haven't hit triceps in 6 weeks. I can look at them and they grow.
Need to get some noodz with a pump going. Problem I always have to wait for the wife to get done with cardio and buy then the pump is gone.
She lifts for 30-45 min. and does an hour of cardio. I prefer 1.5 hrs of lifting.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Except my biceps suck. always have. haven't hit triceps in 6 weeks. I can look at them and they grow.
Need to get some noodz with a pump going. Problem I always have to wait for the wife to get done with cardio and buy then the pump is gone.
She lifts for 30-45 min. and does an hour of cardio. I prefer 1.5 hrs of lifting.
She's doing it backwards. Lol

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lookin good man! Keep showing the kids how it's done!!!

(Is the towel there in case your nutz slip out?)

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lookin good man! Keep showing the kids how it's done!!!

(Is the towel there in case your nutz slip out?)
LMAO. It's my shirt. My wife was like why did you put your shirt there. I was like I got wood! No I didn't want to throw it on the floor. Plus there were a couple 20 something chicks in the room and I didn't want them to run off with it to rub one off. !

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking great! You have nice biceps! They don’t suck!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff but I don't see the big size discrepancy you mentioned. Where am I suppoed to be seeing this? I see a little bit different lighting on one side but not an obvious lack of development.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you talking about how much higher the one side is in the FDB? If so I think that has more to do with your positioning than development but the positioning could be a direct result of whatever imbalance you are referring too.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you talking about how much higher the one side is in the FDB? If so I think that has more to do with your positioning than development but the positioning could be a direct result of whatever imbalance you are referring too.
You might be correct. Maybe it's just because I can't lift my left shoulder as high.
From what I have seen in the mirror there is a size difference between my left and right shoulder and anything connected.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking solid bro

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
looking leaner than last pics I saw of you....keep it up!!!:cheers:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You might be correct. Maybe it's just because I can't lift my left shoulder as high.
From what I have seen in the mirror there is a size difference between my left and right shoulder and anything connected.
Could be right, if so maybe the light is masking it or I am just missing it. Either way you are big as hell right now and looking good!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good as always, bro!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dose 10
2 sprays pre workout.mind to muscle connection was excellent!

Dosing has stopped for now.
Been fighting upper respiratory crude since Saturday morning.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dose 10

It's that time of year, isn't it. Between the respiratory shyt and the flu seems like everybody's coming down with something. Hope you feel better soon!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's that time of year, isn't it. Between the respiratory shyt and the flu seems like everybody's coming down with something. Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks brother!
jumped on this crud fast with the meds.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks brother!
jumped on this crud fast with the meds.
I’m battling it too. Nose is stopped up and respiratory has taken a hit lol

Advil cold and sinus rotated with DayQuil serve cold is helping... some.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dose 10

Good thing is selank SHOULD (in theory) help you recover from the cold

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Studhorse and tyga tyga get well guys!!!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Brother! Working on it. I never get sick and it sucks.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good thing is selank SHOULD (in theory) help you recover from the cold
Problem is my nose is so stuffed up it just runs out when I try to use it. Going to hold off till I can get cleared up a little.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Feel better!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Problem is my nose is so stuffed up it just runs out when I try to use it. Going to hold off till I can get cleared up a little.
Tomorrow begins my sparring/cardio. You should do it too! 1-2 slight hits on the nose cures it!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nasal Lavage. Basically, just suck some salt water into your nose. Not hard enough to actually pull it into your lungs, just enough to keep it in your nasal cavities. Clears them right out.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m a fan of pseudoephedrine and alka-seltzer cold but I have heard of the salt water trick.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nasal Lavage. Basically, just suck some salt water into your nose. Not hard enough to actually pull it into your lungs, just enough to keep it in your nasal cavities. Clears them right out.
I have been doing this. I hate it but it works. I should be good to go today. Slept all night last night without breathing through my nose!
I use a straw and warm salt water. Make sure the salt has iodine in it.
Up the nose and out the mouth. Funny thing is it makes me cry and I always come up to the wife and tell her I love her while I have tears coming out. It doesn't work but makes me feel like I'm a sensitive guy.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m a fan of pseudoephedrine and alka-seltzer cold but I have heard of the salt water trick.
pseudoephedrine makes me feel like i'm tweaking. I'm pretty high strung to begin with, usually not a very good combo.
If I get desperate I will take it because it works.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tomorrow begins my sparring/cardio. You should do it too! 1-2 slight hits on the nose cures it!
Well for a few minutes until the inflammation starts...

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dose 11
My Liger had 3 sprays and headed into a board meeting. First my eyes were watering from my sensitive sinuses. (getting over upper respirator crud)

He was very mellow for about hour and then became uninterested. The concentration was good but not fantastic.
This seems to always have a calming effect and helps some what with focus and concentration. This was not a great indicator because it was a board meeting. Usually pretty boring.

It's been 2 hrs. and He is wanting a few more hits. Trying to hold off until he hits the gym!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dose 11
My Liger had 3 sprays and headed into a board meeting. First my eyes were watering from my sensitive sinuses. (getting over upper respirator crud)

He was very mellow for about hour and then became uninterested. The concentration was good but not fantastic.
This seems to always have a calming effect and helps some what with focus and concentration. This was not a great indicator because it was a board meeting. Usually pretty boring.

It's been 2 hrs. and He is wanting a few more hits. Trying to hold off until he hits the gym!
Wanting 2 more hits? Does this make you want to use it more often? Seems a bit odd unless some possible addictive properties. I am not familiar with it at all so I have no clue, but the way you made that sound is like there is a desire for more.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wanting 2 more hits? Does this make you want to use it more often? Seems a bit odd unless some possible addictive properties. I am not familiar with it at all so I have no clue, but the way you made that sound is like there is a desire for more.
The calming effective is quite nice for about 2 hrs. and then starts to fade. Its been awile now and he is still pretty good. He just likes that feeling the best when you first use it.

I wouldn't say it's addictive or I would have used some more already.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The calming effective is quite nice for about 2 hrs. and then starts to fade. Its been awile now and he is still pretty good. He just likes that feeling the best when you first use it.

I wouldn't say it's addictive or I would have used some more already.
So, not addictive persay, just enjoyable. As long as it doesn't end up having you use it more often to try to get that feeling then no big deal. Could still be psychologically addictive but just about anything can be. A lot of these Nootropic types of products have addictive properties and attentuation issues associated to them, like phenibut and PEA.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, not addictive persay, just enjoyable. As long as it doesn't end up having you use it more often to try to get that feeling then no big deal. Could still be psychologically addictive but just about anything can be. A lot of these Nootropic types of products have addictive properties and attentuation issues associated to them, like phenibut and PEA.
Been down the addicted route. won't go there again. If I feel anything close to be addicted this will be tossed.
Still addicted to nicotine. Thank God for vaping or I would still be smoking cigs.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Forgot: I'm addicted to caffeine as well!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Forgot: I'm addicted to caffeine as well!
Get it from coffee that way at least it is basically a health drink! So many benefits to coffee it is insane. I drink at least 6 cups a day, just have to make sure to get your water in there too!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get it from coffee that way at least it is basically a health drink! So many benefits to coffee it is insane. I drink at least 6 cups a day, just have to make sure to get your water in there too!
Exactly. that is why i don't take stim fat burners. I know I'm drinking 6-8 cups a day.
And I pound the water. Started that when I had my first kidney stone when I was around 30.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There is both dementia and alzheimers in my family so I intentionally drink coffee like it is going out of style. You really can not get much better than 30% less likely to develop them if you are a heavy coffee drinker. I mean to decide not to drink it would really not make any sense for me!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There is both dementia and alzheimers in my family so I intentionally drink coffee like it is going out of style. You really can not get much better than 30% less likely to develop them if you are a heavy coffee drinker. I mean to decide not to drink it would really not make any sense for me!
I did not know this...good info!!!

30% less likely, eh?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did not know this...good info!!!

30% less likely, eh?
If I remember the numbers correctly it was definitely a significant reduction. Here is a little info on it but it doesn't say the amount. I can't remember where I saw / heard it so don't quote me on the 30%.

Look at this though, the last one is very interesting as it states that 70% of people who get Type 2 diabetes will get Alzheimers!!!! Can you imagine all of the bodybuilders we are going to start hearing about with alzheimers with all of the insulin use them becoming Type 2 seems almost a given...

Copied from https://www.alzheimers.net/2014-04-09/benefits-of-coffee/

"Can‘t live without your daily cup of joe? We don‘t blame you!4 Surprising Benefits of Coffee
Although studies have historically shown the negative side effects of coffee, recent studies indicate that it can actually improve your health — from boosting brain power, to delaying Alzheimer’s disease and improving memory as you age.
Surprising Benefits of Coffee
Read on to learn more about the surprising benefits of coffee on the body and mind.

1. Coffee Can Delay the Onset of Alzheimer’s
Studies show that caffeine and coffee can delay the onset of Alzheimer’s, even in seniors who already have some form of mild dementia. Research shows that caffeine blocks inflammation in the brain, specifically adenosine receptors, which can start a chain reaction that begins the mind’s cognitive decline.
Coffee can have such a positive effect on inflammation in the brain, that adults over the age of 65 who had higher levels of caffeine in their blood, were found to avoid or delay the onset of Alzheimer’s.
Neuroscientist Chuanhai Cao, said of the study: “These intriguing results suggest that older adults with mild memory impairment who drink moderate levels of coffee — about three cups a day — will not convert to Alzheimer’s disease or at least will experience a substantial delay before converting to Alzheimer’s.”

2. Coffee Positively Affects Key Protein in Alzheimer’s Disease
Similar to the beta-amyloid protein, the tau protein is very closely linked with Alzheimer’s. Build up of the protein is present in brain scans of people with the disease, and it is thought that the tangles of tau can kill brain cells and lead to cognitive decline.
Results from another recent study show that caffeine has a positive effect on the tau protein. Caffeine is an adenosine receptor antagonist, which means it blocks some receptors in the brain that contribute to the build of and entanglement of tau. Researchers hope their findings will lead to a new class of drugs to treat Alzheimer’s disease.

3. Coffee Boosts Brain Function and Memory
A study done at the University of California showed that adults who consumed 200 mg of caffeine before taking a memory test had significantly greater scores on the test.
Participants were asked to look at images and take the caffeine pill, then come back one day later to identify the images that they had seen, images they had not seen, and images that were similar, but not identical. Researchers found that caffeine enhances long term memory by improving the consolidation process so that recall becomes easier.
It is important to note that participants who received 300 mg of caffeine did not do significantly better on the test and reported negative side effects such as feeling jittery and having headaches.

4. Coffee Can Protect Against Type 2 Diabetes, Which Can Lead to Alzheimer’s
Do you enjoy coffee but not like the side effects of caffeine? You can still enjoy coffee’s benefits. Studies have shown that even decaffeinated coffee can lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Authors of the study wrote, “Compared with no coffee consumption… six cups a day of coffee was associated with a 33% lower risk of type 2 diabetes.” The study found that increasing your coffee intake by one cup per day led to a 9% reduction in risk while one cup per day of decaf coffee led to a 6% reduction in risk.
Approximately 70% of people who suffer from type 2 diabetes go on to develop Alzheimer’s disease. Other studies even suggest that Alzheimer’s may be the late stages of type 2 diabetes or even a third type of diabetes
."

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I remember the numbers correctly it was definitely a significant reduction. Here is a little info on it but it doesn't say the amount. I can't remember where I saw / heard it so don't quote me on the 30%.

Look at this though, the last one is very interesting as it states that 70% of people who get Type 2 diabetes will get Alzheimers!!!! Can you imagine all of the bodybuilders we are going to start hearing about with alzheimers with all of the insulin use them becoming Type 2 seems almost a given...

Copied from https://www.alzheimers.net/2014-04-09/benefits-of-coffee/

"Can‘t live without your daily cup of joe? We don‘t blame you!4 Surprising Benefits of Coffee
Although studies have historically shown the negative side effects of coffee, recent studies indicate that it can actually improve your health — from boosting brain power, to delaying Alzheimer’s disease and improving memory as you age.
Surprising Benefits of Coffee
Read on to learn more about the surprising benefits of coffee on the body and mind.

1. Coffee Can Delay the Onset of Alzheimer’s
Studies show that caffeine and coffee can delay the onset of Alzheimer’s, even in seniors who already have some form of mild dementia. Research shows that caffeine blocks inflammation in the brain, specifically adenosine receptors, which can start a chain reaction that begins the mind’s cognitive decline.
Coffee can have such a positive effect on inflammation in the brain, that adults over the age of 65 who had higher levels of caffeine in their blood, were found to avoid or delay the onset of Alzheimer’s.
Neuroscientist Chuanhai Cao, said of the study: “These intriguing results suggest that older adults with mild memory impairment who drink moderate levels of coffee — about three cups a day — will not convert to Alzheimer’s disease or at least will experience a substantial delay before converting to Alzheimer’s.”

2. Coffee Positively Affects Key Protein in Alzheimer’s Disease
Similar to the beta-amyloid protein, the tau protein is very closely linked with Alzheimer’s. Build up of the protein is present in brain scans of people with the disease, and it is thought that the tangles of tau can kill brain cells and lead to cognitive decline.
Results from another recent study show that caffeine has a positive effect on the tau protein. Caffeine is an adenosine receptor antagonist, which means it blocks some receptors in the brain that contribute to the build of and entanglement of tau. Researchers hope their findings will lead to a new class of drugs to treat Alzheimer’s disease.

3. Coffee Boosts Brain Function and Memory
A study done at the University of California showed that adults who consumed 200 mg of caffeine before taking a memory test had significantly greater scores on the test.
Participants were asked to look at images and take the caffeine pill, then come back one day later to identify the images that they had seen, images they had not seen, and images that were similar, but not identical. Researchers found that caffeine enhances long term memory by improving the consolidation process so that recall becomes easier.
It is important to note that participants who received 300 mg of caffeine did not do significantly better on the test and reported negative side effects such as feeling jittery and having headaches.

4. Coffee Can Protect Against Type 2 Diabetes, Which Can Lead to Alzheimer’s
Do you enjoy coffee but not like the side effects of caffeine? You can still enjoy coffee’s benefits. Studies have shown that even decaffeinated coffee can lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Authors of the study wrote, “Compared with no coffee consumption… six cups a day of coffee was associated with a 33% lower risk of type 2 diabetes.” The study found that increasing your coffee intake by one cup per day led to a 9% reduction in risk while one cup per day of decaf coffee led to a 6% reduction in risk.
Approximately 70% of people who suffer from type 2 diabetes go on to develop Alzheimer’s disease. Other studies even suggest that Alzheimer’s may be the late stages of type 2 diabetes or even a third type of diabetes
."
Wow great post!! Thanks man.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This log has officially come to an end. Please feel free to ask any questions.
My liger will continue to try it.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember when Coffee was bad for you. I did have to drop drinking 2 pots a day because my eye lid wouldn't stop twitching.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember when Coffee was bad for you. I did have to drop drinking 2 pots a day because my eye lid wouldn't stop twitching.
Haha my manager-- a 76 year old navy vet-- drinks over a gallon of coffee a day. I'm not joking. He is nuts, and doesn't drink water only coffee and beer. He told "if im in a fuk it mood I may also have a glass of milk a week".

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha my manager-- a 76 year old navy vet-- drinks over a gallon of coffee a day. I'm not joking. He is nuts, and doesn't drink water only coffee and beer. He told "if im in a fuk it mood I may also have a glass of milk a week".
If milk was so good for you, cows would drink it all their life.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
when I was on bridge watch team there was ALWAYS a pot of coffee, new man had to make the new pot. every work station/berthing area had it's coffee pot going!!!

GO NAVY...aaar, matey