Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
selank.jpg

Selank Spray 200 mcg+ per spray (10mL bottle @ 2mg per mL)
https://www.cognitivenutrition.com/research-chemicals-these-items-are-for-only-research-and-not-for-human-use/selank-spray-200mcg-per-spray-10ml-bottle-2mg-per-ml/

Thanks to NeuroTropic for providing this for my Liger

pic s.jpg

Dosing: He will take it before something that may cause stress or before his workouts so we can best gauge this.
As you can see this is a very small bottle and will be very easy to carry in my pocket.
First day 1 spray when my Liger gets to work.
I will increase 1 additional spray each day before work and or before his workouts to see were the sweet spot is.
Brandinooooo hairygrandpa Jebrook SFreed Sparkss thebigt
FireTitan HIT4ME lifted67 smith_69 Tank999 br1ck_Sh1thouse mmorso ryane87
Rocket3015 justhere4comm angcd3 blueline438 habajaba thorsdad31 lukehayd
BloodManor heavyiron BEAST73 rtmilburn MrKleen73 Martyfnemec TheMyth MonteRXS DemntedCowboy bloodnthunder love2liftkat kenpoengineer

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This liger is gonna get nootropped

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looks good. Cant wait to see how the Liger reacts

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NeuroTropic
As I have been readying more about this before I put this in my ligers sinuses I have one question.
Should I store this in the fridge and not carry this in my pocket? I heard shaking this my not be good for it.
Right now it is stored at home in my kitchen cabinet with all the other stuff I have.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Following along as a liger enthusiast.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
NeuroTropic
As I have been readying more about this before I put this in my sinuses I have one question.
Should I store this in the fridge and not carry this in my pocket? I heard shaking this my not be good for it.
Right now it is stored at home in my kitchen cabinet with all the other stuff I have.
Shaking is fine. Only when it's summer do you want this in the fridge so you're good to carry it around just don't get it hot.

Subbed!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed. Hoping mine lands today!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In.
Took the injectible Selank for awhile, interested how it treats you.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What did it do for you?
I had panic attacks in the past. At one moment I thought they are about to come back, after having some real life stress. Selank calmed my anxiety "a bit", just enough to get over the stress period. It was subtle, helped somewhat with sleep too.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Talking about panic attacks, it may be worth sharing here, may I Studhorse ?
:
Got my first panic attack late in life, at 46yo while driving in heavy traffic. It was also the time when I was badly out of shape.
My panic attacks stopped since I'm in better shape AND on TRT. Nowadays I blame them on high estrogen and low test. On the other hand I noted, when prolactin gets high, they are about to come back, for instance on a NPP cycle without caber.

Selank helped somewhat to calm me down, but honestly, I don't think it could have aborted an attack for me. Phenibut was the best experience -but tolerance was a biatch.

Why are you giving Selank to the Liger? What problems does he have?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Talking about panic attacks, it may be worth sharing here, may I Studhorse ?
:
Got my first panic attack late in life, at 46yo while driving in heavy traffic. It was also the time when I was badly out of shape.
My panic attacks stopped since I'm in better shape AND on TRT. Nowadays I blame them on high estrogen and low test. On the other hand I noted, when prolactin gets high, they are about to come back, for instance on a NPP cycle without caber.

Selank helped somewhat to calm me down, but honestly, I don't think it could have aborted an attack for me. Phenibut was the best experience -but tolerance was a biatch.

Why are you giving Selank to the Liger? What problems does he have?
Just testing it out on him. He is getting up there in age. Seeing how he responds to high stress situations, clarity of thoughts, ect.. using this.
He will be trying Semax later as well.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just testing it out on him. He is getting up there in age. Seeing how he responds to high stress situations, clarity of thoughts, ect.. using this.
He will be trying Semax later as well.
It definitely does something, lets see how he responds.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting. In to learn about this one. Someone teach me...

Proposed Benefits of Selank are...

And go!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting. In to learn about this one. Someone teach me...

Proposed Benefits of Selank are...

And go!
Found what I was reading on this last night.
Selank’s Method of Action
Immunomodulatory

From a purely pharmacological standpoint, selank mimics a lot of the effects of tuftsin which is the endogenous peptide it is based upon. These effects include the balance of T helper cells and the modulation of the expression of Interleukin-6. (4)

Additionally, there is evidence that suggests selank may modulate the expression of brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF) (3).

Serotonin, Noradrenaline and Dopamine Modulation

Selank’s mechanism of action is suspected to be related to the increase of serotonin. Serotonin influence’s appetite, supports a positive mood, and regulates the sleep and wake cycle. It is also well established that a serotonin deficient state can lead to depression, difficulty sleeping, and lack of an appetite.

A study on mice to unveil the effects of selank on neurotransmitter monomines and their metabolites showed significant differences in the content of dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, and in the levels of their hypothalamus, hippocampus, and frontal cortex (1). Further research supports selank’s serotonin raising ability (2) (6).

Selank and tuftsin were also shown to support serotonin levels despite rats being pre-treated with the serotonin synthesis inhibitor p-chlorophenylalanine. Serotonin metabolism was enhanced within 30 minutes of selank administration, however tuftsin was unable to raise 5-HT levels. (8).

Rodents exposed to 6-hydroxydopamine, a neurotoxin which damages the catecholaminergic system, had cognitive processes restored with selank (7).

Selank Benefits
Antidepressive Effects (Animal Study)

A study of mice genetically bred to suffer with depression demonstrated selank’s ability to fight adhedonia and restore pleasure seeking behaviors. Administration of selank increased sucrose self administration and reduced immobility during a forced swim test (9).

Anxiolytic / Anxiety Reducing

One study involving 62 patients with generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) sought to compare selank to a benzodiazepine treatment. 30 patients were treated with selank, while 32 with benzodiazepines, Remarkably, efficacy for both drugs was similar, however researchers noted selank carried anti-fatigue effects. (5). Full details on this study are difficult to obtain, as it was conducted in Russia and only the abstract has been indexed in pubmed.

Another study tested the immunomodulatory effects of selank, given that it’s endogenous “cousin” peptide, tuftsin, is primarily related to immune function. Selank was administered to patients with generalised anxiety disorder for 14 days, after which, it was noted that selank supressed IL-6 levels of patients with depression, while leaving healthy control subjects unaffected. T-helper cell (Th1/Th2) cytokines were also modulated in patients with GAD (4)

Selank as a Nootropic / Cognitive Enhancer

One animal study tested selank vs saline placebo during a food reward task that involved learning and memory. While specific study details are unclear, as the research was conducted in Russia, the researchers concluded that selank increased memory consolidation and this was primarily though to occur through a serotonin increase (2).

An animal study of adult rats showed selank was able to compensate for hypoxia induced cognitive deficit and the subsequent lowering of serotonin and noradrenaline (6).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very cool, and it made it to human trials also that is good stuff!

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Very cool, and it made it to human trials also that is good stuff!
Not just finished the trials it made it all the way to gov approval in Russia and is used there for various clinical uses. One of the safest peptides I've seen.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Someone said there would be Yoga Pants ????

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not just finished the trials it made it all the way to gov approval in Russia and is used there for various clinical uses. One of the safest peptides I've seen.
Nice! Not enough money for big pharma to have the FDA approve it here apparently... Oh wait probably cheaper than the anti-anxiety / antidepressant drugs that are booming on the market right now. Can't go cutting into their profits. Lobbyist simply won't have that!

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Nice! Not enough money for big pharma to have the FDA approve it here apparently... Oh wait probably cheaper than the anti-anxiety / antidepressant drugs that are booming on the market right now. Can't go cutting into their profits. Lobbyist simply won't have that!
Most Russian companies have no interest in the US in general. And the US drug companies has little interest in drugs with expired patients typically. Sadly because so many chemicals are effective for so many conditions and some people never have a chance to try them because they are born in the wrong country. People should have the choice to order whatever chemical that may help them with their goals.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Found what I was reading on this last night.
Selank’s Method of Action
Immunomodulatory

From a purely pharmacological standpoint, selank mimics a lot of the effects of tuftsin which is the endogenous peptide it is based upon. These effects include the balance of T helper cells and the modulation of the expression of Interleukin-6. (4)

Additionally, there is evidence that suggests selank may modulate the expression of brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF) (3).

Serotonin, Noradrenaline and Dopamine Modulation

Selank’s mechanism of action is suspected to be related to the increase of serotonin. Serotonin influence’s appetite, supports a positive mood, and regulates the sleep and wake cycle. It is also well established that a serotonin deficient state can lead to depression, difficulty sleeping, and lack of an appetite.

A study on mice to unveil the effects of selank on neurotransmitter monomines and their metabolites showed significant differences in the content of dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, and in the levels of their hypothalamus, hippocampus, and frontal cortex (1). Further research supports selank’s serotonin raising ability (2) (6).

Selank and tuftsin were also shown to support serotonin levels despite rats being pre-treated with the serotonin synthesis inhibitor p-chlorophenylalanine. Serotonin metabolism was enhanced within 30 minutes of selank administration, however tuftsin was unable to raise 5-HT levels. (8).

Rodents exposed to 6-hydroxydopamine, a neurotoxin which damages the catecholaminergic system, had cognitive processes restored with selank (7).

Selank Benefits
Antidepressive Effects (Animal Study)

A study of mice genetically bred to suffer with depression demonstrated selank’s ability to fight adhedonia and restore pleasure seeking behaviors. Administration of selank increased sucrose self administration and reduced immobility during a forced swim test (9).

Anxiolytic / Anxiety Reducing

One study involving 62 patients with generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) sought to compare selank to a benzodiazepine treatment. 30 patients were treated with selank, while 32 with benzodiazepines, Remarkably, efficacy for both drugs was similar, however researchers noted selank carried anti-fatigue effects. (5). Full details on this study are difficult to obtain, as it was conducted in Russia and only the abstract has been indexed in pubmed.

Another study tested the immunomodulatory effects of selank, given that it’s endogenous “cousin” peptide, tuftsin, is primarily related to immune function. Selank was administered to patients with generalised anxiety disorder for 14 days, after which, it was noted that selank supressed IL-6 levels of patients with depression, while leaving healthy control subjects unaffected. T-helper cell (Th1/Th2) cytokines were also modulated in patients with GAD (4)

Selank as a Nootropic / Cognitive Enhancer

One animal study tested selank vs saline placebo during a food reward task that involved learning and memory. While specific study details are unclear, as the research was conducted in Russia, the researchers concluded that selank increased memory consolidation and this was primarily though to occur through a serotonin increase (2).

An animal study of adult rats showed selank was able to compensate for hypoxia induced cognitive deficit and the subsequent lowering of serotonin and noradrenaline (6).
Wow you did a bit more research then I did haha.

stacy1212

stacy1212

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting... care if I join. I really like ligers... and as hairygrandpa said I too suffered from anxiety and panic attacks ... I'm curious too see results

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
LMAO! wrong log horrny old man!
But you never know with one of my logs:147:
You just know I am one of the few people on here you can call Old !!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m here!! Thanks for the mention!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting... care if I join. I really like ligers... and as hairygrandpa said I too suffered from anxiety and panic attacks ... I'm curious too see results
more than welcome

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First dose. 1 spray @ 10:00am.
spray bottle is first class, nice smooth mist.
I watched my Sooners play @ 11:45, not much of a stress test since they kicked TCU's arse,
I did feel a little calmer.

Second dose 1 spray @ 6:00pm went out to eat with the wifey. very relaxed and when they screwed up my order I was like everyone makes mistakes no big deal. My wife was almost done with her meal by the time I got my correct meal. I was like I'm in no hurry no big deal.
I would have usually asked for the manager. funny thing is the manager came by later and comped my meal.

So far this stuff kicks in fast and makes me more patient than I usually am. Nice chilled feeling.

I will try 2 sprays tomorrow after church. Have to work on my car tomorrow, this usually pisses me off.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First dose. 1 spray @ 10:00am.
spray bottle is first class, nice smooth mist.
I watched my Sooners play @ 11:45, not much of a stress test since they kicked TCU's arse,
I did feel a little calmer.

Second dose 1 spray @ 6:00pm went out to eat with the wifey. very relaxed and when they screwed up my order I was like everyone makes mistakes no big deal. My wife was almost done with her meal by the time I got my correct meal. I was like I'm in no hurry no big deal.
I would have usually asked for the manager. funny thing is the manager came by later and comped my meal.

So far this stuff kicks in fast and makes me more patient than I usually am. Nice chilled feeling.

I will try 2 sprays tomorrow after church. Have to work on my car tomorrow, this usually pisses me off.
We'll be able to gauge the effectiveness by the number of wrenches thrown.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3rd. Dose.
2 sprays: Changed the starter on my wife's 4x4. This was a bit easier the 2nd time.(Figured out a few things the last time) The starter I put in about 2 months ago crapped out.
My floor jack was not working and I was just kind of pissed. (it is like 20 years old) about 20 min. of Google and I found one local on sale!
so far Selank seems to chill me out a little. My wife mentioned that I seemed a little more patient.(less high strung) I told her It might be this stuff I'm logging. Don't like to tell her too much. If she researches it she always seems to find the site that everything causes cancer!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3rd. Dose.
2 sprays: Changed the starter on my wife's 4x4. This was a bit easier the 2nd time.(Figured out a few things the last time) The starter I put in about 2 months ago crapped out.
My floor jack was not working and I was just kind of pissed. (it is like 20 years old) about 20 min. of Google and I found one local on sale!
so far Selank seems to chill me out a little. My wife mentioned that I seemed a little more patient.(less high strung) I told her It might be this stuff I'm logging. Don't like to tell her too much. If she researches it she always seems to find the site that everything causes cancer!
Of course!!!

Cool on the effects so far. I get pretty damn frustrated with stuff like that too!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of course!!!

Cool on the effects so far. I get pretty damn frustrated with stuff like that too!
Yah, I'm one of those organized and pre planning guys and when things don't go as planned I get a bit bitchy.
This has gotten better as I get older. Now I try to plan and plan to stay flexible.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
3rd. Dose.
Same here! Hubby(and kids too) think everything I take is protein powder. Haha I don’t even attempt to explain anything.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
4th dose, 2 sprays. one up each nostril.
My Liger started getting a little over whelmed at work so I dosed him with 2 sprays.
Wow he told me his mind is not as foggy as it was, in like 10 seconds. much better focus.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5th dose
Did 2 spray pre workout. When I started my Hack Squats the focus was great! I was so focussed on the bolt on the ceiling that I forgot to breath properly.
Once I got my mind right the Mind to Muscle was excellent!

Problem is one of my Preworkout's was getting gummy and I think I used too much! Hard to measure when it gets like this but I don't want to pitch it.(after my leg workout I was starting to over stim and getting a little dizzy. However the leg pump was extreme and painful.
I made it through my workout but felt like crap for about 3 hrs. Didn't get to sleep till like midnight.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yah, I'm one of those organized and pre planning guys and when things don't go as planned I get a bit bitchy.
This has gotten better as I get older. Now I try to plan and plan to stay flexible.
Same here. I used to get so frustrated when things went wrong sometimes I would just walk out of the gym. Now I just work around most things. Part of why I like the system I am imposing on myself now. Not too many things nailed down. Other than the movement specific stuff like Squat, Bench and Deads the only things lined out are basically just body parts and the focus of the lift...
Same here! Hubby(and kids too) think everything I take is protein powder. Haha I don’t even attempt to explain anything.
Yep the wife told me a long time ago she didn't even want to know what was in my cupboard any more.
5th dose
Did 2 spray pre workout. When I started my Hack Squats the focus was great! I was so focussed on the bolt on the ceiling that I forgot to breath properly.
Once I got my mind right the Mind to Muscle was excellent!

Problem is one of my Preworkout's was getting gummy and I think I used too much! Hard to measure when it gets like this but I don't want to pitch it.(after my leg workout I was starting to over stim and getting a little dizzy. However the leg pump was extreme and painful.
I made it through my workout but felt like crap for about 3 hrs. Didn't get to sleep till like midnight.
Oh man, I had that overstimmed feeling. YOu just feel like hammered dog mess!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
6th dose
My Liger did 2 sprays at the gym before workout. (One of the regulars saw me and was do you have a stuffy nose? I was like no this is supposed to help my focus as well as other things. we must have talked for 15 min. about this.

Results: I noticed an excellent focus. The mind to muscle connection is great. Today is an off day from the gym.

I have a war room meeting today at work. Going to give it a try before this. Should be a good test!
Update to come.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
7th dose
2 sprays and headed to the war room meeting.
Results: My liger was much more focused and less joking around. One of the engineers commented that he didn't have anything to add when one of the engineers said "it is better if it's that long" He would usually have a comment like "that is what she said". It did cross his mind but he was to engaged on the project to say it.

So far the focus is really the strong suit with a mild calming effect.

Let's see as My liger continues to use it.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
7th dose
2 sprays and headed to the war room meeting.
Results: My liger was much more focused and less joking around. One of the engineers commented that he didn't have anything to add when one of the engineers said "it is better if it's that long" He would usually have a comment like "that is what she said". It did cross his mind but he was to engaged on the project to say it.

So far the focus is really the strong suit with a mild calming effect.

Let's see as My liger continues to use it.
Your liger is dirty minded and I'm surprised he kept that comment in, when set up so perfectly. If that doesn't show the focus ability on this, then I don't know what would

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hmmmm... impulse control is improving? Very interesting to an ADHD fella like me!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmmm... impulse control is improving? Very interesting to an ADHD fella like me!
I noticed it only lasted for about 2-3 hours. Had a quick meeting @ about 4pm yesterday and I was back to my old self.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed it only lasted for about 2-3 hours. Had a quick meeting @ about 4pm yesterday and I was back to my old self.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
8th dose
2 sprays pre workout.
All I can say is the Mind to Muscle focus was great.
Caught my Liger warming up on the hack slide and did like 20 reps slow and focused. just put on 90 lbs. and did 4 more sets the same way.He told me the pump was fantastic. He is one of those ligers that never change from his current routine. I guess he was just feeling it in the legs so well he didn't want to stop.