My Olympus Labs - The1 (Volcanic Eruption) Log :D

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
No problem bro. We are all here to gain knowledge and dominate.

The only carbs I eat is organic white rice. I throw it in a rice cooker, w/ a ton of water, and turn it on approx. an hour before I lift. Once I get home from the gym, cleaned up, the rice is nice and ready. By that time the rice is really fluffy w/ a lot of volume. Once in a while I will eat sweet/white potatoes, but I stick to the rice because it's easier to prepare and to track the macros. My body absolutely hates brown rice and oatmeal. I bloat like a water buffalo.

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Thanks dude,,
Ya I act find I bloat om oatmeal myself - love it tho :p haha. The struggles ha.

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
What's your thoughts on high G.I carbs for back-loading?? Seen a lot of guys "recommending" then in the form of tons of sugar;
Poptart
Pizza
Pancakes
Chocolate
Etc.
As somone who practices this,, what yu think??

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Day 11
Training day
3000kcals
100mg The1
8 caps Ar1macare Pro

Chest and Arms Hypertrophy

Bench -
1×8 - 110lbs
1x8 - 100lbs
1×9 - 100lbs

Incline DB press -
1x10 50lbs (went too heavy here,, wrong weight ha)
1x12 44lbs
1x12 38.5lbs

Cable flyes 3×15
30lbs
1x8 65lbs (nice pump at the end)

Preacher EZ curl
4 x10
55lbs

(Workout ended here as gym closed early ???)

Workout: Cut short today as gym closed at 4,, instead of 5. Seriously pissed as didn't get to finish my bi's & tri's or core :( :( :(. Will make it up Tuesday!!! Workout was great nonetheless. Definately getting stronger.
Also nutrient partitioning 100% working overtime. Looking nice and flat today. No bloat like the past week :)

Mood: Good aggression. Still feel a little drained like I did yesterday. Preworkout helped me through and weights wer great today so not going to complain :)

Libido: HIGH HIGH HIGH. Driving me insane to be honest as my girlfriend lives out of the country.

Sides: none ???

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
What's your thoughts on high G.I carbs for back-loading?? Seen a lot of guys "recommending" then in the form of tons of sugar;
Poptart
Pizza
Pancakes
Chocolate
Etc.
As somone who practices this,, what yu think??
John Kiefer states that you can, if you want. You just have to find out which carbs work for you. For me, I don't just due to health concerns and I try to keep my diet w/ as much unprocessed foods as possible. Now don't get me wrong, if it's a special event/holiday than I will have some "bad carbs".

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
John Kiefer states that you can, if you want. You just have to find out which carbs work for you. For me, I don't just due to health concerns and I try to keep my diet w/ as much unprocessed foods as possible. Now don't get me wrong, if it's a special event/holiday than I will have some "bad carbs".
Ok cool,, well it's nice to know that those foods can be implemented if desired. I like nutrition strategies, and nutritionists/experts that give realistic opinions :)
How do you eat on rest days then??

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
On rest days I take in zero carbs. Body does not need the carbs. I up my protein and fats instead. Now before any people jump my case and become homers, I found out this is what works for me. Keeps me lean, while building lean body mass. Plus keeps my metabolism revving and helps with insulin sensitivity

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
On rest days I take in zero carbs. Body does not need the carbs. I up my protein and fats instead. Now before any people jump my case and become homers, I found out this is what works for me. Keeps me lean, while building lean body mass. Plus keeps my metabolism revving and helps with insulin sensitivity
Interesting. I've found that high fat, low carb diets suit me, and lean me out really well. I like the idea of low carb during my rest days. Do you do this on cycle too??

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
I follow this nutrition plan all year round. Weather I'm on cycle or off. Now as always there are exceptions. Sometimes I will change it up while I'm on cycle. It all depends on how I'm feeling. If I'm feeling lethargic and run down than on off days I'll have a light carb meal in the evening. But, I've been doing this for a while, so I know how my body feels.

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Think I'll give it a go and see how I feel dude. Know I respond very well to low carb diets. And I tend to bloat quite easily on carbs ???. This extra bit of nutrient rationing might provide even more results in terms of leaness while bulking. Worth a try I'd say ? ???

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
Give it a try. But don't bail on your nutrition protocol now if it's working. Maybe try it out when you are off cycle and have the luxury to play around. Just a thought.

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
^^^^was just thinkin this.
My primary goal is putting size and lean down a bit. If I can lean dowm a lot great, of not fxxk it. I figure put on some mass for once and ride out the bulk over Christmas. Cut next year if I have to and look insane. Like I've always wanted. Only recently realised it's going to take a lot longer than I thought to get to where I want. But I'm going to enjoy the journey and soak up everything I can along the way :)

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Day 12
Rest day
2300kcals

Nothing super exciting to report today :(
Have been feeling very hot the past 2 or 3 days, especially when going to bed. Have read this occurred in other users too. Bit of a pain in the ass considering I run hot 99% of the time,, makes it difficult to sleep. Nothing major just a pain.
Not sure if I'd call this a side really??

Mood: level,, not over the moon about anything but def not bad. Long day at work with ****ty split shift and just found out my hours on Thursday might be bollox so not happy with that ???.
Mood cycle wise is still high. Just like to complain really :p ha

Libido: Driving me fxxkin crazy!!!! Feel like this guy 》?
???

Sides: aside from being hot... completely clear ???

Training 2moro and I'm super pumped!!! Gonna try smash some PR's ?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 12
Rest day
2300kcals

Nothing super exciting to report today :(
Have been feeling very hot the past 2 or 3 days, especially when going to bed. Have read this occurred in other users too. Bit of a pain in the ass considering I run hot 99% of the time,, makes it difficult to sleep. Nothing major just a pain.
Not sure if I'd call this a side really??

Mood: level,, not over the moon about anything but def not bad. Long day at work with ****ty split shift and just found out my hours on Thursday might be bollox so not happy with that ������.
Mood cycle wise is still high. Just like to complain really :p ha

Libido: Driving me fxxkin crazy!!!! Feel like this guy 》��
������

Sides: aside from being hot... completely clear ������

Training 2moro and I'm super pumped!!! Gonna try smash some PR's ��
Night sweats is pretty common for me on cycle and I always run hot as well. My wife calls me a portable heater :)

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Ha that's gas dude,, my girlfriend says I'm a hot water bottle ?? wouldn't mind but she's always super hot too,, so her touching off me when I'm hot like this is almost enough to make me get out the bed!!! Really uncomfortable :/
Still I'm no stranger to this so if this is the only "side" I experience I'll be thrilled ?

Absolutely loving this so far can't thank you enough for recommending it ?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Ha that's gas dude,, my girlfriend says I'm a hot water bottle ���� wouldn't mind but she's always super hot too,, so her touching off me when I'm hot like this is almost enough to make me get out the bed!!! Really uncomfortable :/
Still I'm no stranger to this so if this is the only "side" I experience I'll be thrilled ��

Absolutely loving this so far can't thank you enough for recommending it ��
good stuff man. What is your weight gain so far? Noticing drying out?

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Say couple lbs but just guessing will weigh myself first thing in the morning and post up. Haven't been too concerned with weight gain as I want to lean out too and have some fat to get rid of.

Also will post for today here now as it's gonna be a complete wash.

Day 13
Forced rest day
2300kcals

So woke up this morning, bent down to pick up my hoody and my back went "POP" >>> ?. ???
Just what I need as my cycle starts to kick in nicely. Had this type of strain before. Takes a couple of days to clear up unfortunately. Finding it very hard to breath and can't sit comfortably no matter how I try :/
Be interesting to see if The1 has any regeneration properties I guess. Really hope it does!!! :p

Will post later and update on injury. Hopefully be all good ???

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Small update on back injury:
Currently drugged up and feeling fine ?
Reeeeaaaally hoping by 2moro that everything is in order to at least do arms and a bit of core or some legs or something!!!! Need my 5 days this week ???
I know there's no point pushing it tho and it'll just make things worse. Hate how this is affecting my cycle tho.

On a nutrition note should I eat my rest day kcals while every day I'm off or should I eat at maintainance?? Don't want to lose size or anything but also dint want to gain fat!! Need to get rid of that ****!!!! :p

CJNator

Awards
Small update on back injury:
Currently drugged up and feeling fine ?
Reeeeaaaally hoping by 2moro that everything is in order to at least do arms and a bit of core or some legs or something!!!! Need my 5 days this week ???
I know there's no point pushing it tho and it'll just make things worse. Hate how this is affecting my cycle tho.

On a nutrition note should I eat my rest day kcals while every day I'm off or should I eat at maintainance?? Don't want to lose size or anything but also dint want to gain fat!! Need to get rid of that ****!!!! :p
IMO maintenance would be best.

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
That was my line of thinkin,, figure maintain my current size and not put on excess fat :)
I'm eating below maintainance today and will move to maintainance kcals 2moro and continue that way for every day I'm out of training,, hoping against hope that I'm able for action 2moro ???
Thanks for the input bro ?

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Find I'm swelling quite a bit with all the carbs I'm taking in ~300g raining days ~220g rest days.
I know from past experience that I work very well om hflc or carb cycling diets and jusy wondering if anyone thinks there's any benefit in swrlutching ti carb cycling for the remaineder of my cycle??
I was in it for around 3 months and loved it but after talking to people and reading a lot reviews about The1 I decided to slam the carbs in for adding mass. I've been gaining on cycle for sure. Traps and arms are bigger and people are noticing (never had big arms so this is a big deal ha)
It's day 14 2moro and second week at 100mgs.

Am I better staying with my current crab intake and let the nutrient partitioning do its thing?? Or should I switch back to carb cycling and lean out like a motherfxxker while hoping to still gain mass??

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Find I'm swelling quite a bit with all the carbs I'm taking in ~300g raining days ~220g rest days.
I know from past experience that I work very well om hflc or carb cycling diets and jusy wondering if anyone thinks there's any benefit in swrlutching ti carb cycling for the remaineder of my cycle??
I was in it for around 3 months and loved it but after talking to people and reading a lot reviews about The1 I decided to slam the carbs in for adding mass. I've been gaining on cycle for sure. Traps and arms are bigger and people are noticing (never had big arms so this is a big deal ha)
It's day 14 2moro and second week at 100mgs.

Am I better staying with my current crab intake and let the nutrient partitioning do its thing?? Or should I switch back to carb cycling and lean out like a motherfxxker while hoping to still gain mass??
If you are feeling a little fluffy carb cycling wouldn't hurt! At the same time you can pack that weight on now and deal with any excess fat after your cycle is over. Just personal preference

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Speaking as someone who uses it themselves what would you do personally??
Can't decide whether to try deal with it now then cut it out PCT,, although would I need to wait until PCT is technically over in order to preserve as much mass as possible??
Just thinkin how good I felt on carb cycling before and thinkin that + cycle = serious results ?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't decide whether to try deal with it now then cut it out PCT,, although would I need to wait until PCT is technically over in order to preserve as much mass as possible??
Just thinkin how good I felt on carb cycling before and thinkin that + cycle = serious results ��
I'm just a little guy so I try to pack on as much weight as possible on cycle. Me in your situation? I would keep doing what you're doing.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Just thinkin how good I felt on carb cycling before and thinkin that + cycle = serious results ��
i think you are overthinking it man. You are only on day 14 and you are on a steroid. Just eat, lift, and get big. Wait till post pct and see how you respond once off everything. From there you can begin cutting or recouping.

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Alrite **** it!!!! :p
Never tried to get big before and kept consistently at it. Been wanting to do this and there's no point backing out now!!!
Just gettin worried as I'm looking a lot softer than I was hoping at this stage. My shoulders and arms are looking better but my stomach looks soft and that's never been the case,, always been pretty lean. I suppose what I'm really wondering is if thus is the case with other guys sometimes too?? Before compounds kick in?? Will 100% ride it out no problem if it is,, just worried I'm gaining a lot of fat fast!!

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Appreciate everyone's input.
Never been particularly "puffy" and it's freaking me out that I'm lookin soft round the midsection now. Especially since its lookin like I'm gonna lose a whole week of training with this back strain ??? will trust the diet and compound to do their job and like TexaLifter89 said, I can always cut or recomp after PCT if I'm unhappy :)

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Day 14
Another forced rest day :/ :/ :/
Eating at maintainance today
2500kcals

Nothing exciting to report unfortunately :(

Overall thoughts this far -
Compound definately working ?
Mood - great
Libido - super high ?
Strength - increasing consistently
Vascularity - same as above
Just waiting for body composition changes to really take place
Alpha feeling -
FXXK YA!!!! ???? haha

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Appreciate everyone's input.
Never been particularly "puffy" and it's freaking me out that I'm lookin soft round the midsection now. Especially since its lookin like I'm gonna lose a whole week of training with this back strain ������ will trust the diet and compound to do their job and like TexaLifter89 said, I can always cut or recomp after PCT if I'm unhappy :)
AFTER pct. Never cut in pct or directly after pct, that's how people lose all their strength and gains. Goal of pct should be to maintain your gains and the best way to do this is to eat at your new maintenance cals. I'm sure you already know this but wanted to put it out there.

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Learned that the hard way after my first experience with PH's!!! Made good gains and cut weight for a fight during PCT and lost em all!!!! won't do that again!!
Appreciate lookin out for me tho dude,, your good people ???

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Day 15
19/11/15
Forced rest day
2500kcals
100mg The1
8 caps Ar1macare Pro

Nothing exciting to report from yesterday
Everything the same as previous days really:
Mood: positive other than being pissed I've missed a week of training :(
Sides: none
Composition: leaning out - woke up this mornin and the swelling in my midsection was gone - stomach reduced by about 2 inches!!!! Starting to feel reeeeaaaally excited about the results to come ?
Vascularity: increasing everyday ?

Loving this cycle so far and can't wait to be back in the gym!!!!

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Anyone else noticed insane hunger while cycling this?? Seen plenty of people use it solo for cutting,, can't imagine the pain of being this hungry all the time and trying to cut!!! There's some days I easily eat +3500kcals (95% clean),, and would keep going!!! This normal??

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone else noticed insane hunger while cycling this?? Seen plenty of people use it solo for cutting,, can't imagine the pain of being this hungry all the time and trying to cut!!! There's some days I easily eat +3500kcals (95% clean),, and would keep going!!! This normal??
Oh yeah, same goes for most ph/ds until your liver gets pissed off and you can hardly down 1000 calories. Not a worry on the 1 but definitely is with stronger methyls like msten, m1t, and sd

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Day 16 - 20/11/15
Training day
3000kcals
100mg The1
8 Caps Ar1macare Pro

Back in the gym today. Delighted to be back at it!!

Workout:
Chest and arms hypertrophy

Bench
1×10 - 100lbs
1x10 - 100lbs
1×10 - 100lbs

Decline press -
1x10 - 66lbs
1x10 - 66lbs
1x10 - 66lbs
1x10 - 66lbs

Cable flyes -
1x65 - 65lbs
1x8 - 50lbs
1x9 - 50lbs

Preacher EZ curl
4 x10
66lbs

Pinwheel curls
3x16 - 22lbs

Dips - bodyweight
1x12
1x10
1x12

Cable Pushdown
1x8 140lbs
1x8 140lbs
1x8 140lbs

Strength: increasing

Vascularity: increasing

Mood: positive :)

Libido: through the roof - will miss this when I'm off cycle :(

Alpha feeling - HELL YA MOTHERFXXKER!!

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Day 17 - 21/11/15
Sorry the dates been all over the place past couple days :/

Was sick today and missed the gym again :/ :/ :/

More than likely gonna be next week when I'm back in :(

Thinkin of stretching out this bottle and running an extra week (well 5 days really) to make up for days I missed. What's people's thoughts/advice on this??
Worth it??

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Day 18
Rest day

Still sick today ???

Able to eat at least,, so keeping kcals high.

Will be back in action Tuesday and hopefully smashing some new pr's!!! ???

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 17 - 21/11/15
Sorry the dates been all over the place past couple days :/

Was sick today and missed the gym again :/ :/ :/

More than likely gonna be next week when I'm back in :(

Thinkin of stretching out this bottle and running an extra week (well 5 days really) to make up for days I missed. What's people's thoughts/advice on this??
Worth it??
Make that decision. When it gets closer to the end of your run. You may want to continue, you may not. Let your body decide that one for you

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Thanks for the advice dude ? I'll decide nearer the end :)

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Day 19
Training day
100mg The1
8 caps Ar1macare Pro
3000kcals

Workout:
Upper body power

Clean & Press
1×5 35kg
4x5 30kg

Pull ups (felt weak as sh1t doing these :/)
1×8
1×8
1×7
1×6

Smith Bench
1x10 - 50kg
1×8 - 55kg
1x6 - 60kg

EZ bar curl
3x10 - 30kg

Dumbell tricep extensions
3x8 - 25kg

Felt good aside from my pull ups. Felt great on the smith bench. Not positive,, but pretty sure I set a new PR here ?
Also set new PR on clean and press ?.

Mood: positive

Libido: high as always

Vascularity: Great

Strength: increasing

Nothing new to report other than everything going great ???
Loving this cycle and feeling epic as shiiiiiit.

Highly recommend!!!

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro ☺ it's hard not to post em up on this cycle!!!! ������
Yeah, it's really amazing how good the on feeling is on the 1. Definitely jump straight out of the bed feeling like a million bucks every day!

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
^^^^^×1000!!!!
Think I might stack this with something crazy for my next cycle??
Get myself prepared and do a big bulk cycle of something strong ??? really want to make this part of it just for that feeling alone!!
Heard that D-Bol is supps sed to give a crazy good feeling on cycle too,, say the 2 together would have you on top of the world 24/7!!! And dominating it with those gainz ???

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Day 20
Rest day
2500kcals

Nothing exciting to report today other than the fact that I'm starrrrrving :/ lying in bed with my stomach rumbling like crazy. Would get up to eat only for the fact I'm exhausted and up for work in a couple of hours.... still might eat something tho.

Everything else going great.

Vascularity is the most apparent visual change (aside from being bigger ?). Have noticeable veins in my arms all day long ?.

Still no sides and feel on top of the world all day long.

Was hoping for more a body composition improvement. If anything I've lost definition in my mid section. My body fat is around the 12% mark currently,, highest it's been in a long time and the are around my abs is puffy all the time :( Thinkin of hitting a week of high fat to lean down slightly - while keeping my kcals at they're current levels to maintain size. Line of thinking is if I deplete carbs for a week or 10 days, lean down a bit - or even just reduce the swelling in my stomach - when I reintroduce carbs I'll use them more effeciently and also will be able to control the amount I take in a little better, as eating over or ~300g a day is def too much for my mid section to handle ?.

Also have been eating big for around 4 or 5 weeks now so throwing in a lower kcal might not be a bad idea to shake things up a little.

Final thoughts on this - This is still my first really thought out cycle. Any gains I maintain from this will be a huge bonus but my main hope is to learn a **** ton. About how I react to the compound and how I feel on cycle. What dietary approach works for me for the future etc.
Now is definately the time to figure all that out I'm preparation for a big pipeline cycle next year ?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't necessarily agree with your statement about how you react to this will help you anticipate what works for other compounds. Various compounds produce vastly different weight gains, bloat, etc. What's your weight gain? People grow nicely on the original version of this compound, so if this is one of your first cycles you should see a solid weight gain.

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
I guess it was a bit of a broad statement to make in that regard :/ my bad!! Total weight gain to date is 10lbs ? some of that is fat gain but my chest arms shoulders and back are noticeably bigger ???

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
My only suggestion is to stay consistent. You should stop over thinking and wanting to switch things up. Get a game plan and stick to it. I hate to see the cycle go to waste. Either stay in a calorie surplus and gain or go in a calorie deficit and lose. Whichever you pick you can do the opposite later. IMO just gain. Enjoy the holidays and being with the family. Let the compounds partition the nutrients