Muscle Pharm wants to see your rack...

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
We are going to run a little mini contest to see where everyone trains. To enter the contest all you have to do is post a picture of your gym or a piece of equipment you use. All different types of training equipment is encouraged, racks, gymnastic rings, machines, atlas stones, etc. The most hardcore pic(s) will get a muscle pharm shirt. This contest is open to all, but people outside the US will have to cover shipping charges. Here is a pic of where I do a lot of my heavy training, its the middle of winter and this place usually is so cold that the plates get frozen together...

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Pretty sweet setup! looking forward to seeing a lot more pics! I really wish i had a garage to set up a gym in :(

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
This is not so called hardcore pic. Im not "rocky" training.

This is me at my gym on the leg extension machine. LOL. funny pic.........I do these after i torture my legs with an hour of squats.

Damn i want a shirt BAD! That picture sucks, its not big enough. Heading to gym now. I will see if i can figure out how to resize it later.

Attachments

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
some of the best workouts of my life...:naughty:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
This is not so called hardcore pic. Im not "rocky" training.

This is me at my gym on the leg extension machine. LOL. funny pic.........I do these after i torture my legs with an hour of squats.

Damn i want a shirt BAD! That picture sucks, its not big enough. Heading to gym now. I will see if i can figure out how to resize it later.
PM me your address and I will send you a shirt.

BuddyBuilder

BuddyBuilder

Awards
Dont know if that worked, im not too good with posting pics lol

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pmiller, nice setup! I really like the reverse hyper...on my wish list!!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I wish all that stuff was mine guys, but it is just where I train. The owners of the gym are actually a couple that have trained at Westside and both have elite totals. The wife is sponsored by Elite and is a strength and conditioning coach at the University of Buffalo. Some of the bars we have are straight out of Westside, the rack was from the University, the GHR and Hyper are both from Elite. I will have to get a pic up of my basement setup which is just a hyper, barbell, foam roller, and ab wheel. I am actually hoping to get some strongman stuff this spring and set up a little something for that.
Sorry for the rant, I just love my gym.....

Keep the pics coming guys, let see where everyone GFH

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established

wow... that pic almost reminds me of the gym I used at Wittenberg University in Springfield Ohio back in 1990-1991. I think they have updated it since then, but your pics looks very similar.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
no digital camera to take pictures with, maybe i can steal my girls, the gym i train at is pretty impressive imo, i never wanted to train at the place because of the roid heads but i moved closer to it and it's the cheapest in the area

i do have a question...does anyone buy into getting better workouts in run down gyms? the gym i go to is all nice and has good lights but i've heard ppl talking about training better at another local gym thats called the mines because it's all cement walls and dim lighting in the basement of a building..but they just transformed that place into a bar haha

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Need help loading my image??

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
no digital camera to take pictures with, maybe i can steal my girls, the gym i train at is pretty impressive imo, i never wanted to train at the place because of the roid heads but i moved closer to it and it's the cheapest in the area

i do have a question...does anyone buy into getting better workouts in run down gyms? the gym i go to is all nice and has good lights but i've heard ppl talking about training better at another local gym thats called the mines because it's all cement walls and dim lighting in the basement of a building..but they just transformed that place into a bar haha
I don't think its the gym that makes the difference, but more the atmosphere that the people create there. Think about how at your normal commercial gym you have a ton of people just dicking around, but at a place that may not be as pleasing to the eye or have nice equipment you have the dedicated people that just need a bar and some weight to tear it up. All the most intense gyms and lifting teams could make progress where ever you stick them not because of the equipment, but because of the members of that team....

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Bump!

What do all you guys train at a yoga studio or something, there is not one lifter at this forum that trains at a respectable place outside of the couple that were already posted.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah, I work out at LA Fitness with a bunch of yuppies...wouldn't make for a great pic:hammer:

there's prob a total of 10 members there that truly workout.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
well my on base gym is not really hardcore its just like a golds.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is the closet I use to get it done in. I have a power rack with lat attachment for upper and lower pulls. Chin up bars are on the front and I have attachable dip bars also. You can also see my old school free weight lying ham machine on the right. Bottom left is my power block set and you can't see the seated calf machine to the left of those. I have 2 adjustable benches and you can see my standing calf block and preacher attachment in the back left corner. It's tight but efficient!!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Loose the squat pad and we might have something there AZMIDLYF. JK buddy.

Once we get a couple more up I will pick some winner(s), thanks to everyone that has participated already.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now why you gotta bust up a brotha on his bar pad???j/k

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
yeah, I work out at LA Fitness with a bunch of yuppies...wouldn't make for a great pic:hammer:

there's prob a total of 10 members there that truly workout.
Yeah, me too. LA Fitness - they just opened a new location here in Portland. The old one was an old Gold's Gym but I liked it better than the new fancy crap they have at the new one.

I agree. Probably 10 other people that actually weight train. I go in the evenings and I swear that there is only one other guy and and a girl that I have ever seen do squats there. Ever, no joke.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Here is my "Gym" not much, but I'm getting really quality workouts out of it. I gave up my yuppie gym membership when I severely injured my rotator cuff. I bought the Iron Woody "Masters" package because it has a good variance in resistance.

Also in the pic are my Perfect Pushup handles (got for Xmas, they make pushups pretty challenging), and THE MOST important piece of equipment I have: A 2ft section of 1" PVC. I can recreate most barbell exercises with this, including nearly everything I so. Also note my "door jam" of made from a pair of figure 8 dl straps and a padlock! I'm going to get a 4-5 ft section of larger diameter PVC to do Squats with soon. I also plan on building a platform similar to the one below for squats, dl's, etc...

I'd love a 2xl ;)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Are the solid colored bands Iron woody ones too? I have one of the light bands from them but its the white rubber with a purple strip on it, and the damn strip rips more and more each time I use them.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Are the solid colored bands Iron woody ones too? I have one of the light bands from them but its the white rubber with a purple strip on it, and the damn strip rips more and more each time I use them.
They're all Iron Woody's. I think they started going to the solids, but still had a few holdover striped ones. I haven't had any real problems with them yet, but they are supposed to be warrantied I think.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established

This is my gym, they pretty much have everything I need here, and there really are only serious guys here. There is a gym that is right down the street from my house, but it is ultra yuppie, so I choose to drive about 10 minutes further to go here. My gym is also a little cheaper.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Another day or two guys, Im hoping for a couple more pics...

SDNewbie93

SDNewbie93

Awards
Here are a few generic pics of the gym i work out in everyday... didnt get the benchs or the dumb bell sections... they also have alot of jammer equipment... also have 2 squat racks... There are alot of guys that are commited and i see each and every day... they are also really willing to help a guy out for spots and what not...

Attachments

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Not to many people prefer the tred mills at your gym huh lol

SDNewbie93

SDNewbie93

Awards
hahhaha lol ya it was a weekend... no one ever come in on sundays... :) lol... hahah

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
winner!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want that Gym!!! Luuuckyyy(Napoleon Dynamite)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
yup pitbull takes the cake, pm me your info.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Dunno if this contest is over yet, but I figured I'd show you the gym I worked out in for awhile. A little background...the second picture is our pulleys, I get creative with them. Our gym is a tent with random weights we scrounged up. The floor is made up of metal pallets, but has cracks in between where you can see the sand. It has no heater, so it gets cold at night(it's in Northern Iraq)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
AMtorres, the contest is over but give me a PM when you get back in April and we will get you something. I like how everything is pretty beat to hell looking, but then there is an awesome looking 45* back raise in there.

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
AM, what's up? That is one nice-looking gym. I always thought you had 2 dumbbells and a cement-block bench:biglaugh:

Good work setting that up. Keep it up!

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
AMtorres, the contest is over but give me a PM when you get back in April and we will get you something. I like how everything is pretty beat to hell looking, but then there is an awesome looking 45* back raise in there.
Thx bro, I definitely will! Haha, I thought that was a little weird too!