MK-677

migseattle

Awards
Who here has done bloods to check on IGF levels? I've been on MK for 2 months now. Sadly I don't have a baseline level from before starting, but one month in I did bloods and IGF-1 came back at 197. Fast forward another month, I'm at 246, which was flagged as high by the lab (range being 67-205). Been running at 20mg/day.

Anybody else got data to share?

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
Who here has done bloods to check on IGF levels? I've been on MK for 2 months now. Sadly I don't have a baseline level from before starting, but one month in I did bloods and IGF-1 came back at 197. Fast forward another month, I'm at 246, which was flagged as high by the lab (range being 67-205). Been running at 20mg/day.

Anybody else got data to share?
Darn I forget off the top of my head. I mention it in the thread I posted about MK, No BS the Straight Scoop but I dont recall off the top of my head. Ill check tomorrow and post my bloods for you.

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
Thanks! Interesting. I'll keep doing bloods regularly to see how IGF trends over time. How long have you been running it?
Bloods were at 6 and 10 weeks or 6 and 11 weeks, something like that. Been about 15-16 weeks now.
Actually it would be interesting to get another round of bloods, perhaps I will soon. See if effects diminish and what not.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bloods were at 6 and 10 weeks or 6 and 11 weeks, something like that. Been about 15-16 weeks now.
Actually it would be interesting to get another round of bloods, perhaps I will soon. See if effects diminish and what not.
Man I wish I had gotten bloods done on my run! Would have liked to seen those.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I've been running this for about 7 weeks. I started about a week prior to a 4 week PCT coming off a Rad / Osta cycle. I am very pleased with the results so far – I'm taking 12.5 MGs every day and have had continued gains and body composition throughout. After the first week I've had so sides at all except some muscle cramping.

One thing that I need to tell you about – is that during my first week starting this at the end of my Sarms cycle – I started getting pain and itchiness in my left nipple. I thought that this may have been from the Osta - but I'm still having some symptoms – and from what I'm reading – the MK may increase prolactin which could cause this. I'm getting bloods done next week to confirm if my E2, test and prolactin are out of range or not – but has anyone else experienced this? I have no other gyno symptoms (no lump or puffiness - and it's only on one side) so am I just overreacting or could this be something early signs of Gyno?

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
I've been running this for about 7 weeks. I started about a week prior to a 4 week PCT coming off a Rad / Osta cycle. I am very pleased with the results so far – I'm taking 12.5 MGs every day and have had continued gains and body composition throughout. After the first week I've had so sides at all except some muscle cramping.

One thing that I need to tell you about – is that during my first week starting this at the end of my Sarms cycle – I started getting pain and itchiness in my left nipple. I thought that this may have been from the Osta - but I'm still having some symptoms – and from what I'm reading – the MK may increase prolactin which could cause this. I'm getting bloods done next week to confirm if my E2, test and prolactin are out of range or not – but has anyone else experienced this? I have no other gyno symptoms (no lump or puffiness - and it's only on one side) so am I just overreacting or could this be something early signs of Gyno?
My knee jerk reaction is to say no way BUT perhaps that would be hasty. The hormonal system balance is a delicate one and perhaps the increase in PRL combined with a slight elevation in estrogen is causing this. It COULD be an early warning sign. Gyno, however, is a lump, not itchyness or tenderness. Those, however, can be precursor symptoms. Is blood work a possibility?

Dirty Duke

Dirty Duke

Awards

If you're worried an L-dopa supplement and some Vitamin B6 should help mitigate the symptoms to some degree.

Dirty Duke

Dirty Duke

Awards
I've just started adding the 86mg of Aspirin today, I'll report back in a few days to see if it offsets any water bloat for me.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
My knee jerk reaction is to say no way BUT perhaps that would be hasty. The hormonal system balance is a delicate one and perhaps the increase in PRL combined with a slight elevation in estrogen is causing this. It COULD be an early warning sign. Gyno, however, is a lump, not itchyness or tenderness. Those, however, can be precursor symptoms. Is blood work a possibility?
Thanks – I plan to run full bloods now that I am a few weeks out of PCT to see how things ended up. I only noticed this symptom during the 10th week of a Rad/Osta cycle when I introduced MK to prep for PCT. When I was running the Nolvadex, it seem to have subsided – however now that I'm off, I get that sensation every other day or so and the only thing I'm running now is the MK. It could be coincidental – the feeling was very profound during week 10 of a 12 week cycle – which is why I cut it short and immediately jumped on the Nolvadex.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I've read in the FAQ regarding MK-677 one would only need take 86mg of aspirin per day to offset water retention.

Also, to this point in the thread I haven't yet read anyone address the suggested 5 days on 2 days off. Thoughts?
As for the water retention – very early in my Sarms cycle I added MK for some extra healing power – and had a lot of bloat so I discontinued it until PCT. Now that I'm running it solo – I have had no water retention issues at all – but I am also taking some potassium and magnesium supplements just to be sure – as this also helps with some of the muscle cramping, which is another side effect.

Regarding the five days on and two days off – I have seen sevseveral logs people running it this way successfully – but I don't really see the point. There should be no desensitization from the product, even running up to a year – according to some of the studies I've read.

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
As for the water retention – very early in my Sarms cycle I added MK for some extra healing power – and had a lot of bloat so I discontinued it until PCT. Now that I'm running it solo – I have had no water retention issues at all – but I am also taking some potassium and magnesium supplements just to be sure – as this also helps with some of the muscle cramping, which is another side effect.

Regarding the five days on and two days off – I have seen sevseveral logs people running it this way successfully – but I don't really see the point. There should be no desensitization from the product, even running up to a year – according to some of the studies I've read.
Its not really about desensitization. In fact in that regard it would be a build up of GHIH (growth hormone inhibiting hormone) that would reduce effectiveness. Its about reducing the increase in undesirable hormones such as, for example, GHIH, Cortisol, and Prolactin. Now perhaps not everyone is adversely effected by this so it isnt necessary (ie your experience), however many seem to be so thats why i do 5on/2off and why i recommend it as well.
Different Strokes.....

migseattle

Awards
Its not really about desensitization. In fact in that regard it would be a build up of GHIH (growth hormone inhibiting hormone) that would reduce effectiveness. Its about reducing the increase in undesirable hormones such as, for example, GHIH, Cortisol, and Prolactin. Now perhaps not everyone is adversely effected by this so it isnt necessary (ie your experience), however many seem to be so thats why i do 5on/2off and why i recommend it as well.
Different Strokes.....
I read that the increase in prolactin is temporary and after a week or so it returns to baseline by itself. I included prolactin in my latest bloods after running MK for 2 months and it came back at 9.2 -- well within range (4.0-15.2).

The only side I'm experiencing is very slight bloat which I notice mainly in my feet and ankles. Shoes feel tighter and socks leave marks :) I hope it subsides soon. I've dialed back my dose from 20mg to 15mg this week to see if it helps.

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
I read that the increase in prolactin is temporary and after a week or so it returns to baseline by itself. I included prolactin in my latest bloods after running MK for 2 months and it came back at 9.2 -- well within range (4.0-15.2).

The only side I'm experiencing is very slight bloat which I notice mainly in my feet and ankles. Shoes feel tighter and socks leave marks :) I hope it subsides soon. I've dialed back my dose from 20mg to 15mg this week to see if it helps.
Low dose enteric aspirin daily = no bloat....

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
Thanks, I'll look into that. What would be the dose? Should it be taken for as long as you're on the MK?
82mg, they sell it at all pharmacies and even at the dollar store. Its the same low dose people that are on daily aspirin regiments for cardiovascular protection take so its an easy find. Dont try to split up a normal 325mg aspirin - its way to easy to find the 82mg to do that!! The 82 mg is enteric which means it isnt digested till it passes the stomach so it doesnt upset the stomach.

migseattle

Awards
82mg, they sell it at all pharmacies and even at the dollar store. Its the same low dose people that are on daily aspirin regiments for cardiovascular protection take so its an easy find. Dont try to split up a normal 325mg aspirin - its way to easy to find the 82mg to do that!! The 82 mg is enteric which means it isnt digested till it passes the stomach so it doesnt upset the stomach.
Appreciate the details! Should it be taken until the bloating subsides or for the duration of the cycle?

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Keep the dose at 15mg and see how you go. Decreasing the dose made a big difference for me. Why take aspirin if you don't need to. you can up the dose again down the track

migseattle

Awards
Keep the dose at 15mg and see how you go. Decreasing the dose made a big difference for me. Why take aspirin if you don't need to. you can up the dose again down the track
Thanks, man. The bloating is definitely less pronounced today after a few days at 15mg. I'll see how things evolve.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Mk dosed at 25mg the first days made me nervous or uneasy and I couldn't sleep well. I went down to 12.5mg and the sides went away. I'm back up to 25mg near 2 weeks in and the initial sides I had starting at 25mg have not since returned. We're all guinea pigs here. I'd like to get bloods done a couple months down the track. I don't have base levels to compare but having supranatural IGF levels would help convince me I have a legit product.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Started yesterday with 10mg and the hungry was insane only some hours after from the first dose.

Same thing happened last time i took MK677 and it´s one of the things i most like about it.

Today i noticed some strange thing i don´t know if it´s related with MK677 or not. I noticed a kind of calluses in some of my fingers. I don´t remember do anything that could cause them (i always train with gloves) and honestly i don´t know if this only showed up yesterday but i think so. They aren´t really calluses but a kind of "broken" skin. There are patches of what it looks new skin.

Theres any chance of being MK677 working so fast?

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stopped reading after "I always train with gloves"
Might wanna use more lube when giving bf handjobs? Just a thought

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Although i've never used gloves or will, tell that to the GOAT Coleman.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you should stop for a while to think about the reasons why someone can train with gloves...

If you feel comfortable messing up with all the other people´s sweat and germes, i don´t care, but i do... particularly on a oldschool gym where a good clean is rarest than an unicorn.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe you should stop for a while to think about the reasons why someone can train with gloves...

If you feel comfortable messing up with all the other people´s sweat and germes, i don´t care, but i do... particularly on a oldschool gym where a good clean is rarest than an unicorn.
Its called an immune system, and it just so happens the more germs you expose it to, the better it works. Plus sweat isnt as gross as people think it is. Sure if it sat there for a few weeks it develops some very very bad bacteria. However almost every gym is cleaned once daily. And as for the bacteria/"germs" contianed within fresh sweat is almost nonexistent.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm the noob, and still feel the need to say. "Get back on track with the discussion". It's about MK-677,

(Smart aleck comment finisher)
not bacteria or other how much bacteria has accumulated in those gloves and is being passed on to the equipment just cleaned.

(Seriously)
I think the MK-677 is working as it should be. The new skin is just a sign, and I think your prognosis looks pretty good!

(Immune System)
Exposure to various bacteria and germs in a weekend state (Theirs) helps one fight them and build your system of defense. It's the entire reasoning behind my disdain for abusing antibiotics, producing strains of immune bacteria.

Every so often, I'm the guy who will see someone drop food on the ground next to me, pick it up and eat it. Yep. Still here.

--
(Constructive)
However, I do respect those with the need to not touch other people's bodily fluids, my gym has dispensers around the room with disinfectant wipes you can use to clean up after yourself. Why not suggest this to the gym's management? It wouldn't cost them too much more to pass on to the members. How much more could it be for some peace of mind?

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Mk dosed at 25mg the first days made me nervous or uneasy and I couldn't sleep well. I went down to 12.5mg and the sides went away. I'm back up to 25mg near 2 weeks in and the initial sides I had starting at 25mg have not since returned. We're all guinea pigs here. I'd like to get bloods done a couple months down the track. I don't have base levels to compare but having supranatural IGF levels would help convince me I have a legit product.
I started at 25mg but stopped it after 2 weeks due to the bloating, cramping and lethargy. I picked it back up in PCT at 12.5 mg and have been running it for 2 months with no issues.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Well about that specific gym hygiene i´ll talk later... But i couldn´t hold a smile when i´ve read the suggestion about the dispensers around the room... Most of the times we don´t even have soap or towels in the bathroom to wash the hands...

I´m still having the issue in my fingers and i really don´t know why. It started with the take of MK677 but last time i took it i think i didn´t noticed it. Does anyone else have this side effect or knows what´s happening? New skin? Some reaction to something else?

IMG_7142.jpg

IMG_7143.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I get that all the time!

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
No idea what's going on with your skin peeling either but if it is a bacterial cause I'd venture to say lifting gloves are a step backwards in terms of hygiene unless you're using disposable latex gloves? In the former moisture + bacteria is the combination for disaster. Anything that gets in contact with the outside of your gloves is going to find it's way inside your gloves and breed. Same reason people develop foot disease and smelly shoes wearing closed shoes. Open shoes or bare feet for a while is often the cure. Training skin on steel and giving your hands a good rinse before you leave is much more hygienic than taking gloves coated in bacteria back home with you.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well about that specific gym hygiene i´ll talk later... But i couldn´t hold a smile when i´ve read the suggestion about the dispensers around the room... Most of the times we don´t even have soap or towels in the bathroom to wash the hands...

I´m still having the issue in my fingers and i really don´t know why. It started with the take of MK677 but last time i took it i think i didn´t noticed it. Does anyone else have this side effect or knows what´s happening? New skin? Some reaction to something else?

View attachment 139693

View attachment 139694
Looks psoriasis mate. I get it on both hands, and while no one actually knows the causes or preventions, I have noticed it is highly correlated with my intake of complex carbs.

Less carbs = less psoriasis

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone notice a big difference between 10mg/20mg/30mg? Sorry if it's been asked before.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone notice a big difference between 10mg/20mg/30mg? Sorry if it's been asked before.
When looking at data, significant difference between 10 and 25mg but no significant difference from 25 to 50mg in IGF-1 levels.

flexathron

Awards
are there any benefits increasing protein intake during mk-677 cycle ?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks psoriasis mate. I get it on both hands, and while no one actually knows the causes or preventions, I have noticed it is highly correlated with my intake of complex carbs.

Less carbs = less psoriasis
Absolutely.
Wheat is a psoriasis enhancers.
But the key for me was moisturizers every time I wash my hands.
I'm constantly washing my hands and if I don't put a quality lotion on right away before they dry I get tore up.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Absolutely.
Wheat is a psoriasis enhancers.
But the key for me was moisturizers every time I wash my hands.
I'm constantly washing my hands and if I don't put a quality lotion on right away before they dry I get tore up.
I had it really bad a few years back, before i knew what it was. Pawpaw ountment really helped.

Interestingly, ive been taking mk for about 2 weeks now and all sihns of psoriasis on my hands have disappeared.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

View attachment 139693

View attachment 139694
I find it silly that people would suggest you change your method of lifting.

Funny thing is that when people mention not wearing gloves helps you build a stronger immune system they forget

1. Blood. People bleed on equipment unknowingly. And you may develop cuts at the gym unknowingly. Want to come in contact with someone's blood with an small cut on your hand? Nah!

2. The amount of time you spend in a gym wearing gloves isnt going to hurt your immune system especially when its 2hrs at most verses the 8hrs you spend at work around hundreds of people or the countless hrs around your kids, wife, significant other whom bring all types of germs in with them.

3. Some people have phobias. If it calms the phobia so be it.

4. What type of gym are some people using that has readily paper towels, disinfectant, and gets cleaned everday? Sounds like planet fitness to me...

Im 25 years strong in some gym somewhere and ive used gloves damn near every day and neither a single immune system issue..lol

But fk all that. From what ive asked and heard (response) and read, mk so far has correlated right along with what my initial thoughts have been from examination of several papers, not really worth it unless its ran 12 months straight.

It seems all the initial reaction are just "applicable" side effects. I think where it will shine most is from 1-2 years of use.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4. What type of gym are some people using that has readily paper towels, disinfectant, and gets cleaned everday? Sounds like planet fitness to me...
Every gym I've ever been, including gold's gym. The reason being in ALOT of states it's a safety regulation and is required by law!

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Every gym I've ever been, including gold's gym. The reason being in ALOT of states it's a safety regulation and is required by law!
Sorry its not an attack but a factual statement.
Required by law? You are pulling my d!@k? Are you trying to f@! K with me? Or are you being serious? The health department isn't camping out in gyms across the USA.

Ive been hitting the scene since 1994. Seen gyms from Texas to NY to Miami and you would be lucky to find any of that readily available. Sure the popular ones will be!

I can take my phone and travel to 10 gyms within a 80 mile radius this week and video each. I will bet both my testicles that MAYBE 2 will have all of which I mentioned. I know because ive been in them. Hell the two right near me do not even keep toilet paper readily available. Sure if you go at 5am but by 830 its gone. Ive seen shiiiiiiiity face towels in the can due to no paper.
Im serious. Start going to various states and you will find unless it's a well known brand (golds), the upkeep is poor at best.

But damn all that, do what you like.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
My gym cleans everything on a daily basis. We wipe all the equipment and weights, sweep, mop, re-rack, keep the bathrooms spotless, never have a broken machine for more than a week or two before its fixed, keep TP, paper towels, sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer all stocked and good to go. We're also 24 hours, rent shower towels, sweat towels, and locks.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
My gym cleans everything on a daily basis. We wipe all the equipment and weights, sweep, mop, re-rack, keep the bathrooms spotless, never have a broken machine for more than a week or two before its fixed, keep TP, paper towels, sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer all stocked and good to go. We're also 24 hours, rent shower towels, sweat towels, and locks.
Ive never been to one that does half of that. Rent shower towels? I wish...
There is one that does that which I have never been to but I know what they offer. Its about 1hr from me but costs 110.00 per month.

But currently I am in the process of building a new house out of town and I am building a 36x36 gym area, fully equipped. So I wont have to really care who does what.

The real question is has anyone in this thread or that anyone knows been on mk for at least a year or more?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Ive never been to one that does half of that. Rent shower towels? I wish...
There is one that does that which I have never been to but I know what they offer. Its about 1hr from me but costs 110.00 per month.

But currently I am in the process of building a new house out of town and I am building a 36x36 gym area, fully equipped. So I wont have to really care who does what.

The real question is has anyone in this thread or that anyone knows been on mk for at least a year or more?
I have been on it for about 11 months so far, so not quite a year but getting close.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I have been on it for about 11 months so far, so not quite a year but getting close.
Any significant difference between month one and now?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Any significant difference between month one and now?
Nothing crazy, and I've used so much other stuff over the past year it's hard to attribute changes to just one compound or product.
I will say I look damn better now than I did a year ago, and at around the same body weight.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Guys , at 180lbs what daily dose should I be taking, and when is best to dose it?

Ideally less lethary and bloat would be great

Thanks