Unanswered Matthersby log: Old man on a mission

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m plagued by bad lighting pictures, very small improvements, and really struggling to improve in this strength phase. Overall I’m burnt out and frustrated but moving forward as best I can. Legs seem to be coming along but the lighting is such shyt in the time and area I do them on Thursday mornings it’s hard to even see.
IMG_1011.JPG

I am impatient and really busting my ass here.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m plagued by bad lighting pictures, very small improvements, and really struggling to improve in this strength phase. Overall I’m burnt out and frustrated but moving forward as best I can. Legs seem to be coming along but the lighting is such shyt in the time and area I do them on Thursday mornings it’s hard to even see.
View attachment 188165
I am impatient and really busting my ass here.
You might be getting frustrated and not see the progress but it’s clear in every update you are making it. Keep after it

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You might be getting frustrated and not see the progress but it’s clear in every update you are making it. Keep after it
This. You put in the work, the food, rest, supps and after that it just takes time for the recovery cycles to accrue.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate you guys. I’m doing this regardless I just want to do the best I possibly can and almost every week I’ve overdone it making me think maybe I should dial it back. but I’m going to just keep moving forward and if get burnt out, take an extra day off.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate you guys. I’m going this regardless I just want to do the best I possibly can and almost every week I’ve overdone it making me think maybe I should dial it back. but I’m going to just keep moving forward and if get burnt out, take an extra day off.
What do you mean overdo it? Like a couple extra sets of facepulls, or actual extra compound lifts? Big difference in recovery demands between sneaking extra sets with the hundos on incline Db press vs throwing some calf raises & crunches in.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What do you mean overdo it? Like a couple extra sets of facepulls, or actual extra compound lifts? Big difference in recovery demands between sneaking extra sets with the hundos on incline Db press vs throwing some calf raises & crunches in.
I have to switch some days around and sometimes train 4+ days in a row. Every time I’ve done it, I burn out and appetite goes to **** and I can barely stay awake so I end up taking a second day off.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have to switch some days around and sometimes train 4+ days in a row. Every time I’ve done it, I burn out and appetite goes to **** and I can barely stay awake so I end up taking a second day off.
As long as total weekly volume isn’t really changed and total calories and protein are fairly on the mark I wouldn’t sweat it.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As long as total weekly volume isn’t really changed and total calories and protein are fairly on the mark I wouldn’t sweat it.
I’m gonna get labs done. Maybe too much AI? I don’t know but one day a week sometimes every other week I am wrecked - and I train no matter how tired I am, but when I say wrecked I don’t want to train, can’t eat, want to sleep all day, etc

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m gonna get labs done. Maybe too much AI? I don’t know but one day a week sometimes every other week I am wrecked - and I train no matter how tired I am, but when I say wrecked I don’t want to train, can’t eat, want to sleep all day, etc
So once a week you feel like I do every single day lol

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Definitely get estrogen checked, but how is your weight? Maybe I missed it but is it steady, declining, or increasing? I know your coach has his plan, but it may not be enough calories to keep up.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve followed your progress bro, and you have made awesome improvements and your definitely shredded. I wouldn’t get discouraged, because you have a good coach, obviously.
I’m older and know how a good tough program and proper diet can catch up with us, and it’s ok to take a couple extra days rest. I always seem to come back rejuvenated and stronger. You know your stuff and how you react, sometimes we just have to listen to our bodies.
I like what Hyde said about total volume, protein, and calories....it always seems to even out.
Your killing it man, just keep at it you gonna reach your goals.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Weird but when i crashed my estrogen even though i would fall asleep in my car right after parking or even on a tram, once i got to the gym i was fine...but i sure as hell made next to no gains during period of crashed estro.

Imho overuse of ai is one of the worst things to do on a mass cycle.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weird but when i crashed my estrogen even though i would fall asleep in my car right after parking or even on a tram, once i got to the gym i was fine...but i sure as hell made next to no gains during period of crashed estro.

Imho overuse of ai is one of the worst things to do on a mass cycle.
Almost as bad as draining all of your blood on cycle?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Could be, bro.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve followed your progress bro, and you have made awesome improvements and your definitely shredded. I wouldn’t get discouraged, because you have a good coach, obviously.
I’m older and know how a good tough program and proper diet can catch up with us, and it’s ok to take a couple extra days rest. I always seem to come back rejuvenated and stronger. You know your stuff and how you react, sometimes we just have to listen to our bodies.
I like what Hyde said about total volume, protein, and calories....it always seems to even out.
Your killing it man, just keep at it you gonna reach your goals.
This makes sense. I can’t do what I used to at this point. I’m gonna have to be ok with an extra day when I need it.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
From what I have gauged, you’re an all out type of guy. This resonates with me as I used to train balls to the walls. My guess is your CNS is overloaded and is begging for recovery. Cliche, but gains come in recovery. If estro doesn’t give you any insight, look into a HRV monitor to judge recovery. (Smart NFL teams use this tech to judge if they should train or not)
In layman’s terms, if you’re not recovered and in a place to train, you’re not being productive.

Focus on volume at a low intensity and see if you feel better

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This makes sense. I can’t do what I used to at this point. I’m gonna have to be ok with an extra day when I need it.
Something I picked up from some of Paul Carter’s older work was that everyone has those 10% days where you are either extra weak or extra strong in the gym - you can throw those days out of the equation for longterm progress, because having a killer or bad day here and there doesn’t ultimately matter. It’s the other 80% of your days spent putting in the work, getting the training done, that really accurately will account for your progress.

Same for diet. If you are trying to get leaner and on a regiment Mon-Fri perfect, but then overdo it with pizza, beer, wings on the weekends, you aren’t going to be in a deficit and won’t lose weight.

The average of your level of work, your consistency, is what matters for results.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I decided to take the weekend off in addition to Thursday when I posted an update. It was probably a great idea, and I ended up going Sunday dying to get back to it. Great workout, I was hungry and pushing more than anytime the last month. I didn’t want to leave. Everything is due to be trained so I just did chest/arms so I’d be forced to train legs tomorrow. I needed a quick break from everything.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I decided to take the weekend off in addition to Thursday when I posted an update. It was probably a great idea, and I ended up going Sunday dying to get back to it. Great workout, I was hungry and pushing more than anytime the last month. I didn’t want to leave. Everything is due to be trained so I just did chest/arms so I’d be forced to train legs tomorrow. I needed a quick break from everything.
One step back, 3 steps forward!

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just out of interest...why are you using loads of ai alongside nolva and ralox? Serms will take care of gyno anyway.

why not reap the benefits of elevated estrogen on a mass cycle?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just out of interest...why are you using loads of ai alongside nolva and ralox? Serms will take care of gyno anyway.

why not reap the benefits of elevated estrogen on a mass cycle?
Boobs. I’m barely keeping them at bay with all that. A gram of gear is very hard for me to keep gyno away.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Boobs. I’m barely keeping them at bay with all that. A gram of gear is very hard for me to keep gyno away.
Weird that you need ai with serms. Usually serms take care of issues.

i personally started my first test cycle with 12.5mg asin eod, just to be sure but i was an idiot to take drug without needing it. Decided to ditch it after few pins and gains exploded 😀

But of course that you need to take it if you have gyno issues. Not like you would be taking it if there was no need.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Legs are now realy coming to place, and responding well to constant stimulus! I'm happy that you made that improvement with bad knees. Also, upper back and back overall sems more dense and meaty!

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Definitely putting on some quality size. Do you deadlift a lot? I have a similar body type and have a hard time putting on mass on my legs but stiff leg deadlifts has really helped with size. Also Bulgarian split squat drop sets.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think a SERM and AI makes sense, but why Nolva with the Ralox? Unless it’s just cheaper to stack them than up the Ralox dose, but Ralox definitely works better between the two.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think a SERM and AI makes sense, but why Nolva with the Ralox? Unless it’s just cheaper to stack them than up the Ralox dose, but Ralox definitely works better between the two.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Weird that you need ai with serms. Usually serms take care of issues.

i personally started my first test cycle with 12.5mg asin eod, just to be sure but i was an idiot to take drug without needing it. Decided to ditch it after few pins and gains exploded

But of course that you need to take it if you have gyno issues. Not like you would be taking it if there was no need.
Serm only blocks at the receptor site. So nolva can keep breast tissue from growing but does not effect estrogen levels in the body. Sometimes lowering estrogen overall to a preferred level - you will still have enough estro at the breast tissue to form gyno. Using ai with a serm like nolva or ralox can be very helpful.

But I feel bad for you that your needing both seems. Glad it's working but that's gotta be expensive! I need to switch to ralox but still haven't just because it's so much pricier than nolva.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes. Just stacked hoping it would be more effective than just doubling ralox. Plus this company has let me down recently so I’m taking both hoping one at least isn’t massively underdosed.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good progress. What is the date of your target. Competition?
I think March 22nd. What my coach was able to do for his comp has really put my mind at ease. He completely grew into his show. He has some impressive tricks up his sleeve in this department. And he may want to push to the April show depending on how the holidays go.
I’m just going to follow every set, every meal, every drug to the letter so I can get the most out of this.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Serm only blocks at the receptor site. So nolva can keep breast tissue from growing but does not effect estrogen levels in the body. Sometimes lowering estrogen overall to a preferred level - you will still have enough estro at the breast tissue to form gyno. Using ai with a serm like nolva or ralox can be very helpful.

But I feel bad for you that your needing both seems. Glad it's working but that's gotta be expensive! I need to switch to ralox but still haven't just because it's so much pricier than nolva.
With Trest, it’s magical. Probably twice as effective as nolva. I’ll always be very gyno prone even now at somewhat lower bf%

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely putting on some quality size. Do you deadlift a lot? I have a similar body type and have a hard time putting on mass on my legs but stiff leg deadlifts has really helped with size. Also Bulgarian split squat drop sets.
Yes. He has done them heavily on every training phase. Currently I do them first and a few other exercises for hams and then move to quad movements so they take the brunt of the stimulus.
I don’t know if this is good, but I’ve got myself up to 335x8 on SDL. Shyt lights me up.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
You ever think about just getting surgery and getting the gland removed?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You ever think about just getting surgery and getting the gland removed?
It’s a headache managing this but 5-10k has so many other nice things for me. A lift for my 4Runner, an engagement ring, a trip to Italy. Maybe if my income goes way up. But I think also after this comp it’s just going to be TRT and an occasional cutting drug. No more Dbol Trest NPP and the others. But we shall see.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I found a good plastic surgeon who will do it for 3k...I'm considering it

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Or maybe just try to get my insurance to cover it...but then I dont know if I will trust the surgeon to not cause my chest to look deformed

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Yup gland and tissue/liposuction

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i would say thats a good set on SLDL. do you do that with straps belts ect? or raw