Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update:
229.7 today! Now we are talking, my body is loving 430g carbs plus a big refeed. Been hungry as hell lately and his training is a little nuts. My chest, shoulders and back are trashed from all the volume. Instant size increase in my rear delts and chest. Today is the 1.5 hour leg day.
IMG_0707.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Legs and back width are going to be the biggest hurdles. And overall arm size, but this phase seems like it will put some size on bis and tris well.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Your arms are fine man they will grow along with your other bodyparts.

However legs yes, i would have sticks for lower legs if i didnt do calf raises which i find extremely boring.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your arms are fine man they will grow along with your other bodyparts.

However legs yes, i would have sticks for lower legs if i didnt do calf raises which i find extremely boring.
Mine grow slow but I’ll tell you what has really helped me recently. Angled leg press extensions.
WU and keep adding 45s. Been able to get to about 500 or so, then a 5 part drop set, rep to failure/strip 90/rep to failure/strip 90 repeat all the way down to 90lbs. It’s actually fun too. You can’t walk down the stairs after.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mine grow slow but I’ll tell you what has really helped me recently. Angled leg press extensions.
WU and keep adding 45s. Been able to get to about 500 or so, then a 5 part drop set, rep to failure/strip 90/rep to failure/strip 90 repeat all the way down to 90lbs. It’s actually fun too. You can’t walk down the stairs after.
Sounds intense!!!

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Update:
229.7 today! Now we are talking, my body is loving 430g carbs plus a big refeed. Been hungry as hell lately and his training is a little nuts. My chest, shoulders and back are trashed from all the volume. Instant size increase in my rear delts and chest. Today is the 1.5 hour leg day.
View attachment 187700View attachment 187701
Man crazy looks bro can’t believe an old man looks twice as good as me. You’re staying lean too very impressive. Really curious to see how that split treats you

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ll take the compliment brother but you might wanna buy these old eyes some glasses
I’m just chattering since I never stfu, but LASIK, best money you will ever spend. I had to get special waivers to get in the military. My contact lens script wasn’t carried by any of the chains. I’d get my exam and go up front and they’d be like “ummm ya, 8.75 we will need to special order, it’ll be here in a week”
Then when I was 25, I coughed up $3500 for high end lasik and I’ve been
20/20 ever since, 15 years. Best money I’ve ever spent in my life. If I had taken my contacts out to sleep and and an intruder broke in, I wouldn’t even know who I was shooting, could be my grandma, I would just hope it was the bad guy. Just a little pearl of experience. Lifting your truck or SUV < LASIK

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And I was thinking today about how your logs seem to hit every topic available. Now at least I know you dont mind when one of us goes off on a tangent lol

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m just chattering since I never stfu, but LASIK, best money you will ever spend. I had to get special waivers to get in the military. My contact lens script wasn’t carried by any of the chains. I’d get my exam and go up front and they’d be like “ummm ya, 8.75 we will need to special order, it’ll be here in a week”
Then when I was 25, I coughed up $3500 for high end lasik and I’ve been
20/20 ever since, 15 years. Best money I’ve ever spent in my life. If I had taken my contacts out to sleep and and an intruder broke in, I wouldn’t even know who I was shooting, could be my grandma, I would just hope it was the bad guy. Just a little pearl of experience. Lifting your truck or SUV < LASIK
I second this post. Had lasik about 12 years ago. Well worth every penny

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Update:
View attachment 187700View attachment 187701
Looking huge with abs! Great job man! It looks like it’s all coming together. Oh and the muscle separation in your back and shoulders. 👍

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking huge with abs! Great job man! It looks like it’s all coming together. Oh and the muscle separation in your back and shoulders.
Thanks brother. Need some more width and thickness in my lats right now!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And I was thinking today about how your logs seem to hit every topic available. Now at least I know you dont mind when one of us goes off on a tangent lol
Hell no. I do this for fun and nobody really cares that I stiff leg deadlifted 315 for 12 today. But life is more interesting with all you exciting bros.,.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Seems like coach’s plan is coming together, yeah??
We may be able to put something together by March. I at least know I could do an old guy MP. I trust the guy a lot.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I second this post. Had lasik about 12 years ago. Well worth every penny
I will third this post. Going on 8 years and happy with results. Went high end at $5k due to horrendously bad vision. Dishler laser institute in Denver.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lmfaoooo!

I WAS but lasik took them away
I smuggled in a pair of 2 week disposables to boot camp, and I had access to my private belongings briefly after I got really sick during intake from a penicillin overdose, so I popped them in and ditched the glasses and no one had noticed since they didn’t know me yet. Wore them for 6 months bc I couldn’t deal with those awful Army glasses.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I smuggled in a pair of 2 week disposables to boot camp, and I had access to my private belongings briefly after I got really sick during intake from a penicillin overdose, so I popped them in and ditched the glasses and no one had noticed since they didn’t know me yet. Wore them for 6 months bc I couldn’t deal with those awful Army glasses.
What we really want to know is how many kids did you bully at the gym these past couple days?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What we really want to know is how many kids did you bully at the gym these past couple days?
I’ve been working out on lunch breaks. I really only need to go there Monday night at busy time and that’s the only time I have to deal with these fckin twats. They could be 16 or 20, Im too old to tell anymore.
I’m still pissed, it’s not going to be good to see that kid again. I don’t know how I restrained myself the first time. I know his little rich prick parents would press charges. If I see him Monday I may wait for him outside when I’m done and see if he’s still feeling like a tough guy. Unreal.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve been working out on lunch breaks. I really only need to go there Monday night at busy time and that’s the only time I have to deal with these fckin twats. They could be 16 or 20, Im too old to tell anymore.
I’m still pissed, it’s not going to be good to see that kid again. I don’t know how I restrained myself the first time. I know his little rich prick parents would press charges. If I see him Monday I may wait for him outside when I’m done and see if he’s still feeling like a tough guy. Unreal.
Seriously though it’s not worth it stay cool life will teach these kids a lesson one day. Or at least if he’s 21 let him hit first. Lol

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Seriously though it’s not worth it stay cool life will teach these kids a lesson one day. Or at least if he’s 21 let him hit first. Lol
Thank you. I need someone giving adult advice. Assault is too big of a deal these days. the kid is full grown but I can’t tell anymore how old they are. If he’s for some reason a minor and I assault him in a public place and I assure you he knows not to provoke me now, it won’t look good. And I would be looking at doing time and maybe even losing my firearm rights. Not worth it at all.
Most guys here would have gone right to fists. I was so baffled I was thankful I could at least elbow the **** out of him and throw him off balance like an idiot with his little 45s. I could tell by his smug little nose in the air he was going to tap me with the weights walking by so I was prepared but still like wtf?!?! I sat there just breathing “don’t fucking do it, don’t do it, this is bad” and he couldn’t even put them away by himself, both of em did them one dB each. I burned holes in his face and he wouldn’t even look down. That should have been enough but I’m still damn pissed here. I can’t even imagine, even as cocky as I was at 19, provoking someone that’s got 80lbs on me. Unfuckingfathomable.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I sat there just breathing “don’t fucking do it, don’t do it, this is bad”

When that demon is breaking out and your doing everything you can to just lock that fkn thing away. And 99% of the time it's a pointless effort.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’re the bigger man brother. You gotta have that mentality that doesn’t give a single **** how a noodle look at you or what he thinks of you. That’s how I react with these cocky little kids. I act like im above them. I act even more cocky. If you let that get in your head.... you’re literally letting kids waste your day or night thinking about them. They are a joke to you bro. And a law suit isn’t worth it tbh if you look at the bigger picture. You got nice plans ahead of you :) go get the gains

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re the bigger man brother. You gotta have that mentality that doesn’t give a single **** how a noodle look at you or what he thinks of you. That’s how I react with these cocky little kids. I act like im above them. I act even more cocky. If you let that get in your head.... you’re literally letting kids waste your day or night thinking about them. They are a joke to you bro. And a law suit isn’t worth it tbh if you look at the bigger picture. You got nice plans ahead of you :) go get the gains
Love it man. Thx. **** usually only gets to me for a minute with all the shyts at my gym but that kid crossed the line. I’ll just keep keeping to myself and take comfort that I know he doesn’t have the balls to do that again. If he does anything, I definitely won’t have any more restraint. But twice he had a chance to do anything about it and he couldn’t even look me in the eyes, so it’s better to say I handled it and know he knows better now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Getting off the final plane ride home this weekend we had no carryon bags, so as soon as the seatbelt light kicked off we got up and in line to exit the plan a little faster. Not one, but BOTH unrelated guys on either side of me, at different intervals, decided they NEEDED to get their overhead bags down RIGHT NOW...as if they would have no time when it was their turn to actually get up.

Now 737s are pretty little to begin with, and if either of these chodes had just said excuse me, or even smiled & made eye contact, I would have shifted out of the way to accommodate them. But they didn’t. They tried to be hard and just rudely tried to push past me. But I’m 250lbs of sit-your-ass down these days, and they literally almost fell over when I didn’t budge at all and they had to lean back wedged between the bin and my shoulders to get their ****. I could feel their anger and disbelief when they realized they were trying to go through a brick wall. Neither of them would make eye contact when they slipped back down into their seats

Some folks will always be rude. You can let it bother you, but it’s usually better to just do your own thing and not worry about the weenies of the world.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Getting off the final plane ride home this weekend we had no carryon bags, so as soon as the seatbelt light kicked off we got up and in line to exit the plan a little faster. Not one, but BOTH unrelated guys on either side of me, at different intervals, decided they NEEDED to get their overhead bags down RIGHT NOW...as if they would have no time when it was their turn to actually get up.

Now 737s are pretty little to begin with, and if either of these chodes had just said excuse me, or even smiled & made eye contact, I would have shifted out of the way to accommodate them. But they didn’t. They tried to be hard and just rudely tried to push past me. But I’m 250lbs of sit-your-ass down these days, and they literally almost fell over when I didn’t budge at all and they had to lean back wedged between the bin and my shoulders to get their ****. I could feel their anger and disbelief when they realized they were trying to go through a brick wall. Neither of them would make eye contact when they slipped back down into their seats

Some folks will always be rude. You can let it bother you, but it’s usually better to just do your own thing and not worry about the weenies of the world.
Are we sharing plane stories???

I always take the window, I have big shoulders so it lets me lean so I fit in the seat. A woman had the audacity to reach across me and try to close the window I was looking out of. I was like nah bitch this MY window, sitcho little yoga pants wearing entitled ass right back down.

Needless to say we didn’t have issues the rest of the flight.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hell no. I do this for fun and nobody really cares that I stiff leg deadlifted 315 for 12 today. But life is more interesting with all you exciting bros.,.

Eh, im jealous. With my back, im glad to be doing rack pulls and stiff deads again period. Even if its only 275 for rack pulls and knocking on the door of 200 for stiffs, its good to be able to do them even if its a pitiful amount of weight.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Love it man. Thx. **** usually only gets to me for a minute with all the shyts at my gym but that kid crossed the line. I’ll just keep keeping to myself and take comfort that I know he doesn’t have the balls to do that again. If he does anything, I definitely won’t have any more restraint. But twice he had a chance to do anything about it and he couldn’t even look me in the eyes, so it’s better to say I handled it and know he knows better now.
Now that I'm getting older i get extremely annoyed by younger guys at work/gym. It's best to just let it go, even apologize to the guy and see how he plays it. Tension is dangerous and there's no trt in prison/jail.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Eh, im jealous. With my back, im glad to be doing rack pulls and stiff deads again period. Even if its only 275 for rack pulls and knocking on the door of 200 for stiffs, its good to be able to do them even if its a pitiful amount of weight.
Pressing strength is shyt, I have to work really hard to have any respectable presses, but that’s typical with long arms and just something that needs to be worked on, but dead’s come easy for long-levered guys. I can pick up some weight, Lower back and shoulders have never given me trouble but my knees are crap.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

It must be the npp and high Proviron because my fuse: unusually long, is quite short lately. I’ve been losing my cool more often than I ever have.
And there’s too much pride lately, and pride is the most vile characteristic we humans possess. I hate it and am always looking to kill it.
What bugs me the most, is the reason these people are so comfortable acting this way, is we constantly take the high road. If it were survival of the fittest with no laws, nothing protecting them, they wouldn’t dare press their luck with someone twice their size. These kids would step the fck out of our way and that would be the end of it.

I’m gonna let it go, because I gave him two opportunities to show me how tough he was, and he couldn’t even look at me as I stared through him. Thank you for the wise words, karma or something will work this out somehow with them.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are we sharing plane stories???

I always take the window, I have big shoulders so it lets me lean so I fit in the seat. A woman had the audacity to reach across me and try to close the window I was looking out of. I was like nah bitch this MY window, sitcho little yoga pants wearing entitled ass right back down.

Needless to say we didn’t have issues the rest of the flight.
She’s the only one at the center of her universe. This world is doomed with people thinking and acting like this.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For anyone interested:
M-chest/back
Inc BB, slight decline DB, no crossover cable fly, cable row, rack deads
T-hamstring pre exhaustion leg day. All curls and stiff dead’s, than squats, quad extensions, one leg angled leg press, calves.
W- off
Th - Delt-heavy/back
Face pulls, inc bench rear laterals, db military, one arm dB row, inc side laterals, dB upright row, standing side laterals (this one is fcking nuts, volume-inspired immediate growth)
F - chest/arms
Smith inc pin press, slight decline dB press, unrolling dB flyes, rope tricep pushdowns, concentration curls, preacher machine, overhead rope tri extension, recline dB curl.
Sat- back again
Low cable curl(lats), Ez pullovers, t-bar, Gironda rows, rope pullovers(lats)
Sun- off.

I think I get why he’s doing this, my legs didn’t respond to all the volume so one heavy af day and more time to grow, and my back loves volume and isn’t growing as fast as everything else in width and thickness.

What do the program gurus think?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Always loved this quote; picked it up from the movie the Odyssey where he wants revenge against the men who have stolen his wife and land and throne while he was away for years on a quest:

IMG_2897.JPG

Part of being strong is being able harness your inner strength, to control and direct it. Timing matters. Even if someone deserves everything they have coming, if you act rashly it will be your own ruin.

Odysseus bides his time, btw, and he gets all of his vengeance and then some. It takes half a lifetime, but karma eventually wins out.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Always loved this quote; picked it up from the movie the Odyssey where he wants revenge against the men who have stolen his wife and land and throne while he was away for years on a quest:

View attachment 187785

Part of being strong is being able harness your inner strength, to control and direct it. Timing matters. Even if someone deserves everything they have coming, if you act rashly it will be your own ruin.

Odysseus bides his time, btw, and he gets all of his vengeance and then some. It takes half a lifetime, but karma eventually wins out.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also I really dig the split.

Ever done pullovers with a kettlebell? The hand angle seems to take it to another level of contraction. Pain city.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also I really dig the split.

Ever done pullovers with a kettlebell? The hand angle seems to take it to another level of contraction. Pain city.
Only standing lat pull down bar pullovers. I’ve been doing the same shyt for 2 years. So glad I found a trainer that thinks the opposite of how I do.