MASStering gains with FINAFLEX

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Nothing like downing a box of turtles and a container of heavenly hash...
yeah that heavenly hash stuff can certainly make one demolish a box of turtles all right
I've heard of "bag" and "lid", but not sure I've heard the terminology "container" before..

Ice cream flavor, not the tar like / oil stuff
...wait - what are you talking about?
of course we were talking about the ice cream
sheesh, man .. where is your head at?
damn Canadians..

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can also put down one of those entire frozen pies with a pint of ice cream no sweat. Basically I can eat without ever stopping if I want.....but no more!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah that heavenly hash stuff can certainly make one demolish a box of turtles all right
I've heard of "bag" and "lid", but not sure I've heard the terminology "container" before..

...wait - what are you talking about?
of course we were talking about the ice cream
sheesh, man .. where is your head at?
damn Canadians..
Bag or lid to me is only there to be thrown away......won't ever be used once it's open in my case lol.

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
Blue Bell-mint chocolate chip. Or Hershey nuggets-(almonds).

Oh yeah!

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
Here at the movies watching The Amazing Spider-Man 2. WITH my almond nuggets.

And my MASS 550. So it can incinerate this junk food chocolate I'm eating. With the gf having a good time.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here at the movies watching The Amazing Spider-Man 2. WITH my almond nuggets. And my MASS 550. So it can incinerate this junk food chocolate I'm eating. With the gf having a good time.
Enjoy the movie.. looking forward to seeing that one myself.

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
Thanks. I'm sure I will. I'm a kid at heart.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
All this talk of cheat foods is making me hungry!

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
Today needs to be a clean day.

Movie was great.

Now today needs to be high protein, low carb.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have chest/shoulders on tap here this morning. Bruins game at 1230. I am going to do my best to make that game my post workout meal. Although no 'junk food' carbs.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Got some must get done things around the house today. But I will make it eventually. Today's routine

Complex/compound movements
Accessory stuff
Cardio
Some more cardio
Some core
Maybe some cardio

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I have chest/shoulders on tap here this morning. Bruins game at 1230. I am going to do my best to make that game my post workout meal. Although no 'junk food' carbs.
The game starts at 12:30!!!!! Alright!

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
You guys are lucky to be able to workout.

I work out at work. Cause we have a gym on site for employees. I use my hour lunch. I'm off today bored and with tons of energy.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
You guys are lucky to be able to workout. I work out at work. Cause we have a gym on site for employees. I use my hour lunch. I'm off today bored and with tons of energy.
That sucks, I used to work at a nuclear plant and we had a real nice gym on site as well but I never used it cause I had a gym membership. That was before I got serious though. I would use both now. I was just concerned about getting the fuk out of there cause I would work anywhere from 10-16 hr days

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
That sucks, I used to work at a nuclear plant and we had a real nice gym on site as well but I never used it cause I had a gym membership. That was before I got serious though. I would use both now. I was just concerned about getting the fuk out of there cause I would work anywhere from 10-16 hr days
Yeah I understand. It's nice to be able to walk to the gym to and have an hour lunch.

Convenient. But I live an hour away from work.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys are lucky to be able to workout.I work out at work. Cause we have a gym on site for employees. I use my hour lunch. I'm off today bored and with tons of energy.
Go for a run. Or do some body weight exercises, ie.. jump squats, v ups, pushups.. and so forth.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
You guys are lucky to be able to workout. I work out at work. Cause we have a gym on site for employees. I use my hour lunch. I'm off today bored and with tons of energy.
Don't know if it's in ur budget but a trx , or anything of that nature , makes a great at home trainer w/o the big expense of weights

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Don't know if it's in ur budget but a trx , or anything of that nature , makes a great at home trainer w/o the big expense of weights
I have a rip60 that I got at target on clearance for $20. Well worth it!

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
I plan on buying a bench that declines, inclines and flats with an EZ curl bar and a set of dumbells with weight plates. That can fit in a small area and alot can be done With Just That.

Gonna get a ton of 5 and 10 lb plates to stack on those dumbells. And maybe a couple 25 lb plates. Maybe 45s.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For sure. And a tip... hit up yard sales... for weights, maybe not benches...

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
For sure. And a tip... hit up yard sales... for weights, maybe not benches...
Yeah. DICK's sporting goods sells decent stuff. I'm in the process of saving for Olympic weight plates and curl bar and dumbells etc. They have a single diverse bench that is flat and can incline and decline .

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
If I ever won the lottery I'd build a 200K gym.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Breakfast. Sorta. My first meal but just now eating. Two double scoop shakes with 1/4 cup rolled oats was all I've had all day prior.

image-3321236273.jpg

4 whole eggs. Scrambled
2 tbsp blk bean
2 tbsp salsa
2 slices provolone
Hot sauce.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Today's routine. I just wasn't feeling in. Very sub par for me. Just couldn't get my groove and it just didn't go as planned. Still something is better than nothing.

Deads
3 x 10 @ 135
3 x 5 @ 185
1 x 5 @ 225
1 x 1 @ 275
1 x 1 @ 315
1 x 1 @ 365-failed
1 x 1 @ 335- 1/2 way then failed

Banded gm/wide grip pull up ss
3 x 20/7 @ ??/bw

Land mine squat into press/trunk rotation ss
5 x 8 @ bar+10

Farmer carries
1 lap was 480ft
3 x 1 @ 50lb DBS
60 sec rest/lap

1x1 @ 75lb dbs
1 x 1 @ 105. Bb carry though

Oh kb swings
10 x 10 @ 35

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
HOw did you find the banded pull ups?
Didn't use the bands on the pull ups. Just the good mornings. The fat boy in me enjoys the fact that I can do regular pull ups way to much.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Watch Craigslist. I picked up an old Olympic bar with 310lbs of plates(York) and 50, 60, 70, and 80lb sets of dumbbells(York) for $125 on Craigslist 2 years ago. I keep looking for 90 and 100's but haven't found anyone just selling those cheap.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Watch Craigslist. I picked up an old Olympic bar with 310lbs of plates(York) and 50, 60, 70, and 80lb sets of dumbbells(York) for $125 on Craigslist 2 years ago. I keep looking for 90 and 100's but haven't found anyone just selling those cheap.
Dang. That's a deal

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
Yup. I'll keep an eye.

Cause I'd love to do some lifting while on off days.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Yep, picked them up right south of Wilmington NC.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Mmmmmm.....chocolate peanut butter swirl protein. Just had my first shake. Good stuff right here fellas.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Mmmmmm.....chocolate peanut butter swirl protein. Just had my first shake. Good stuff right here fellas.
Nice!!!! I'm glad you like it!! You deads were awesome man, that's some great weight!!!

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Nice!!!! I'm glad you like it!! You deads were awesome man, that's some great weight!!!
That's the most I've done in a long time. I maxed 365 but that was in a trap bar. Which is the same but different if that makes any sense. I might have gotten a full pull at 335 if I hadn't preloaded so much but might have don't count lol.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I haven't tried a max dead in a long time, I think I'm due

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
I haven't tried a max dead in a long time, I think I'm due
I don't do it to often. On any lift honestly. They are good for bench marking pr's and some bragging rights. I don't think it's a good representation of overall strength though.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The hell is up with tspn-ing black beans? That stuff is too good. Ida have to have dropped an egg to add more. Also, what kinda wrap is that?

That's the most I've done in a long time. I maxed 365 but that was in a trap bar. Which is the same but different if that makes any sense. I might have gotten a full pull at 335 if I hadn't preloaded so much but might have don't count lol.
I haven't done that great with deads in a long time either. Hit 400 last summer, an don't think I've even attempted +365 (and have failed on a few occasions) since.

Fortunately you aren't aiming towards PL.

At least not yet.

I've never tried it on the trap bar. Work different muscles?

I don't do it to often. On any lift honestly. They are good for bench marking pr's and some bragging rights. I don't think it's a good representation of overall strength though.
Not having a partner makes this difficult. Except for a wild hair every now and then on squats, I never try and 1RM. Even then, I put in a weight I'm usually confident that if I fail it's because I didn't hit parallel an not because I just crashed.

Scared, maybe..

Nice session bro.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
The hell is up with tspn-ing black beans? That stuff is too good. Ida have to have dropped an egg to add more. Also, what kinda wrap is that? I haven't done that great with deads in a long time either. Hit 400 last summer, an don't think I've even attempted +365 (and have failed on a few occasions) since. Fortunately you aren't aiming towards PL. At least not yet. I've never tried it on the trap bar. Work different muscles? Not having a partner makes this difficult. Except for a wild hair every now and then on squats, I never try and 1RM. Even then, I put in a weight I'm usually confident that if I fail it's because I didn't hit parallel an not because I just crashed. Scared, maybe.. Nice session bro.
Tbsp black beans keeps me at my planned macros. I would gladly eat more.

Some sort of flax seed blend. I forget exactly though.

Trap bar uses legs slightly more. At least for me. And just the hold in General is different.

I agree 100% on the no spot thing. I know my bench would def be higher. Possibly my squat.

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
I really enjoy how MASS 550 keeps the muscle full. Plump and full. Solid.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well didn't have much to post today. Busy doing a lot of things. My first "off" day in a long time. Not one foot stepped inside a gym today. Supps right on par as well as food though. Back in the gym for a heavy am chest session

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well didn't have much to post today. Busy doing a lot of things. My first "off" day in a long time. Not one foot stepped inside a gym today. Supps right on par as well as food though. Back in the gym for a heavy am chest session
Well good to see you actually let this rest day happen! I remember the last, you just couldn't do it lol

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
I need to up my protein intake.

I need an isolate or blend.

Just made egg beaters egg whites with pulled apart Hillshire farm honey ham deli slices and PAM spray in the skillet for quick clean proteins.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need to up my protein intake.

I need an isolate or blend.

Just made egg beaters egg whites with pulled apart Hillshire farm honey ham deli slices and PAM spray in the skillet for quick clean proteins.
Unless it's for post/pre workout purposes grab a good blend. Isolate is just too expensive to justify using it any other time then peri workout.

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
Unless it's for post/pre workout purposes grab a good blend. Isolate is just too expensive to justify using it any other time then peri workout.
Well yeah I'd MUCH rather have a blend.

I like trutein. 65-80 dollars isn't worth it.

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
I like both fast and slow digesting proteins.

turff49

turff49

Awards
I just got the Elite fusion for like $31 for 4lbs. Seems to be a good blend. I normally buy Trutein when I can get it for $50 on sale. The oxyelite protein has been running on sale at NutraPlanet for $20 for 2lbs. Pretty good blend also.