Magnesium L-Threonate

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm interested in hearing feedback from anyone that has tried this form of magnesium. In particular, I'm interested in it's possible nootropic effects. Below are a few studies:

Elevation of brain magnesium prevents synaptic loss and reverses co... - PubMed - NCBI

Targeting the NMDA receptor subunit NR2B for treating or preventing... - PubMed - NCBI

Magnesium L-threonate prevents and restores memory deficits associa... - PubMed - NCBI

Supposedly the results of a small study in humans should be released in the near future. However, until that happens all I have to go by are studies on mice and anecdotal feedback.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
In for this. Pricey source of Mag, but if its a 2 for 1...

Touey

Touey

Awards
I've looked at it but haven't tried it, let us know if you decide to give it a go

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've looked at it but haven't tried it, let us know if you decide to give it a go
I'm still not sure if I want to spend the money on it but if I do, I'll definitely post an update.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On second thought, I think I will give it a try once I've gotten more used to the Longvida I'm taking daily. I don't want to add something new too soon but for only $20, it's worth at least trying magtein.

Touey

Touey

Awards
On second thought, I think I will give it a try once I've gotten more used to the Longvida I'm taking daily. I don't want to add something new too soon but for only $20, it's worth at least trying magtein.
how do you like Longvida? there are studies indicating curcumin as effective as Prozac in treating depression

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how do you like Longvida? there are studies indicating curcumin as effective as Prozac in treating depression
It's hard to say right now. I've been taking it with Bacopa (800mg/day Longvida and 600mg/day Bacognize) but yesterday dropped that and am now just taking Longvida. So, with regard to any nootropic (or depression/anxiety) effects, I'll have to wait until I've taken it alone for a little while before I can say which effects were from it (versus it combined with Bacopa). However, one thing I can attribute to Longvida so far is that it's awesome for my lower back pain. It works even better than a combination of Meriva Curcumin (1g/day) and Agmatine (2.5g/day).

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I tried 2g MagTein a day for a month and got nothing out of it. Quite typical for me to get no results from brain supplements.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried 2g MagTein a day for a month and got nothing out of it. Quite typical for me to get no results from brain supplements.
Have you tried other forms of magnesium? If so, do you also not notice anything from them? I ask because typically I find that even low doses of magnesium make me very calm and somewhat sedated. I'm curious if magtein will have a similar result but at a lower dose of elemetal magnesium (thus indicating a higher bioavailability).

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, I've only been taking Magtein for one week but so far I've definitely noticed improved sleep. Three capsules (only 144 mg of elemental magnesium) seems to work much better than the other forms I've tried (400 mg of magnesium citrate, 500 mg of slow release magnesium malate and ZMA). I've felt much more rested and my mind clearer in the morning. I also notice I wake up in a much better mood. I don't know if there's any nootropic effect from it (if there was, it would likely take longer than a week to feel that) but I think the increased clarity and mood in the morning has to do mostly with how much better I'm sleeping.

Touey

Touey

Awards
Well, I've only been taking Magtein for one week but so far I've definitely noticed improved sleep. Three capsules (only 144 mg of elemental magnesium) seems to work much better than the other forms I've tried (400 mg of magnesium citrate, 500 mg of slow release magnesium malate and ZMA). I've felt much more rested and my mind clearer in the morning. I also notice I wake up in a much better mood. I don't know if there's any nootropic effect from it (if there was, it would likely take longer than a week to feel that) but I think the increased clarity and mood in the morning has to do mostly with how much better I'm sleeping.
who couldn't use improved sleep, more clarity & better mood, I will give it a go soon and leave my feedback here as well

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried other forms of magnesium? If so, do you also not notice anything from them? I ask because typically I find that even low doses of magnesium make me very calm and somewhat sedated. I'm curious if magtein will have a similar result but at a lower dose of elemetal magnesium (thus indicating a higher bioavailability).
I have tried many, including liposomal magnesium, but never felt anything even though it showed up on blood tests. Currently taking 800mg magnesium glycinate split into two doses daily.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 17
Supplements 17
Supplements 34
Nootropics 0
Flaw Supplements 0