Maca dosage

Naven

Awards
I see some folks using 8-12g of maca a day.

I have no doubt this would make a great addition, in fact I've used it quite a bit in the past and had fantastic results, but not even at that high of a dose.

I got some great organic maca powder, but the stuff tastes literally like spicy sh1t. I can't hardly gag it down.

How are you guys getting 12 grams of the stuff down? It tastes so horrible and even when I try to mix it with a protein shake it gags me.

I'd like to try some of the NP stuff if you can give me a way to get it down without barfing :)

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
I see some folks using 8-12g of maca a day.

I have no doubt this would make a great addition, in fact I've used it quite a bit in the past and had fantastic results, but not even at that high of a dose.

I got some great organic maca powder, but the stuff tastes literally like spicy sh1t. I can't hardly gag it down.

How are you guys getting 12 grams of the stuff down? It tastes so horrible and even when I try to mix it with a protein shake it gags me.

I'd like to try some of the NP stuff if you can give me a way to get it down without barfing :)
man up, thats how. just kidding dude! u can cap some of it and take it through out the day, but obviously thats a lot of caps. some people bundle up there nasty bulk powders in edible starch paper and toss it down the hatch. or try a spoon full into a mouth full of milk, juice, ect...i dont think there is really an easy way so long as u have taste buds

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
yeah actually a lot of people say they have great results with only a few grams ed.

Synicus

Awards
I usually go 8-12g for 5-6 wks, cycle off for 1 or 2, then 5-6 wks again. Taste aint bad, aint as bad as say Cissus, got an earthy taste to it, not bad at all. I get mine by kilo from Root Of The Matter. Haven't tried Nutraplanets. Kilo ~ $35.00 or so. If ya get it by kilo/pound 8-12g is cost effective.

Naven

Awards
I usually go 8-12g for 5-6 wks, cycle off for 1 or 2, then 5-6 wks again. Taste aint bad, aint as bad as say Cissus, got an earthy taste to it, not bad at all. I get mine by kilo from Root Of The Matter. Haven't tried Nutraplanets. Kilo ~ $35.00 or so. If ya get it by kilo/pound 8-12g is cost effective.
Thanks everyone...

My Maca that I have now is 14g per tablespoon, and I've been trying to choke down a tablespoon in a protein shake, but I think I'm going to go back to half or so at a time. Ya, I'm a puss ;)

Synicus

Awards
Don't mess up your shake just mix it in water, i don't think the taste is bad at all.

Synicus

Awards
Do like 1/4 tbl spoon 3 times day in water, nothin to it. I even mix it w/ Cissus, which taste worse.