PES Select White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Review

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thought I would give my 2 cents on PEScience new protein flavor, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut. I love this stuff. It's more white chocolate taste with a hint of macadamia nut aftertaste. Much sweeter in 6-8oz water but I prefer 16oz. I don't mess around with milk of any kind with protein. I also recover noticeably faster with Select. As far as price point, not really much more expensive than other proteins (far cry from pre-covid prices though) and I love the fact that it's a whey/casein blend. Not too many of those out there.

I also tried it blended with 2 cups ice and 1/2 cup water. It was OK. Not my favorite. Gave me a weird aftertaste.

Favorite Select are 1) Snickerdoodle, 2) Frosted Cupcake 3) White Chocolate Macadamia.

I really want to try the Cake Pop and Strawberry.

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
My favorite flavor by a mile. Snickerdoodle is a close second.
I have a terrible time digesting any protein powder that isn’t one of those whey hydrolysate/isolate blends, but for some reason Select doesn’t hurt my stomach at all. Good stuff

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thought I would give my 2 cents on PEScience new protein flavor, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut. I love this stuff. It's more white chocolate taste with a hint of macadamia nut aftertaste. Much sweeter in 6-8oz water but I prefer 16oz. I don't mess around with milk of any kind with protein. I also recover noticeably faster with Select. As far as price point, not really much more expensive than other proteins (far cry from pre-covid prices though) and I love the fact that it's a whey/casein blend. Not too many of those out there.

I also tried it blended with 2 cups ice and 1/2 cup water. It was OK. Not my favorite. Gave me a weird aftertaste.

Favorite Select are 1) Snickerdoodle, 2) Frosted Cupcake 3) White Chocolate Macadamia.

I really want to try the Cake Pop and Strawberry.
I didn’t like it that much. White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are my favorite cookies and it didn’t taste much like them to me. I don’t hate the flavor but I wouldn’t buy it again. This is the first PEScience protein powder I’ve purchased. I have a sample of snickerdoodle and cake pop they sent me. I’ll order one of those if I like the flavor.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didn’t like it that much. White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are my favorite cookies and it didn’t taste much like them to me. I don’t hate the flavor but I wouldn’t buy it again. This is the first PEScience protein powder I’ve purchased. I have a sample of snickerdoodle and cake pop they sent me. I’ll order one of those if I like the flavor.
That's why I ordered it as well. Wish they made a fruity cereal.

jgraves31

jgraves31

Awards
Thanks for the review. Not found a flavor I dislike yet. Likely I’ve consumed at least as much if not more of Select than any other human. My favorite flavor is the discontinued Blondie. Stopped purchasing any future tubs due to the price increase.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the review. Not found a flavor I dislike yet. Likely I’ve consumed at least as much if not more of Select than any other human. My favorite flavor is the discontinued Blondie. Stopped purchasing any future tubs due to the price increase.
What protein do you use now?

jgraves31

jgraves31

Awards
What protein do you use now?
Good question! I set the limit to $60 per 4lbs (we don’t even really get 4lbs either any longer - 3.82 is the actual weight). So for many many months I haven’t purchased, and I’m now at the tail end of finishing all the inventory I had accumulated.

All suggestions for a similar type of protein blend are welcomed.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good question! I set the limit to $60 per 4lbs (we don’t even really get 4lbs either any longer - 3.82 is the actual weight). So for many many months I haven’t purchased, and I’m now at the tail end of finishing all the inventory I had accumulated.

All suggestions for a similar type of protein blend are welcomed.
Depending on the site, Select can still be had for ~$30 a tub. With coupon codes I'm pretty sure they're like 29 from Campus Protein.

jgraves31

jgraves31

Awards
Depending on the site, Select can still be had for ~$30 a tub. With coupon codes I'm pretty sure they're like 29 from Campus Protein.
You are referring to the smaller size.
Thanks! Just checked and this is the first time I’ve ever caught Campus Protein with in-stock options.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thought it was Just OK ?