Lynks8 Attempts To Incinerate His Spare Tire with Apex Alchemy's Flashpoint!

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Welcome to my log! First of all, major thanks to @nostrum420 , @Renew1 , and @xR1pp3Rx for the generous opportunity to test their latest product.

The Goal: Achieve a Godly V-Taper
The Obstacle: Garbage-tier fat deposition genetics in my midsection
The Solution?: Topical Glycyrrhetinic Acid

A little background: I was significantly overweight throughout most of my youth and into my early twenties. I am 6'1" with a medium-sized frame and smaller than average wrists, but at one point in high-school I weighed 265lbs. My genetic makeup is unfortunately heavily geared towards what can only be described as..."muffin top".

Even today, despite having gotten down to ~8% bodyfat at one point, if/when I put on weight, it ALL goes to a very prominent spare tire. Not just love handles, but a friggin' marsupial pouch in the front, too. Yeeeuch.

The good news is, I have almost burned the tire away completely before. So, it can be done. The bad news I have to get down to single-digit % bodyfat to do it, which is a pain in the ass to maintain.
SO, my hope is that Flashpoint may help me set this tire on fire without having to eat like a bodybuilder prepping for a show. I plan to maintain my existing, flexible diet. No changes to diet or supplementation (all I'm taking are basic staples) while using Flashpoint. I may introduce a slight deficit in a couple weeks.

I estimate I am currently ~12-13% bodyfat. Here's a quick pic.
View attachment 206283

I know some of you may say I'm being overly critical, but I promise you, the tire is more prominent than it looks, especially from the side. I will add pics of that soon, along with measurements of my waist, and caliper measurements (if I can find my caliper).

Additionally, someone mentioned Glycyrrhetinic Acid potentially helping to tighten loose skin. I will be monitoring that as well, seeing as I still have loose skin from my overweight days.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This forum software sucks balls. I've tried uploading my pic multiple times. It finishes, I click "save", and then "Oops! We ran into some problems.
So here...try this if you want to see my first before photo. Side photos and photos of fat being pinched/measured coming tomorrow.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking good!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This forum software sucks balls. I've tried uploading my pic multiple times. It finishes, I click "save", and then "Oops! We ran into some problems.
So here...try this if you want to see my first before photo. Side photos and photos of fat being pinched/measured coming tomorrow.
View attachment 206291
I'm using this as may After Pic !!!

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks gents. You're too kind. You'll see what I'm talking about when i upload a significantly less flattering side pic. soon.jpg

1st and 2nd Applications, Thoughts:
-As with all Apex topicals, this stuff goes on easy and absorbs very quickly.
-This actually has an even more pleasant, less-"alcohol-y" scent to it compared to some other products. I can only guess that the active needs less solvent to stay in solution.
-As with others, I've noticed a slight warming sensation for a few minutes post application. It's pleasant.

I am starting with 1ml per day for the first week. Will potentially bump it up from there. I am applying it first thing in the morning before my workout, (allowing ~45min-1hr before starting to sweat to make sure it's fully absorbed).

So far, so good!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Totally agree on the product smell, I wouldn't put it at offensive or pleasant just mild chemical smell that fades quickly.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First Week Recap:

1ml ~45min pre-workout is still going smoothly. I've noticed zero redness/irritation/etc. It may be in my mind, but I think my skin is tightening up a little bit in the applied area. This seems promising, but I'll have to keep an eye on it.

I will be upping the dose to 1.5ml for the second week, and may take it further up from there. I am exclusively applying Flashpoint to my "spare tire" area, aka lower abs and love handles.

I have decided that to truly measure this products efficacy, I should be in at least a slight caloric deficit, instead of maintenance as I have been doing. I am intimately familiar with how my body burns fat, right down to ~8%, so I'll know with certainty if this product is having an additive effect on my spare tire region.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, as promised, some less flattering shots to better illustrate my midsection's uneven fat distribution, (these were taken on day 1, just never got around to uploading).

First shot from the front, not so bad right?

Well, see from the side...

There is at least an extra 1.5 inches of fat around my lower abs than my upper, and it gets worse through my love handles.

Again, these pics don't do my fat disparity full justice. I can say with confidence that most of my friends and most gym buddies I've known lose their fat much more evenly, and don't have to get anywhere near as lean as me for their lower stomach to get tight. This is why I'm pumped to test Flashpoint.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow….don’t I regret opening up this thread!

You look great!

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow….don’t I regret opening up this thread!

You look great!
Thanks, brother. Spent the last 1.5 years slowly lean(ish) bulking and focusing on building upper width in my lats and delts. Trying hard to hold on to what I built and still get rid of that damn tire.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks, brother. Spent the last 1.5 years slowly lean(ish) bulking and focusing on building upper width in my lats and delts. Trying hard to hold on to what I built and still get rid of that damn tire.
The Struggle is Real !

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, as promised, some less flattering shots to better illustrate my midsection's uneven fat distribution, (these were taken on day 1, just never got around to uploading).

First shot from the front, not so bad right?

Well, see from the side...

There is at least an extra 1.5 inches of fat around my lower abs than my upper, and it gets worse through my love handles.

Again, these pics don't do my fat disparity full justice. I can say with confidence that most of my friends and most gym buddies I've known lose their fat much more evenly, and don't have to get anywhere near as lean as me for their lower stomach to get tight. This is why I'm pumped to test Flashpoint.
I'm the same regarding the lower stomach fat. That's the first to come and last to go at the party

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well I came to join in but after seeing your pics, I’m just walking away ashamed! ...FR though- you look incredible!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well I came to join in but after seeing your pics, I’m just walking away ashamed! ...FR though- you look incredible!
Isn't it funny that no matter how good we look to others we can find something to pick apart on our body... As envious as I am about his physique, if it were mine I am sure I would be obsessing over that last tiny thing too!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I guess that is why we all keep going............................

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Although I think we can rename the thread to "
"Lynks8 Attempts To Incinerate His flat bicycle innertube with Apex Alchemy's Flashpoint!"

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you have a tire, then I’m definitely the Michelin man. Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

Oh, and what planet are you from? You definitely don’t look anything like the rest of us..

Last edited:
cbr1000rr

cbr1000rr

Awards
  • Established
Is this available for sale? Coming off my second bottle of Androlotion and would like to try something new

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is this available for sale? Coming off my second bottle of Androlotion and would like to try something new
Not quite yet, brother.

..... Shortly.

cbr1000rr

cbr1000rr

Awards
  • Established
How did you like the androlotion?
It was ok. I was using it to tighten my mid section which is around 13-14% body fat. Saw a drop there but only bought 2 bottles and was hoping to hop on another TD to keep it going

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Days 8 and 9: I am now using 1.5ml, applied 45min pre-wo, all localized to my "spare tire" region. If/when I go up to 2ml, I will likely begin split dosing. Still no redness or iritation to report, just a slight warming sensation for a few minutes post application which I enjoy.

This is going to sound crazy, but I think I'm actually starting to see my skin getting a bit tighter, perhaps even a tiny bit of fat loss? I respond very well to anything that reduces cortisol, especially given the area to which I am applying this stuff, and especially when it appears to be tissue selective like this stuff is. I briefly glanced at some literature on Glycyrrhetinic Acid and one of its mechanisms of action appears to be reducing cortisone's conversion to cortisol.Anything that can reduce glucocorticoid activity in this target tissue is obviously great for the midsection. Again, this was a brief glance. I could be way off on all this.

Anyway, you can compare for yourself. I think (hope) I'm starting to see the beginning of fat loss and skin tightening, mostly around the love handles. Time will tell if this trend continues.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm the same regarding the lower stomach fat. That's the first to come and last to go at the party
Ain't it a bitch? I'd trade half my size for a nice, tight midsection with smooth skin.

Thank you. You should have seen me 2 years ago. Before covid even hit, I ballooned back up to 230lbs, wasn't training...felt terrible. Spent all of lockdown making my comeback. You've got less distance to go. We're all gonna make it!:cool:

Isn't it funny that no matter how good we look to others we can find something to pick apart on our body... As envious as I am about his physique, if it were mine I am sure I would be obsessing over that last tiny thing too!!!
Most of my life I've had this idea in my head of what I wanted to look like. For the first ~22 years, I didn't even think it was possible. I had no idea that people could transform themselves dramatically. I figured since I was fat, I would probably always be fat. A few years later after I had really gotten into training, I got very lean, even leaner than in my avi.
My stomach finally tightened up and I felt great, but then I wanted more size. I've been bouncing back and forth since then, unwilling to commit to a serious bulk (until recently), and sometimes falling off the wagon for a year or more at a time. Now that I've finally built my muscle base to nearly where I want it, it's time to see if I can get lean again. Ideally, I would be able to have the abs I want at closer to ~10-11% bf instead of 8-9. We'll see if this stuff helps.

If you have a tire, then I’m definitely the Michelin man. Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

Oh, and what planet are you from? You definitely don’t look anything like the rest of us..
I'm closer to 40 than 35. Still about 16 in my head tho.
lol, I appreciate the kind words, but look who's talking. You're in great shape yourself. Bigger guns than me for sure.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hard word does pay off !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ain't it a bitch? I'd trade half my size for a nice, tight midsection with smooth skin.
Agreed! Us thicker skinned people with stubborn fat areas know the pain! :(

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am on a tablet that's pretty small. If I am being honest, I can't see any changes in the pics. But your decription leads me to believe this stuff holds some unique powa. Thanks for the detailed input again!!

cbr1000rr

cbr1000rr

Awards
  • Established
Been poking around at MPA and saw vasoburn. Anyone have experience with it? How does it compare to flashpoint?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm closer to 40 than 35. Still about 16 in my head tho.
lol, I appreciate the kind words, but look who's talking. You're in great shape yourself. Bigger guns than me for sure.
I don’t know if that makes me feel better or worse knowing that we are closer in age than I assumed, as I’m 45. Inspiring though for sure!

Ha! It’s apparent you have not taken a gander at my current log. My avi happens to be a flattering pic from September- hence the reason I used it! My log is unplugged, raw and dirty. My guns are definitely not as big as yours.

I think your stomach looks great as is, but it will be interesting to see if it delivers the results you are looking for!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Days 8 and 9: I am now using 1.5ml, applied 45min pre-wo, all localized to my "spare tire" region. If/when I go up to 2ml, I will likely begin split dosing. Still no redness or iritation to report, just a slight warming sensation for a few minutes post application which I enjoy.

This is going to sound crazy, but I think I'm actually starting to see my skin getting a bit tighter, perhaps even a tiny bit of fat loss? I respond very well to anything that reduces cortisol, especially given the area to which I am applying this stuff, and especially when it appears to be tissue selective like this stuff is. I briefly glanced at some literature on Glycyrrhetinic Acid and one of its mechanisms of action appears to be reducing cortisone's conversion to cortisol.Anything that can reduce glucocorticoid activity in this target tissue is obviously great for the midsection. Again, this was a brief glance. I could be way off on all this.

Anyway, you can compare for yourself. I think (hope) I'm starting to see the beginning of fat loss and skin tightening, mostly around the love handles. Time will tell if this trend continues.
definitely noticing changes

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Been poking around at MPA and saw vasoburn. Anyone have experience with it? How does it compare to flashpoint?
it’s popular , but a guy I know and train with went through a bottle and said he will never buy again lol. Little too expensive for the profile

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm playing catch up on this thread but overall how are you making out op

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer