Losing weight with oxandrolone

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's the point.

When you take Anavar, and reduce caloric intake in the proper ratios, it allows you to lower your bodyfat, while retaining muscle.

This. I find it incredibly difficult to drop any weight once adding in anabolics, no matter how low I go on my calories. Even at 1800 calories, my weight won't budge. But my waist gets smaller, and that's what matters.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whew lol. I was starting to get nervous my weight wont go down at 1700 calories a day. Im at week 5 so i was starting to think i was messing up. Im a little leaner but not a ton. Still 3 weeks left though

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whew lol. I was starting to get nervous my weight wont go down at 1700 calories a day. Im at week 5 so i was starting to think i was messing up. Im a little leaner but not a ton. Still 3 weeks left though

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does anybody notice that when they take oxandrolone they dont lose as many lbs?
I’m 7 weeks in on Var and I’m around 2k on cals. Only lost 3-5lbs but I’d say I’ve lost 2-3% BF. Are you sure your Oxand is legit?

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m 7 weeks in on Var and I’m around 2k on cals. Only lost 3-5lbs but I’d say I’ve lost 2-3% BF. Are you sure your Oxand is legit?
Yes, its prescribed to me and through a pharmacy

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My orthopedic surgeon prescribed it but my insurance would not cover it. $900 at the pharmacy. No thanks!
No way! It costs about $2 every 50mg from a compounding pharmacy

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My orthopedic surgeon prescribed it but my insurance would not cover it. $900 at the pharmacy. No thanks!
No way! It costs about $2 every 50mg from a compounding pharmacy

mav6

mav6

Awards
1) var, like all steroids, causes some water retention
2) when you lose weight, you usually lose muscle with it, but the var is keeping you from losing muscle

I've never understood why people use var to cut. Good var increases your appetite, though that effect does depend on your dosage. I doubt a TRT clinic has you on a high dose, unless it's a certain one in Florida that takes cash.....

And a compounding pharmacy is not a guarantee that it's pure. Compounding pharmacies are not FDA inspected or regulated, and that's why the FDA is pushing to shut compounding pharmacies down. So, you're basically just going off of the reputation of the compounding pharmacy, which is still infinitely better than trusting some overseas online "source."

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oxandrolone isnt much of a bulker.. its works really well at holding onto muscle while building strength in a deficit. And apparently it helps burn far around the mid section.

If not as a cutter, what would you use oxandrolone for?

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oxandrolone isnt much of a bulker.. its works really well at holding onto muscle while building strength in a deficit. And apparently it helps burn far around the mid section.

mav6

mav6

Awards

It's great for strength just like all other DHT compounds. You can minimize fat gain and maximize strength while bulking.

But like I said, good var at a high dose really increases your appetite, so that's why it's not great for cutting.

Things like clenbuterol and albuterol and theophylline suppress your appetite while burning fat. You can run cheap test cyp at a relatively low dose with it and you'll retain muscle in a deficit.

There's even simple OTC **** like nicotine lozenges with choline and injectable carnitine that works amazingly well if you dose it right.

You can get more aggressive and use things like T3 and DNP, but that kind of stuff should really be left alone unless you're planning to step on stage.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

A lot of people on here know much more than I do but I always thought Var was the king of cutters. I’m in a severe deficit, 7 weeks in on Var and its hands down the best cutter I’ve ever used. I’m 176 and started out at 183. I’ve lost 2-3% (est) of BF and I feel like my strength, at the worst, has stayed the same. In fact I believe it has went up a little on most of my compound movements. I’m doing a 18/6 fast, workout is my own 8x8 with an added HIIT element. I’ve also added in a few CrossFit movements like sled pull/pushes. Just my 2 cents on this. Also, I personally didn’t see a appetite increase.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's great for strength just like all other DHT compounds. You can minimize fat gain and maximize strength while bulking.

But like I said, good var at a high dose really increases your appetite, so that's why it's not great for cutting.

Things like clenbuterol and albuterol and theophylline suppress your appetite while burning fat. You can run cheap test cyp at a relatively low dose with it and you'll retain muscle in a deficit.

There's even simple OTC **** like nicotine lozenges with choline and injectable carnitine that works amazingly well if you dose it right.

You can get more aggressive and use things like T3 and DNP, but that kind of stuff should really be left alone unless you're planning to step on stage.
Thanks for your perspective

Im not sure if its increasing my appetite or not. I dont think it is.. but i could see how something with appetite suppressant properties would be great.

Id use oxandrolone on a bulk too!

Does anybody else notice if oxandrolone increases their appetite?

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot of people on here know much more than I do but I always thought Var was the king of cutters. I’m in a severe deficit, 7 weeks in on Var and its hands down the best cutter I’ve ever used. I’m 176 and started out at 183. I’ve lost 2-3% (est) of BF and I feel like my strength, at the worst, has stayed the same. In fact I believe it has went up a little on most of my compound movements. I’m doing a 18/6 fast, workout is my own 8x8 with an added HIIT element. I’ve also added in a few CrossFit movements like sled pull/pushes. Just my 2 cents on this. Also, I personally didn’t see a appetite increase.
I always thought oxandrolone was the king of cutters too 🤷‍♂️

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It is, and I've heard of people gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time much easier.
It is the KING of cutters. I'd imagine using it in a stack with ipamorelin / cjc no dac and an appetite suppressor.

*ipamoreline doesn't increase appetite.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've gained some NICE lean muscle with it, while lowering my BF slightly.
It creates a really good look. .... And as I've mentioned over and over, it makes me incredibly strong.

mav6

mav6

Awards
Thanks for your perspective

Im not sure if its increasing my appetite or not. I dont think it is.. but i could see how something with appetite suppressant properties would be great.

Id use oxandrolone on a bulk too!

Does anybody else notice if oxandrolone increases their appetite?
Always depends on dosage. If you're taking 10 mg a day, you're probably not going to have any change in appetite. If you're running 100 mg a day of accurately dosed oxandrolone, you're going to be ravenous.

Some stuff like tren flattens your appetite as the dose goes up, but most of the DHT compounds will increase appetite at higher dosages.

Mind you, if that's the case, you can always stack it with ECA and nicotine to combat the increase in appetite, but I'm not really a fan of using things like ephedrine because it makes your prostate swell.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That isn't a standard price.
That’s why I bought from another source and tested it.

I only do 10 mg/day during a lean bulk for strength and body composition. When I’m cutting and need a boost I’ve done clen and ECA.

Var never increases my hunger at that dose (thank goodness bc I’m already hungry 24/7). I gain water weight from it that drops off within a week or two after I finish.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Always depends on dosage. If you're taking 10 mg a day, you're probably not going to have any change in appetite. If you're running 100 mg a day of accurately dosed oxandrolone, you're going to be ravenous.

Some stuff like tren flattens your appetite as the dose goes up, but most of the DHT compounds will increase appetite at higher dosages.

Mind you, if that's the case, you can always stack it with ECA and nicotine to combat the increase in appetite, but I'm not really a fan of using things like ephedrine because it makes your prostate swell.
I’m dosing 20mg twice a day. No change in appetite for me.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anavar seems amazing. I've heard and seen some stuff on it being used for HRT at low doses in hypogonadism and to lower SHGB, along with injuries, muscle wastage, burn victims, etc. It has been used long term in children/women with no reported side effect in some studies.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"I just hate seeing people bash oxandrolone. It's literally *the* safest AS there is, and when used correctly (empty stomach) is the most anabolic compound there is. It's the only known androgen that increases the number of androgen receptors in bone and muscle AND promotes the synthesis of new muscle cells. That's why "var gainzz stick" and that's why it's used with such tremendous success in burn victims. It also increases type I collagen synthesis by 100-300% and type 3 collagen synthesis by up to 1100%. There is NO anabolic steroid that even comes close to the power of oxandrolone and NO anabolic steroid with fewer side effects. It's not even liver toxic.

It's not a mass builder because it causes ZERO water retention and causes ZERO intramuscular fat deposition. What it does is increase strength -- massively, and muscle density and hardness -- massively. It increases peak power output, blocks the negative effects of cortisol on muscle, and burns visceral adipose tissue."

This is the post from
this great thread.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
"I just hate seeing people bash oxandrolone. It's literally *the* safest AS there is, and when used correctly (empty stomach) is the most anabolic compound there is. It's the only known androgen that increases the number of androgen receptors in bone and muscle AND promotes the synthesis of new muscle cells. That's why "var gainzz stick" and that's why it's used with such tremendous success in burn victims. It also increases type I collagen synthesis by 100-300% and type 3 collagen synthesis by up to 1100%. There is NO anabolic steroid that even comes close to the power of oxandrolone and NO anabolic steroid with fewer side effects. It's not even liver toxic.

It's not a mass builder because it causes ZERO water retention and causes ZERO intramuscular fat deposition. What it does is increase strength -- massively, and muscle density and hardness -- massively. It increases peak power output, blocks the negative effects of cortisol on muscle, and burns visceral adipose tissue."

This is the post from
this great thread.
I'm (almost, obviously. LOL) as big of a fan of Var as you'll find on this board.
I Love the stuff.
If I could use only one steroid, that would be it.

That's a great thread, but everyone needs to wade through carefully (as always).
There is a lot of truth in there. ... And a good bit of "not so true".

Thanks for linking it. I really like going back through these threads.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

This is the post from
this great thread.
Saying var has zero water gain is really bold. If that were true it would mean that it had zero nitrogen retention, which is, let me think, ... one of the most important aspects of all aas. A positive nitrogen balance is what helps you keep the muscle in a cut. Don't want to bash you for saying that but do you really believe an aas could not contribute to water retention?

Where did you read that anavar synthesizes type 1 fibers? This, as far as I know, is a myth. Only nandrolones do that. Can you post a link to a study saying anavar does that?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

This is the post from
this great thread.
Also, off course var is liver toxic. It's just not harsh as other compounds can be.

Wow, so many bold and half true statements in that post : )

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Var is my favorite. But as everyone on this board probably already knows by now... I'm enjoying the heck out of TD Epiandro lately.
LOL.
How are you dosing that? Epiandro is one of the few things I've never tried.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Var is my favorite. But as everyone on this board probably already knows by now... I'm enjoying the heck out of TD Epiandro lately.
LOL.
what is it doing for you?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How are you dosing that? Epiandro is one of the few things I've never tried.
I'm using Apex Alchemy's Stanogen TD Epiandro, which is stronger than oral.

I've been using 200mg up to 400 mg on Heavy training days and HEAVY work days.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saying var has zero water gain is really bold. If that were true it would mean that it had zero nitrogen retention, which is, let me think, ... one of the most important aspects of all aas. A positive nitrogen balance is what helps you keep the muscle in a cut. Don't want to bash you for saying that but do you really believe an aas could not contribute to water retention?

Where did you read that anavar synthesizes type 1 fibers? This, as far as I know, is a myth. Only nandrolones do that. Can you post a link to a study saying anavar does that?
Im interested in the data as well

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Im interested in the data as well

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Those weren't his statements, that was a quote from a post (as he noted, and linked at the bottom).

Like I said in my comment, there is a lot of truth in that thread, and some "not so true" in it.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Those weren't his statements, that was a quote from a post (as he noted, and linked at the bottom).

Like I said in my comment, there is a lot of truth in that thread, and some "not so true" in it.
I know he was quoting but he was quoting in the context of believing what was written. Yes? To lazy to formulate a proper sentece, but you get the gist of it.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know he was quoting but he was quoting in the context of believing what was written. Yes? To lazy to formulate a proper sentece, but you get the gist of it.
No.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anavar seems amazing. I've heard and seen some stuff on it being used for HRT at low doses in hypogonadism and to lower SHGB, along with injuries, muscle wastage, burn victims, etc. It has been used long term in children/women with no reported side effect in some studies.
Only in conjuction with test, hcg or exogenous estradiol though. Since it doesnt aromatize, it cannot be a standalone replacement therapy for hypogonadism.