justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It isn't a SARM.
It isn't exogenous GH. It is a GH Secretagogue.

It doesn't suppress.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Could it not interfere with natural ghrelin production? It is a ghrelin mimetic after all. Taken from wikipedia...

It is important to note that the full mechanism of ghrelin secretion and reduction has not been fully realized, e.g. "this finding appears to discount gastric distention as a mechanism for ghrelin reduction"

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
So, I Don't see this thread too active anymore. But, I came back to it after reading through 180+ pages on another forum on MK. I didn't see one person report anxiety, just that they got super hungry, bloated, or eventually had elevated BG after 8+ months of being on it @ 25mg but also running tons of other peptides.

I read through the whole post, and it makes sense. I Just find it interesting how in all official studies on on mk677 itself, nobody reported increased stress. This article makes it sound like you'll feel like you're having a bad acid trip if you use mk677 longer than 2 weeks which I don't really see as being realistic. What is fear learning anyway?

I'm not coming down on anything or anybody, just trying to get the conversation going. I really don't feel like I know enough about mk677 despite reading a ton on it. Eager to try though!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, I Don't see this thread too active anymore. But, I came back to it after reading through 180+ pages on another forum on MK. I didn't see one person report anxiety, just that they got super hungry, bloated, or eventually had elevated BG after 8+ months of being on it @ 25mg but also running tons of other peptides.

I read through the whole post, and it makes sense. I Just find it interesting how in all official studies on on mk677 itself, nobody reported increased stress. This article makes it sound like you'll feel like you're having a bad acid trip if you use mk677 longer than 2 weeks which I don't really see as being realistic. What is fear learning anyway?

I'm not coming down on anything or anybody, just trying to get the conversation going. I really don't feel like I know enough about mk677 despite reading a ton on it. Eager to try though!
Just use it lol

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
A greater stress response is induced by contemplation of MK use.

Jollygood

Awards
Gonna post this because I literally just signed up here just to read the article because of my bad side effects.

27, dealt with regular anxiety most of my life. On my 2nd mk cycle i had a massive panic attack, had no idea what it was and thought it was a heart attack. Went to the ER twice in one week. While ive always dealt with anxiety ive never quite been the paranoid or overreact type.

Fast forward to last night. Been on MK again for about 4 days. Had another life/reality shaking panic attack. Again. Until this year i have never had them before ever. The only thing thats changed is trying MK.

Based on my experience i recommend avoiding mk at all costs..

Question for OP or anyone who can understand most of that jargon...

Have i permanently damaged my brain and will i suffer these attacks for the rest of my life? Or is there any hope to recover and normalize?..

Thank you

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gonna post this because I literally just signed up here just to read the article because of my bad side effects.

27, dealt with regular anxiety most of my life. On my 2nd mk cycle i had a massive panic attack, had no idea what it was and thought it was a heart attack. Went to the ER twice in one week. While ive always dealt with anxiety ive never quite been the paranoid or overreact type.

Fast forward to last night. Been on MK again for about 4 days. Had another life/reality shaking panic attack. Again. Until this year i have never had them before ever. The only thing thats changed is trying MK.

Have i permanently damaged my brain and will i suffer these attacks for the rest of my life? Or is there any hope to recover and normalize?..

Thank you
Interesting. Hard to tell if it’s 100% the MK with thousands of other uncontrolled environmental variables. I personally would focus on holistic approach to life to start checking boxes towards healing and homeostasis.

List of things to consider:
Medical: labs from conventional physician and homeopathic
Diet: Whole Foods and high quality meat
Supplements: Green Vibrance 2x a day
Activity: keep body moving. Resistance training and something outside if possible. Try not dwell on your problem.
Environment: make sure no molds/toxins, no leds, especially 5+ hours before bed. Pitch black/cool room for sleeping 8+
Get tons of clean water and can consider juicing and fasting.

Best of luck
-Thor

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Thank you
Thanks for sharing. I experienced some bad side effects from my 10 week MK run last year, including anxiety, depression, lethargy and Alzheimer's-esque symptoms. I was depressed 3 years when I was 17, 18 and 19. I'd never had clinical anxiety before the MK run. Tbf the relapse into depression could've primarily been due to the anxiety. The lethargy is to be expected whilst on MK but nonetheless I found that it inhibited my ability to deal with the anxiety, depression and surrounding stressors. Whilst there were surrounding stressors they were nothing I hadn't dealt with before and thus I attribute them to the MK. The Alzheimer's-esque symptoms id never had before. They were just booky and no doubt exacerbated the anxiety and depression.

The way MK works necessarily stresses the body and essentially makes the body think it's pretty much constantly starving. This is a constant mental strain and thus I get the feeling that MK may not be suitable for those with pre-existing mental issues.

My MK run ended in May last year. Upon its conclusion I found myself depressed, anxious, lethargic, mentally 'broken' and in PCT. I was worried I might be like that for the rest of my life, however long that would turn out to be. It was a *****.
Now, I'm feeling a lot better and pretty much back to 'normal'. I'm still a little more anxious than I used to be but that may be more the aftermath of the last 9 months than a direct side-effect of the MK. Tbh it's a little hard to say when the side-effects from the MK ended but in my experience, the side-effects can snowball due to their nature, particularly the less prevalent onces. The Alzheimer's-esque symptoms didn't subside until about two months ago and those definitely had a part to play in exacerbating the problems I faced.

Try to stay calm man, I know it's hard but it'll honestly make things better. Have you noticed anything other than the panic attacks? Keep us updated and I will you. Don't touch any MK and perhaps ask your doctor for a higher dosage of your anxiety meds temporarily. Eating at least maintenance every day for the next week could also help. Good luck man

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I’ve run MK many times with no anxiety issues. I suspect that those experiencing the anxiety are younger and therefore already have a relatively high amount of IGF-1 - and adding MK (especially at dosages of 25mg/day) is bumping the level to supraphysiologocal levels. Any hormone that affects the HPTA axis in excess will cause anxiety (especially if someone is prone to it and has experienced symptoms prior to running the compound. Anxiety is a symptom of High GH/IGF-1. That’s my theory on this. And, no - you did not cause permanent damage. It’s not possible -the HPTA will return to normal in time. My advice would be if you are still having symptoms get a full hormonal panel including Testosterone, Estradiol IGF-1 etc. if you are above the high range for IGF1 get an MRI of your pituitary to rule out any underlying issue there - but my bet is you will be good to go win 2 weeks. Also FWIW - I would not recommend this compound to guys under 40. There really is no need. You have all the IGF1 you need. I’m 50 and my IGF1 is 140 (range of 80-280) so bumping mine on MK puts me at a normal range for a guy mid-20s. When you are already in your mid-20s and run this you are likely going way out of the range.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The evidence on the impact of increased hgh on anxiety is mixed. Some suggest that increased hgh lowers or even alleviates anxiety, whilst others suggest that hgh increases anxiety. I haven't examined the exact results of the individual studies but what comes to mind is that the effect of increased hgh is highly individualistic, although more support that increased hgh reduces anxiety (and depression).

There is nothing to suggest that increased IGF-1 worsens anxiety.

The proposal that elevated ghrelin worsens anxiety makes sense and is supported by research. I mean, the threat of starvation used to be a greater threat and hunger more concerning, because it's a step on the path to starvation. Concern breeds anxiety. Ghrelin signals hungry. Therefore it reasons that ghrelin would lead to anxiety.

Perhaps Jollygood does react badly to elevated hgh but I reckon the elevated ghrelin induced by MK is likely responsible, perhaps alongside the elevated hgh.

Perhaps those with a predisposition, by nature, nurture or fate, to having psychological issues are more prone to negative side-effects.

Stressors induce or contribute towards anxiety. Hunger, ghrelin, would be an additional stressor which may tip someone's system over the edge.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The evidence on the impact of increased hgh on anxiety is mixed. Some suggest that increased hgh lowers or even alleviates anxiety, whilst others suggest that hgh increases anxiety. I haven't examined the exact results of the individual studies but what comes to mind is that the effect of increased hgh is highly individualistic, although more support that increased hgh reduces anxiety (and depression).

The proposal that elevated ghrelin worsens anxiety makes sense and is supported by research. I mean, the threat of starvation used to be a greater threat and hunger more concerning, because it's a step on the path to starvation. Concern breeds anxiety. Ghrelin signals hungry. Therefore it reasons that ghrelin would lead to anxiety.

Perhaps Jollygood does react badly to elevated hgh but I reckon the elevated ghrelin induced by MK is likely responsible, perhaps alongside the elevated hgh.

Perhaps those with a predisposition, by nature, nurture or fate, to having psychological issues are more prone to negative side-effects.

Stressors induce or contribute towards anxiety. Hunger, ghrelin, would be an additional stressor which may tip someone's system over the edge.
Part 1: The history and lies surrouding MK-677

Let me begin by stating the following fact. Very few people have made the claim that MK-677 has increased their anxiety levels. In the last 15 years, not a single person, to my knowledge (and I've been around a LOT) has EVER reported this. I've seen literally thousands of people over the last 15 years post about their experiences with MK-677 and NOT ONE person ever mentioned this being a side effect. I'm not saying no one ever made the claim, but simply that I've have never seen it until THIS thread. And why did we just start seeing this claim? There's one reason. It is because of Dat's dishonest article, but we'll address that in a bit.

For the reasons stated above, as well as others I will explain below, I adamantly deny that MK-677 is major contributor to anxiety. Remember, anxiety is EXTREMELY common in today's society. Even coffee can cause anxiety, especially in people who are teetering on the edge of anxiety issues. Take a look at the one guy's claim above. He said he experienced an increase in anxiety and fear when taking MK, but after a little bit of questioning, we find out that his entire life was in shambles during the time period he was using MK-677! So, what we have here is someone who is going through horrible life circumstances...and the first thing he thinks of is MK-677? Doesn't it seem much more likely that his horrible life circumstances were the primary cause of anxiety? Pegging MK-677 as "the cause" of his anxiety under these circumstances is a bit outrageous. His claim is similar to someone with life-long morbid obesity blaming his excessive appetite on his recent MK-677 usage.

Anyway, if GH peptides possessed substantial anxiety promoting effects, it would have been reported in at least a small percentage of users over the last 15 years, but this has not been the case...at all. I challenge anyone here to find ANYONE who publicly posted that MK-677 gave them anxiety PRIOR to Dat's article. Maybe you'll find one, maybe you won't, but what you will certainly find is that such claims were either exceedingly rare or non-existent altogether. Furthermore, it's also relevant to point out that not a single clinical study, which have involved literally 1,000's of people over the years (the same goes for all the other ghrelin mimetics, as well), has EVER reported anxiety as a side effect.

So, what we have here is an entire generation of users with either few or no people reporting this side effect, as well as an entire generation of clinical research without a single report...and yet, we are quick to jump to the conclusion that a ghrelin mimetic like MK-677 causes anxiety? Also, if you're not aware, it should be mentioned that Dat is well known to write fraudulent material for pay. Yes, has has been caught PURPOSELY trying to deceive the community by writing dishonest "scientific" articles for BIG dollars...because the people who hire him (owners of supplement companies) know that he is intelligent enough to be able to fool people. Basically, the average person isn't educated enough to see through his bull**** without extended study.

In addition, it's extremely important to note that the actual study Dat referenced for his "article" does NOT make the claim that DAT is making!!! At no point do the researchers say that MK causes anxiety or fear. They simply "speculate" that it MIGHT do so, but they also imply that the potential for this side effect, if it exists at all, is mild. Then, instead of citing the article accurately, DAT intentionally twists the truth in order to make it appear as if MK not only causes this side effect, but that it is a serious contributor. It is a TOTAL LIE! Yes, Dat lied and he knows it. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence, who actually read the original article by the "researchers would realize this immediately. Why did Dat do this? From what I've heard, one of his associates was planning on releasing anamorelin, and this hit piece on MK-677 was simply the first piece of propaganda designed to discourage people from using MK-677, so that that they could be more easily transitioned to anamorelin upon its release. He did not want people to draw any association between his hit piece and his future claim of anamorelin superiority, so it was disconnected from anything having to do with anamorelin and written well in advance of the new product's release. Regardless of the reason, Dat lied in his article, and that can't be disputed. Read the original researcher's article and you will see this for yourself. Dat lied. Period. The only question would be "why?", but I believe I answered that above.

The complete lack of anecdotal evidence until just recently, combined with the complete lack of clinical evidence, as well as the fact that Dat completely twisted both the meaning and tone of the original research, leads me to conclude that MK-677 induced anxiety is not something most people need to concern themselves with. GH peptides are and always have been recognized as "generally safe" by the medical community.

PART 2: Can MK-677 contribute to anxiety?

Understand this. Anxiety issues...all anxiety issues...and are the result of an imbalance between the gabaergic system and the glutamatergic system. The gaba system is what calms us down, make us more relaxed, and reduces anxiety, while the glutamate system does the exact opposite. It is excitatory in nature. Under normal conditions, these two systems do their jobs in a balanced fashion, which results in a healthy, appropriate response to external stimuli. However, when these two systems fall out of balance (there are dozens of potential factors involved) and the glutamatergic system becomes unnecessarily upregulated, anxiety-fear can result.

What many people don't understand is that there is a threshold level of glutamatergic activation, at which anxiety becomes immediately apparent. In other words, someone could tread that fine line between normalcy and excitation, but as long as they don't cross that threshold, they won't experience anxiety. Believe me when I tell you that there are MANY people in today's society that have an imbalance between these two neurotransmitter systems, which is why so many people (millions of diagnosed cases in America alone) have serious anxiety issues.

There also a massive number of people who are very close to surpassing that threshold. For these people, anything that causes even a small increase in glutamatergic activity can push them over the edge. When this happens, the first thing most people think to themselves is "why is this happening?", but instead of assessing all the relevant factors, they tend to look at the most recent things in their life. They are looking for something to blame, rather than understanding that anxiety is the cumulative effect of all stressors combined.

Steroid users are especially prone to anxiety issues because of their effects on the glutamatergic system. Poor sleep (which many steroid users also experience), either in terms of duration or quality, is also a big factor in causing glutamatergic upregulation. Coffee, pre-workout stimulants, job stress, financial issues, relationship problems, etc., etc., etc., ALL cause excitation of the glutamatergic system. Some people are more resilient than others when it comes to dealing with stress, but EVERYONE will eventually reach the point of anxiety and panic attacks when it exceeds their own personal threshold.

Now, with that said, ghrelin mimetics can and do act as glutamatergic modulators, but the effect is considered mild, especially in comparison to some of the potential factors I mentioned above. This means that, while MK-677 can and does can some degree of glutamatergic activation, it does not do so strongly enough to cause any sort of anxiety issues in those with healthy, well-functioning neurotransmitter system. It could, however, be the final straw that brakes the camel's back, so to speak. For these people, rather than placing the blame at the feet of a ghrelin mimetic, they would be wise to address what are certainly much more pressing matters...because no one with a healthy balance between gabaergic and glutamatergic function is going to begin experiencing anxiety-fear from MK-677.

Last edited:
Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We all respond diferently and there is no blueprint how things works 100%.

I can share a piece of an email I got from Alex W. Pastuszak, MD, PhD (professor) who was involved in:
"The Safety and Efficacy of Growth Hormone Secretagogues"
http://www.smr.jsexmed.org/article/S2050-0521(17)30032-X/fulltext

"Growth Hormone Secretagogue Treatment in Hypogonadal Men Raises Serum Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 Levels"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5675260/

He wrote :

"We have had good results with MK677 - they are comparable to results seen with sermorelin and the ghrps.

There are good safety data from the initial trials before Merck shelved the medication for economic reasons - it has now been resurrected by one of its inventors and they are in early stages of clinical trials. I would expect to see the medication on the market in the years to come."

He also said no one experienced any anxiety or other mental issues with MK677.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards

Agreed. Hence, why it should be used on a bulk and not a cut. IMO you completely cut out that “starvation fear” during a bulk. If anything this plays in your favour it makes your bulk way easier especially if you have a hard time eating.

Although not enough to tip over the edge. Personally I think mindset is 50% of the anxiety battle. Which is why people turn to mediation and things like breathing techniques.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Really? You think Mk could put one over the edge? Let's look at how likely that is to happen using actual evidence.

First of all, NOT ONE person among 1,000's of users over the last 15 years has claimed to experience increased anxiety with ANY of the GH peptides/secretagogues! In all that time not a single person, to my knowledge (and I've been around a LOT) has EVER reported anything like that. It wasn't until THIS thread that someone reported it (one guy), but I call bull**** on that claim all day long. The guy said he experienced an increase in anxiety and fear when taking MK, but after a little bit of questioning (and his claims slightly changing every few posts) we find out that his entire life has been in shambles during this same time period! So, we have here is someone who is going through horrible life circumstances...and the first thing he thinks of is MK-677? LOL. Doesn't it seem much more likely that it was actually his horrible life circumstances that was causing the problem? I don't think we even need to address the absurdity of that claim given the circumstances. Like I said in a prior post, his claim would be akin to a life-long coal miner blaming MK-677 for his newly diagnosed lung cancer. Just LOL.

Anyway, if GH peptides would have caused this side effect, it would have been reported in at least a small percentage of users over the last 15 years, but no one has! Furthermore, not a single clinical study, which involves literally 1,000's of people (including all GH peptides) has EVER reported a single side effect like that.

So, what we have here is an entire generation of users without a single person reporting this side effect, as well as an entire generation of clinical research without a single report...and yet you really think that MK-677 causes this? If you don't already know, it should also be mentioned that Dat is well known to write fraudulent material for pay. Yes he is known to PURPOSELY deceive the community by writing dishonest "scientific" articles for BIG dollars...because the people who hire him (owners of supplement companies) know he will fool many people because of his fancy, scientific wording. In short, the average person isn't educated or intelligent enough to see through his bull**** without extended study.

It's also extremely important to note that the actual study Dat referenced for his "article" does not claim what Dat is claiming. At no point do the researchers say that MK causes this side effect. They simply "speculate" that it MIGHT do so, but they also imply that the potential side effects, if they even occur at all, are mild...whereas DAT completely twists the nature of the article to make it appear as if MK not only causes this side effect, but that it is serious in nature. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence, who actually read the original article by the "researchers (not DAT's article) would realize this immediately.

I'm sorry, but the complete lack of anecdotal evidence, the complete lack of clinical evidence, the fact that Dat completely twisted both the meaning and tone of the original article, and the fact Dat is known to write deceptive articles for money, leads me to conclusion that this is not something people need to concern themselves with. GH peptides are and always have been recognized as "generally safe" by the medical community....and to this day I don't see anyone saying MK made them afraid or anxious.
I appreciate that. Though I'm not particularly knowledgable about how ghrps work I've been told they give a strong but short lasting burst of ghrelin and hgh secretion. This contrasts with how MK works as it has a longer window in which ghrelin and hgh secretion are increased. The paper suggested that only with prolonged exposure to elevated ghrelin would the more severe side-effects be seen.
During my run I was cutting and perhaps didn't refeed as often as I should've. I was refeeding once a month at 5-10% bf which, upon conducting further research, is unadvisable, even without being on MK.
I'd advise users to do either use MK during a bulk or to refeed often, perhaps going for more of a recomp than a cut. Similar to what jcr said

Although the OP may have had ulterior motives writing this thread it's still possible that additional knowledge regarding fairly novel substances such as MK are still coming to light.
Additionally, if a single user in a 500 person samples experiences anxiety during the course of a study the researchers may simply attribute that to the individual, or the individual may not attribute it to the MK and may not speak out about it.

kecman96

Awards
Amazing info. How about mineral retention with mk677, possible dangerous rise in intracellular calcium which can be ACTUAL reason for lethargy, elevated heart rate in some people, etc.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Amazing info. How about mineral retention with mk677, possible dangerous rise in intracellular calcium which can be ACTUAL reason for lethargy, elevated heart rate in some people, etc.
Never looked into that... could be something that would be a cause because mk677 does increase bone mineral density.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I appreciate that. Though I'm not particularly knowledgable about how ghrps work I've been told they give a strong but short lasting burst of ghrelin and hgh secretion. This contrasts with how MK works as it has a longer window in which ghrelin and hgh secretion are increased. The paper suggested that only with prolonged exposure to elevated ghrelin would the more severe side-effects be seen.
During my run I was cutting and perhaps didn't refeed as often as I should've. I was refeeding once a month at 5-10% bf which, upon conducting further research, is unadvisable, even without being on MK.
I'd advise users to do either use MK during a bulk or to refeed often, perhaps going for more of a recomp than a cut. Similar to what jcr said

Although the OP may have had ulterior motives writing this thread it's still possible that additional knowledge regarding fairly novel substances such as MK are still coming to light.
Additionally, if a single user in a 500 person samples experiences anxiety during the course of a study the researchers may simply attribute that to the individual, or the individual may not attribute it to the MK and may not speak out about it.
MK brings on mega depression, anxiety for me. It works really well for me, but the side effects are terrible - PH runs (with proper test base) side effects don't even come close. Keep in mind that I do suffer from depression - so I think MK multiplies that. Great product if you can handle it. All this to say is that I support Mike Arnold and have Somatozine on hand. I take 12.5 mg 2-3 times a week prior to bed. It helps my sleep and recover greatly. Any more than that - and I am down for the count.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MK brings on mega depression, anxiety for me. It works really well for me, but the side effects are terrible - PH runs (with proper test base) side effects don't even come close. Keep in mind that I do suffer from depression - so I think MK multiplies that. Great product if you can handle it. All this to say is that I support Mike Arnold and have Somatozine on hand. I take 12.5 mg 2-3 times a week prior to bed. It helps my sleep and recover greatly. Any more than that - and I am down for the count.
Thank you, I might give somatozine a shot and try your dosing routine

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That is lethargy (which can exacerbate depression). MK can cause this in some people, but it is not related to MK-677's ghrelin mimetic effects. Exogenous GH does the same thing and it is not a ghrelin mimetic at all. Different issue. I appreciate the support, brother.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
To help combat the lethargy take mk before bed and keep a bottle of caffeine pills by your bed side table and when you wake up pop one press snooze on your alarm and bam you’re golden lethargy solved

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Ibuprofen (400mg x3) daily will also help with water retention . There is a study proving it :)
No problem man. TY for sharing the info :)

Hey Danes, by no means saying you are incorrect but would you mind posting that study? In the medical community ibuprofen is strongly recommended to NOT be taken by people with edema, and generally any condition that causes fluid retention due to causing fluid retention. There are a large amount of studies on this, but I was unable to find one showing ibuprofen helping with water retention.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Danes, by no means saying you are incorrect but would you mind posting that study? In the medical community ibuprofen is strongly recommended to NOT be taken by people with edema, and generally any condition that causes fluid retention due to causing fluid retention. There are a large amount of studies on this, but I was unable to find one showing ibuprofen helping with water retention.
You are correct and I will explain you very simple why.
Usualy NSAID drugs such as Ibuprofen decrease PGE2. (And ofcourse have other effects too).

Less PGE2=more ADH
More PGE2=Less ADH

But in the study I found (some years ago), it was clearly different story. I will try to dig up.

snrub

Awards
To everyone suffering from lethargy and depression. I would suggest a Monday through Friday dose. After an 8 week run I felt lethargic and no longer hungry and some mild depression(im prone to it though) Took 4 days off started back at 25 mg. Increased hunger better sleep NO lethargy. Planning on using it 5/2 from now on and will probably keep it at 10mg(12.5 cause of somatizine) from now on due to my age.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
You may also like to try EOD dosing. I feel great on this schedule. If I dose ED I just seem to feel a little off.

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
Those are good tips snrub and ericos_bob. I would only be concerned that eod dosing might tend to keep cortisol slightly elevated, as every day dosing was found in studies to not elevate cortisol (sort of like when you drink coffee everyday). With everyday dosing, cortisol was only very slightly elevated for about 2 to 3 weeks in the beginning, then went completely normal after that with no elevations seen at all after that.

I guess everyone reacts differently. I have been using 25mk677 daily for 4 months now, no lethargy, increased energy, and great sense of well-being from the 1st week even until now at 4 months. Sleep is still excellent. I would however suggest starting at 15mg and slowing working up to 25mg over a period of 2 weeks. I experienced 1 day of lethargy in the very beginning, but not any since then. No depression whatsoever even at 4 months. A friend of mine got lethargy off 15mg for several days, but then it went away he said after about a week, with some, the lethargy never goes away. I find it strange that everyone reacts so differently. However, cjc-1295 dac caused bad lethargy for me, yet most get none from it. Just goes to show how we all differ.

Age is 48, beginning igf-1 baseline was 227. 2 weeks of mk677 brought me to 372 ng/ml. Increase of 145 points, this is huge for anti-aging and strength gains. I once tested 4iu of pharm grade chinese GH, it brought me to 380 (increase of 150 points). mk677 is the equivalent of 4iu GH for me personally, I strongly recommend having bloodwork done as it is only $69 for an igf-1 test. I have a labcore near my house which I use.

In 4 months of 200mg a week TRT + 25mg mk677 in the morning with my coffee + 8grams of HMB daily, I've made continuous weekly strength increases, being able to add 5 lbs to all upper body lifts weekly, and well beyond that to all my lower body lifts weekly...I am astounded by the combination of TRT + mk677 + HMB...absolutely love the combo of all 3. I do take in 50g of met-rx a day so that I can meet my daily 200g protein. The addition of the mk677 really helped me to blast through previous strength plateaus as well as keeping my joints well lubricated, love the stuff. Eggs + top sirloin + chicken + 1 protein shake a day are my top 4 protein sources.

I will keep you updated as I will continue to do bloodwork every 6 months to make sure it is keeping my igf-1 and gh way up there. 25mg mk677 daily brought me to the gh/igf-1 level of a gifted 16 year old, could not ask for more from this very inexpensive product. I will post my 4+ month bloodwork end of July after being on it over 4 months.

I'm a big fan of datbtrue, and have copies of all his papers from back in the day, and I have read some of the speculations he made on mk677 and it's unfounded/total speculation on it's possible link to depression/stress. I'm living proof that 4 months on the stuff had no such effects on me.

In fact, it improved my work and home life shortly after starting the stuff, I would come home in a better mood everyday. Even my spouse noticed and asked me why I was so upbeat after coming home when my usual self was always a bit gloomy and miserable. I was able to stay up later into the night after coming home from my 12 hour shift as well, when i used to fall asleep on the couch, in other words I was in a better mood (still am) and I enjoy my time better now, sort of like when I was younger, anti-aging indeed. I had just the opposite effects datbtrue had speculated, it was and still is anti-depressant/anti-aging for me as far as mental state goes.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if EOD dosing leads to elevated cortisol levels but if it's only a slight increase according to studies then it's probably not worth worrying about. I will say I am more restless if I dose daily. As we know stress increases cortisol levels and given I feel much better, more relaxed, focused on EOD dosing it's possible the slight increase in cortisol if there is offset anyway.

Given how long I've been running MK I really should get some bloodwork done to determine where my hormones are at.

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
Keep doing what you're doing, I would imagine any extremely slight cortisol rise would normalize over time. Chart here in this article from mindandmuscle on mk677 and the beauty of modern science show it is negligible, and there really is no cortisol rise with mk677 as compared with ghrp2 and ghrp6 which do raise cortisol.

See mean cortisol chart midway in paper:
So not only does it work, but it lowers cortisol and doesn’t effect prolactin.
http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/beauty-modern-science-ibutamoren-mk-677/

snrub

Awards
I'm thinking it may of been since I was 25? From alot of posts I've read the younger guys get lethargic and depressed, the older guys it seems to do the opposite.

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is lethargy (which can exacerbate depression). MK can cause this in some people, but it is not related to MK-677's ghrelin mimetic effects. Exogenous GH does the same thing and it is not a ghrelin mimetic at all. Different issue. I appreciate the support, brother.
I disagree:

I have used up to 12iu of pharma US HGH a day. Yes the lethargy was present. No anxiety or depression were to report.

I’ve used up to 50mg MK677 a day. At all doses, anxiety, depression and jealousy were very much exacerbated

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Those are good tips snrub and ericos_bob. I would only be concerned that eod dosing might tend to keep cortisol slightly elevated, as every day dosing was found in studies to not elevate cortisol (sort of like when you drink coffee everyday). With everyday dosing, cortisol was only very slightly elevated for about 2 to 3 weeks in the beginning, then went completely normal after that with no elevations seen at all after that.

I guess everyone reacts differently. I have been using 25mk677 daily for 4 months now, no lethargy, increased energy, and great sense of well-being from the 1st week even until now at 4 months. Sleep is still excellent. I would however suggest starting at 15mg and slowing working up to 25mg over a period of 2 weeks. I experienced 1 day of lethargy in the very beginning, but not any since then. No depression whatsoever even at 4 months. A friend of mine got lethargy off 15mg for several days, but then it went away he said after about a week, with some, the lethargy never goes away. I find it strange that everyone reacts so differently. However, cjc-1295 dac caused bad lethargy for me, yet most get none from it. Just goes to show how we all differ.

Age is 48, beginning igf-1 baseline was 227. 2 weeks of mk677 brought me to 372 ng/ml. Increase of 145 points, this is huge for anti-aging and strength gains. I once tested 4iu of pharm grade chinese GH, it brought me to 380 (increase of 150 points). mk677 is the equivalent of 4iu GH for me personally, I strongly recommend having bloodwork done as it is only $69 for an igf-1 test. I have a labcore near my house which I use.

In 4 months of 200mg a week TRT + 25mg mk677 in the morning with my coffee + 8grams of HMB daily, I've made continuous weekly strength increases, being able to add 5 lbs to all upper body lifts weekly, and well beyond that to all my lower body lifts weekly...I am astounded by the combination of TRT + mk677 + HMB...absolutely love the combo of all 3. I do take in 50g of met-rx a day so that I can meet my daily 200g protein. The addition of the mk677 really helped me to blast through previous strength plateaus as well as keeping my joints well lubricated, love the stuff. Eggs + top sirloin + chicken + 1 protein shake a day are my top 4 protein sources.

I will keep you updated as I will continue to do bloodwork every 6 months to make sure it is keeping my igf-1 and gh way up there. 25mg mk677 daily brought me to the gh/igf-1 level of a gifted 16 year old, could not ask for more from this very inexpensive product. I will post my 4+ month bloodwork end of July after being on it over 4 months.

I'm a big fan of datbtrue, and have copies of all his papers from back in the day, and I have read some of the speculations he made on mk677 and it's unfounded/total speculation on it's possible link to depression/stress. I'm living proof that 4 months on the stuff had no such effects on me.

In fact, it improved my work and home life shortly after starting the stuff, I would come home in a better mood everyday. Even my spouse noticed and asked me why I was so upbeat after coming home when my usual self was always a bit gloomy and miserable. I was able to stay up later into the night after coming home from my 12 hour shift as well, when i used to fall asleep on the couch, in other words I was in a better mood (still am) and I enjoy my time better now, sort of like when I was younger, anti-aging indeed. I had just the opposite effects datbtrue had speculated, it was and still is anti-depressant/anti-aging for me as far as mental state goes.
I am having similar ppositive effects– I have been on for just over a month and I swear I feel better now than I have in at least 15 years. I’m also on TRT – but my protocol has not changed – only adding 12.5 mg of MK per night. No hunger, anxiety, lethargy at this dose and timing. Getting great pumps and extreme confidence and feelings of well-being and energy. I’m going to run this for several months – I’m hopeful that I don’t have any of the aforementioned issues in this post when I come off – but considering there is no suppression – I don’t think I will be any worse off than when I started. Keep us posted on your progress. Will do the same.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
- not even two weeks after I posted on how great I feel and I had a mild panic attack today and am also a bit insomniac. Wtf. I was feeling so good. I’m not going to pass judgment that it was MK yet because I got a lot of stress going on in my personal life hitting this week. Also I just started to ween off DHEA (25 mg) after many months and wondering if this had anything to do with it. I’ll stop the MK for a bit and see (I’ve been on two months and it has been wonderful - especially for my joints) I kind of feel like when I was trying a restart and dealing with Clomid sides (mind racing, can’t think clearly). It happened this morning and at night. (I dose MK nightly and the second attack happened a few hours later). Dunno - could it be DHEA withdrawal, MK, or just life in general catching up with me. Sucks because I literally felt bulletproof with my regiment up till now. Will post back when I figure this out.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
- not even two weeks after I posted on how great I feel and I had a mild panic attack today and am also a bit insomniac. Wtf. I was feeling so good. I’m not going to pass judgment that it was MK yet because I got a lot of stress going on in my personal life hitting this week. Also I just started to ween off DHEA (25 mg) after many months and wondering if this had anything to do with it. I’ll stop the MK for a bit and see (I’ve been on two months and it has been wonderful - especially for my joints) I kind of feel like when I was trying a restart and dealing with Clomid sides (mind racing, can’t think clearly). It happened this morning and at night. (I dose MK nightly and the second attack happened a few hours later). Dunno - could it be DHEA withdrawal, MK, or just life in general catching up with me. Sucks because I literally felt bulletproof with my regiment up till now. Will post back when I figure this out.
Ok. I got some answers and some good information. As a result of my sudden onset of anxiety, as well as information in this post I must’ve read about a dozen or so articles about the role of Ghrelin on anxiety. Thee is actually conflicting research -some studies point to ghrelin having an anti-anxiety effect while others show the opposite. Here is the best article I could find which summarizes both aspects, but concludes it has an anti anxiety effect:

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijpep/2010/460549/

this article states that Ghrenlin is expressed in fear/stress – induced mice but is actually a coping mechanism and does not cause the fear it self.

As for my situation – well – as I said I had a lot of stuff going on in my personal life – and I actually think that my anxiety was more related to my thyroid meds (too much T3) Over the last two days – I reduced my dose, – I did stop the MK – and I’m good to go.

Jollygood

Awards
Been a while so I wanted to give an update.

No actual panic attacks since posting above and stopping MK. I do believe my overall anxiety was much higher for a while and is probably still higher than before, though its possible that its more of a post-traumatic symptom having gone through those attacks caused by MK, and hopefully is unrelated to actual permanent neurological damage.

JESSIENAM

Awards
Hello from Europe.
My first post, and it has been caused by my experience in the last two weeks.
I'm sorry for my poor English, but I use the google translator a lot.
I have to start by saying that I have been searching for a week for information about the possible relationship between mk677 and anxieties / depression / panic ... because I have been in that possibility for two weeks.
I am 43 years old, training in various sports since I was 12 years old, and I have only started to try "something" this summer, with 8 weeks of LGD 10mg and later lightweight pct (gw5011516 and Clomid). After two months of rest I opted for 30 mg of mk2866 and 20 mg of mk677, with some good results, rising 5 kg (up to 99 kg) in 5 weeks, although I believe that a large part of the result was due to the increase of 2000 kcal plus each approximately.
However, I was able to test how fluid retention was visible mainly on thighs and abdomen, but I did not notice an increase in fat.
Up to here all right ... But at the end of the fourth week I suffered a very strong anxiety attack, with a strong feeling of panic, shortness of breath, hypertension and high pulsations up to 110. I had never suffered something similar. In the following days I suffered similar anxiety attacks, although not as intense.

JESSIENAM

Awards
After a week, in which I began to experience a huge lack of appetite and lack of thirst for water, I decided to immediately abandon the mk677 and the mk2866.

JESSIENAM

Awards
Today is Wednesday, and it has been 5 days since I left the mk. Since Monday I am taking Alprazolam, and the things have improved.
I must share with you that my blood pressure is normal and my ECG is also normal.
I also tell you that in these 5 days I have lost 3 kg, assuming that it has been for much less food consumption (a lot less food ... up to 1000 kcal per day ... but I was not able to because of the huge swollen abdomen ), and the loss of water.

JESSIENAM

Awards
I also strongly believe that I had a potassium (k) deficiency in my diet / supplementation, probably accentuated by the increased sodium / water retention. Eating foods with a high intake of potassium helped me fall asleep and relax in the days before treatment with Alprazolam.

JESSIENAM

Awards
I'm not in pct, and after 5 weeks I'm just not going to do it. I consider that it is not necessary, especially in the circumstance in which I find myself now.
My belief is that we are not all equally sensitive to chemicals, and to me in particular the mk677 does not seem to produce only good results.
I forgot to tell you that when I took it, the feeling of lethargy was constant, and although I gained weight and my joints improved (especially the chondromalacia of a knee), the impressions have been more positive with LGD.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I would consider attributing your anxiety attack to LGD. Hormones affect your mental wellness for better or worse. Test derivatives often make you feel fantastic while ON and miserable in PCT. Dry compounds (LGD does not provide any estrogen) can make you feel down right horrible late in a cycle without a testosterone base.

JESSIENAM

Awards
I understand what you tell me ... However, I finished my 8 weeks of LGD in August, I immediately made a pct with Cardarine and Clomid for 4 weeks, I continued my training with the standard supplements (bcaa, creatine, proteins, etc.). .), and I started the stack of mk's on November 14 ... and several attacks of anxiety, panic and fear of death ... since December 6?
It does not seem to me a consequence of the low doses and for a short time of LGD ...
But hey, I understand that it could be a possibility ... remote ...
Thanks!

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
For me, adding in the Hup A is what really makes my anxiety/wrestlessness worse than anything. I tried some Dac up to 5mg a week and 12.5 mg of Mk-day and felt fine. As soon as the dac hit, 25mg-per-day became uncomfortable and I cut the mk in half ,and I have used it up to 50mg/d in the past without any cjc dac just fine.

Raptor11

Awards
I dont mean to bump an old thread here. But, has anyone else gone through any of these of these side effects from MK677.
I can definitively say that it was the only thing i added to my trt and after about 6 weeks ISH. I had the worst panic/anxiety attack of my entire life. And they kept coming. Complete fear fight or flight. It has been right at 2 weeks since the last dose and the worst of the symptoms have gone a lot. But they linger. Each day I wake up wondering if they get me today.
I would to know if anyone else has gone through this and what all you did to you deal with it.
Thanks Guys.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont mean to bump an old thread here. But, has anyone else gone through any of these of these side effects from MK677.
I can definitively say that it was the only thing i added to my trt and after about 6 weeks ISH. I had the worst panic/anxiety attack of my entire life. And they kept coming. Complete fear fight or flight. It has been right at 2 weeks since the last dose and the worst of the symptoms have gone a lot. But they linger. Each day I wake up wondering if they get me today.
I would to know if anyone else has gone through this and what all you did to you deal with it.
Thanks Guys.
Believe me, there are many people with same experience. And yes, MK677 can bring Anxiety.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks Guys.
If it were me: I would use GABA, magnesium, maybe some kava or KSM-66. SNS Stress and Anxiety would be a nice ksm and theanine combo. Basically you want to turn DOWN the fight/flight. I would also AVOID any and all stims while taking my training lightly and easy, nothing that causes a huge recovery cost. This with TIME will hopefully get you right.

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
Damn
Some people say it doesn’t do anything for them, but when I was pinning GHRP-2, Ipamorelin, and CJC 3-4 times a day I had one of the best recomp effects anything has ever given me. Was eating slightly under maintenance and fat melted down/ built a bit of muscle.
Always thought MK would actually result in more sides… very good thread

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn
Some people say it doesn’t do anything for them, but when I was pinning GHRP-2, Ipamorelin, and CJC 3-4 times a day I had one of the best recomp effects anything has ever given me. Was eating slightly under maintenance and fat melted down/ built a bit of muscle.
Always thought MK would actually result in more sides… very good thread
Well when ghrelin is naturally HIGHLY pulsatile and thus the receptors are only being "activated" briefly and then nothing for most of the day..........................and then we come along and take synthetic mimetic that binds and activates said receptor non-stop 24hr/day I'm not surprised that issues may arise. I would think no issues would be more surprising to be honest.

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
Thanks Guys.
MK 677 was incredible my first run with it. Each time I ran it though I seemed to get more sides and less benefit. The last time I got quite bloated and felt the fear/anxiety noticably. Think I'm done with it now.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Part 1: The history and lies surrouding MK-677

Let me begin by stating the following fact. Very few people have made the claim that MK-677 has increased their anxiety levels. In the last 10 years (prior to this thread), not a single person, to my knowledge (and I've been around a LOT) has EVER reported this. I've seen probably over 1,000 people, prior to this thread, post about their experiences with MK-677 and NOT ONE person ever mentioned this being a side effect. I'm not saying no one ever made the claim, but simply that I've have never seen it until THIS thread. And why was this claim virtually non-existent until this thread began (2018)? There's one reason. It is because of Dat's dishonest article, but we'll address that in a bit.

For the reasons stated above, as well as others I will explain below, I adamantly deny that MK-677 is major contributor to anxiety. Remember, anxiety is EXTREMELY common in today's society. Even coffee can cause anxiety, especially in people who are teetering on the edge of anxiety issues. Take a look at the one guy's claim above. He said he experienced an increase in anxiety and fear when taking MK, but after a little bit of questioning, we find out that his entire life was in shambles during the time period he was using MK-677! So, what we have here is someone who is going through horrible life circumstances...and the first thing he thinks of is MK-677? Doesn't it seem much more likely that his horrible life circumstances were the primary cause of anxiety? Pegging MK-677 as "the cause" of his anxiety under these circumstances is a bit outrageous. His claim is similar to someone with life-long morbid obesity blaming his excessive appetite on his recent MK-677 usage.

Anyway, if GH peptides possessed substantial anxiety promoting effects, it would have been reported in at least a small percentage of users over the last 15 years, but this has not been the case...at all. I challenge anyone here to find ANYONE who publicly posted that MK-677 gave them anxiety PRIOR to Dat's article. Maybe you'll find one, maybe you won't, but what you will certainly find is that such claims were either exceedingly rare or non-existent altogether. Furthermore, it's also relevant to point out that not a single clinical study, which have involved literally 1,000's of people over the years (the same goes for all the other ghrelin mimetics, as well), has EVER reported anxiety as a side effect.

So, what we have here is an entire generation of users with either few or no people reporting this side effect, as well as an entire generation of clinical research without a single report...and yet, we are quick to jump to the conclusion that a ghrelin mimetic like MK-677 causes anxiety? Also, if you're not aware, it should be mentioned that Dat is well known to write fraudulent material for pay. Yes, has has been caught PURPOSELY trying to deceive the community by writing dishonest "scientific" articles for BIG dollars...because the people who hire him (owners of supplement companies) know that he is intelligent enough to be able to fool people. Basically, the average person isn't educated enough to see through his bull**** without extended study.

In addition, it's extremely important to note that the actual study Dat referenced for his "article" does NOT make the claim that DAT is making!!! At no point do the researchers say that MK causes anxiety or fear. They simply "speculate" that it MIGHT do so, but they also imply that the potential for this side effect, if it exists at all, is mild. Then, instead of citing the article accurately, DAT intentionally twists the truth in order to make it appear as if MK not only causes this side effect, but that it is a serious contributor. It is a TOTAL LIE! Yes, Dat lied and he knows it. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence, who actually read the original article by the "researchers would realize this immediately. Why did Dat do this? From what I've heard, one of his associates was planning on releasing anamorelin, and this hit piece on MK-677 was simply the first piece of propaganda designed to discourage people from using MK-677, so that that they could be more easily transitioned to anamorelin upon its release. He did not want people to draw any association between his hit piece and his future claim of anamorelin superiority, so it was disconnected from anything having to do with anamorelin and written well in advance of the new product's release. Regardless of the reason, Dat lied in his article, and that can't be disputed. Read the original researcher's article and you will see this for yourself. Dat lied. Period. The only question would be "why?", but I believe I answered that above.

The complete lack of anecdotal evidence until just recently, combined with the complete lack of clinical evidence, as well as the fact that Dat completely twisted both the meaning and tone of the original research, leads me to conclude that MK-677 induced anxiety is not something most people need to concern themselves with. GH peptides are and always have been recognized as "generally safe" by the medical community.

PART 2: Can MK-677 contribute to anxiety?

Understand this. Anxiety issues...all anxiety issues...are the result of an imbalance between the gabaergic system and the glutamatergic system. The gaba system is what calms us down, make us more relaxed, and reduces anxiety, while the glutamate system does the exact opposite. It is excitatory in nature. Under normal conditions, these two systems do their jobs in a balanced fashion, which results in a healthy, appropriate response to external stimuli. However, when these two systems fall out of balance (there are dozens of potential factors involved) and the glutamatergic system becomes unnecessarily upregulated, anxiety-fear can result.

What many people don't understand is that there is a threshold level of glutamatergic activation, at which anxiety becomes immediately apparent. In other words, someone could tread that fine line between normalcy and excitation, but as long as they don't cross that threshold, they won't experience anxiety. Believe me when I tell you that there are MANY people in today's society that have an imbalance between these two neurotransmitter systems, which is why so many people (millions of diagnosed cases in America alone) have serious anxiety issues.

There also a massive number of people who are very close to surpassing that threshold. For these people, anything that causes even a small increase in glutamatergic activity can push them over the edge. When this happens, the first thing most people think to themselves is "why is this happening?", but instead of assessing all the relevant factors, they tend to look at the most recent things in their life. They are looking for something to blame, rather than understanding that anxiety is the cumulative effect of all stressors combined.

Steroid users are especially prone to anxiety issues because of their effects on the glutamatergic system. Poor sleep (which many steroid users also experience), either in terms of duration or quality, is also a big factor in causing glutamatergic upregulation. Coffee, pre-workout stimulants, job stress, financial issues, relationship problems, etc., etc., etc., ALL cause excitation of the glutamatergic system. Some people are more resilient than others when it comes to dealing with stress, but EVERYONE will eventually reach the point of anxiety and panic attacks when it exceeds their own personal threshold.

Now, with that said, ghrelin mimetics can and do act as glutamatergic modulators, but the effect is considered mild, especially in comparison to some of the potential factors I mentioned above. This means that, while MK-677 can and does cause some degree of glutamatergic activation, it does not do so strongly enough to cause any sort of anxiety issues in those with healthy, well-functioning neurotransmitter system. It could, however, be the final straw that brakes the camel's back, so to speak. For these people, rather than placing the blame at the feet of a ghrelin mimetic, they would be wise to address what are certainly much more pressing matters...because no one with a healthy balance between gabaergic and glutamatergic function is going to begin experiencing anxiety-fear from MK-677.

Last edited:

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks Guys.
Have you had labs done recently? Just curious if your E2 is elevated.