Long acting Ghrelin mimetics (MK-677) = brain detrimental

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
Ibuprofen (400mg x3) daily will also help with water retention . There is a study proving it :)
No problem man. TY for sharing the info :)
Yeah im not crazy about taking that much ibuprofen for any length of time but good to know.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Every time I tried taking this stuff it made me feel a little strange in the head so I stopped. Tried a couple times this would make sense to me

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
Every time I tried taking this stuff it made me feel a little strange in the head so I stopped. Tried a couple times this would make sense to me
Really? What you just felt like off a bit or something?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really? What you just felt like off a bit or something?
For real, felt almost like a weird buzzing in my head and yeah, just felt off almost cloudy and buzzy... That's the best way I can describe it. It didn't feel right to me

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
For real, felt almost like a weird buzzing in my head and yeah, just felt off almost cloudy and buzzy... That's the best way I can describe it. It didn't feel right to me
Yeah that would make me stop use as well for sure. I would not stand for feeling like that for very long. Interesting, ill keep my eye out to see if anyone else mentions that. Thanks for posting it.

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
Its not "dangerous" as long you dont have ulcers :)
Yeah i know but nsaids can play hell on the kidneys so I am overly cautious when it comes to their use. High doses , long duration=bad news imo thats all.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah i know but nsaids can play hell on the kidneys so I am overly cautious when it comes to their use. High doses , long duration=bad news imo thats all.
I dont like NSAIDs either. I know some who eat them like PEZ candy

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that would make me stop use as well for sure. I would not stand for feeling like that for very long. Interesting, ill keep my eye out to see if anyone else mentions that. Thanks for posting it.

I feel similar at 25mg. Feels like my mind is stimulated but not in a good way. I wasn't any more alert than usual. Almost similar to anxiety. Just feel somehow not myself and it's impossible to feel at ease. I'm switching to a different source just to confirm the MK I'm running is legit.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Not sure. You could give it a try at a low dose of 12.5mg and if you do have adverse symptoms they should subside within a day or two of ceasing supplementation. Again I don't know if what I have is really MK although it fares well on product reviews.

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
ive had problems with depression and anxiety, does this mean i should stay away from mk677?
Thats pretty hard for anyone to answer man.Prob something you have to decide and figure out for yourself man.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
If its good quality, 25mg will actually be enough. MK677 has no issue with absorption so just swallow it.
Dont expect some huge gains from it.
Would you say 25mg is the minimum dose required for the boost in IGFBP3? I see people running 10mg for 6-12 months. Is that virtually useless for bodybuilding purposes?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would you say 25mg is the minimum dose required for the boost in IGFBP3? I see people running 10mg for 6-12 months. Is that virtually useless for bodybuilding purposes?
25mg is sweet spot. Low on sides and proven to be effective. The truth is, people expect to much from Mk677. It is not like injecting real GH (solid dosed)

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
25mg is sweet spot. Low on sides and proven to be effective. The truth is, people expect to much from Mk677. It is not like injecting real GH (solid dosed)
Thanks bro.

snickerhoohar

Awards
You have bothing to be affraid of.
1. Dose of Atractylodes found in Letrone is not high enough
2. Atractylodes will not secrete Ghrelin directly
do you have a source for this info? just curious to know more

heyboy

Banned
Awards
I think we are not able to feel the symptoms, but if mk-677 is taken every day the neurons will be under chronic huge amount of stess and potentially being damaged.

I don't know about Letrone, but keep in mind that a ghrelin agonist is harmful only if it chronically increases ghrelin. A short term increase should be good.
what about if i take it 5 days on 2 days off?

snickerhoohar

Awards
What would you like to know ?

^^Proof of this

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

^^Proof of this
Is this some kind of joke? There is nothing to prove. But since you ask , ok.

1. One cap of Letrone contain blend of Atractylodes and Rice Flour 500mg.
How do we know how much of Atracrylodes it is in the cap. It is the most shady way to hide low dosed ingredients (mixing with Rice floor).
Even if one cap was 500mg 100% Atracrylodes, the recommended daily dose of 2 caps would still be to low dose! In KAMPO medicies its used 4g or more.

2. I will suggest you to read Studies done on Rikkunsh!to and you will understand that Atracrylodes is just one of few ingredients that has effect on Ghrelin. (Not the only one)

snickerhoohar

Awards
Is this some kind of joke? There is nothing to prove. But since you ask , ok.

1. One cap of Letrone contain blend of Atractylodes and Rice Flour 500mg.
How do we know how much of Atracrylodes it is in the cap. It is the most shady way to hide low dosed ingredients (mixing with Rice floor).
Even if one cap was 500mg 100% Atracrylodes, the recommended daily dose of 2 caps would still be to low dose! In medicines its used 4g or more.

2. I will suggest you to read Studies done on Rikkunsh!to and you will understand that Atracrylodes is just one of few ingredients that has effect on Ghrelin.
No it wasn't a joke. Thanks for answering

Lucianooo

Lucianooo

Awards
  • Established
Exactly to me is an excellent anti-catabolic keeps your gh level high even on cutting, I'm on keto atm and I didn't loose any strenght gains at all. That been said, in terms of anabolic/fat burning effects is not even close to real hgh

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Just catching up on this thread – and long term MK 677 user here. Personally – I've had nothing but great success in this compound in terms of the healing and other benefits – and I only run about 10 to 12 MGs. I need to read up on the studies mentioned at the beginning of this post – but the clinical trials – which ran up to two years – indicated nothing about desensitizing receptors. In fact - it shows the opposite. As far as anxiety goes - I've also had the opposite effect - mostly calm and well being - and I am anxiety prone with a stressful job. I am more productive and calm when running this.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Just found the below article on the topic. It showed that Ghrelin actually serves as a buffer to stress-related events (in Rats at least). It kind of makes sense - Ghrelin is secreted by the brain to tell you you need to eat. It kind of makes sense from a survival standpoint that it would actually reduce stress to allow humans to adapt / hunt for food. However, the article also shows that morbidly obese people secrete more and are more depressed but it's not clear if the Ghrelin is a cause or effect of the obesity. Here's my take - the pulsatile effects of MK677 used in doses that put us in the high normal range should be ok. I will research more and post back. http://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/ijpep/2010/460549.pdf.

heyboy

Banned
Awards
Just catching up on this thread – and long term MK 677 user here. Personally – I've had nothing but great success in this compound in terms of the healing and other benefits – and I only run about 10 to 12 MGs. I need to read up on the studies mentioned at the beginning of this post – but the clinical trials – which ran up to two years – indicated nothing about desensitizing receptors. In fact - it shows the opposite. As far as anxiety goes - I've also had the opposite effect - mostly calm and well being - and I am anxiety prone with a stressful job. I am more productive and calm when running this.
how do you cycle it? 5 days on 2 days on year round?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will bring some more info about MK677 soon.
Scientists who ran MK677 studies will share some new info and I will post here

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I run it 2 months on - 12 mg/ day or so every day. Then take 2 months off.

heyboy

Banned
Awards
I run it 2 months on - 12 mg/ day or so every day. Then take 2 months off.
why dont you run it longer?
what made you decide to cycle it like that?

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
why dont you run it longer?
what made you decide to cycle it like that?
Just a personal preference. I don't like being on anything too long. First time I ran it longer - good results. Seems like the longer you are on, the better it works. I'm running it now - about 3 weeks in getting great results. I'm going to throw in some Rad140 as well for 6-8 weeks along with the MK.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Just found the below article on the topic. It showed that Ghrelin actually serves as a buffer to stress-related events (in Rats at least). It kind of makes sense - Ghrelin is secreted by the brain to tell you you need to eat. It kind of makes sense from a survival standpoint that it would actually reduce stress to allow humans to adapt / hunt for food. However, the article also shows that morbidly obese people secrete more and are more depressed but it's not clear if the Ghrelin is a cause or effect of the obesity. Here's my take - the pulsatile effects of MK677 used in doses that put us in the high normal range should be ok. I will research more and post back. http://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/ijpep/2010/460549.pdf.
The article on page 1 also discusses the benefits of acute ghrelin mimetics. If obese people secrete more ghrelin and IF they are as a result more depressed would it not stand to reason that for MK677 to put us in the high normal range isn't any less detrimental. Just too many unanswered questions. I do hope there are further studies on MK677 as i have myself loved the benefits I've seen during it's use but have decided to step aside until more studies shed light on it's potential pitfalls.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The article on page 1 also discusses the benefits of acute ghrelin mimetics. If obese people secrete more ghrelin and IF they are as a result more depressed would it not stand to reason that for MK677 to put us in the high normal range isn't any less detrimental. Just too many unanswered questions. I do hope there are further studies on MK677 as i have myself loved the benefits I've seen during it's use but have decided to step aside until more studies shed light on it's potential pitfalls.
How long did you us it to see results?

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
It depends on which benefits we're talking about. I noticed improved pumps within the first few weeks. Got to the point where I'd finish a set early because my muscles were so engorged. It felt amazing and is what I miss most about running MK. Improved body composition was noticeable around 4 months in. I also felt like i was immune to the niggles and pains I'd get through heavy lifting when I wasn't running MK. body felt primed for every workout. It's a feel good compound. Subtle but noticeable especially in hindsight when you stop taking it for a while. When I first started MK I experienced some pretty horrible sides such as insomnia and anxiety. I felt mentally stimulated in a strange way. Lowering the dose and loading up gradually over a month or so the sides disappeared altogether and I started to reap the benefits. I guess after happening upon the original article in this thread and having experienced anxiety and insomnia on MK made me wonder if despite my having developed a tolerance to the sides perhaps there were areas of my brain being chronically stimulated and causing unknown detrimental changes. Clearly MK677 acts as more than just a growth hormone secretagogue in the brain.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It depends on which benefits we're talking about. I noticed improved pumps within the first few weeks. Got to the point where I'd finish a set early because my muscles were so engorged. It felt amazing and is what I miss most about running MK. Improved body composition was noticeable around 4 months in. I also felt like i was immune to the niggles and pains I'd get through heavy lifting when I wasn't running MK. body felt primed for every workout. It's a feel good compound. Subtle but noticeable especially in hindsight when you stop taking it for a while. When I first started MK I experienced some pretty horrible sides such as insomnia and anxiety. I felt mentally stimulated in a strange way. Lowering the dose and loading up gradually over a month or so the sides disappeared altogether and I started to reap the benefits. I guess after happening upon the original article in this thread and having experienced anxiety and insomnia on MK made me wonder if despite my having developed a tolerance to the sides perhaps there were areas of my brain being chronically stimulated and causing unknown detrimental changes. Clearly MK677 acts as more than just a growth hormone secretagogue in the brain.
A buddy and I both felt a great sense of euphoria and well being immediately. I did develop some anxiety. We both ballooned up on it. Could not eat enough food. It turned our stomachs into a bottomless pits. Got too big. Great for a bulk imo

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Nice work and I totally agree it'd be amazing for a bulk..I do miss it.. I have a year supply of MK in storage. Always tempted to give it another run.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I'm adding a bit of Rad-140 into the mix. We'll see how it goes.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
That's what I'm still waiting on. Did take a 25mg dose of MK this morning after 3 months off. First side was an unbelievable bout of lethargy about an hour after administration. I went to have a nap and woke up starving with low blood sugar symptoms (weak legs) and had no choice but to eat the entire fridge. It helped! Considering I never got the hunger sides in the past due to gradual loading (5mg+) it has been a new experience. I'm on a deload from running GVT program and it calls for a caloric surplus. I'm still on the fence about continuing use and will use it sporadically for the time being. It occurs to me that as an appetite stimulant alone it can be very powerful.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
That's what I'm still waiting on. Did take a 25mg dose of MK this morning after 3 months off. First side was an unbelievable bout of lethargy about an hour after administration. I went to have a nap and woke up starving with low blood sugar symptoms (weak legs) and had no choice but to eat the entire fridge. It helped! Considering I never got the hunger sides in the past due to gradual loading (5mg+) it has been a new experience. I'm on a deload from running GVT program and it calls for a caloric surplus. I'm still on the fence about continuing use and will use it sporadically for the time being. It occurs to me that as an appetite stimulant alone it can be very powerful.
I had similar sides when I started at 25 mg along with bloating. It was just too much. I typically take 5-12.5 mg at night with zero sides. I think a very reasonable protocol would be to run it for 2 - 4 weeks at a time to provide healing and muscle retention during a cut - or also as a way to put on some mass during a bulk. That being said - a lot of the weight gained on MK quickly evaporates within a week of coming off - which makes me think there is some water retention even at the lower dose.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had similar sides when I started at 25 mg along with bloating. It was just too much. I typically take 5-12.5 mg at night with zero sides. I think a very reasonable protocol would be to run it for 2 - 4 weeks at a time to provide healing and muscle retention during a cut - or also as a way to put on some mass during a bulk. That being said - a lot of the weight gained on MK quickly evaporates within a week of coming off - which makes me think there is some water retention even at the lower dose.
What brand of MK677?

I find it very strange how some people get plenty of water retention with MK677.

Some of guys I know very well got no water retention when trying pharma grade MK677.
I am very concerned about the quality supplement companies provide

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I don't get the water retention from MK or atleast it isn't noticeable. I do think MK sides are very subjective and not necessarily down to product quality.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just become a slug, barely get out of bed and go about daily activities.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
First time i used it I had insomnia and anxiety. Too much energy to know what to do with. Last nights dose allowed both an afternoon nap and the best night sleep in as many months since I stopped MK. Never felt so refreshed waking up. Same source, opposite experience. I don't understand it. Perhaps I still have some tolerance, a permanent receptor down regulation in areas of the brain responsible for the anxiety and stimulating effects I'd had in the past.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
This is why even though in the past I was fairly experimental (tried numerous AAS and even humalog post workout with one cycle) I am pretty skeptical about trying these various new chems without a decade or more of understanding of their long term effects. We have a pretty good idea based on 50+ years availability how AAS affects people, but not with SARMs and peptides.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
First time i used it I had insomnia and anxiety. Too much energy to know what to do with. Last nights dose allowed both an afternoon nap and the best night sleep in as many months since I stopped MK. Never felt so refreshed waking up. Same source, opposite experience. I don't understand it. Perhaps I still have some tolerance, a permanent receptor down regulation in areas of the brain responsible for the anxiety and stimulating effects I'd had in the past.
When you were having the anxiety -were you taking anything else? Anxiety is a strange beast. And you never know when it sneaks up on you. I was trying to recover from a Sarms cycle last year – and started with a pretty standard pct of 40 mg Nolvadex and 50 mg clomid. Four days into it and I would've literally jumped out a window to stop the anxiety and insomnia. But here's the thing – it persisted for about three weeks afterward. I actually started taking some other meds a few weeks later – and thought it triggered my anxiety – but it was actually just the SERMs working their way out of my system. I've never seen anxiety or insomnia listed as a side effect from MK 677 - it may have been a bad batch as you indicated

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mate took it for 12 months, low dose and no issues.

Honestly, half my mates booze every weekend and I'm sure they cause more damage long term than 99% of supplements.