Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s funny how the heavy incline makes more sense to come before the volume close grip flat work, but because you didn’t want to adjust the bar height twice you knocked it out prior. I totally get that

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s funny how the heavy incline makes more sense to come before the volume close grip flat work, but because you didn’t want to adjust the bar height twice you knocked it out prior. I totally get that
This was exactly my thought process. Also, I’d have to switch benches. Haha too much work

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Trap dead’s aren’t real dead’s but I’m getting there haha. This felt good. I was gonna keep going but I’m trying to stay injury free and this is the exercise that always sets me back. I’m ready to get this thing going.

Trap dead’s
5x135x2/175/225
3x250
1x275/315/345/385

Chest supported seated row
6x170x3

Bent over db rows
8x75
6x100x2

Reverse hyper
10x90x2

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tested my squats today. I’m very pleased. 415 was a grinder but I got it. I feel like I’m in a good place strength wise.

Squats
5x135/165
3x195
5x245
1x275/315/365/415

Leverage squats
8x70
6x140x2

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice job! Also great that it’s not hurting your back. Being in a productive place to keep training & progressing is fundamental.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Military press
5x75/95
3x115
5x135
3x155
1x175/195/205/225

Very high incline db press
8x60
6x75/85
10x85

PL BTN press
10x1pps x2
5x2pps x2

Facepulls 40 reps

I’m ready for a Deload. 225 felt way heavier today then it should’ve. I think I’ll buy myself some new elbow sleeves for Christmas. These feel slightly loose and blown out. Love Cerberus gear though, I just need a super tight pair for going heavy I think.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Their heavy sleeves, the multiply woven red ones, those have the most carryover. But they’re not for wearing throughout the session the way neoprene is, so you may be better off with the red neoprene ones. The heavy sleeves are something you’d want to take off pretty soon after the lift.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Their heavy sleeves, the multiply woven red ones, those have the most carryover. But they’re not for wearing throughout the session the way neoprene is, so you may be better off with the red neoprene ones. The heavy sleeves are something you’d want to take off pretty soon after the lift.
Yea I have the black 5mm was gonna pick up the red 7mm and only put those on during max sets

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea I have the black 5mm was gonna pick up the red 7mm and only put those on during max sets
You max actually want the super heavy sleeves then. Just don’t order them very tight. I got an oversized pair for my knees and trust me they are plenty tight; the thickness of the weave takes care of the support so maximal tightness isn’t necessary for big carryover. And they are harder to pull up solo than neoprene.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You max actually want the super heavy sleeves then. Just don’t order them very tight. I got an oversized pair for my knees and trust me they are plenty tight; the thickness of the weave takes care of the support so maximal tightness isn’t necessary for big carryover. And they are harder to pull up solo than neoprene.
2-ply or 3-ply?

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Triple-ply elbow sleeves ordered
90mg xtren/4 pumps 4andro

Deload starts tomorrow.

Also I just found some Pure Oils DMZ 25mg I forgot I had. Might run this for the last 4wks rather than msten or sd.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just like everyone else I think I’m getting sick again. I’m gonna continue on as planned unless I can no longer train.

Started my Deload today with squats. No pwo before this session as today I wanna take it easy and not run myself down anymore. Tomorrow with be Deload bench. I’ll re-access how I’m feeling then. Right now it’s just a cough and hacking up yellow. However, the bartender I always work with over the weekend has a pretty bad fever so who knows.

In other news I’m pretty upset today because
1) Poison the Well cancelled their show last night due to Covid. I was so ready for that pit.
2) a local gym owner is selling a hammer strength seated iso leg press for $150, body masters 200lb stack leg extension $150 and another traditional leg press for $75… I just don’t have the room. I contacted him thinking it was a typo and he said if you’re interested come right away because for some reason I’ve gotten a lot of inquiries. For some reason??????!!!
Squat Deload -Ssb
8x135
5x185x2
5x225x2

Hatfields Ssb
5x225/275x3

Hyper leg extensions
20x90x3
IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG
IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG

Attachments

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd love the leg press! Unfortunately I have no way of transporting it to my home... but unreal price!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those are insane prices. Like, I’m expecting it’s a trap to get kidnapped by cartel members or something if my family doesn’t pay. Too good to be true.

I have kicked the notion by my wife of making the garage strictly a gym (I already park outside) but it was a solid No. If I ever get the room somewhere else, I would love a lying leg curl, belt squat or legpress, and lat Pulldown w/ low row. And a db rack!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Those are insane prices. Like, I’m expecting it’s a trap to get kidnapped by cartel members or something if my family doesn’t pay. Too good to be true.

I have kicked the notion by my wife of making the garage strictly a gym (I already park outside) but it was a solid No. If I ever get the room somewhere else, I would love a lying leg curl, belt squat or legpress, and lat Pulldown w/ low row. And a db rack!
It’s like 5min from my house too. I wish I never saw this ad.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
^^^willing to bet he got a big ol’ box of designers, etc he no longer needs any more?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

i think they forgot a 0

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i think they forgot a 0
That’s what I figured. After speaking to him and everything selling hours later, this was just a Christmas miracle for someone. A set of commercial dumbbells and rack 5-100lb that he sold immediately for $300 is back up for $1500 from someone else…

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok so I think it’s just a cold. I’m moving forward.

I had to really stop myself from going heavy today. I just had this fire in me that wanted to get after it. I know there’s plenty time for that in the coming weeks. Skullcrushers with the Texas power bar were fun. I usually use an ez curl for these but the power bar was already in place haha.

Bench
5x95/135x3/155/175

Incline DB bench
8x50/60
12x60
6x75

Incline flye machine 3x10

CG bench
10, 10, 8 x135

Skullcrushers (power bar)
7 x95 x3

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I’m thinking about running the x-tren for 7wks. 30 days at 90mg and 20 days at 120mg. Or do you guys think I should just ride out 90mg since I’m adding the epistane and possibly DMZ?

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Weight feeling much lighter today. Tried out the triple ply sleeves on the last 2 sets of military. In hindsight I should’ve skipped 185. If I had done this I would’ve tried 205x5 for my last joker set. Either way, all these reps were done slow and controlled. As I’m typing this I can already feel the soreness in my traps. My arms are so pumped that it’s hard to bend at the elbows.

Military
5x75/95
3x115
5x135/155/175/185/195

Btn military press
6x95x3

PL shoulder press
12x1pps x3

PL side delt raises

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Were the sleeves what you expected?
Honestly, they’ve exceeded my expectations. It’s like when I put my Inzer belt on before squatting heavy…once they were on I felt confident. Definitely see why they can’t be used a whole session. After I racked the weight they needed to come off as it felt like my arms would explode.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly, they’ve exceeded my expectations. It’s like when I put my Inzer belt on before squatting heavy…once they were on I felt confident. Definitely see why they can’t be used a whole session. After I racked the weight they needed to come off as it felt like my arms would explode.
Game changing

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I actually have heard of guys hurting biceps because they left ultra heavy sleeves on for WAY too long at contests. You gotta let that blood get back in there at some point, right? But for a few top sets, it’s all good.

At shows, we pull them off between the last warmups and the actual event, but that’s because we’re on their time so it’s hurry up & wait. But in training, you just budget them for the final work if you don’t have a partner to help them off and on. If they need to stay on a long time, that’s where neoprene shines.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I actually have heard of guys hurting biceps because they left ultra heavy sleeves on for WAY too long at contests. You gotta let that blood get back in there at some point, right? But for a few top sets, it’s all good.

At shows, we pull them off between the last warmups and the actual event, but that’s because we’re on their time so it’s hurry up & wait. But in training, you just budget them for the final work if you don’t have a partner to help them off and on. If they need to stay on a long time, that’s where neoprene shines.
I took your advice and bought them a size up. They go on pretty easy but still do the job.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I took your advice and bought them a size up. They go on pretty easy but still do the job.
You can stack stuff sometimes too, if you can make it work. Like I have pulled neoprene sleeves over hoodie sleeves, then pulled an old slingshot cuff over the middle of those, then a slingshot on top of all that - definitely helps you cheat harder!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Threw down 6mg Boladiol before squats. They felt great but I was gassed afterward. 5x325 didn’t feel super heavy and I was able to get some quality reps. I did almost **** myself on rep 3 haha.

Squats
5x135/165/195/225/245/275/295/325

Hatfields Ssb
8x135
5x225x2

Hyper leg extensions
20x90x3

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I remember prepping for my 600lb squat, remember doing my 5th Set AMRAP in the living room with nobody home. Couldn’t even get any spotter arms due to lockdown, just the Titan drop pads on the carpet in case I had to dump. This was THE set that mattered; it only comes every 9 days and the squat is what I was truly pushing.

Rep 3, I felt it suddenly - I had to have been touching cotton.

Nobody was there, and I was determined, so I said screw it and blasted out another 4 reps. Turns out I basically held it in somehow. Fortune favors the bold!!!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I remember prepping for my 600lb squat, remember doing my 5th Set AMRAP in the living room with nobody home. Couldn’t even get any spotter arms due to lockdown, just the Titan drop pads on the carpet in case I had to dump. This was THE set that mattered; it only comes every 9 days and the squat is what I was truly pushing.

Rep 3, I felt it suddenly - I had to have been touching cotton.

Nobody was there, and I was determined, so I said screw it and blasted out another 4 reps. Turns out I basically held it in somehow. Fortune favors the bold!!!
Hahahaha

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Today was supposed to be my bench day. I went to bed at 7pm last night right after work, feeling like dog ****. Got 3 days in this week so I’m taking the day off. Went out and bought some meds and a thermometer. No fever. I plan on continuing on as I think it’ll pass. We’ll see.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Feel better homie. Get some warm chicken broth in you.

That bare steel power bar is calling my name…I have to find a way to get back to her…
I’m aiming for Monday to be reunited with the ole Buddy Capp, my Ohio power bar must be jealous since she never gets used. That needs to change…

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Threw down 6mg Boladiol before squats. They felt great but I was gassed afterward. 5x325 didn’t feel super heavy and I was able to get some quality reps. I did almost **** myself on rep 3 haha.

Squats
5x135/165/195/225/245/275/295/325

Hatfields Ssb
8x135
5x225x2

Hyper leg extensions
20x90x3
One can never trust a popsie whilst deadlifting

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As much as I don’t wanna do this I think I may need to stop this blast. I just can’t get back to feeling 100%. I’m only about a week in so I may just pause it for a week and pick back up. Philly is getting beat up with this variant. Businesses keep closing around me and it’s inevitable that people are going to keep getting sick. Working around 100’s of people a day makes it hard for me to get better. This is the plan at the moment unless I miraculously spring to life haha.