Log...it’s better than bad it’s good

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Been sick as hell since late Monday night. Felt good to get some blow flowing on this quick Deload session.

Squat
10x95/135x10x2
5x185x3
1x225x3

SL db dead’s
10x25x3

Reverse hyper leg extensions
20x140x3

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I got a Covid booster Monday. 2am I woke up feeling like I was detoxing from dope. Absolutely miserable. Flu like symptoms for 2 days.
yeah i had that on my 2nd moderna shot....and 101 temp...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I got a Covid booster Monday. 2am I woke up feeling like I was detoxing from dope. Absolutely miserable. Flu like symptoms for 2 days.
Ahhh yeah well can’t say you didn’t expect it then; at least you know it will pass. Keep your sodium and fluids up.

That’s actually why I never get flu shots anymore - I routinely respond like that to those, but virtually never seem to get the actual flu without one. Doesn’t make sense for me personally to miss 1-2 days of work every year instead of 3-5 days once a decade!

My wife’s cough has settled down and she’s getting less congested, but I’m still blowing yellow snot over here

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ahhh yeah well can’t say you didn’t expect it then; at least you know it will pass. Keep your sodium and fluids up.

That’s actually why I never get flu shots anymore - I routinely respond like that to those, but virtually never seem to get the actual flu without one. Doesn’t make sense for me personally to miss 1-2 days of work every year instead of 3-5 days once a decade!

My wife’s cough has settled down and she’s getting less congested, but I’m still blowing yellow snot over here
Oh yea I don’t miss work

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I can’t train today because I need Saturday off so I’m working today. Thinking about starting another wave of 5/3/1 tomorrow or maybe just programming some stuff myself bench being my main focus. What do you all think? Trying to really get back on track before my next blast

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I can’t train today because I need Saturday off so I’m working today. Thinking about starting another wave of 5/3/1 tomorrow or maybe just programming some stuff myself bench being my main focus. What do you all think? Trying to really get back on track before my next blast
Make a plan you feel you can stick to and go with it. I don’t know how long it will be before you go back on blast, but I do set my training and drugs up together - I will hold off on a blast if my training isn’t ready for it yet, for example.

I like to do 3-4 week blocks and look at them in sequence at least a couple waves in a row. Whether using 5/3/1 or something else. Ie figure out your weekly training split, 3-4 real days and 0-1 minor sessions, then figure out the loading scheme. 5/3/1 waves, 3/5/1, something like 3-4 sets of 8s, 6s, 3s, then repeat the 3 weeks trying to improve from last time, whatever sounds good really. Then a deload week after those 6 weeks. Or if going on sooner, maybe a bit more intense single 3 week wave then a Deload, then the blast training begins.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
5/3/1 it is. Bench went well. I’m ready to get after it again.

Bench
5x100/125
3x150
5x165/190/215/235/245

Incline db press
8x40/60x3

Ssb JM press
8x95x2
5x115/135x2/155

Lying db extensions (across chest)
10x25x2

Overhead cable extensions
Cable pullovers
Single arm cable push downs

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Hyde what is this exercise called? Idk that I ever heard an actual name

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde what is this exercise called? Idk that I ever heard an actual name
I would call it just what you did, a Lying DB Tri Extension.

The Williams Extension is where you roll the triceps extension inwards with the dbs pressing against each other as they roll. Later referred to as a Tate Press by guys who trained with Dave Tate, who took zero credit for it but just did it because it didn’t hurt his elbows. But it kinda stuck as well. I dig it, because it also doesn’t hurt me that much lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always called them cross-body tricep extensions. Not that it matters much what it’s called. I love doing them with KBs too.

Looking forward to your 531 progress.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
After work pull session. High handle dead’s are getting programmed. They feel good. Gonna start out super light on these and see how it goes. Got legs in the morning and I’m excited to try out a new(to me) Ssb accessory.

High handle trap dead’s
5x135/155
3x175
5x190/220/250

Bb rows
8x95/135/185
6x205

Db rows( bent over, hand on rack)
8x75/100x3

Ez bar strict curl
8x45
5x85x3

Reverse hyper
10x140x2

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Slow going session. Really poor sleep last night. Ran out of gas completely during box squats. I’m happy with how fast my squats moved and how comfortable Hatfields feel. Can’t believe I just found out about these.

Squats
5x135/160/195/210/245
10x275 amrap

Ssb Hatfield squats
5x135/225/275x2/315

Ssb box squats
5x225x2

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dr. Hatfield was also a huge proponent of pulling on the trapbar most of the time, and only deadlifting with a straight bar in direct preparation for an upcoming meet. He believed the Trapbar really helped spare the low back from excessive abuse, and he squat almost exclusively with the SSB and pulling himself with the lats in offseason because it allows a safe overload for the squat too.

The guy’s results speak for themselves!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday off from work. Concert tonight, starting the morning with shoulders. Gonna be a good day.

Military press
5x70/90/110
3x115
5x135/155/170

PL shoulder press(BTN)
12x1pps
8x2pps x3

PL side delt raises 3x10

Facepulls 4x20

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dr. Hatfield was also a huge proponent of pulling on the trapbar most of the time, and only deadlifting with a straight bar in direct preparation for an upcoming meet. He believed the Trapbar really helped spare the low back from excessive abuse, and he squat almost exclusively with the SSB and pulling himself with the lats in offseason because it allows a safe overload for the squat too.

The guy’s results speak for themselves!
i use a trap bar roughly 50% off the time for pulls off blast (and all my heaviest pull work is on the TB) to spare my low back when I know my recovery isn’t benefiting from the drugs. I still straight bar squat so my back has that but using the TB plus a home belt squat attachment for my rig really made a big difference to my ability to keep moving heavy weight without destroying myself in the process

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Gonna try and get 2 training days in this week. Came down with a wicked cold/sore throat type thing since Saturday. Hopefully, this will be it for the winter as I don’t usually get sick. All I wanna do is sleep on my days off so training is out of the question. Hope you’re all doing well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gonna try and get 2 training days in this week. Came down with a wicked cold/sore throat type thing since Saturday. Hopefully, this will be it for the winter as I don’t usually get sick. All I wanna do is sleep on my days off so training is out of the question. Hope you’re all doing well.
Feel better man! My wife had a cold last week, I’m wrapping up with it, and my son is still home from daycare today getting over the same. Warm chicken stock is something nice to drink daily to keep that salt intake up. If your body feels so bad you don’t want to train, don’t. Take a very short walk in the sunlight if you can snag any and let your body get some rest. Zinc is always helpful!

If you aren’t blowing any yellow snarf, I’d get tested for COVID so you know what you are/aren’t working with.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Feel better man! My wife had a cold last week, I’m wrapping up with it, and my son is still home from daycare today getting over the same. Warm chicken stock is something nice to drink daily to keep that salt intake up. If your body feels so bad you don’t want to train, don’t. Take a very short walk in the sunlight if you can snag any and let your body get some rest. Zinc is always helpful!

If you aren’t blowing any yellow snarf, I’d get tested for COVID so you know what you are/aren’t working with.
Oh we got yellow haha

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Back to training. I’m really happy with this bench 3 session, especially after being sick. Also, stoked that CG bench felt painless for the first time in a long time. Just wanted to get under the bar and hit these 2 and some accessory and call it. Very happy with how today went.
Bench
5x100/125
3x150/175/200/225/245/265/285

CG Bench
10x135x2
8x185
6x205

Rope push downs 60 reps
Overhead tricep extensions 30 reps

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I feel strong and focused. I think being sick was a blessing in disguise. I took my time with this back day and really focused on my upper back.

The plan is to run the xtren with epistane in the coming weeks. I don’t have an exact date as right now I wanna get my training really dialed in and stay injury free. Also, my hours at work have slightly changed as I bartend mini raves on Friday and Saturday night haha. Life is good and witnessing my life change through sober eyes is pretty cool.

Reverse hyper
10x90x2

Trap dead’s
5x135x2
3x175/205/235/265/315/365

Rack pulls
5x135/225/315/405

Bb rows
10x135x3

Single arm PL chest supported row
10x35
8x60
6x85x2

Facepulls 30 reps

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What is your base going to be for the Spawn run? You going to do some stanogen & a bit of DHEA or what are you thinking?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you’re feeling so good man!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Happy Thanksgiving, got some leg work in before I eat myself into a coma. Bad un-rack on 345 made me “fear” the weight. Couldn’t recover from this so I stripped it and went for 10. Still loving the Hatfields. Used my reverse hyper exclusively for accessory work. What a versatile piece of equipment.

Squats
5x135/165
3x195/225/265/295/315
2x345(bad unrack)
Stripped weight and went for it
10x225

Hatfields
8x135
6x225/275
4x315

Hyper leg curls
20x90x3

Hyper standing single leg raises
20x90x2

Hyper seated leg raises
15x90x2

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Happy Thanksgiving, got some leg work in before I eat myself into a coma. Bad un-rack on 345 made me “fear” the weight. Couldn’t recover from this so I stripped it and went for 10. Still loving the Hatfields. Used my reverse hyper exclusively for accessory work. What a versatile piece of equipment.

Squats
5x135/165
3x195/225/265/295/315
2x345(bad unrack)
Stripped weight and went for it
10x225

Hatfields
8x135
6x225/275
4x315

Hyper leg curls
20x90x3

Hyper standing single leg raises
20x90x2

Hyper seated leg raises
15x90x2
Wise move bro! Live to squat another day.

Happy thanksgiving my man, enjoy the tucker!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How do you do seated leg raises? You don’t mean extensions (bending at the knee), you mean raises (at the hip), right?