Log...it’s better than bad it’s good

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I’m starting a cycle of M1a/3ad with an epistane finisher. After talking to @Hyde about that and my training I’ve taken his suggestions to take my strength to the next level.
I’m running 5/3/1 and today was my pull day for week 3. Note- I’ve substituted rackpulls for deadlifts and seated military for ohp. Deadlifts don’t agree with a lingering sciatic issue and my basement ceiling is too short for ohp.

Pwo - 2 scoops juice daddy w/ 5g creatine mono
100mg 3ad
30mg M1a

Workout
Rackpulls 5x120/150/180/230, 3x260, 4x290

Bents over rows with cambered multigrip football bar - 5 x115

Squats - 135x10x3
135(with 50lb chains per side) x8x3
Through in some latpulldowns and some weighted cable lunges at the end as well
Starting weight is 191.4lb
@ZOO @Humbl3 @BloodManor

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Nice dude!!
Thanks for the tag as well 👍🏻
Kill it

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 2

30mg m1a/100mg 3ad

I was considering taken today off but on my way home I felt like I could really get after my week3 squat day after the lunch I ate haha.
Pwo 1.5scoops juice daddy/1 cap spook(amp citrate)/5g creatine mono

Squats -(Texas squat bar)
55x10x2/110x10x2
5x150
5x185
3x225
5x280
3x320
5x355 PR

Safety squats
135x10x2
225x5/6/5

I felt great today and hit a pr, which honestly I didn’t see coming and I probably had one more in me but did wanna injure myself. I’ve only been squatting regularly again over the past 6 months.
Nothing to note otherwise as it’s day 2 but if I keep progressing that’s all I want. Safety squat bar is a whole different animal and I love how my quads feel right now.
IMG_8438.JPG
IMG_8439.JPG

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great job on the PR!

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just to sure... your kickstart of cycle is an oral and the "finisher" is another oral? So really it’s just 8-10 weeks of orals? Not the greatest idea but you should still get decent results. Have a good cycles wishing you that what I think is going to happen won’t happen. Post the gains 😜

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just to sure... your kickstart of cycle is an oral and the "finisher" is another oral? So really it’s just 8-10 weeks of orals? Not the greatest idea but you should still get decent results. Have a good cycles wishing you that what I think is going to happen won’t happen. Post the gains
I think you misread. The entirety is 6wks adding in the remaining epistane the final 17 days. What is it that you think will happen? I’ve ran many 6wk oral cycles in the past

30mg M1a 6wks
100mg 3ad 6wks
20mg epistane final 17days

Pct - pharma grade clomid

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the PRs! You were right to hold one in the tank on the squats - especially squats and pulls, and usually always, it pays to walk away thinking you had one more instead of going 10/10 and then it backlashing performance the next week or, worse, getting hurt. Like you said, it’s about steady progress down the road.

The SSB will be a great builder. Helps teach you to stay upright under the bar and really builds the quad muscle exactly where you want it for bigger max squats.

Four Horsemen is on my playlist too bro

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2

30mg m1a/100mg 3ad

I was considering taken today off but on my way home I felt like I could really get after my week3 squat day after the lunch I ate haha.
Pwo 1.5scoops juice daddy/1 cap spook(amp citrate)/5g creatine mono

Squats -(Texas squat bar)
55x10x2/110x10x2
5x150
5x185
3x225
5x280
3x320
5x355 PR

Safety squats
135x10x2
225x5/6/5

I felt great today and hit a pr, which honestly I didn’t see coming and I probably had one more in me but did wanna injure myself. I’ve only been squatting regularly again over the past 6 months.
Nothing to note otherwise as it’s day 2 but if I keep progressing that’s all I want. Safety squat bar is a whole different animal and I love how my quads feel right now.
View attachment 200739View attachment 200740
Out of curiosity, did an injury keep you from squatting (before 6 months ago) or was it something you just didn’t do often? I only ask because I too recently started squatting again after some time off following multiple knee surgeries.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Out of curiosity, did an injury keep you from squatting (before 6 months ago) or was it something you just didn’t do often? I only ask because I too recently started squatting again after some time off following multiple knee surgeries.
Yea I hurt myself squatting over a year ago. Something with my sciatic, I was numb from my ass to my toes on my left side. I couldn’t do any squats or deadlifts for a while, it was horrible I felt like the guy that skipped leg day. Now I’m almost 100% again but for whatever reason deadlifts still aggravate it.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Congrats on the PRs! You were right to hold one in the tank on the squats - especially squats and pulls, and usually always, it pays to walk away thinking you had one more instead of going 10/10 and then it backlashing performance the next week or, worse, getting hurt. Like you said, it’s about steady progress down the road.

The SSB will be a great builder. Helps teach you to stay upright under the bar and really builds the quad muscle exactly where you want it for bigger max squats.

Four Horsemen is on my playlist too bro
Thanks man. I’m really trying to play it smart as I get older and hurt myself easier.
Any Metallica pre-black album gets played by me pretty often

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Up 2.6lb today. Waking weight is 194lb. I will check again mid week to see if it holds. Today was week3 for pressing and the weight was going up easy. I did pull something in my upper back last week and I have an annoying lingering pain with some numbness in my arm so I’m trying not to overdo it. With that said I set another pr today haha. I kept the accessory benching light as tomorrow is set to be wk3 bench after work depending on how the arm feels, might just hit legs and save it for Wednesday though.
One thing to note is my hunger is definitely increasing and I’m looking fuller in my quads(pants fit tighter) and upper body, like an all day pump even on rest days.

Military press
5x85
5x105
3x135
5x160
3x180
9x200 PR
4x225
1x245

Bench
135x10x2
155x8
185x6x2

Front lateral db raises raises ss facepulls

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Pwo - 2 scoops juice daddy plus creatine
*M1a and 3ad will remain the same unless noted

Today was my comp bench day for week 3. No prs were set but that’s fine since everything is firing the way it’s supposed to and I’m slowly increasing my volume. After I finished pressing I did some tricep work with my cables and dumbbells, rope push downs and tricep extension as well as db kickbacks.
Bench
5x115
5x145
3x175
5x215
3x245
6x275
Joker set
2x260 with no rest

CG bench with power bar
10x135x2
8x155
6x175

Tomorrow will be a rest day as I’m taking my wife out to dinner(vegan restaurant)... go ahead and talk ****. I will carb up when I get home and hit legs in the morning.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do they have anything you like at the vegan place?

I like the vegan junk foods okay like burgers, pizza, pastas, chicken nuggets/breaded patties. I’ve have some black bean brownies that I didn’t know had beans in them or were vegan til after.

It’s the health food, the normal vegan food that gets me - that stuff sucks

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do they have anything you like at the vegan place?

I like the vegan junk foods okay like burgers, pizza, pastas, chicken nuggets/breaded patties. I’ve have some black bean brownies that I didn’t know had beans in them or were vegan til after.

It’s the health food, the normal vegan food that gets me - that stuff sucks
This is like 5 star vegan cuisine. It’s a big deal to her so I booked it. She immediately said “babe we might have to stop and get you pizza or a cheesesteak after”...that’s marriage right there

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Week1day1 5/3/1 cycle 2

Woke up this morning weighing 196lb, almost a 5lb increase in less than a week. I feel great mentally and my muscles feel like rocks. My wife commented on how solid I was the other while out walking the dogs, so I guess it’s not just me haha.
This morning was my leg day and it went well. Kept it simple and it has me instantly sore in a good way. Went with a heavy preworkout cocktail to switch things up
-M1a/3ad (same)
- 3 caps of Special forces
- 1 scoop Superhuman super with dmha (og)
- creatine mono 10g
Workout went like this. I posting up some videos in the dungeon too

Squat
5x155
5x190
5x230
5x250
5x290
5x325
3x345 joker set (1st video)

Safety squat bar box squats using bench
135x10x2
135x10(plus chains) x2 (2nd video)
185(plus chains)x6x2
*chains are 65lb each

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know the little stuff sucks, but if you can add a little accessory or two like band pullthrus or kb swings, or some stationary db lunges, that stuff tends to pay out in some easy muscle when on a cycle.

I am basically always ready to be done after my main lower lifts so I feel you on just stopping after due to exhaustion, but just sayin’!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know the little stuff sucks, but if you can add a little accessory or two like band pullthrus or kb swings, or some stationary db lunges, that stuff tends to pay out in some easy muscle when on a cycle.

I am basically always ready to be done after my main lower lifts so I feel you on just stopping after due to exhaustion, but just sayin’!
I’ll definitely make sure I work them in. I did some core work after this but I really rushed through it so it really wasn’t even worth noting

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In, Nice home gym !!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Hyde any books you’d recommend reading on strength training? Was thinking maybe ordering beyond 5/3/1

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde any books you’d recommend reading on strength training? Was thinking maybe ordering beyond 5/3/1
Just bought Base Strength: Program Design Blueprint by Alexander Bromley the other week. Halfway through it and I can tell it’s one of the best books I’ve ever read that actually explains how to program strength training (from starting out to advanced years of training). Wish I had it when I started out. He explains how to program and why things work so you can understand how to choose templates that most directly meet your needs as you advance.

He’s has some terrific programming/training content on his YouTube channel & owns a gym called Empire Barbell. Guy is pretty strong and has helped some great athletes. I know he coached the 1st place Lightweight Pro at America’s Strongest Woman when my wife competed against her last year in South Beach. Winning a pro-only show is no small task.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just bought Base Strength: Program Design Blueprint by Alexander Bromley the other week. Halfway through it and I can tell it’s one of the best books I’ve ever read that actually explains how to program strength training (from starting out to advanced years of training). Wish I had it when I started out. He explains how to program and why things work so you can understand how to choose templates that most directly meet your needs as you advance.

He’s has some terrific programming/training content on his YouTube channel & owns a gym called Empire Barbell. Guy is pretty strong and has helped some great athletes. I know he coached the 1st place Lightweight Pro at America’s Strongest Woman when my wife competed against her last year in South Beach. Winning a pro-only show is no small task.
Awesome I’m definitely looking into this one then. Wish I would’ve known about that South Beach comp last year as I was living about an hour away.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wish America’s Strongest Woman got more press coverage !

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Woke up today took all my supplements and my dogs for a walk. During the walk I got really hyped to press. Bar felt super light during warmups. I did a bunch of banded warmups as well, this is something I need to spend more time on so I really focused on it today. Set another volume PR on military today so I threw in a joker set. Afterwards I did a really conservative bbb bench set focusing on form and slow reps. Strength is definitely start to shoot up a week in on the m1a.

Wk1 cycle 2 military press
5x90
5x110
3x135
5x145
5x165
12x190 PR
3x210 joker set

Bench
135x10x5

Shrugs
135x10x2
185x10x2

Cable face pulls ss tricep extension 3 sets

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is a Joker Set ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hav
Basically while running 5/3/1, if you’re having a really good day you can add what’s called a joker set after your last max/all out set. This is 90% of your 1rm.
I have never heard of this - I guess you do learn something new every day !!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Today was a rest day so no training update.
Woke up today and put my work shirt on, standard large company tee. Had off the past 2 days and today it’s tight as hell. I had a carb heavy meal at my parents last night and I’ve had a permanent pumped look all day.
Supplement update-
30mg M1a
150mg 3ad - I’m bumping the 3ad up because well I love how much energy I have and how it’s performing in general. I’m currently sitting on 6 bottles(thanks @ZOO haha)so I figure let’s see what it’s all about. I’ve read reviews up to 200mg so I figure I’ll ride 150 out a few days and if sides become too negative I’ll drop back down. I’ll still be adding the epistane at 20mg per day the last 2.5wks.
That’s all for now

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar