Limbaugh and the Rams

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
What is everyone's take on this? Personally I think that no matter the political association of someone, they should let him buy. Its his money. And of course the "race" card gets played, just like everytime a conservative expresses how they feel and disagrees with the left. :twak:Rant over. Thanks

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From what I understand, the owner's association has a vote and the commissioner has a say as well. If they feel that Rush's noteriety would be an unwelcome distraction, they might block him from joining their company.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
The nfl would be stupid to not allow him based on what the lefties have to say about him. Rush is a business man first and foremost. He knows how to promote like Don King, but isn't dirty and back handed and predatory like King. If the Rams are struggling and need some new ownership, Rush would be a great addition. Just think how many conservatives would jump on the Rams bandwagon just because of Rush. Increased revenue even if the team still sucks.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think they will use what the "lefties" say. They have a right to refusal, which they will no doubt exercise

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I must have had my head in a bag recently. What is the big deal with Rush buying the team. I know he's not a loved man, but why are sharpton - jackson, up his @$$?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My question is this... why does anyone ****ing care who owns the Rams? I am from St. Louis... sell the damn team to Obama, it is no skin off my back. It is not like Rush can push his politics into the team. PLUS.. the major purchaser is David Checkettes, a well respected man that has brought flourish to multiple cities and teams .... Rush is just part of the investment group willing to purchase.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Too many people hate on someone who expresses their political and social views so openly, no matter how much money or how qualified he may or may not have been he never had much of a chance considering how many people in the media and in the spotlight dislike the man for his beliefs. It probably would have been easier for him if he was on the other side of the political spectrum but strong conservatism is normally taken as being too harsh and not nice enough to everybody.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
He was cut from the team of people in the hat for it. I guess the chances of a political firestorm were just too great. Best of luck to Rush. He's not hurtin' anyhow.

phil216

Awards
  • Established
It was fine for George Soros to be part of the group looking to buy the Rams but not Rush? George Soros but not Rush what is wrong with people..........