Lifting saved my life

Rommel65

Awards
On monday, on the way to work, I was in a bad car accident. We had alot of snow here and I lost control of my car on the highway. I was T boned on the driver's side door by another car that was propbably going over 50. I was pinned into my car. The fire department had to use the jaws of life to cut me out. They cut all my clothes off of me and shoved tubes everywhere. At the tramua center, it was more tubes and ex rays and MRIs and lots of pain medicine. The doctor was amazed that I walked out of the hospital about 8 hours later. He said that the muscle on my body saved my life. He said he never saw anyone walk away from the kind of accident that I had with out a scratch. So.....keeep lifting boys, it can save your life.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad youre OK. Im willing to bet that llifting has saved many of our lives, just not in such a dramatic fashion.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Awesome that you're ok after that. I've been lucky never to have been in anything more than a fender bender. Seems lean body mass has even more benefits than I realized.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear all is well. Chalk one up for muscle.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It's armor, no joke. Glad your ok bud!

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
wow glad you're okay. the big guy upstairs is definitely watching over you. about 2 months ago i was at work and intentionally run down by a motorist. though i didn't walk away, (broken tibia and fibula and humerus, but without all the muscle, i would have been toast.

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
damn glad your okay bro, just shows life is precious

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
wow glad you're okay. the big guy upstairs is definitely watching over you. about 2 months ago i was at work and intentionally run down by a motorist. though i didn't walk away, (broken tibia and fibula and humerus, but without all the muscle, i would have been toast.
did you shoot that ****er? lol

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Glad you are ok. Someone is def. watching over you.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Wow, also glad you're ok!

Glad youre OK. Im willing to bet that llifting has saved many of our lives, just not in such a dramatic fashion.
Very true. Aside from the physical benefits, I think the mental ones and stress relief are just as important.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
great story, the part about the muscle on your body saved you. the accident part not so good.