Lifting after triple bypass heart surgery, gonna show you how its done!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Apparently, killing off the gut bacteria with antibiotics also curbs TMAO production from carnitine. Gonna encapsulate the carnitine with a nice load of broad spectrum antibiotics, that will do!
Berberine.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Berberine.
Yep, that could keep the bacteria population down. Currently using MK-677 and Berberine together. The latter to keep blood sugar under control while using Ibutamoren.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, the "does not prevent clotting" part above is what I am referring to. Of course it doesn't prevent clots - it is a clotting factor in and of itself, it increases clotting.

So yes, it reduces calcium levels in the blood which is good for endothelial health, but it can increase clotting which is bad for heart attacks and strokes. Mix that with elevated platellate levels from steroid use and... whatever. Probably not the end of the world, but not necessarily the best recipe.

And of course that is why you don't want to take it with a blood thinner like warfarin.

Not saying anyone is "wrong" just that the entire thing is a bit more complicated.
That’s what I’m getting at: it doesn’t prevent OR promote clotting - it ALLOWS it to happen when needed. Which is massively significant here. At least that’s what I’ve read in some medical blogs.

I would never use warfarin with nattokinase so readily available. It has a far safer track record. And people have still had strokes on both, but the people using them were of course typically those already at risk.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Status update:

Using MK-677 for a month. Feeling way better. Wounds are healing optimal.
I'm sure the MK-677 helped with bone and wound healing.
The pain in the back is now manageable without medication. I have high hopes that it isn't a chronic issue.

Will need at least 2 more months before I post my first workout log. Have to get rid of the hernia first, heal it out, then attack the weights.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For everyone interested to see what 2 month sedentary life does to a body builder, I gonna post some pics by tomorrow.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Status update:

Using MK-677 for a month. Feeling way better. Wounds are healing optimal.
I'm sure the MK-677 helped with bone and wound healing.
The pain in the back is now manageable without medication. I have high hopes that it isn't a chronic issue.

Will need at least 2 more months before I post my first workout log. Have to get rid of the hernia first, heal it out, then attack the weights.
I realise it's not nearly the same thing but I'm convinced mk sped up the healing after my hernia surgery.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here to evaluate the impact of surgery and healing time (sedentary) on body composition, 2 month in pictures:

Pre-surgery

Right after surgery

2 month after surgery

Fugging post-op hernia, testimony for professionalism of third world surgeons

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Summary:
8 weeks of not moving had most impact on:

-hip, gut and boob fat: +10-15%
-shoulders, quads and glutes, 20% off
-everything else, about 15% off

Last edited:
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You would look even worse cold and dead and in a casket. Glad you have what you have.

You are still in way better shape then when you started logging on here with your metal detector and everything.

And "muscle memory". If you built it, you can get it back. You should be cruising when you get back. If I were you I would take 3 months off and get fat and set myself up for some good "before" photos so that the return gains could have me saying, "I gained 30 pounds of muscle and lost 45 pounds of fat in 3 months."

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here to evaluate the impact of surgery and healing time (sedentary) on body composition, 2 month in pictures:

Pre-surgery

View attachment 188410

Right after surgery
View attachment 188411

2 month after surgery
View attachment 188412

View attachment 188413

Fugging post-op hernia, testimony for professionalism of third world surgeons
Still looking solid mate! I think you will be surprised at how little muscle you lose and how quickly your strength returns once you are all healed up.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Still looking solid mate! I think you will be surprised at how little muscle you lose and how quickly your strength returns once you are all healed up.
This !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah still looking better than me and many others my man. You are doing something right because you are maintaining very nicely.
Thank you. Better than you? :) I look like a trailer -you like a castle, with towers and all, LOL. TRT dose is at 175mg/w (guessing its more like 130-150mg; cheapest UGL I could find from India).
I'm still intermittent fasting, less protein, more fibers, nuts and fruits. Besides that, walking around, 10 minutes sun exposure x day, drinking coffee and the secret ingredient: Rave once a month.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you. Better than you? :) I look like a trailer -you like a castle, with towers and all, LOL. TRT dose is at 175mg/w (guessing its more like 130-150mg; cheapest UGL I could find from India).
I'm still intermittent fasting, less protein, more fibers, nuts and fruits. Besides that, walking around, 10 minutes sun exposure x day, drinking coffee and the secret ingredient: Rave once a month.
I’m basically a fat guy with traps

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still look like a force to be reckoned with HGP. I was expecting you to post some catastrophic train wreck of a body, not even remotely close. One can still see that mass just waiting to be reactivated, muscle memory kicks in, then the resurrection ensues.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d say you look good, better than dead for sure and probably better than most of us would look after that surgery.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree with everyone else, you are looking good for your situation and will bounce back very quickly. Muscle memory and glycogen / fat store replenishment is going to fill those muscles back out nicely. You are still pretty lean and your delt caps are still standing out off your arms which is very impressive.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
honestly was expecting far more negative change brother. All things considered you are looking amazing.

I’d add butt sunning into your regime whilst still off lifting.....Its the latest thing and I can see that suiting you 😉😂

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still alive. Now struggling with arrhythmia, fainting spells, sudden BP drops. Guessing its a bad interaction between my beta-blocker and my supplement stack. On my way to figure it out.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm still alive. Now struggling with arrhythmia, fainting spells, sudden BP drops. Guessing its a bad interaction between my beta-blocker and my supplement stack. On my way to figure it out.
Be careful my friend.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry man. Nothing is ever easy. What is your BP normally? Is it dropping when going from seated to standing or just random? Do you have any bloodwork?

Obviously not trying to play doctor...just trying to think of crazy options like I do.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I Hope Everything Works Out For The Best.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hoping all is well after your last posts...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hoping all is well after your last posts...
Thank you for sticking around. Yes, I'm better now. I dropped the beta blocker and feel currently awesome! :)

Still waiting till the holidays are over and get surgery for 2 hernias. Decided to wait with it, wouldn't be fair to the family if I had to recover over Christmas and years end.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you for sticking around. Yes, I'm better now. I dropped the beta blocker and feel currently awesome! :)

Still waiting till the holidays are over and get surgery for 2 hernias. Decided to wait with it, wouldn't be fair to the family if I had to recover over Christmas and years end.
good to hear your feeling good brother

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I am getting my MRI tomorrow and will find out early next week if I need surgery. Unfortunately and fortunately at the same time I will not be able to wait it out. If needed it will basically be free if I can get it done before years end... If I wait over 40000 out of pockets... So will not be fair to the family not to get it over the holidays as the expense would be too high and stressful on the budget next year. Hoping for the 16th or later so I can at least spend my anniversary healthy.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am getting my MRI tomorrow and will find out early next week if I need surgery. Unfortunately and fortunately at the same time I will not be able to wait it out. If needed it will basically be free if I can get it done before years end... If I wait over 40000 out of pockets... So will not be fair to the family not to get it over the holidays as the expense would be too high and stressful on the budget next year. Hoping for the 16th or later so I can at least spend my anniversary healthy.

Good Luck to you both !!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good Luck to you both !!!
Thanks I see I put one too many zeros on there. If it was gonna cost me 40,000 I think my wife would say just let it fall off...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Plus you will be even stronger from this extra rest period from the last surgery, so you will be even better equipped to recover from the hernia surgeries safely. Win for the family and for you.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hoping you are doing well @hairygrandpa!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Short update:
-got blood labs with worrisome values, figured that lack of exercise is the culprit
- @MrKleen73 was right, can't lower LDL with diet and supplements alone, now using low dose statins (I hate it when kleen is right about everything) ;)
-found out my cheapo testosterone from India is WAY under dosed -but my adex from India isn't

-stopped lying to myself about "my hernia has to be fixed first, before exercising again"
-went yesterday to the gym for the first time, felt awesome. Did a whole body workout with low weights -but near failure
-today crippling doms -but renewed positive outlook

Now, every day is gym day Mon-Fri , 30 min cardio, 30 min weights. Next month blood labs again. Gonna show the doc what exercise can do, I'm right about this, 100%.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good to see you back at it!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Short update:
-got blood labs with worrisome values, figured that lack of exercise is the culprit
- @MrKleen73 was right, can't lower LDL with diet and supplements alone, now using low dose statins (I hate it when kleen is right about everything) ;)
-found out my cheapo testosterone from India is WAY under dosed -but my adex from India isn't

-stopped lying to myself about "my hernia has to be fixed first, before exercising again"
-went yesterday to the gym for the first time, felt awesome. Did a whole body workout with low weights -but near failure

Now, every day is gym day Mon-Fri , 30 min cardio, 30 min weights. Next month blood labs again. Gonna show the doc what exercise can do, I'm right about this, 100%.
Progress!

Take it slow. Glad you went back on stations. They get stigma on the interweb, but a lot is overblown

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Short update:

Take Care of yourself brother. And show them Doc's they wrong. But do it the right way.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Short update:

This my favorite post of 2019

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome, glad to hear you are back at it! Should help you with most parts of life feeling better both physically and emotionally!