Lifting after triple bypass heart surgery, gonna show you how its done!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sure, read the studies a decade ago. Up to 3 gr x day max, only the flush-version has the benefits, no other version.

Seriously, I like the flush -but well, I'm different. :)
Haha, I can see liking the flush - I thought the dosing was like 200-300 mg clinically. I was mistaken I guess.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, I can see liking the flush - I thought the dosing was like 200-300 mg clinically. I was mistaken I guess.
Besides Niacin, I remember Nattokinase and Serrapeptase for "cleaning" clogged arteries. Problem was possibly blood clotting inhibition leading to stroke.
Stroke is one of the things I'm truly afraid of, so I gonna skip those.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, your comment on clot inhibition causing stroke is something that I found odd - so I did a quick search.

It looks like nattokinase has the ability to break up blood clots on par with tPA. tPA is really the only drug used to treat strokes.

I suspect NK is protective against stroke, not causative. Do I misunderstand or do you have other info I am missing?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, your comment on clot inhibition causing stroke is something that I found odd - so I did a quick search.

It looks like nattokinase has the ability to break up blood clots on par with tPA. tPA is really the only drug used to treat strokes.

I suspect NK is protective against stroke, not causative. Do I misunderstand or do you have other info I am missing?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18310985

And there is more of it, if you search a bit.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, a friend of mine used nattokinase for his clogged arteries and died of a stroke. BUT, nobody knows if natto was a cause, as he "abused" supplements. Almost his whole diet were exclusively pills, caps and tablets.
He already had 2 strokes beforehand too.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I guess substituting the prescribed 125mg aspirin for 200mg nattokinase, is something worth thinking about. Using both could be a problem.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not in the mood to go through a surgery like this again, any time soon. Now reading about arteriosclerosis -and what could be done to prevent it.

Most promising I found so far is:
Pomegranate juice extract and SOD (Superoxide Dismutase ) -Gliadin
Fish oil seems beneficial too.

Any recommendations from you guys?
Nattokinase + astragulus has a lot of benefits too

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, so that DOES look like a hemorrhagic stroke issue. MOST strokes are ischemic, relatively few are hemorrhagic. The survival rate of a hemorrhagic stroke is very low compared to ischemic strokes.

So if you have a hemorrhagic stroke, your chance of dying on NK is increased but the chance is already bad. If you are going to have the more common stroke with the higher survival rate (and all the life issues) NK may be a big benefit it looks like.

There are multiple clotting factors and NK and aspirin seem to likely effect different clotting factors and yes, stacking them could be a bit much.

Tough call, aspirin is tried and true, NK looks promising.

Ultimately, like stations, I think long term use of these things is a bigger issue. It looks like 1 dose of nattokinase can have tPA-like effects, so maybe even a once per week dosing or temporary run would be helpful.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are the most entertaining (in a good way) presence on this forum, and I am so glad to see you are doing so well!

While we all appreciate your enthusiasm to get back at it, please don’t get overzealous! Don’t do anything too soon that could jeopardize the proper healing of your sternum. I would hate to see you have further setbacks simply because you didn’t wait long enough. It just takes that one bad move...:oops:

I know you already know all this, but I can also picture you getting impatient during this beginning healing phase and testing the limits too soon. Before you know it, this stage will be over - but you have to enable it to happen so you can get back to beast mode!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are the most entertaining (in a good way) presence on this forum, and I am so glad to see you are doing so well!

While we all appreciate your enthusiasm to get back at it, please don’t get overzealous! Don’t do anything too soon that could jeopardize the proper healing of your sternum. I would hate to see you have further setbacks simply because you didn’t wait long enough. It just takes that one bad move...:oops:

I know you already know all this, but I can also picture you getting impatient during this beginning healing phase and testing the limits too soon. Before you know it, this stage will be over - but you have to enable it to happen so you can get back to beast mode!
Thank you. Yes, doing almost nothing and waiting is hard. Will wait it out while googling exercises.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Late - But - In !

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That made my day:

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In on this HG,and I hope for the best for you, I have no doubts you will come back stronger than ever. I have a very strong interest as I just found out my coronary calcium score (500) which is rather dangerous (I'm 53). (Family history, dad died at age 47 of heart disease, as did most of his 9 other siblings). Ill be following and may post (in separate thread) about my journey once I find out more this week.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In on this HG,and I hope for the best for you, I have no doubts you will come back stronger than ever. I have a very strong interest as I just found out my coronary calcium score (500) which is rather dangerous (I'm 53). (Family history, dad died at age 47 of heart disease, as did most of his 9 other siblings). Ill be following and may post (in separate thread) about my journey once I find out more this week.
After what happened to me, I suggest to get tested really good. My closed arteries did not show up on several tests before, only when they went in by catheter to look to place a stent.
Thank you for routing for me, best wishes to you too! Keep us informed, I would follow your journey.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Not in the mood to go through a surgery like this again, any time soon. Now reading about arteriosclerosis -and what could be done to prevent it.

Nattokinase. But discuss w doc before hand bc it thins the blood a tad or reduce the clotting ability- forget its exact mechanism but when i had a clot i took for a while durring and after warfarin (w a close eye on inr.)

Hawthorne berry is good for bp- if thats at all necessary or helpful...?

SOD is good shyt.

Acetyl L Carnitine!!! - it's good at restoring damaged cardiac tissue after an event. Google "L carnitine + life extension magazine" and there's a big article about alcar and I car l tartrate and other stuff. Highly suggest the read.

Vitamin shoppe has some arctic cod oil or something that is high in dha content (2:1 dha:epa), and i wanna say that algal dha has some benefits that dha from fish does not have, mostly mental but who knows.

Love ya ya dirty old bastard, keep up the hard work and become healthier than ever! I'll try to find that article for ya.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hope you enjoy nerding out like i do. And there's a lot more out there but if there was only one thing i could take for rest of my days it would def be alcar bc heart/brain/mitchondria is hard to beat.

Also,
CoQ10 of course bc it donates electrons where they are needed. And alpha lipoic acid. Can get acetyl l carnitine with alpha lipoic acid from piping rock for ok price but I'd get then seperate as price is same and you get higher mg caps and more of them. I take like 25 caps every morning. Father thinks I'm nuts and luckily gf thinks I'm smart and wants to follow my lead to an extent.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hope you enjoy nerding out like i do. And there's a lot more out there but if there was only one thing i could take for rest of my days it would def be alcar bc heart/brain/mitchondria is hard to beat.

Also,
CoQ10 of course bc it donates electrons where they are needed. And alpha lipoic acid. Can get acetyl l carnitine with alpha lipoic acid from piping rock for ok price but I'd get then seperate as price is same and you get higher mg caps and more of them. I take like 25 caps every morning. Father thinks I'm nuts and luckily gf thinks I'm smart and wants to follow my lead to an extent.
Why don't you just buy bulk powder and a scale? You can mix it in fruit juice or even water with some sweetener and it's like lemonade almost. Once you figure out a scoop size for your dose, you just scoop it into a drink.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dang HGP, I just read this thread. Sorry to hear this, but happy that you’re still around to make this thread. Your attitude shows how mentally tough you are. I have 3 small pieces of advise.

1. There may be trying times ahead as it pertains to your fitness, and you might get discouraged at times, but don’t give up. I know you’re a tough bastard so keep fighting.
2. I know your not a religious man so I won’t harp on this, but maybe take some alone time and try to communicate with God. He might have been trying to get your attention.
3. And lastly, for your own good, please stay away from those damn raves. With all the high naked chicks running around, I’m not sure you could handle the excitement just yet.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Most interesting/expensive compound ive found regarding the topic. I'd be really disappointed to see a study saying its bunk, but haven't yet.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
In

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the added info. I chose the best heart institute North of Boston, and when things get advanced for them, they send patients to Boston where some of the best hospitals in the world are. I did however choose my Dr at this institute (Interventional Cardiology) where they go in like you mentioned and explore/verify the problem. Im not up on "non-invasive" where they give you drugs, wish for the best, and say "just come on in if you are having a heart attack" which many times can be too late. Sometimes its best to get it done as you have, new plumbing, new journey...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dang HGP, I just read this thread. Sorry to hear this, but happy that you’re still around to make this thread. Your attitude shows how mentally tough you are. I have 3 small pieces of advise.

1. There may be trying times ahead as it pertains to your fitness, and you might get discouraged at times, but don’t give up. I know you’re a tough bastard so keep fighting.
2. I know your not a religious man so I won’t harp on this, but maybe take some alone time and try to communicate with God. He might have been trying to get your attention.
3. And lastly, for your own good, please stay away from those damn raves. With all the high naked chicks running around, I’m not sure you could handle the excitement just yet.
Thank you for you support. I agree with 2 of the 3 points.
Hehe, not gonna say which. ;)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the added info. I chose the best heart institute North of Boston, and when things get advanced for them, they send patients to Boston where some of the best hospitals in the world are. I did however choose my Dr at this institute (Interventional Cardiology) where they go in like you mentioned and explore/verify the problem. Im not up on "non-invasive" where they give you drugs, wish for the best, and say "just come on in if you are having a heart attack" which many times can be too late. Sometimes its best to get it done as you have, new plumbing, new journey...
The "non invasive" option is valid too. I saw studies following people who had bypass surgery -and others who don't. Survival rate for 6 years was almost the same (90% vs 92%). My wild guess is, what happened to me was the better choice, as I had symptoms for a long time. I always thought it to be a sort of heartburn -now I know better.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The "non invasive" option is valid too. I saw studies following people who had bypass surgery -and others who don't. Survival rate for 6 years was almost the same (90% vs 92%). My wild guess is, what happened to me was the better choice, as I had symptoms for a long time. I always thought it to be a sort of heartburn -now I know better.
Non invasive requires a **** ton of meds to keep the stents from sealing up again

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All of this reminds me that I need to go donate with my HCT @52... will do it this week.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Short update:
Was yesterday at the farm planting. Not stressing myself too much....I thought.
Something went wrong, because today at wakening, I had the worst day since surgery.
Bad pain in my thorax, chest muscles and sternum. Also, when inhaling even slightly, I could feel a crackling of my rip cage (sternum), like the healing process got interrupted and everything is loose again.
Needed about an hour to get out of bed, because I cant involve arms -nor abs to sit up and stand. Try it, its almost impossible -and the pain almost made me faint.

Have to be more careful and really rest -instead of trying to do something useful. I hate it to depend on others.
Wanna pee? Wife has to bring the "bottle". Wanna open the fridge? Wife has to do it. Wanna prepare a meal? Wife does.
Unbearable for me, feeling like a dead weight that is dragged around by family.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Short update:
Something went wrong, because today at wakening, I had the worst day since surgery.
Bad pain in my thorax, chest muscles and sternum. Also, when inhaling even slightly, I could feel a crackling of my rip cage (sternum), like the healing process got interrupted and everything is loose again.
Needed about an hour to get out of bed, because I cant involve arms -nor abs to sit up and stand. Try it, its almost impossible -and the pain almost made me faint.

Have to be more careful and really rest -instead of trying to do something useful. I hate it to depend on others.
Wanna pee? Wife has to bring the "bottle". Wanna open the fridge? Wife has to do it. Wanna prepare a meal? Wife does.
Rest big guy.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Short update:

You need to stop trying to do work at the farm! Everything is too much stress other than walking!!! Stop being a stubborn ass or I will have to figure out a way to come down and give you a big Gibbs Slap to the back of the head!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It is said out of love for the tough SOB. Too tough for his own good right now. Got to show some real strength by showing restraint!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Plus a whole video of Gibbs slaps = Priceless!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Short update:

You are putting too much pressure on yourself way too soon, and likely underestimating how willing your loved ones are to help care for you. I am sure your wife doesn’t consider any of this to be a burden, and she is just thankful you are still around. These are the situations when family selflessly steps up to the plate. Let them, and don’t make yourself feel guilty about having a heart attack..

It’s a physical and mental battle right now for sure. Take control of the mental struggle by accepting your physical limitations and remind yourself that they are only short term.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You are putting too much pressure on yourself way too soon, and likely underestimating how willing your loved ones are to help care for you. I am sure your wife doesn’t consider any of this to be a burden, and she is just thankful you are still around. These are the situations when family selflessly steps up to the plate. Let them, and don’t make yourself feel guilty about having a heart attack..

It’s a physical and mental battle right now for sure. Take control of the mental struggle by accepting your physical limitations and remind yourself that they are only short term.
my favorite saying is FAMILY 1ST. very glad I have always treated my wife and kids with respect and love-the day WILL come when I need this from them. KARMA

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
my favorite saying is FAMILY 1ST. very glad I have always treated my wife and kids with respect and love-the day WILL come when I need this from them. KARMA
Yes, we all need that support from family at one time or another. That’s when we truly see what family is all about and become even closer..

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@hairygrandpa, if you think lying around like a weight for 30 days is bad, how about another 30 days because you thought you could help do something they likely could accomplish. By day 30 they will either be glad you are healing, or distressed that they need to carry you for another 30..or worse.

You want to have them spend hours in the ER because you wanted to do something? If it wasn't fun before, don't make them do it again.

You azzhat.