Lifting after triple bypass heart surgery, gonna show you how its done!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Found this for ya bud.... And u had mentioned SOD.....
"Jiaogulan extract has been known to have the following health effects for human beings:

It can provide backing for healthy immune responses.

It leads to proper working of the muscles.

It can increase blood and air circulation.

In regards to horses:

1) Jiaogulan contains powerful antioxidant ability through raised amounts of the Superoxide Dismutase enzyme which leads to healthy immune cells.

2) It backs the homeostasis process in the Horse’s body.

3) It leads to normal functioning of the cells and communication between different organs.

4) It creates healthy organ functioning when the animal is stressed."

Also, i can toss u a lead on some ITTP myo inositol triophosphate (*sp) and DMG/ dimethylglycine.

Hope you're taking er easy bud.
LMAO! :) Yes, I'm a horse. A stud! :)

I already took ITTP years ago, hahaha! Those horse doping products are dope!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In that case- Acetyl L-carnitine baby! Bag of raw powder is cheap as fahk and hemps cardiac tissue, helps remove ammonia, helps loose fat, cleanses adrogen receptors*, and i would be happy* to send you some. As im sure a bunch of us on here would send you some of this or that. I could put together a real nice care package. And this was my girls idea when i told her what happened. She knows i have no life and how much u make me laugh etc so we'd be happy to put something together for u, just lmk. Think u have my mail, just lmk if u send something so i know to look.
A care package? Please don't. I have to pay $21.50 x kg to get anything in. You are too good brother! Let me virtually hug you for good intentions! Cudos to your girl too! Actually, I still have Carnitine in the fridge somewhere, gonna throw it into the mix!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Short update on healing:
I honored my promise and stopped working out.
Its my second day without tramadol. Yesterday was hard to stay away from it. Today I feel good!
I don't limp anymore. Swelling of the affected leg has gone down.
Arm looks good too -but they "scratched" a nerve apparently. Thumb is numb and when extending the arm, nerve fires up like a electric shock.
Left side of chest got some nerve damage too, cant feel my left boob when touching -but can twitch (bounce) with chest muscles.
Overall, I feel progress and I'm happy that I'm off of the opiate.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good job @hairygrandpa! I am gonna have to take back all the harsh things I said...but I won't.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Arm looks good too -but they "scratched" a nerve apparently. Thumb is numb and when extending the arm, nerve fires up like a electric shock.
Left side of chest got some nerve damage too, cant feel my left boob when touching -but can twitch (bounce) with chest muscles.
The nerves will regrow, painful, but they will come back. Just give it time. I’d say probably 6-8 months and you’ll be good to go. The shock is basically the body sending a signal and you not receiving it on the other end. It just takes time.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes and he said: "No more hormones."
He may have the power to put me on some heart medicine -but condemning me to "Perma-hanging-willy" is met with hostility.

I had heart trouble before starting roids and lifting. Lifting cured my left ventricular hypertrophy. The closed arteries are the bill for my 20+ years of binge drinking and morbid obesity -not the result of my 3 years of mostly moderate roid use and good nutrition.

On the other hand, orals are probably not in my future -and I have to watch cholesterol constantly.
Thanks for your reply. My last 20+ years of binge drinking (40 years of training, 40 years of drinking overall, quite combo), thrown on top of horrible family history, for sure helped cause my issue. (Ever read up on hard drinking and atherosclerosis, some Doc's say 2x worse than smoking for it (Atherosclerosis). Low T makes Atherosclerosis worse, so theres a fine line most Dr's don't even know about.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks like life is not easy, but you are a trooper and doing well, each day will get better !!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just checked in and saw this! Glad you made it through the heart attack hgp. I'll be following along a little closer now, just to give you ****.
Translated for everyone else..

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HGP (and you,apparently) knew what I meant. Too many long nights online together, sharing memes and photos of thick women.
Translated for the crowd again.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
@chem.jr. , I'm now researching Jiaogulan. Definitely worth reading about, thanks for the tip.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean if you’re sharing photos with other dudes online late at night, you could certainly do worse than shots of thick women
This has been an ongoing debate for several years. HGP's desire for the Courtney Love heroin addict look (which has probably contributed to his current health issues, tbh) vs my preference for thick women. There have been many pics posted demonstrating why I'm right.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive had a "layman" interest in heart/CV health for awhile, and a couple of things Ive found out (by no means exhaustive)...

There are crudely 2 things of concern with aging and using AAS. One, blood composition (lipids, platelets, hematocrit, etc); two, endothelial health and function.

Theres a crap load of compounds (dietary, supplementary, and Rx) proposed to achieve optimal 1 and 2, all with varying degrees of evidence and study examination. Ive been mainly interested in diet and supplement measures.

If you end up going with Coq10, dont believe the hype with ubiquinol, the cheaper ubiquinon is equally as effective. Dose is ideally 400-600mg per day.

If you havent purchased any pomegranate extract yet, Life Extension do a really good supp that has it, gliSODin, and orange peel in it (the latter is apparently excellent for nitric oxide production, which decreases with age). The product is a *little* low in the pom extract amount, but what is in there is top notch quality and still sufficient.

As to the nattokinase increasing clotting risk, the studies Ive seen indicate it actually reduces platelet aggregation and thrombosis risk. Effectively, its a blood thinner like aspirin.

As I said, there are lots of helpful supps and foods. But on the experimental front, which the LP posts reminded me of, there is high dose (6gm+) chondroitin sulfate proposed as something that actually reverses arterial plaque formation.

Last edited:
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive had a "layman" interest in heart/CV health for awhile, and a couple of things Ive found out (by no means exhaustive)...

There are crudely 2 things of concern with aging and using AAS. One, blood composition (lipids, platelets, hematocrit, etc); two, endothelial health and function.

Theres a crap load of compounds (dietary, supplementary, and Rx) proposed to achieve optimal 1 and 2, all with varying degrees of evidence and study examination. Ive been mainly interested in diet and supplement measures.

If you end up going with Coq10, dont believe the hype with ubiquinol, the cheaper ubiquinon is equally as effective. Dose is ideally 400-600mg per day.

If you havent purchased any pomegranate extract yet, Life Extension do a really good supp that has it, gliSODin, and orange peel in it (the latter is apparently excellent for nitric oxide production, which decreases with age). The product is a *little* low in the pom extract amount, but what is in there is top notch quality and still sufficient.

As to the nattokinase increasing clotting risk, the studies Ive seen indicate it actually reduces platelet aggregation and thrombosis risk.

As I said, there are lots of helpful supps and foods. But on the experimental front, which the LP posts reminded me of, there is high dose (6gm+) chondroitin sulfate proposed as something that actually reverses arterial plaque formation.
Thank you, brother. Already bought all supplements. Gonna read about chondroitin sulfate. Never helped my knees, maybe its useful for my heart.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you, brother. Already bought all supplements. Gonna read about chondroitin sulfate. Never helped my knees, maybe its useful for my heart.
Lol, yeah it never helped my joints either. And, with its anti-arteriosclerosis properties being "experimental", Id never recommend its use either, nomsayin. I personally feel cool with using it cos it looks promising, its fairly cheap, and we can be fairly confident its a safe compound in humans.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Short update on healing:
I honored my promise and stopped working out.
Its my second day without tramadol. Yesterday was hard to stay away from it. Today I feel good!
I don't limp anymore. Swelling of the affected leg has gone down.
Overall, I feel progress and I'm happy that I'm off of the opiate.

View attachment 187165

View attachment 187166
Lots and lots of b vitamins. I think b6 is good for nerve damage. I was popping b complex and b12, 6, folic acid and wtvr else i could find. It seems to have def helped the nerves that were damaged from my gsw and now the oarts that were feeling kinda a fresh scrape/burn if you touched it (nothing there, just bad nerve) now feels like nothing at all (much orefer nothing over discomfort) and the part thats messed up is just kinda numb instead of feeling like pin and needles when touched. Some real world tips. Also, used reishi and shiitake extracts (rich in b vitamins) and d3 and zinc.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thanks for your reply. My last 20+ years of binge drinking (40 years of training, 40 years of drinking overall, quite combo), thrown on top of horrible family history, for sure helped cause my issue. (Ever read up on hard drinking and atherosclerosis, some Doc's say 2x worse than smoking for it (Atherosclerosis). Low T makes Atherosclerosis worse, so theres a fine line most Dr's don't even know about.
Mine happened when my t was total* of 89ng/dl. Now at 7-800 plus (sometimes much higher) and seems to be doing better and now they cant find the clot that used to be there either. Nattokinase and test and lots of alcar and d3 and other supps.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Apparently histidine is good for ateriosclerosis and blood pressure etc etc etc. Cheap on Amazon.
Hawthorn berry is great for BP, gotten 3 ppl off theur bp meds.

And i would think veet root extract would be Great for someone in your situation.

Just some thoughts.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear you stopped exercising and were able to get off the pain meds. Happy to hear that healing seems to be going well also!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear you stopped exercising and were able to get off the pain meds. Happy to hear that healing seems to be going well also!
yeah, getting off pain meds was a great move...but he needs to exercise, just not weights for now...like taking the dog for long walks would be ideal, imo.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, getting off pain meds was a great move...but he needs to exercise, just not weights for now...like taking the dog for long walks would be ideal, imo.
No dog at hand. Can I take one of my cats for long walks? :)

Hey, Its my second day I'm not limping -gimme a break. Currently walking around in the house and garden, next week maybe on a treadmill.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Hey, Its my second day I'm not limping -gimme a break. Currently walking around in the house and garden, next week maybe on a treadmill.
how long since surgery?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

You do realize that's called Cardio and we all know how much you Love Cardio !!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
She was big boned. But I have a heart attack for her too. Lol. Jk

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh no I totally agree but with this guy you give him an inch... he wants the rest of the shaft... Wait WHAT?

No really was referring to resistance training, using the word exercise might give him ideas... he's a stubborn one and always looking for that loophole. So we just tell him walking is okay. LOL
Pretty sure Stacy showed up for a Rave, and now here he is.
What a hot mess she was, I am sure she could have done the trick. You ever see her video talking about the snake in her house... WOW!
She was big-boned, and it was consensual, okay?
Love it!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Short update:

Was spending my free time on reading. All about post bypass training -and sternum healing. It needs 6-8 weeks to heal.
Meaning, I have to wait 4 more weeks before I can begin training again.

Have to watch what I eat. Being at home all the time leads to "heavy snacking".

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Short update:

Was spending my free time on reading. All about post bypass training -and sternum healing. It needs 6-8 weeks to heal.

Yeah that is a rough one. However to be honest your body is going to be burning calories a lot more calories than it typically would at rest. You are doing a lot of recovery and repair and that requires calories. So eat just don't go too nuts. You need to feed yourself to repair yourself. Same as with training recovery.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
4 weeks goes by quick. You will be rev'ed up and ready to go. This time now isn't spent doing nothing, it is spent planning and it sounds like you are doing it!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You will be back bigger and better, it will just take a little time!

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Short update:

Good... Sit your onary ass down and keep reading haha....

One of the strongest minds on AM. You can jump straight into fasting for a week. Able to train with a volume most people wouldnt even think about. Whatever youve said your gonna do you ALWAYS do it.

Youre one tough SOB... No one can dispute that... Just focus your energy on HEALING rather than training. You'll be back in no time. And if I know you'll have some freaky unbelievable tale at the end of all this that has people saying "wow you went through that and now you're here?".... And I think this thread is the beginning of greatness. I think you will even surprise yourself and surpass your own expectations of what you're capable of.

I know youve heard all this and you're good
but I got a lotta love for you HGP...
You really are a walking miracle... From that first pic you posted with the metal detector until now its been a wild ride

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The evolution of @hairygrandpa -

Metal Detector
Blue Shower Cap
Bear Mauling.