Lets talk COVID-19

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you still on target for this to be restocked and available today?

Thanks for all you do
Wont be today. Additional elderberry extract tracking says it will land today sometime. So lets say today or early tomorrow it lands. Give another 1-2 days. Sat is my present estimate.
We will work as fast as possible.

Also applying to the gov to allow us to make hand sanitizer so hopefully we get the all clear and will have soon.
Have 100gal.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wont be today. Additional elderberry extract tracking says it will land today sometime. So lets say today or early tomorrow it lands. Give another 1-2 days. Sat is my present estimate.
We will work as fast as possible.

Also applying to the gov to allow us to make hand sanitizer so hopefully we get the all clear and will have soon.
Have 100gal.
Not sure if it's been asked or not but how do you think this will HELP someone who has already been infected and tested positive? A reduction of symptoms/shorten the infection time?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Started mine yesterday. Great peace of mind having that in my system...along with a shitload of Vitamin C

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if it's been asked or not but how do you think this will HELP someone who has already been infected and tested positive? A reduction of symptoms/shorten the infection time?
Look I cant and wont make any claims. Technically thats illegal as this is a dietary supplement we cant claim cure or prevention or treatment of disease..
You will have to read over the data I posted at the beginning of the thread.
There has also been a good deal of general discussion regarding how these things work. Beyond that my hands are tied.
I also second the large dose of vitamin c. 1-2g a day. If you start to feel sick take 1 g per hour until you start to experience gastro issues. Then back off 1g and thats your daily dose split over 24 hours. Most can take 10g easy if its split.
Possibly vitamin D

Again I cant make any promises but the data seems to support these.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
My current stack

BLR - shield and defend
Vitamin C - 5grams
Vitamin D3 - 4000iu
Vitamin A - 5000iu
Selenium - 100mcg
Greens Powder

What you guys think?

I work in a field where I'm constantly in contact with people, I cant stay home. And the majority of these people lack good hygiene so I need to be very very careful

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My current stack

BLR - shield and defend
Vitamin C - 5grams
Vitamin D3 - 4000iu
Vitamin A - 5000iu
Selenium - 100mcg
Greens Powder

What you guys think?

I work in a field where I'm constantly in contact with people, I cant stay home. And the majority of these people lack good hygiene so I need to be very very careful
I honestly don’t believe that’s enough C. And I need 11,000iu vitamin D3 to maintain optimal blood levels.
Also, vitamin C is going mainstream!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Thanks for the input brother @GreenMachineX ..maybe I'll experiment with bowel tolerance levels.

Also just did bloodwork, and Vitamin D3 was at 47 ( range 30-100).

You think I should up my dose from 4000iu?

Last edited:
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks for the input brother @GreenMachineX ..maybe I'll experiment with bowel tolerance levels.

Also just did bloodwork, and Vitamin D3 was at 47 ( range 30-100).

You think I should up my dose from 4000iu?
I think so. 6000 iu had me at 40ish, so I do think you’ll need ~8000iu to be 60-80 somewhere. I’m at 75 blood level with 11000iu.
For Vitamin C right now (not ill), I’m shooting for 8-10g. 6g might cut it, I don’t really know. But with how this virus takes so long to show symptoms, if I catch it, during that incubation period I’m loaded up on C, I imagine it will only help going by what we know of it’s impact on other disease.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I think so. 6000 iu had me at 40ish, so I do think you’ll need ~8000iu to be 60-80 somewhere. I’m at 75 blood level with 11000iu.
For Vitamin C right now (not ill), I’m shooting for 8-10g. 6g might cut it, I don’t really know. But with how this virus takes so long to show symptoms, if I catch it, during that incubation period I’m loaded up on C, I imagine it will only help going by what we know of it’s impact on other disease.
Do you feel any different with Vitamin D3 blood levels in the upper range, as oppose to 40ish?

And what difference do you feel? I know Vitamin D3 is associated with mood and stuff

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you feel any different with Vitamin D3 blood levels in the upper range, as oppose to 40ish?

And what difference do you feel? I know Vitamin D3 is associated with mood and stuff
I don’t think so, but I do feel a difference at 30 vs. 75. Scratchy throat, stuffy nose, and other stuff like that. PM coming to you.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For everyone reading.
Optimal vitamin d levels are very important overall but might also help defend against covid.
Too much d, however, can be hazardous so its important to take labs and assess the proper dosing of you vitamin d supplement.
It is not recommended to take 10000iu unless you have to.
For example 2000iu works for me.
If I took 10000 it would put me at risk for all kinds of issues some serious.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
For everyone reading.
Optimal vitamin d levels are very important overall but might also help defend against covid.
Too much d, however, can be hazardous so its important to take labs and assess the proper dosing of you vitamin d supplement.
Great point. I just did blood work.

4000 iu has me at 47 ng/ml. The lab range is 30-100.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Sorry. Just realized I already posted this.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could probably be a bit higher. Even high normal can be problematic for some. Like nearing 100 range.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I may up the dose to 6000 iu for a bit. How long should I wait to draw blood see where I'm at with that dose?

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For everyone reading.
Agreed. I take 11,000iu to keep my levels between 70-75.

HooliganNoire

HooliganNoire

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For everyone reading.
100mcg K2 with every 5000iu D3, correct?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
What's the need for the k2?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also for those wondering about copper, you can get your copper which has it's benefits as well.

We can also eat ourselves into a better anti-viral place additionally.
:)

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also for those wondering about copper, you can get your copper which has it's benefits as well.

We can also eat ourselves into a better anti-viral place additionally.
:)
Absolutely. We don’t talk about this enough. Keto baby!

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have alot of bottles in stock this time around?

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Could shield and defend have any negative effects on you?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't see how it would have any negative effects, only positive on performance as well in more ways than one.
Research each of the three ingredients.

It's a great well priced product, and still qualifies for the 30% discount with MADMARCH.

Buy 3 products, get Amino Infusion for FREE.
It's a great deal.

-M

Last edited:
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I don't see how it would have any negative effects, only positive on performance as well in more ways than one.

It's a great well priced product, and still qualifies for the 30% discount with MADMARCH.
$17.50 with the discount code.

It's a great deal.

-M
Yes sir. I was pleasantly surprised to see those aminos with my order

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

$17.50 with the discount code.

It's a great deal.

-M
Code doesn't work for me unfortunately.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Max,

Let me have a look...
I communicated that it isn't working.

-M

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Could probably be a bit higher. Even high normal can be problematic for some. Like nearing 100 range.
How long after upping my Vitamin D3 would you suggest I check blood levels again? @brundel I greatly appreciate your help.

Tsteele60

Tsteele60

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Having the same issue with the "MADMARCH" code not working

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wondered that myself and was surprised that no one has brought it up. I hadn't seen anything about it being used in relation to Covid but its a great ingredient.

I can tell you why more companies don't offer it though. It's a branded ingredient, extremely expensive, super picky about who they will license it to, and they are super strict about enforcing MAP pricing on companies that offer it. So there's no way for Company XYZ to offer it cheaper than Company ZYX because the patent holder controls the pricing. If they were to try to, the patent holder will both pull the rights to the use the ingredient and sue them if they refuse to raise, or get their retailers to raise their prices.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In my opinion, your best supplemental defense against Covid, is vitamin C at 8 grams or more. Will it protect you from getting it? No - avoidance is your best defense against that. But if you do get it, Vitamin C is necessary for immune function. One of the dangers of Covid is that your immune response becomes so strong trying to fight it that your immune system actually starts destroying YOUR tissue. We know that Vitamin C has many immune functions, and one of these is to clear out or reduce (as in neutralize through oxidative reduction) neutrophils and toxic byproducts created by the immune response to an infection.

We also know that doses as low as 250 mg/day have shown to have benefit in the common cold/flu - but a lot of these studies are conflicting, the results are usually non-significant, etc. Studies comparing 6-8 grams vs. smaller doses show more significant outcomes:

https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/9/4/339

Finally, a Medline screening study published in February shows a reduction of the time spent on a ventilator when 1-6 grams of vitamin C is administered. This study showed 14% reduction in time spent on a ventilator for all patients and a 25% reduction in time spent on a ventilator for the sickest patients.

https://jintensivecare.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40560-020-0432-y

Now, some flaws - the last two links are from the same person and he has a lot invested into Vitamin C research. Not saying he is disingenuous, but things like confirmation bias come into play.

Also, these two are basically meta-analysis studies and I usually take those with a grain of salt. Actual controlled observation would be better of course - but who's funding Vitamin C studies? No one. It's seen as quackery (and some of that view I can agree with).

But, based on those facts alone and the low-risk of taking 8 grams of vitamin C a day and the fact that if you show up in the ER and get put on a ventilator it is unlikely the doctors are going to give you any vitamin C (although I have seen articles about it being used in NY and China) - my goal is to be prepared and have as much of it in my luggage (body's cells) as I can when I show up and before they take over and I can't get anymore. Sure, vitamin C is quickly eliminated from the body so I may show up with high levels and have very little within 24 hours - but what else can you do?

With some hope, based on the studies that show reduction in symptoms and duration (as well as some evidence it may reduce the number of incidences of illness) - show me something that is more likely to help, has as many ways it can possibly help, with a lower risk and lower cost than Vitamin C? I am telling everyone I know to just take 8 or more grams a day right now. You can buy a kg of powder for $30 and put it in crystal light, gatorade, juice, etc. and not even think about it beyond that. At 8 grams a day that $30 will get you about 4 months of Vitamin C.

As far as Vitamin D - also a fan. There is always a fear of taking too much - and ideally you should have your levels checked, but I've seen studies giving 500,000 iu as a bolus dose to people with immune diseases, studies giving 100,000 iu twice a year, studies giving 100,000 iu every month, etc. I personally have taken a 200-300,000 iu over the course of a week without any issues. Am I recommending this? No. Long term, I certainly wouldn't recommend those doses. But taking 100,000 i.u per month may actually have a greater impact than taking it daily.

This study shows 50-100k iu per week is safe for the reversal of statin tolerance:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4821095/

Of course this is in a group of sicker people for a specific purpose, but I believe it does provide evidence that even 10,000 iu per day is acceptable. But, you could always just do 50,000 once per week.

Again, this study is more about D3 vs. D2 but uses doses of 300,000 iu:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4128480/

This study shows a single large dose of 100,000 may be enough to elevate levels for 6-7 months, but only in about half the population, and this population is children:

https://trialsjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13063-019-3184-z

Also, I can't find the study, but after my father had his stroke I was looking into that - and there is a curve, sure. It seems that stroke and heart attack risk may actually increase once you get over 110 so I prefer to stay between 60-80 and won't freak if it's under 100 but may reduce my intake. Of course, getting a doctor to check your Vitamin D status gan be tough. Some doctors are all for Vitamin D and believe in it, others see everyone calling it a panacea and reject it and fight even checking it.

If you can't get your blood work, being conservative is still wise - but under 10,000 iu/day or taking (or an equivelant 1X per week dose) is, IMO, very likely to be safe in 90% or more of the population.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
^^^ Something I wanted to mention that doesn't apply to most, but it does to some of us - if you have stomach/GI issues from using high dose Vitamin C and want to up your daily dosage, you may want to look into Buffered C. It allows me to take a much higher daily dosage than with regular C. (I use the Nature's Way brand myself).

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think I would like to see evidence that it works against coronavirus.
Is there evidence that quercetin co-crystals works in Covid?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ill turn the MADMARCH code back on but will expire at 12 tonight.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there evidence that quercetin co-crystals works in Covid?
I think Absolutely yes. Quite a few companies working on vaccines also think so. Millions have already been funneled into canadian companies working on isoquercetin based therapies.

We want to look at any potential ways to combat this virus but you really have to look at 2 specific things when assessing potential efficacy.
1. How does COVID-19 do what it does? Starting with other more well known coronavirus and then also what we presently know about COVID-19.
2. What we can show each small molecule, potential vaccine etc has been reasonably theorized or proven to accomplish in this regard.
In this case, minimum, Quercetin has been shown to block entry into the cell and prevent replication of the virus.

I dont presently see convincing evidence for Ahcc

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
Grabed a few bottles thinking about about going to grab a few more.

Is it easier to just place a second oder?

Also how do i join your private FB group

Thanks

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think Absolutely yes. Quite a few companies working on vaccines also think so. Millions have already been funneled into canadian companies working on isoquercetin based therapies.

We want to look at any potential ways to combat this virus but you really have to look at 2 specific things when assessing potential efficacy.
1. How does COVID-19 do what it does? Starting with other more well known coronavirus and then also what we presently know about COVID-19.
2. What we can show each small molecule, potential vaccine etc has been reasonably theorized or proven to accomplish in this regard.
In this case, minimum, Quercetin has been shown to block entry into the cell and prevent replication of the virus.

I dont presently see convincing evidence for Ahcc
Based on the first link you posted and some general research, what this quote should say, IMO, is:

I think Absolutely potentially yes. Quite a few companies A company that is working on vaccines a potential treatment also think so. Millions A million have has already been funneled into a canadian companies company working on isoquercetin based therapies. (please note: ISOQUERCETIN)

In this case, minimum maximum, Quercetin has been shown hypothesized to block entry into the cell and prevent replication of the virus.

I dont presently see convincing evidence for Ahcc that is any less convincing than the above.
But this is just my opinion, of course. I mean, at least AHCC has made it to phase II clinical trials for a viral-related issue and been used in humans. Quercetin is relegated to theory, petri dishes, mice and "non-human primates".

And this isn't an attack on anything. Quercetin can be healthy, I like the ingredient and think it could have a lot of good benefits - I just am not sure what makes it so magical and don't want anyone to get false hope. I think the logic is stretched. Just like I said about Vitamin C - I believe it could be useful - but it won't prevent or cure anything. But even vitamin C has some human trials...

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please explain what the difference is chemically between quercetin and isoquercetin.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Grabed a few bottles thinking about about going to grab a few more.

Is it easier to just place a second oder?

Also how do i join your private FB group

Thanks
Easiest to just place second order because your order has likely already been shipped or has been processed and is headed to USPS.

Facebook group.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Please explain what the difference is chemically between quercetin and isoquercetin.
I don't know...are they the same?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gotcha...thanks. my supplement routine gets longer by the hour these days.
A solid multi like Thorne’s 2 Per Day covers this and you get the better forms of folate and b12.