Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lenny & Larry’s Complete Cookie lacks protein, says Class Action Lawsuit

It hasn’t been going well for Lenny & Larry or their Complete Cookie. First, there was a recall in December of 2016 for undeclared dairy contamination. That’s kind of a big deal when you’re selling a cookie that’s supposedly vegan.

And now they’ve been sued in a class action lawsuit that claims they’ve drastically overstated their protein content — claiming 16 grams of protein per cookie when laboratory tests reveal that each cookie has between 4–9 grams of protein.

https://medium.com/@anthonyroberts/lenny-larrys-complete-cookie-lacks-protein-says-class-action-lawsuit-46d7d6ce1fae#.6orjrdtuv

Not sure how much of this is true, but saw this....
Glad I never had a L&L Cookie.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That is a HUGE difference. Hoping this isn't true but you never know these days

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
Wow! I have had a ton of them. Not within the last month though. They were very inconsistent in their quality. I was using them for the extra cals though. The last batch I had didn't seem like they were cooked completely. The batch before, I think somebody didn't hear the oven timer go off.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
its a cookie folks.....a cookie no different from a cookie

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
a cookie that was initially filled with soy protein.....maybe the colluded with the Russians..

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BUSTED!

mLfBqF2.jpg

(This only works if you saw Rich Pianas first Youtube series)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
a cookie that was initially filled with soy protein.....maybe the colluded with the Russians..
I knew it! It was the Ruskies! They're hacking our cookies. Raises his fist to the sky!
Orders more anyway.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow! I have had a ton of them. Not within the last month though. They were very inconsistent in their quality. I was using them for the extra cals though. The last batch I had didn't seem like they were cooked completely. The batch before, I think somebody didn't hear the oven timer go off.
So much this...Some batches were great, others were dry and hard as a rock. QC not even once. Maybe I will get some money back from this lawsuit, from the phase 8 lawsuit I think I cleared $85

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sad......I actually loved the cookies esp. the Peanut butter ones. Mine were always nice and soft, never had consistency issues. If the old hag didn't feel like cooking dinner, I'd just have one of these and some Fairlife.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These days? This type of **** went on way more in prior eras. Now we have the internet which at least allows consumers to spread information in an attempt to try to keep suppliers honest.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Someone did a breakdown of these things and showed how they are just....

sugar cookies. lol.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
They're literally just
1) Enriched wheat flour
2) Sugar
3) Margarine
4) Protein blend (from peas and rice)

....in terms of having carbs (54g -8g fiber, w/ 30g sugar) , sure it's got them. But it's from flour!

These can have their place (looking for extra calories, carbs, etc.) but if you can tolerate dairy you might as well just eat milk and cookies! No different

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow... I just had a Pumpkin Spice one last night! hahaha! .. I bought it as a cheat though.

compan

compan

Awards
Well that is a huge difference.

To think they couldn't even make them taste better when they were lying to us is an even bigger surprise.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I feel sorry for you if that is your definition of a "cheat."
This hurt me to read as well. I'm having mcdoubles for dinner and that's not even a cheat for me. Lol

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Folks, had the craziest dream last night...

I created a high calorie, high fat, high sugar, low protein...health cookie...that didn't even taste as good as real baked goods.

And I sold millions of them...

It's unfortunate that people are way too smart for such a thing to ever work in real life.

Reactions: Nac
kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dip real cookies in chocolate protein shake. Problem solved

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wasnt a fan of the protein sources in these cookies, so rarely purchased them (only when in a total pinch). glad I didn't waste too much money

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dip real cookies in chocolate protein shake. Problem solved
or go to dunkin doughnuts and get doughnuts and coffee-since they put caffeine in everything else!!!:arms:

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They debuted like 4 new flavors today at the Arnold! I walked right on by lol

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Let us know the deets on the new flavors
Not sure if you read the whole thread, but you do realize they are being accused of only having 4-9g of protein per cookie, right? Sorry not trying to be a ass

RANS0M

RANS0M

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if you read the whole thread, but you do realize they are being accused of only having 4-9g of protein per cookie, right? Sorry not trying to be a ass
Yes I'm aware...all I asked was what the new flavors were

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes I'm aware...all I asked was what the new flavors were
From Stack3d:

"The new additions to the Lenny & Larry’s Complete Cookie menu are the two taste recipes Chocolate Mint and White Chocolate Raspberry, and Apple Pie."

I'm ready for apple pie!

RANS0M

RANS0M

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From Stack3d:

"The new additions to the Lenny & Larry’s Complete Cookie menu are the two taste recipes Chocolate Mint and White Chocolate Raspberry, and Apple Pie."

I'm ready for apple pie!
My body is ready

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I had a batch with mold all over it and they barely gave a ****. Companies who cheat like this on good products are scum IMHO

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
So tired of this same old scam. As a person who had to abandon the protein market because I refused to cheat, I am appalled by this kind of crap.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I posted the link on their Twitter. I can post their response and then mine, if wanted.

Question for you all. I have a box. I did not buy it, I won it as a promo from them. This was before all of this nonsense with them. I hate throwing things away. Question is, would you just throw the box away or would you just count them towards your daily caloric intake and macros, but just enter in 4 grams of protein in MFP?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I posted the link on their Twitter. I can post their response and then mine, if wanted.

Question for you all. I have a box. I did not buy it, I won it as a promo from them. This was before all of this nonsense with them. I hate throwing things away. Question is, would you just throw the box away or would you just count them towards your daily caloric intake and macros, but just enter in 4 grams of protein in MFP?
That is being a little anal.
Just use the macros on the box even though they are wrong.
If you want to toss them , go for it.
You could easily have a better REAL Cookie and a protein shake and be less calories.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

snickers bars are around a buck and very tasty!!!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How do I get in on this?

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
would you just throw the box away or would you just count them towards your daily caloric intake and macros, but just enter in 4 grams of protein in MFP?
Seriously? I can't even begin to even.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who knows what to believe anymore. Apparently, this isn't the first time the plaintiffs trued to sue.

Thanks to the response from Lenny & Larry’s on Twitter, it turns out that one of the plaintiffs, Rochelle Ibarrola, has previously sued Kind LLC (creator of KIND Bars). That case was summarily dismissed as “the plaintiff could not sufficiently define the allegations of injury and deceit and could not establish how Kind LLC’s alleged misrepresentation of evaporated cane juice harmed the plaintiff and other Class Members”.
https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/lenny-and-larrys-lawsuit#response

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You ignored the most important aspect of that article: vegan proteins not adjusted for digestability are likely misrepresenting the total protein available in their product.
Donald trump could really use you, lol:beerchug:

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
It would be nice if they were accurate. I hate to see people build a business on fake macros

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think it will be a very long time until there is some type of conclusion to this case. For now, it's kind of use them knowing your probably not getting the full 16 grams of protein.

I personally like them, and when I find them on sale (which I do often) I buy them. Do I care if I'm getting 8 grams of protein or 16? Not really. I just know they taste great and eating one of these as a snack at night are still far better than grabbing some chips or some cupcakes out of the cabinet which would be ten times worse.

-Spaz

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I think it will be a very long time until there is some type of conclusion to this case. For now, it's kind of use them knowing your probably not getting the full 16 grams of protein.

I personally like them, and when I find them on sale (which I do often) I buy them. Do I care if I'm getting 8 grams of protein or 16? Not really. I just know they taste great and eating one of these as a snack at night are still far better than grabbing some chips or some cupcakes out of the cabinet which would be ten times worse.

-Spaz
Except you pay for a commodity that is barely even there. If I'm advertised something, I want the product i think im getting.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I'd rather have a cookie with my protein shake

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
those white fudge oreo's are fantastic....im on a cut so I only get them once a week, lol!!!
Pinwheels. I am carb backloading on the Juggernaut program. I want a cookie.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Guess what...
Less calories, tastes better, and its cheaper. and you won't be short changed protein :)
lol...how would you rate oreo white fudge?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
lol...how would you rate oreo white fudge?
Really good.
If you have a trader joes nearby their Joe Joe's are fantastic. Currently have a Coffee Joe Joe on special. They did just have a seasonal Joe Joe where they featured 4 different layered flavors that were unreal

PB, Peppermint, Double Chocolate, and Ginger