Legit Sups for Cardio-Respiratory Enhancement?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I was surprised by the recommendations of ephedra pre-cardio. I did a quick search and there are a LOT of warnings about heart risk because ephedra increases heart rate and blood pressure -- combine that with a stressful workout and they say it could do some serious damage.

Thoughts?
I'm not saying I'd recommend it, but when I was doing a lot of yard work a few summers ago, taking some EC really helped me get a ton done without feeling tired or out of breath. Granted, I didn't get my heart rate up that high anyway, and it wasn't really "cardio" per se, but I could see why some people would like it. It seems easier to breathe, like you're getting more air/oxygen, for lack of a better way to describe it, besides the increased energy from EC, of course.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying I'd recommend it, but when I was doing a lot of yard work a few summers ago, taking some EC really helped me get a ton done without feeling tired or out of breath. Granted, I didn't get my heart rate up that high anyway, and it wasn't really "cardio" per se, but I could see why some people would like it. It seems easier to breathe, like you're getting more air/oxygen, for lack of a better way to describe it, besides the increased energy from EC, of course.
Yeah, I would think it would be reasonably safe (and beneficial) for low intensity cardio. I just worry about high intensity with it -- HIIT or stressful long distance.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Considering it is a bronchodilator, the feeling that you were able to breathe easier isnt very surprising. I have allergies and asthma and ephedrine helps me immensely really with any activity.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I would think it would be reasonably safe (and beneficial) for low intensity cardio. I just worry about high intensity with it -- HIIT or stressful long distance.
Yeah, I personally haven't tried it, but I suppose that it's up to the individual and how they react to it. Of course, be safe about it, and keep track of your heart rate and whatnot, but as long as you feel fine and you know you're staying in the safe range, then it should be good to go I suppose (not medical advice, of course).
Considering it is a bronchodilator, the feeling that you were able to breathe easier isnt very surprising. I have allergies and asthma and ephedrine helps me immensely really with any activity.
That makes sense. I know allergies can really mess with breathing. When I was in a house with a lot of cats and didn't have an antihistamine, it was hard to breath even just standing there, forget exercising, haha.